IGNORED

Jana Duggar: Courting or hype?

Kelsey

11 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I wanna say it was shortly after Jessa started courting Bin. I'm pretty sure the girl from Tumblr saved the pic since that's what she does :) I really wish I could remember the episode.

Not trying to be rude or a jerk, but are you sure? When did they start courting, 2013/2014? Surely there must be articles about the episode and/or the photo. Or was it all speculation? I thought it was stated somewhere that she never made it to the courting phase with anyone. The only thing that comes to mind is that she turned down Zach but who knows what year that was. Time for some investigation.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was this Tumblr that had originally posted it. http://duggars.tumblr.com/

Someone else discussed it here in May of 14. 

Kira

There's More Children Where Those Came From

Members

1,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 · Report post

Apparently the duggar tumblr posted a photo of Jana and her rumored suitor. They were asked to take it down. Did anyone see it?

ETA: Is it the photo that was discussed here?

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/19766-jonathan-steiger-jana-jinger-or-bates-girl/

9 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Not trying to be rude or a jerk, but are you sure? When did they start courting, 2013/2014? Surely there must be articles about the episode and/or the photo. Or was it all speculation? I thought it was stated somewhere that she never made it to the courting phase with anyone. The only thing that comes to mind is that she turned down Zach but who knows what year that was. Time for some investigation.

I know for sure that the girl at Duggar Tumblr had a pic of Jana with a guy and was asked to take it down.....or at least she said that. I did not see the picture.

14 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

It was this Tumblr that had originally posted it. http://duggars.tumblr.com/

Someone else discussed it here in May of 14. 

Kira

There's More Children Where Those Came From

Members

1,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 · Report post

Apparently the duggar tumblr posted a photo of Jana and her rumored suitor. They were asked to take it down. Did anyone see it?

ETA: Is it the photo that was discussed here?

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/19766-jonathan-steiger-jana-jinger-or-bates-girl/

I know for sure that the girl at Duggar Tumblr had a pic of Jana with a guy and was asked to take it down.....or at least she said that. I did not see the picture.

Oh OK I remember once looking at this conversation from 2014. But I'm a little confused since people were saying that it could be Jinger, Jana, or a Bates girl. What's also really strange is that there are no articles, like from inquisitor, discussing this (at least I don't think so). The photo must have been taken down in a flash then. I know that the Duggar Tumblr is basically a fan page, but I wonder how they got the photo.

2 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Could have been the pre-courtship "getting to know you"/special friend phase. They don't usually make it public til the official ask.

12108746_886216168143860_300982465680987620_n.jpg

Did anyone see this pic with Jana and Johnathan sitting next to each other and Josiah and some other girl that I don't know. Is this a big deal?

17 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Did anyone see this pic with Jana and Johnathan sitting next to each other and Josiah and some other girl that I don't know. Is this a big deal?

That's Tabitha Paine, I think. How recent is the picture?

29 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

I don't know how old this picture is, but if there was a courtship between Jana and Jonathan, it's most likely James would have been placed between the two of them. Because courtship ROCKS!

Same probably goes for Josiah and Tabitha Paine.

12 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

I can't remember that boy's name... But I think he's friends with the bates and goes to a fundie college... Anyone else remember?

2 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I don't know how old this picture is, but if there was a courtship between Jana and Jonathan, it's most likely James would have been placed between the two of them. Because courtship ROCKS!

Isn't Tabitha like almost 30? I'm pretty sure she's older than Jana. How old is Jonathan? I know that his siblings are close to the Duggars. 

Just now, Ofglen said:

I can't remember that boy's name... But I think he's friends with the bates and goes to a fundie college... Anyone else remember?

Jonathan Hartono. His sister Jennifer Hartono was a bridesmaid for Jessa.

Jennifer just got a master's degree from an ultra-fundie college in Florida, I believe. I want to say Pensacola Christian College. She probably paid a lot of money for a degree that will do a lot of nothing outside of fundie circles.

I feel like the Duggars would frown (at the very least) on any of the "kids" being in a relationship with a non-white individual. 

Thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I feel like the Duggars would frown (at the very least) on any of the "kids" being in a relationship with a non-white individual. 

Thoughts? 

I see them being superficial enough to be okay with it if the person looks assimilated enough and doesn't speak or present as too "ethnic" (one of my least favorite terms for people of color, but one I believe they'd use unironically).

7 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

I see them being superficial enough to be okay with it if the person looks assimilated enough and doesn't speak or present as too "ethnic" (one of my least favorite terms for people of color, but one I believe they'd use unironically).

*vomits* you're probably right. Ugh. 

19 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Jennifer just got a master's degree from an ultra-fundie college in Florida, I believe. I want to say Pensacola Christian College. She probably paid a lot of money for a degree that will do a lot of nothing outside of fundie circles.

It was PCC, degree in "Bible Exhibition".

14 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Thoughts? 

I don't think they would ever say it in those terms, because love all our brothers and sisters in Christ. I think they would just be subtly conditioned not to "feel the Lord is leading them in that direction" or something like that.

21 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Jonathan went back to Indonesia to live.

19 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Thoughts? 

Not going to happen. Which is kind of odd because why not give it a shot if they have the same beliefs? The way the Duggars look at other cultures, I'm sure they would aim for their own race.

So I wonder who's the person beside Josiah on the other side, hiding behind Jana? Speculation?

1 hour ago, sophie10130 said:

Was this on the Duggar's fb or something. Do you know where it was first posted? Jana really looks like Candace Cameron in this picture. 

31 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

So I wonder who's the person beside Josiah on the other side, hiding behind Jana? Speculation?

A random howler

5 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

Thoughts? 

Wasn't Josiah's girlfriend hispanic or something?

4 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Was this on the Duggar's fb or something. Do you know where it was first posted? Jana really looks like Candace Cameron in this picture. 

5 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

5 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

I think it was posted on Pickles on the 22nd? The picture could be older, obviously. It's in the same album as Jana's individual promo pics and Michelle with Jenni going to the dentist.

But why can she sit next to a dude (and Josiah next to a girl) even when they aren't courting? I don't understand the rules!

6 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Oh! Guatemalan, I think? Good point. It also didn't work out, but yeah... She wasn't Caucasian. 

Off topic but I found the first comment to be too hilarious to not share. It's from the Pickles and Hairspray Facebook. JD is clearly looking downward at something:

pic.PNG

7 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Marjorie's mother is from Guatemala, so she is 1/2 Latino.

10 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Off topic but I found the first comment to be too hilarious to not share. It's from the Pickles and Hairspray Facebook. JD is clearly looking downward at something:

pic.PNG

To be fair, she is wearing Nike shorts so he's just following his instructions!

17 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Josiah and Tabitha- I'm sure are a no-go.

Jana and Johnathan- maybe. She does seem to be acting differently lately. But of course, it could be the editing. 

Jana's facial expression reminds me too much of Jessa.

Archived