IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 3

Boogalou

I'm loving the paper plate snark on Sierra's Instagram right now 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this -  Please make sure you recycle the paper plates. You don't have access to reusable dinner ware? That's so sad"

Sierra responded with "Thank you for your concern!" I don't know why she didn't just delete it. I know she's deleted comments in the past. I once commented on one where she was using a car seat wrong and she deleted it.

Of course you have all these leg humpers saying paper plates are must with kids. Um...no. I know plenty of people with children who don't use paper plate for every meal. 

On 6/30/2016 at 7:07 AM, ClaraOswin said:

I love this -  Please make sure you recycle the paper plates. You don't have access to reusable dinner ware? That's so sad"

Sierra responded with "Thank you for your concern!" I don't know why she didn't just delete it. I know she's deleted comments in the past. I once commented on one where she was using a car seat wrong and she deleted it.

Of course you have all these leg humpers saying paper plates are must with kids. Um...no. I know plenty of people with children who don't use paper plate for every meal. 

obviously the poster has no clue that Sierra is trying to emulate the Duggars especially Michelle 

My family uses paper plates for parties, and the leftover plates are saved for when we are too lazy to use actual plates. Fundies wanna talk about being godly homemakers when they're too lazy to use dishes.

On 6/29/2016 at 10:03 AM, missegeno said:

I miss butterfly sleeves! They were the best but also the most impractical. Doing dishes with them was awful.

I LOVED butterfly sleeves. I wasn't that old when they were popular, but damn everyone in middle school thought I was really cool for having long fluttery sleeves. They said I looked like an "old timey" princess. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Can we make "leaving bedtime up to God" a post count?

Please post all requests for post count titles in that thread in the Suggestion Box.  Also please include a link to the post creating the idea.

"Since I am a stay at home mom and a night owl, my 2 year old stays up later than most. But he also sleeps in later. That's just the way we do it here.

However, I do find the Duggar hours to be a bit odd."

I was a night worker and so when my son was little he was up later than most (got some raised eyebrows)--however, when he was old enough to go to school and I didn't home school he got up in the morning, had breakfast, was dressed in clean clothes and went to school.

So I'm sympathetic to night owls who get trashed because their children are up late. In the Duggar case, though, these are children who are up at all hours randomly doing nothing, fall asleep in their clothes (don't have the link but if I remember correctly Anna said one of the things JChelle taught her was that children could sleep in their day clothes) wherever they happen to be when they crash--not in a bed, and if in a bed not necessarily a bed with sheets--

I totally get (and got slammed for) the thing about keeping different hours than the norm, but the Duggars consistently post pics of young children running around their brightly lit house after midnight with tons of random guests around, as well as, at least in the early days, pics of young children dressed in their day clothes sacked out on couches.(Just occurred to me, so no separation of the sexes). 

If your family is truly a night-owl family, and/or if the parents have jobs that demand working at night--reporter, actor, DJ, police officer--then it makes sense to have the children (who don't need to be at school in the morning) up later than most "normal" people would allow.
Having random children run around the house at 2 am and then fall asleep in their day clothes on whatever horizontal surface they can find is different. 

We have one more year on a "whatever we want" schedule. Then our son will start preschool 4 days a week and it starts at 8am. So we'll have to adjust at that time. I'm dreading it.

I do think it's weird that they seem to always have late night guests and parties and whatnot. It's just a strange lifestyle to me (in addition to all the other strange things they do.)

And I think falling asleep on the couch once in a while is okay. But it shouldn't be an every night occurrence at all.

2 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

We have one more year on a "whatever we want" schedule. Then our son will start preschool 4 days a week and it starts at 8am. So we'll have to adjust at that time. I'm dreading it.

I do think it's weird that they seem to always have late night guests and parties and whatnot. It's just a strange lifestyle to me (in addition to all the other strange things they do.)

And I think falling asleep on the couch once in a while is okay. But it shouldn't be an every night occurrence at all.

When my daughter was little, we did th night owl thing until she had to be in pre-school at 8AM.  Like you, I anticipated shifting to an "early to bed, early to rise schedule with dread, but it turned out ok.  

On 6/30/2016 at 3:07 PM, ClaraOswin said:

Her kids have hands and functioning legs. They can load a dishwasher.

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Her kids have hands and functioning legs. They can load a dishwasher.

Or even help wash/dry. I did that when I was a kid, because our dishwasher was worse than useless.

Sierra doesn't have 19 children, she could easily wash dishes for all seven of them, if she put her mind to it. 

Her oldest is how old? My mother had me unload the dishwasher starting around age 6. Kids who are a little bit younger can do flatware and plastic cups, etc. And nearly everyone can be trusted to bring their plate, flatware, and cup to the sink.

8 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Her oldest is how old? My mother had me unload the dishwasher starting around age 6. Kids who are a little bit younger can do flatware and plastic cups, etc. And nearly everyone can be trusted to bring their plate, flatware, and cup to the sink.

It doesn't matter how old the oldest is, what matters is how old her oldest girl is and she isn't ready to empty the dishwasher. Can't be teaching them boys women's work. 

2 minutes ago, Casserole said:

It doesn't matter how old the oldest is, what matters is how old her oldest girl is and she isn't ready to empty the dishwasher. Can't be teaching them boys women's work. 

Shame on me for forgetting the precious jinder roles. I was raised to do a job that needed to be done regardless of whether my sex organs protrude or not because everyone needs to contribute to the household. 

Somehow I just can't see God caring who washes things and who mows the lawn. I would think he would have better to things to think of, what with the Maxwell family vacations and cellphone covers.

Ssssshhhhhhh!!!

If any one of you FJ Snark-ettes dares to tell my DH that washing dishes isn't really one of his manly-man jinder rolez, I will drown you in said dishwater.  

I am interested in Mark's background and upbringing. Sierra has talked about her life on her blog and is pretty accessible on FB, but I want to know how Mark was raised and how he got involved with fundiedom.

2 minutes ago, season of life said:

I am interested in Mark's background and upbringing. Sierra has talked about her life on her blog and is pretty accessible on FB, but I want to know how Mark was raised and how he got involved with fundiedom.

Maybe he was looking for something like many others that get involved with the Fundie lifestyle. 

I haven't followed Sierra very closely so this was my first time hearing anything about how they met. 

To me, tattoos mean what you want them to mean! Sierra got a tat of the eye of Ra because to her it symbolized protection and this guy she hardly knows essentially shames her about it because it doesn't mean what she thinks it means?!?! STFU! That is so far away from a love story it's ridiculous! Sierra needed protection at that point in her life - not judgement! I'm glad she found a way out but it easily could have pushed her further down the path she was on.

If I get a black and white tat of roses because roses mean something to me, just because they are black doesn't mean they are supposed to symbolize death.

21 hours ago, season of life said:

Sierra doesn't have 19 children, she could easily wash dishes for all seven of them, if she put her mind to it. 

she would rather make strawberries and post about it 

22 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

I haven't followed Sierra very closely so this was my first time hearing anything about how they met. 

To me, tattoos mean what you want them to mean! Sierra got a tat of the eye of Ra because to her it symbolized protection and this guy she hardly knows essentially shames her about it because it doesn't mean what she thinks it means?!?! STFU! That is so far away from a love story it's ridiculous! Sierra needed protection at that point in her life - not judgement! I'm glad she found a way out but it easily could have pushed her further down the path she was on.

I totally agree with you but I'm not so sure I would call marrying an emotionally manipulative (at best) man is a "way out". 

I wonder if she had the tattoo removed.

Sierra takes a swipe at Black Lives Matter. Don't you wish you were as GODLY as Sierra?:pb_rollseyes:

"Every Monday, we're going to let people know they MATTER. Sensationalized media outlets will convince you that only certain people groups, organizations, religions, social statuses matter. Respectfully, I renounce that, in Jesus' name. YOU ALL MATTER."

Gross. Does she have to make a post like this every time there's a major BLM event? It serves her right that she has a face the texture of a crouton.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived