IGNORED

Fans Who Send the Duggars Gifts or Make Personal Requests

roddma

Errr, I once almost ran into Stevie Wonder. Literally. I was in a rush and walking fast, not paying much attention. Next thing I know I'm in someone's personal space and had to jump to side to avoid contact. He had a bunch of people to the side and behind him. They all looked at me with "WTF is wrong with you" expressions. 

Oh, and I once ended up in an elevator with Bill Murray. I silently freaked out, excited but not wanting to say anything for fear of making a fool of myself. 

That's it. That's my claim to fame-adjacent. Other than seeing random character actors who names I don't remember on the subway every once in a while. 

Oh, I just remember meeting Jessica Biel. It was at a college party--she went to a different school in the same city--and a friend of a friend introduced us. I hadn't planned on saying anything, but after a few minutes chatting my friend mention having seen her on 7th Heaven. She laughed it off, rolled her eyes, and said something about how stupid the show was. Not in a nasty way, more like sheepish. Since we all hate-watched the show, we couldn't blame her. 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Errr, I once almost ran into Stevie Wonder. Literally. I was in a rush and walking fast, not paying much attention. Next thing I know I'm in someone's personal space and had to jump to side to avoid contact. He had a bunch of people to the side and behind him. They all looked at me with "WTF is wrong with you" expressions. 

Oh, and I once ended up in an elevator with Bill Murray. I silently freaked out, excited but not wanting to say anything for fear of making a fool of myself. 

That's it. That's my claim to fame-adjacent. Other than seeing random character actors who names I don't remember on the subway every once in a while. 

Oh, I just remember meeting Jessica Biel. It was at a college party--she went to a different school in the same city--and a friend of a friend introduced us. I hadn't planned on saying anything, but after a few minutes chatting my friend mention having seen her on 7th Heaven. She laughed it off, rolled her eyes, and said something about how stupid the show was. Not in a nasty way, more like sheepish. Since we all hate-watched the show, we couldn't blame her. 

My roommates and I hate-watched it too. It was when we were in college. It was so, so bad. But not nearly as bad as our other favorite around that time - Passions. Best worst soap opera ever.

1 minute ago, ClaraOswin said:

My roommates and I hate-watched it too. It was when we were in college. It was so, so bad. But not nearly as bad as our other favorite around that time - Passions. Best worst soap opera ever.

Yes it was! And I can't even claim to hate-watch...I straight up loved that acid-trip of a soap. 

I'm gone for a little and this thread has already advanced to five pages! 

When Jingerbread started mentioning her "friend", I didn't like her tone and had a feeling something was off. Just the way she kept poking at the subject but never coming out with any details. Now that I have learned that she was a sock for DGayle, I can breathe knowing her story was probably fake and Leonardo DiCaprio is not a secret jerk.

I know the Preds lol 

Eric Church ran into me at a Titans game once

Marcus Mariota said I was creative 

3 hours ago, lascuba said:

I've heard that Bill Murray is known for doing crazy things to fans. Like eating a bite of someone's burger and saying "Nobody will ever believe you." or walking into a house party and nonchalantly hanging out and doing the dishes. Or joining fans for karaoke for hours. 

in the 80's, walking among the guests around the pool at the resort where i worked, jan michael vincent grabbed me and sucked my toes. i'm pretty sure he still thinks about me......

7 hours ago, lascuba said:

The Seventh Heaven recaps were one of my favorites on TWOP. My youngest loved the show, so I needed snark to help me cope!

Soap opera stars I have met :D 

Melissa reeves DOOL 

Matthew Ashford DOOL 2 x - the first time was great 

Scott reeves DOOL and melissa's husband (Melissa and Scott did an event together)

OMG!!!! I totally forgot a couple! I took Kirstie Alley's order once at a restaurant. And, (this is complicated, follow me here) one of my best friend's grandmother's sister is Brad Pitt's grandma. So yeah. I'm famous.

10 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Micanopy!!! Nobody knows about Micanopy!!!! emoji7.pngemoji7.png

I do!

30 minutes ago, Kailash said:

OMG!!!! I totally forgot a couple! I took Kirstie Alley's order once at a restaurant. And, (this is complicated, follow me here) one of my best friend's grandmother's sister is Brad Pitt's grandma. So yeah. I'm famous.

So your BF is Brad Pitt's second cousin once removed?  In some states that's closely related enough to prohibit marriage!  

Was Kirstie nice?  She comes off like she could either be really cool or a complete bitch.

eta only 1st cousin marriages are prohibited so BF can have at Mr. Pitt in matrimony should they desire.  And 1st cousin marriage?  Far less prohibited than one would think.  Yikes.  And Maine has a real issue with it forbidding even adoptive cousins from marrying.

note to the NSA:  thst embarrassing Google search was for this thread as not to give out misinformation.  I have no intention of ever picking out a China pattern with someone with who, when we talk about our grandparents we are really talking about OUR grandparents.  Westermark effect fully active, ftr.

7 hours ago, griffin said:

in the 80's, walking among the guests around the pool at the resort where i worked, jan michael vincent grabbed me and sucked my toes. i'm pretty sure he still thinks about me......

You win for weirdest!  We need some kind of certificate for this one.

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Was Kirstie nice?  She comes off like she could either be really cool or a complete bitch.

Isn't she a whackjob Scientologist?

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So your BF is Brad Pitt's second cousin once removed?  In some states that's closely related enough to prohibit marriage!  

If you say so on the second cousin once removed. That stuff confuses me!

I'd say Kirstie was nice enough. She didn't strike me as either really cool or a bitch. One of the women that I worked with said that Kirstie didn't tip her well at one of her previous jobs. Having known this person though, it's possible it could have been because she didn't give great service so I just took that with a grain of salt.

11 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Micanopy!!! Nobody knows about Micanopy!!!! emoji7.pngemoji7.png

11 hours ago, Tikobaby said:

I do!  :my_biggrin:

Me too.  Drive through it on occasion. Lol

7 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

I've heard that Bill Murray is known for doing crazy things to fans. Like eating a bite of someone's burger and saying "Nobody will ever believe you." or walking into a house party and nonchalantly hanging out and doing the dishes. Or joining fans for karaoke for hours. 

I've read those stories about him too.  Seems like he doesn't take himself too seriously.

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

eta only 1st cousin marriages are prohibited so BF can have at Mr. Pitt in matrimony should they desire.  And 1st cousin marriage?  Far less prohibited than one would think.  Yikes.  And Maine has a real issue with it forbidding even adoptive cousins from marrying.

note to the NSA:  thst embarrassing Google search was for this thread as not to give out misinformation.  I have no intention of ever picking out a China pattern with someone with who, when we talk about our grandparents we are really talking about OUR grandparents.  Westermark effect fully active, ftr.

You win for weirdest!  We need some kind of certificate for this one.

A couple of years ago, there was a couple in the news. He was an escaped convict, she was his fiancee/first cousin, and they went on the lam. That caught my interest, so I looked into it. In at least half the states, marriage is legal between first cousins as long as the woman is at least 55 years old. 

1 hour ago, Coy Koi said:

Isn't she a whackjob Scientologist?

BFs with John Travolta.

2 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

A couple of years ago, there was a couple in the news. He was an escaped convict, she was his fiancee/first cousin, and they went on the lam. That caught my interest, so I looked into it. In at least half the states, marriage is legal between first cousins as long as the woman is at least 55 years old. 

You got it right that if you count the states that allow marriage between first cousins only if they are infertile/too old to procreate, roughly half the states allow first cousins to marry. But only a few states actually have these restrictions.

First cousin marriage with no restrictions  is legal in 21 states.  It is allowed with restrictions (age, infertility, genetic counseling) in 6 or 7more states. 

Marriage between first cousins once removed is legal in 46 states. (the child of your first cousin is your first cousin once removed/your parent's first cousin is your first cousin once removed)

See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States_by_state and http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/a/cousin.htm

Apparently, no one cares about second cousins (the children of first cousins are second cousins), much less second cousins once removed (the child of your second cousin is your second cousin once removed/the second cousin of your parent is your second cousin once removed.).

FWIW, I assumed the original post about this was ironic.  

17 hours ago, Kailash said:

I was eating in a Clearwater restaurant around 1998 and she was there with her two children who were being obnoxious brats.  It was kind of a semi-fancy place and the kids were yelling and running around.  Customers were shooting looks at her and she did nothing (I know now that Scientologists view their children as little adults, not to be disciplined) and of course it being Clearwater the restaurant did nothing either. 
She should've left a big fat tip, but somehow I doubt she did.
I see her around town once in a while, and she looks like hell most of the time.  People leave her alone. 

I am a lousy star spotter. I never recognize them.

I met Raul Julia at an event. He was lovely.

I also went to school with Matt Dillion who spent his time hanging out at a staircase connecting 2 buildings ; who barked at girls he thought were ugly. Hopefully, he has matured since then.

On 4/16/2016 at 9:40 PM, season of life said:

I'm gone for a little and this thread has already advanced to five pages! 

When Jingerbread started mentioning her "friend", I didn't like her tone and had a feeling something was off. Just the way she kept poking at the subject but never coming out with any details. Now that I have learned that she was a sock for DGayle, I can breathe knowing her story was probably fake and Leonardo DiCaprio is not a secret jerk.

Wait, what?

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Wait, what?

It was revealed on a different thread, I think, the thread about questioning other members. Turns out Jingerbread was just another account for DGayle. The admins figured it out and banned Jingerbread and DGayle (before DGayle wasn't banned because up until that point, she hadn't done anything against the rules).

1 hour ago, season of life said:

It was revealed on a different thread, I think, the thread about questioning other members. Turns out Jingerbread was just another account for DGayle. The admins figured it out and banned Jingerbread and DGayle (before DGayle wasn't banned because up until that point, she hadn't done anything against the rules).

It's a couple of pages back in this thread, too, @refugee

Thank you for the answers! I missed it, but it startled me because I remembered seeing the name on one of the threads I regularly read. (JRod, maybe?)

Archived