IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 3

Boogalou

My 3-year old son used to have long hair but is very hair-sensitive (he doesn't want to brush it or wash it more often than he has to) so I have to trim it once in a while so it doesn't stick to his face when he eats :my_biggrin: I've just cut it so it reaches down to his ears now, it used to reach to his shoulders. Other than that, he can do whatever he wants with it. To me, It's just hair . 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think she did it to try to achieve the j'chelle crunchy curl effect. 

But why baby lotion? She has her own skinned poodle on the top of her head, 8 other daughters who are force to ape her awful hairdo, and a house full of hair products, and she decides it's a good idea to put BABY LOTION in her child's fine, limp hair to make it curly. Michelle, this life choice wasn't as bad as letting your eldest son sexually assault his sisters and then doing essentially jackshit about it for years and then blaming your daughters for their brother's crimes, and it's not as bad as letting your husband design your wedding dress, but it's a pretty bad choice.

9 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

But why baby lotion? She has her own skinned poodle on the top of her head, 8 other daughters who are force to ape her awful hairdo, and a house full of hair products, and she decides it's a good idea to put BABY LOTION in her child's fine, limp hair to make it curly. Michelle, this life choice wasn't as bad as letting your eldest son sexually assault his sisters and then doing essentially jackshit about it for years and then blaming your daughters for their brother's crimes, and it's not as bad as letting your husband design your wedding dress, but it's a pretty bad choice.

Because she wants to keep Josie as her baby FOREVER. So Baby lotion fuels her delusions :pb_lol:

19 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Maybe it makes her smell like a baby.

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Because she wants to keep Josie as her baby FOREVER. So Baby lotion fuels her delusions :pb_lol:

I am often confused about how Josie's first name is so old fashioned yet her middle name is so modern.

My nana was a Josie (Josephine); Jo later in life. Nana was born in 1927 though...

Hair and kids......I found that, as a parent, you have to pick your battles and hair is not one of them. Neither is a clean room, perfect table manners etc. If you bitch about the small stuff (hair, clean rooms etc), then they will not pay attention when you bitch about the important stuff like education, alcohol, drugs, sex etc. It took me awhile to figure that out.

22 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Hair and kids......I found that, as a parent, you have to pick your battles and hair is not one of them. Neither is a clean room, perfect table manners etc. If you bitch about the small stuff (hair, clean rooms etc), then they will not pay attention when you bitch about the important stuff like education, alcohol, drugs, sex etc. It took me awhile to figure that out.

I agree.  Hair will grow back. My daughter did some weird things with her hair for a while. Let their peers make fun of them.

my mom has always favored short hair, and kept mine short until i was about 12.  i always grew it out, but she encouraged me to keep it shorter (as was stylish at the time).  by my early twenties, i insisted on keeping it longer, and it hasn't been higher than my shoulders since.  i also don't buy into the idea that middle-aged women should give up on long hair.  i'm 45 and my hair is currently below the middle of my back.

I was born in 1987, so in my kindergarten pictures, I'm pretty much rocking a bowl cut. Thanks mom and dad.

3 hours ago, catlady said:

my mom has always favored short hair, and kept mine short until i was about 12.  i always grew it out, but she encouraged me to keep it shorter (as was stylish at the time).  by my early twenties, i insisted on keeping it longer, and it hasn't been higher than my shoulders since.  i also don't buy into the idea that middle-aged women should give up on long hair.  i'm 45 and my hair is currently below the middle of my back.

I've never understood this one either. I really like having long hair. I don't plan to get a 'frumpy Hillary Clinton' haircut once my age starts with a 4. 

4 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I've never understood this one either. I really like having long hair. I don't plan to get a 'frumpy Hillary Clinton' haircut once my age starts with a 4. 

Even then, plenty of older women look awesome with long hair. My great-grandma had butt-length hair until she was well into her 80s, and it was gorgeous, especially because she didn't dye it or put toners or rinses into it, so it was thick and shiny and silver. But after she broke her arm (in her 80s), it just became too painful/time-consuming to maintain, so she had to cut it.

I oscillate between bobs and long hair, and right now, I'm in a long hair phase. I'm just past my collarbones, and I think I'm going to let it go a few more inches (think Kate Middleton length) and see how I like it. Once I'm at the length I want, I might try henna dye or blonde highlights (I'm loath to admit it, but Alyssa Webster is kind of my hair and fashion inspiration right now). I would never want butt-length or anything like that (I'm really short, so I'd look like Cousin Itt), but I like the versatility of long hair and not having to make appointments at the salon that often.

11 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I am often confused about how Josie's first name is so old fashioned yet her middle name is so modern.

My nana was a Josie (Josephine); Jo later in life. Nana was born in 1927 though...

I always think of Josie and the Pussycats, which I think would make J'chelle shit if she ever thought about it.

13 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

A (former) friend of a friend got married 2 years ago.  I only met her once, but then (married) her hair was in a chin length bob with bangs.  From the one wedding pic I saw of her, it was long.  So maybe because she's a married woman, she decided to chop her hair?  Maybe she had extensions for the wedding?

It's just like those women chopping their hair after they become moms.

3 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

A (former) friend of a friend got married 2 years ago.  I only met her once, but then (married) her hair was in a chin length bob with bangs.  From the one wedding pic I saw of her, it was long.  So maybe because she's a married woman, she decided to chop her hair?  Maybe she had extensions for the wedding?

It's just like those women chopping their hair after they become moms.

Babies like pulling hair. And most are stronger than they look

My hair has basically been in a ponytail non-stop since I had a child. Partly because of the pulling. And partly just to keep it out of my way. I'd cut my hair super short but I am not daring enough. I've had the same hair "style" my entire life.

My hair is long now.  I really am a low maintenance sort of person and going to get a haircut is a low, low, low priority.  

Long hair for me is easier to manage.  My hair is really curly (but in a wild woman of borneo way, rather than nice curls) so takes a massive amount of blow drying and straightening to wear it down.  At least while it's long I can put it in a ponytail/bun/clip/wear it down.  If it was short, I'd have to do it properly every day.

15 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Babies like pulling hair. And most are stronger than they look

I learned this one the hard way with my brother's baby. I almost always wear my mid-back length hair down, but it is always in a bun on the top of my head when I am with my niece. 

11 hours ago, Apricot said:

Long hair for me is easier to manage.  My hair is really curly (but in a wild woman of borneo way, rather than nice curls) so takes a massive amount of blow drying and straightening to wear it down.  At least while it's long I can put it in a ponytail/bun/clip/wear it down.  If it was short, I'd have to do it properly every day.

I definitely think long hair is easier to deal with.  When my hair was short, I had to wash and blow dry and style it every day.  Now, I can wash it at night (or even every other night) so it dries over night and I can either pull it back or let it be loose in waves the next day.  When I'm feeling fancy, I might even curl it. I haven't used a hair dryer on it in nearly a year, though. I get ansty at the salon while they blow dry it after a root touch up/cut.  It takes forever!

I usually keep my around shoulder length, my hair is super fine (and curly...) so it tends to get really wispy at the ends and doesn't grow much longer. When I was a little girl I desperately wanted super long thick hair (the type of hair that when in a braid or pony tail doesn't make you look bald), I suppose I would still love it, but I've learned to accept that its just never going to happen, haha! 

I have very fine, curly hair. Anywhere between ear and shoulder length is easiest for me because my hair makes perfect ringlets like Shirley Temple. Longer than that, my curls start to fall out and/or get tangled amongst themselves, so once it gets to that point I start straightening it daily (or just throwing it in a ponytail). I love the versatility and femininity of long hair, but I hate the maintenance and wet mop feeling after a shower. So I can never decide what I want.

1 hour ago, missegeno said:

I have very fine, curly hair. Anywhere between ear and shoulder length is easiest for me because my hair makes perfect ringlets like Shirley Temple. Longer than that, my curls start to fall out and/or get tangled amongst themselves, so once it gets to that point I start straightening it daily (or just throwing it in a ponytail). I love the versatility and femininity of long hair, but I hate the maintenance and wet mop feeling after a shower. So I can never decide what I want.

We have similar texture. I really need to get a cut soon because my curls are just so flat and pulled out. They can't take the weight of long hair.

On 4/21/2016 at 6:05 PM, Apricot said:

Ugh yes. I once cut myself a trendy bob thinking it would be low maintain. 

I had to straighten/style it every day to stop it curling up too much. But with long hair, the curls just settle at he bottom, and if I'm feeling particularly lazy, I can always stick it in a bun or ponytail, thankfully messy buns/ponytails are very in style atm.

I was a 60's flower child with long hair. My boyfriend always told me he'd leave me if I cut it. Later, in my 20's I did get it cut in a short bob. A few days later, I told him, "Well, I see it didn't work." He never liked the short look, but I think it suits me better, it frames my face and is in better harmony with my short stature. 

Sierra at least seems able to show real emotion and love towards her kids. She's not been brought up with her feelings and emotions denied and stunted like the Duggars, though. 

I don't really get their connection. Is she a Gothardite? Are they IBLP sheeple? Is she quiverfull? All of the above? Are they ATI/homeschooling? 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived