IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 3

Boogalou

Sooo, I'm not well versed in this chick besides seeing her on the show.  Was she not as fundy at one point and got turned?  Or is she just on the fringes but enough for the Duggars to let her in the circle..?

Perusing the wedding pics is what brings the question.....

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Sooo, I'm not well versed in this chick besides seeing her on the show.  Was she not as fundy at one point and got turned?  Or is she just on the fringes but enough for the Duggars to let her in the circle..?

Perusing the wedding pics is what brings the question.....

She was normal. She then met Mark, married him fast, and started popping out babies every 5 minutes. She met the duggars along the way.

19 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

She was normal. She then met Mark, married him fast, and started popping out babies every 5 minutes. She met the duggars along the way.

She had a tattoo and everything! :wow: but then Mark was all like oh so you must literally believe in ancient Egyptian myths since you have a tattoo and shamed her into guilt-marrying him and popping out kids to atone for her past sins of... I guess just getting a dumb tattoo? 

http://dojosdesigns.blogspot.com/2015/11/its-been-month-since-ive-even-sat-down.html?m=1

Sierra recounts how she met Mark. I gotta say, I think she was in a bad spot after dropping out of college and married the first guy she had feelings for. The age difference between them has been discussed in the first thread.

28 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

The way she tells it, Mark basically saved her, right?

Yeah. I actually think their story has all the hallmarks of emotional abuse, but the way she sees it he led her back to the lord from a very dark time in her life. As @season of life mentioned, it seems from her own telling at least that she was in a bad place.

8 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I must have missed the post but how old are Sierra and Mark?   

Sierra is 26 going on 27 this year. I'm not sure about Mark

I got married in 2009. I'm sure it looks nothing like Sierra's. And I didn't go very trendy for my wedding. So it may be hard to guess an exact year.

From JillyO on the first thread: 

"Sierra is 25 years old. She met her husband, Mark, when she was 18, and married him 8 months later, when she was 19, in December of 2008."

Another member said Mark was 24 when he met Sierra. Not a fan of age difference, but I am aware of one woman who married her husband when she was 17 and he was 24. Why does someone that grown up want to marry a girl straight outta high school?

She put a birthday post to her husband on Instagram yesterday. He is 35 now. (And they were apparently hanging out at the Duggar house past midnight on his birthday.)

When it comes to the early to mid '00s why does no one ever bring up the butterfly sleeve???

Like these... 

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

what amazes me always when they post those pictures - they always mention how late it is.  Shouldn't this child be in her own bed.  How late do the Duggars go to bed? I am snarking btw 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

what amazes me always when they post those pictures - they always mention how late it is.  Shouldn't this child be in her own bed.  How late do the Duggars go to bed? I am snarking btw 

Nobody has to get up for school or work.

I do get the impression that every night is a late party at the Duggars with visitors and kids running around at all hours. But, at the same time, fundies try to come off very scheduled and strict so it's a dichotomy for sure. 

17 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I do get the impression that every night is a late party at the Duggars with visitors and kids running around at all hours. But, at the same time, fundies try to come off very scheduled and strict so it's a dichotomy for sure. 

It is indeed such a weird contrast-- stay up till all hours vs. blanket training. Go to bed, in your clothes, on a bare mattress because no one can be bothered to put sheets on the bed. Its like the college dorm experience (none of them will ever have)

50 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

It is indeed such a weird contrast-- stay up till all hours vs. blanket training. Go to bed, in your clothes, on a bare mattress because no one can be bothered to put sheets on the bed. Its like the college dorm experience (none of them will ever have)

Yes, but with a belly full of cheap beer, you can sleep anywhere, how do the fundies do it? LOL

21 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:
When it comes to the early to mid '00s why does no one ever bring up the butterfly sleeve???

Like these... 

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

I miss butterfly sleeves! They were the best but also the most impractical. Doing dishes with them was awful.

2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

i remember when they filmed the birth episode for Israel and he was like delivered at midnight or some weird hour and they were up and running around like it was the most normal thing in the world - granted a kid WAS BEING BORN into Being a savior.  Just weird 

12 hours ago, Geechee Girl said:

@OldFadedStar Butterfly sleeves were a thing? Who is that in the pic?

Yep. That's Britney Spears from Crossroads. I think They were a thing my 6th and 7th grade year so 2001- late 2002

As someone else said...when you don't have traditional jobs or school, you can pretty much have whatever hours you want.

Since I am a stay at home mom and a night owl, my 2 year old stays up later than most. But he also sleeps in later. That's just the way we do it here.

However, I do find the Duggar hours to be a bit odd.

http://www.familytreenow.com/records/people/baird/david/34hqwlm9-lnfnrixkc39wq

It says Sierra was born in 1989 and her brother Dakota is 1 year older. From his FB, it appears he married in 2009. His wife Tiffney graduated high school in 2008, so both Baird siblings married young. Will Laken marry young as well?

On 06/05/2016 at 2:46 AM, NotAnIncubator said:

It would be fundie-sanctioned. Its a woman fulfilling her godly position on her back and the man is riteously fulfilling his desires. All they have to do is moan out scriptures and her conceive from it for it to be kosher. 'Jesus never said it was a sin to record' 

Fundie titles 'his arrow - my quiver'

'Josh Duggar and 100 thrusts to redemption (A JB Duggar production)

'The thin line between sin and win.'

:brainbleach::output_eeMbjt::ENVOUTER::puke-huge::puke-huge::puke-huge:

Christ in Heaven, why?!  WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT??!?

*flees*

On 6/29/2016 at 1:55 PM, nst said:

Can we make "leaving bedtime up to God" a post count?

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived