IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 3

Boogalou

17 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

It depends on how soon Jinger gets married. Sierra could be baking number 7 by the time Jinger has her first. How do these women not end up with a prolapse uterus? Based on her past, Sierra will be pregnant soon, if not already.

Mark and Sierra need to find a new hobby or discover NFP. 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Mark and Sierra need to find a new hobby or discover NFP. 

Condoms. They need condoms

(A vasectomy would also work)

On 6/18/2016 at 11:11 PM, Coconut Flan said:

It could just be the never recovered abdomen.  She needs a new wardrobe for sure.

And new hair. Her hair in that picture ages her so much. She looks like a 60-year-old church lady from the 1960s. 

On 5/24/2016 at 10:15 PM, EmCatlyn said:

It is really not that complicated. I have fun explaining it.  (If you don't want it explained, skip to the next msg.)

The children of siblings are first cousins to each other.

The children of first cousins are second cousins to each other.

The children of second cousins are third cousins to each other. . . And so on.

The "removes" come between generations.

The child of my first cousin is my first cousin once removed. 

(In the other diection, the first cousin of one of my parents is also my first cousin once removed.)

The child of my second cousin is my second cousin once removed.  And so on.

The child of my first cousin once removed is my first cousin twice removed. And so on.

To put it in Duggar terms,

Amy is first cousin of Jill and Jessa.  She is first cousin once removed to Izzy and Spurge.

Izzy and Spurge are first cousins to each other.  If Amy has a child, he or she would be second cousins to Izzy and Spurge, but first cousins once removed to Jill and Jessa.

23 years from now, when Izzy and his bride have a child and Spurge and his bride have a child, TLC can have a show about the babies called Two Third Cousins and Counting.

(Maybe I will watch it at the nursing home and bore everyone with my explanation of first, second and third cousins.)

Harkening back a month, if anyone still cares, CGP Gray has a useful couple videos on family trees. The first one covers standard relationships such as great grandparents and regular cousins (plus removes), and the second talks about parallel and cross cousins.

On 5/7/2016 at 8:35 PM, Jinder Roles said:

Finally caught up with this thread. Hew!

I've looked at pictures from Sierra's wedding from her fb and it's definitely,...um,  the definition of 'Buy Used, Save the Difference'.

Really guys, at first I thought it just her playing dress-up in some outdated dress she found somewhere. Couldn't believe it was actually a wedding. Based on this, we couldn't expect too much from her wedding planning. 

It looked quite shabby to say the least lol

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:01 AM, Coy Koi said:

Ew, she did? Wtf? I guess I did have a couple people tell me to just put regular lotion in my daughter's hair, now that I think of it, but I never tried it (and I've tried like everything in her hair, but that I did not need to try to realize it wasn't a good idea). My daughter is biracial though, and it's hard to find products that work well for her hair and I've spent a ton of time over the years trying new things and asking around, etc. (it doesn't help that I am naturally terrible at doing hair...but I tried!). Why anyone would even think to put lotion in a white kid's hair is beyond me.

Have you tried Mixed Chicks leave in hair conditioner. My cousin uses it on her kids.

20 hours ago, Jessie E said:

It looked quite shabby to say the least lol

To be fair, it's not like and Mark were rolling in dough when she got married. She did say that she got her dress at a prom dress store and she wanted a low key wedding. Although considering how the Duggar girls re-use decorations and feed their guests junk, perhaps Sierra's shabby wedding skills are deserved.

I am finally looking at her wedding photos. Maybe it's because I've been to a lot of smaller/less formal weddings...but I don't see anything wrong with her wedding.

But what's with the photo of the purple rose drawn on her leg by Mark? Did he do that AFTER the ceremony? Or before? If before...seems scandalous for them.

And how old were they when they got married? Someone commented on a photo about how she looks so grown up. Weird.

I'm not going to snark too much on Sierra's wedding (although their behavior at said wedding looked a little tacky). I'm sure she did her best with a limited budget, and if that's the wedding she wanted when she was younger, well...then that's up to her. 

I also think that while we snark on her current wedding planning skills, it's important to remember that the celebrations we've seen were what the Duggar girls requested (although the screw ups, like the melted ice cream and the lack of heaters were all Sierra and TLC fake drama). I certainly wouldn't want ice cream in a freezing parking lot or a cookie and a root beer float, but the Duggars have different ideas of hospitality than some of us. 

5 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

But what's with the photo of the purple rose drawn on her leg by Mark? Did he do that AFTER the ceremony? Or before? If before...seems scandalous for them.

Yeah, that was weird of Mark because according to Sierra's blog post, he gave her attitude for having a tattoo. But he had no problem drawing something up and personal on her leg? 

9 hours ago, season of life said:

Yeah, that was weird of Mark because according to Sierra's blog post, he gave her attitude for having a tattoo. But he had no problem drawing something up and personal on her leg? 

A hypocritical fundie with impossible and ever-shifting standards that change just to suit his needs? Oh my stars, I never would have guessed!

But yeah for real I thought that was weird. I mean innocuous enough to the secular crowd, and I get the impression they got fundie-er as time went on, but still. I guess maybe they got convicted about not seeing sinful, sinful thigh after marriage?

2 hours ago, habert said:

god Mark looks so young here

also I don't see the purple flower on the leg??

2181_122175480105_4455_n.jpg

Which one is Mark? And the girl doesn't look like Sierra, at least not to me. And it really doesn't look like a wedding dress? I know she went to the prom store, but I would think she would find a white prom dress to wear for her wedding.

3 hours ago, habert said:

god Mark looks so young here

also I don't see the purple flower on the leg??

2181_122175480105_4455_n.jpg

That is Sierra's younger sister and older brother with Mark, so the purple rose wouldn't be there haha. I think the younger sister's name is Laken?

Here is the picture in question, where you can see both Sierra's wedding dress and the purple rose. She was 19 then.

46 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Here is the picture in question, where you can see both Sierra's wedding dress and the purple rose. She was 19 then.

NIKE!!!111!!!! DEFRAUDING KNEES!!!1!!!!1! WHERE ARE THE SLEEVES?!11!!!!

:laughing-jumpingpurple:

yeah I knew that girl wasn't sierra I meant out of all the pics, but thanks for putting that one up here because that IS quite risque!!

and a garter!

God, all of those pictures just scream 2005-2007. I know that it was 2009, but I'm getting some awful flashbacks to high school fashion. Every boy in my high school looked like Mark. Every girl wore the dress Sierra's sister is wearing (or a variation thereof) to school dances. The floppy jersey cardigan with light-wash jeans was The Look.

That's for sure the tackiest wedding i've ever seen. And that one is from 2009? It looks straight out of 2005

Nothing to do with the discussion, but since I'm too young to remember 2005 well, what marks the difference between 2005 and 2009 fashion? Does 2005 have uglier trends?

2005 definitely had uglier trends than 2009. The years that I was in college, 2001-2005, had terrible trends. I look back at those pictures and cringe. I'm not going to lie, I wore Uggs with denim mini skirts and I thought I looked adorable doing so. Also low rise jeans and baby tees galore. There was also a bit of an eighties trend revival and I had some off the shoulder Flashdance type tops that I'd wear out. Of course, the same time I was wearing those horrible styles the Duggar girls were clothed in frumpers, so it could have been worse.

6 hours ago, season of life said:

Nothing to do with the discussion, but since I'm too young to remember 2005 well, what marks the difference between 2005 and 2009 fashion? Does 2005 have uglier trends?

To me, there aren't too many differences but that's because I've never been trendy. I just wear what I like. So I am currently wearing the same type of clothes I wore in 2005 and 2009, for the most part. :)

I think it also depends on your age.

Note to self - Never show FJites photos from my 2006 wedding because I'm sure it's straight out of 2002. Haha!

Thanks, you guys. After seeing that Buzzfeed post, I can remember how popular Uggs were and a few other staples.

I got married 3 weeks ago and am so in love with our wedding pictures. They will be seen as so 2016 someday. :pb_lol:

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived