IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 3

Boogalou

13 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

didn't Jessa say that Sierra doesn't even drink coffee...?

(i love snarky nitpicking :my_angel:)

Yeah but she does, it was in her blog something about how much she likes coffee IIRC. I'm pretty sure Jessa just made that up or was told to say that because it made Sierra somehow so much more admirable.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On April 2, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Swamptribe said:

Ya know, as I read this, Mr. Tribe is in the kitchen doing the dishes.  He cooked dinner as well.  Plus, Mr. Tribe gets ticked off when he hears men referring to 'babysitting' their own children.  As he puts it "it's PARENTING, not babysitting you idiot."

I married well.

My first boss use to say babysitting. 

On 4/2/2016 at 3:57 AM, JillyO said:

I wondered the same thing. It's like her husband couldn't think of more things she likes, so he just got her a bunch of coffee cups that don't even match.

Mark: "Hm, let's see. She likes God, so I'll get her some inspirational crap. Oh, and coffee. She drinks a lot of coffee. I know, I'll get her a coffee cup. Now what else does she like? What does she like... Huh. Can't think of anything else. Whatever. I'll just buy MORE coffee cups."

I have a confession. My BF buys me random coffee cups. But I also love coffee cups. I have three that are shaped like cats. I also wind up with teacups... Cups! I do use all of them, though. And then there winds up being a dishwasher full of nothing but mugs.

Sierra seems to steal the scenes..... the camera loves her....I now would rather see her than a Duggar kid .... :apple: (wish there was a chocolate drizzled strawberry thingy...so I used apple instead)  

4 hours ago, biblelandjunkie said:

Sierra seems to steal the scenes..... the camera loves her....I now would rather see her than a Duggar kid .... :apple: (wish there was a chocolate drizzled strawberry thingy...so I used apple instead)  

Are these our options? Rather one or another?

12 hours ago, Shoobydoo said:

I have a confession. My BF buys me random coffee cups. But I also love coffee cups. I have three that are shaped like cats. I also wind up with teacups... Cups! I do use all of them, though. And then there winds up being a dishwasher full of nothing but mugs.

Meh, you're fine. If you love coffee mugs, I actually think that's really cute.

I just thought it was pretty funny the way Sierra presented them. Like she didn't say "kid A, B and C gave me coffee mugs because I just love coffee mugs," but instead she presented each one like a completely different gift. Which leads me to think her husband couldn't think of anything his kids could give to his wife other than coffee mugs and inspirational God crap. ;)

3 hours ago, Edhelfin said:

Are these our options? Rather one or another?

I'm sure Jill Rodriguez would step up if there was more "pizazz" required!

12 hours ago, biblelandjunkie said:

To me the more she is on camera, the younger and more immature she seems.  When she worked Jill's wedding she seemed like an adult (to me anyway) who was capable of organizing this monster wedding. Then Tuesday she can't even scrape the bowl of a mixer...

4 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

To me the more she is on camera, the younger and more immature she seems.  When she worked Jill's wedding she seemed like an adult (to me anyway) who was capable of organizing this monster wedding. Then Tuesday she can't even scrape the bowl of a mixer...

Remember Kids Say The Darndest Things? It should now be Sierra Says The Darndest Things.

I'm trying to understand why Sierra tips her chin up so damn high during THs.  After years of experience, the Duggars are generally very good about interacting naturally with the camera.  Maybe Sierra does it because of the "rule" of good selfies--take the photo from above.  But the way she positions her face during THs is just so forced.  During "candid" shots, she seems more natural (albeit plagued with those crazy facial expressions).

21 hours ago, biblelandjunkie said:

Sierra? Is that really you? 

4 hours ago, JMO said:

Sierra? Is that really you? 

No....I am not Sierra.  Sierra seems to steal each scene and the camera seems to love her.  She is more interesting to see on TV than the Duggar she was in the scenes with.  Just my observation.  

I like to see Sierra on the show. At least she has some kind of drive and a lot of energy. And I do feel bad for her, with 5 kids 5 and under. If she stopped now at 25 and just took take of the 5 kids+1husband she has she could be really sucessful in a few years with her business. Imagine the youngest being 10, you start to have enough time to think straight again!

On the other hand if she continues she could be the first candidat in that cult to have 20 biological kids. Do we know of any women in that cult who have 20 biological children?

19 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

This kind of goes along with what posters have been saying about the Duggar girls. What do you mean, you can't cook? You were brought up to do little else!

I think making them look dumb is part of TLC's plan. I don't understand why making them look dumb(er) would make them more appealing to watch, but I don't watch them in the first place. Is TLC throwing them under the bus?

1 hour ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

This kind of goes along with what posters have been saying about the Duggar girls. What do you mean, you can't cook? You were brought up to do little else!

I think making them look dumb is part of TLC's plan. I don't understand why making them look dumb(er) would make them more appealing to watch, but I don't watch them in the first place. Is TLC throwing them under the bus?

they are throwing them under the bus, driving it back and forth and sealing it with concrete 

I don't feel sorry for Sierra. She's made her own choices.

What was it she said about having babies = creating a legacy for your husband or something?

Has anyone seen her wedding album on Facebook? There's some nike (only scandalous to Fundies not to normal people) photos there. Are we allowed to snark on this? I wasn't sure on where the line was drawn. :) 

Sierra seems fairly comfortable on camera and to be honest, she might be kind of a fun person.  But there is still something about her that I find unwatchable.  Her interest in the Duggars just feels so self promoting.  I think she definitely wants or hopes to have her connection with them be a springboard for her success as either a breeder or a fundie celebrity. 

But, as much as I can't stand to watch her,  I do think she probably has more of a work ethic than most of the Duggars combined.  She doesn't seem to be lazy and what little we do see of her with her kids, she at least seems to parent them.  Yes,  she is seen without them often on the show, which doesn't bother me.  If this is her choice to limit their exposure, then I applaud her for doing that.  I suspect it is more that TLC doesn't want to have to deal with them, but still on the off chance that Sierra is doing it to protect her kids from too much exposure, then good for her.    Sierra seems brighter to me than the duggar girls.  She thinks circles around them, which isn't saying much I guess, but still true. 

And if she is teaching her kids to speak French, then good for her.  Spanish would seem a better choice, but still good for her for doing that at all.   Her home looks clean, and nice, but not overly decorated, nor does it look like Pinterest threw up on it. 

I think her party planning is kind of a joke, though.  The pink and Blue Flamingos would be her lowest point, but both jill and jessa's weddings had some major faux pas, including not having the balls to speak up to the self centered bride to be that forcing your guests to stand outside  in the parking lot on cold and windy November day and only be fed Ice cream is really not a great idea for a wedding.  The Duggar Girl weddings have both been terrible events with a high degree of insensitivity towards the guests.  A good party planner/wedding planner would steer the bride and groom to better and thoughtful decisions about the wedding. 

3 hours ago, JesusHDuggar said:

Has anyone seen her wedding album on Facebook? There's some nike (only scandalous to Fundies not to normal people) photos there. Are we allowed to snark on this? I wasn't sure on where the line was drawn. :) 

Yes, I've seen them (and so have many others here). She/they seem to have become fundies only after their wedding. I'm not sure exactly what you want to snark on, but I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.

Oh, I wasn't aware it had been previously snarked. I was just making fun of her in my mind and thought I'd see what the community had to say. :P

On 4/2/2016 at 10:34 PM, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Spunky, people I know with bipolar have manic highs and low lows so it's very obvious.

My relative/ One day he's excitedly telling me about his plans to travel around South America & goes out clubbing the next he won't leave his room & stays there for a week. It's not someone who's personality is eager beaver & has lots of energy. 

Depends on the person and how quickly they cycle and how high and low they get. During my mania, I'd be super energetic and happy. I didn't get wild, and that's why it took until I was in my early 30s to diagnose. My family and doctor just assumed it was just me not in an episode of depression (which I was treated for) until my mania kept escalating and my lows got worse. I've learned that bipolar people can seem to sense it in others for whatever reason. Bipolar mania isn't necessarily a hindrance, and there are studies that suggest a connection between creativity and bipolar II. Tbh, sometimes I miss that energy. Just my 2 cents. 

So let's see...as a party planner she makes cookies nobody wants to eat, she is terrible at time management, she spends money in frivolous, wasteful ways, and she ensures that guests will have an uncomfortable experience.  Great!  She sounds fantastic! I can't wait to hire her for my next wedding/jindar announcement/funeral whichever comes next.

I think the cookie making is that other lady...Holly something. Sierra just dips fruit into chocolate.

22 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I think the cookie making is that other lady...Holly something. Sierra just dips fruit into chocolate.

Just dips fruit into chocolate?! You say that as if it's not the most amazing fucking thing in the world.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived