IGNORED

Fans Who Send the Duggars Gifts or Make Personal Requests

roddma

9 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Just saying.

I would really be tickled if this phrase became the new I have "liked" your post.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

@SpoonfulOSugar, so you think miralax is the way to go for my $250,000 fish? 

No, no, I actually think Linzess is more uppity.

Of course, high end fish require high end laxatives.  Donchaa know this?!

3 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Fuck, you're right! I should definitely be spending $600 a month on fish laxatives. Thank you! :)

24 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Which end of the fish is the high end now?

13 minutes ago, Ali said:

@church_of_dog Just saying I have liked your post. :kitty-wink:

6 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

FTFY.

Just sayin'.

Thank you both!  My annoyance at the recent mis-/over-use of that phrase has now successfully been replaced with silliness.  I feel so much better!  Just sayin'.

18 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Oh, now we are moving into a totally different realm.

Of COURSE it's okay to use medical marijuana for fish.

18 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Thank you both!  My annoyance at the recent mis-/over-use of that phrase has now successfully been replaced with silliness.  I feel so much better!  Just sayin'.

I think you unleashed my silly side. ;)  :D

Just saying.

Just now, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Oh, now we are moving into a totally different realm.

Of COURSE it's okay to use medical marijuana for fish.

I think you unleashed my silly side. ;)  :D

Just saying.

I have been cranky for a few days now, reacting to overwhelm situations both IRL and online.  Silly is not my usual IRL style, but sometimes it feels worth invoking it to balance out the cranky.  

I've decided to adopt "constipated fish" into my pantheon of insults.

"Donald Trump is such a constipated fish."

"The Duggars are hiding Josh like a bunch of constipated fish."

The possibilities are endless.

I've also used "dipthong" as an insult.

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

I wish I were as evolved as you. Just sayin' still gets my goat.

just asserting'

55 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

I was just telling my sister that Ted Cruz looks like a constipated lizard when he attempts to smile like a regular human.

cruz.jpg

4 hours ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Because I just HAVE to throw this out there - as an agriculturalist, I actually have some experience with fish.  So if anyone REALLY needs it, I can be the Degreed Aquaculture Professional . . . . 

Just saying.

Well, I actually have a question :) : can fish really get constipated? I found this link and was just wondering if what it describes is correct. 

ETA: Yes, I googled "constipated fish".... :)

Yes, fish can get constipated.  Happened to an offspring's fish.  Feed the fish peas and takes care of the problem.  I think our fiction writer may have gotten that part right.

2 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

I was just telling my sister that Ted Cruz looks like a constipated lizard when he attempts to smile like a regular human.

cruz.jpg

Run a plumb line down his face.

On second thought...don't.

4 hours ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

"The Duggars are hiding Josh like a bunch of constipated fish."

The possibilities are endless.

I've also used "dipthong" as an insult.

I am sorry, no.  You cannot use diphthong as an insult. It is not PC.  You may, however, use umlaut as in insult. (The symbol is the same, after all.)  :smile:  

Latinos use diphthongs and Germanic types use umlauts.  

I rest my case.

:my_tongue:

7 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I am sorry, no.  You cannot use diphthong as an insult. It is not PC.  You may, however, use umlaut as in insult. (The symbol is the same, after all.)  :smile:  

Latinos use diphthongs and Germanic types use umlauts.  

I rest my case.

:my_tongue:

Don't you get all dipthongy-sentence-diagrammy with me! *shakes fist into air*

22 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

This has been an interesting discussion, and as always I learned more about FJ.Imma search for that anno Domini thread, down the rabbit hole I go!

Hi! I am coming up for air, I indeed went down the rabbit hole and all I can say is WTF! I also read some Tiger Mom Vicka (she who uses no capital letters) posts in the archives. Wow, and I mean that in a bad way.

Interestingly, the 59 page Anno Domini thread (I read every post) was relevant to recent issues. Questions of authenticity (is AD a troll or not a troll) references to AD's internet presence other than FJ, inappropriate use of FJ as a support group, not to mention AD's pathetic neediness, made this thread quite an adventure. There was also an admin post making it clear that FJ is not a support group or mental health hotline, so if someone mentions suicide or self harm they will be shut down. Relevant emergency numbers were included, it was a good notice.

Back to reading!

I know we are sort of off the topic of giving the Duggars gifts. I did send Jill and Derick a few gifts before Izzy was born. I made them a sign that said "The Dillard Family, Established June 21, 2014," some 12-month stickers (which they didn't use, clearly since they had the Pistol Pete ones -_-), and a CD of Baby's First Hymns which I found at Wally World. I don't know why I sent them stuff, but I just wanted to. I did get a postcard from them after he was born, thanking me for my gift.

1 hour ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

Dön't yöü get äll dipthöngy-sentence-diägrämmy with me! *shäkes fist intö äir*

fixed that for you. :dance:

51 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

I know we are sort of off the topic of giving the Duggars gifts. I did send Jill and Derick a few gifts before Izzy was born. I made them a sign that said "The Dillard Family, Established June 21, 2014," some 12-month stickers (which they didn't use, clearly since they had the Pistol Pete ones -_-), and a CD of Baby's First Hymns which I found at Wally World. I don't know why I sent them stuff, but I just wanted to. I did get a postcard from them after he was born, thanking me for my gift.

You dont know why you sent the gifts? I don't get it, but I guess that was nice of you. I just bought a nice stroller as a shower gift for someone I actually know, but would never spend a dime on any Duggar. That's just me.

5 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

cruz.jpg

I think he looks like a constipated, old, evil version of Dobby the House Elf. But that's a huge insult to Dobby.

Archived