IGNORED

Jonathan Steiger + Jana, Jinger or Bates girl?

isarhenne

I thought it would be a good idea to open a new topic for the rumor of Jonathan Steiger being "special friends" with either Jana, Jinger or possibly a Bates girl.

bates-family-photos.tumblr.com/post/84367540969/jonathan-steiger-article

God please let it be Jana! I worry about her becoming a Sarah Maxwell.

I hope if he is courting a Duggar girl, it is Jana. I think Jinger is too young to marry.

The Bates need a rest from matrimony. Jana needs her turn in the spotlight.

He is kind of scrawny looking, isn't he? Do none of these fundie boys engage in sports and physical fitness?

He is just a friend of the family. If I were to choose, I would want him to be with Jinger because it looks like he would live in a city.

I hope if he is courting a Duggar girl, it is Jana. I think Jinger is too young to marry.

alyssa bates is 19 and getting married (or is she already married?). Jinger is 20. in their world it's not young unfortunately :( . Michelle was 17...

Isn't he much younger than jana, around 21 or so?

alyssa bates is 19 and getting married (or is she already married?). Jinger is 20. in their world it's not young unfortunately :( . Michelle was 17...

Isn't he much younger than jana, around 21 or so?

Jana is only 24.

So that photo is from May 2010? He ought to be 21 or 22 now. He's younger than Jana, but there may be less of an age difference than there is between Jessa and Ben. I kind of see Jana with a guy who is a little older and more mature. Good age for Jinger, though. At least Jonathan is being allowed to go to college. That does not seem to be the norm for those in the ATI circle. I want Jana to find a great non-ATI guy and have however many (planned) children SHE wants.

I wanted to ship Jana to skylar but in the interest of her not becoming Sarah maxwell I guess he will do lol.

Actually, there was a follow up article about him by the same news source in 2013 when he eventually got his degree from the University of Arkansas. That would make him a 2012 (undergrad) college graduate and now it's 2014... I'd peg him right about at 24. Perfect for Jana!! And college educated. I hope this is real

For some reason I thought he started college before 18?

He seems like he could be smarter then Jim Bob. Jim Bob knows the basics, I buy a car for $1500 at the auto auction and have JD put new tires on it and Joseph wash it and sell it for $2500.

Jonathan I get the feeling reads the wall street journal and understands the stock market, investing, market trends (globally not just Arkansas) and could carry on a conversation without coming across as a parrot or buffon like Jim Bob.

Would Jim Bob find this boy a catch for his daughter or would he not want someone smarter then him around?

It would have to be Jana. I just can't imagine Jinger picking someone that has such a serious, math nerd side to him. Who knows I would have never guessed a Ben could have snuck his way in.

I think Josh, Anna, and the Duggar family account follow a few people with the last name Steiger on Instagram. I don't see Jana with a younger guy. I'm surprised Jessa is with a younger guy (but I don't see that courtship ending up in an engagement, so..)

Apparently the duggar tumblr posted a photo of Jana and her rumored suitor. They were asked to take it down. Did anyone see it?

ETA: Is it the photo that was discussed here?

Apparently the duggar tumblr posted a photo of Jana and her rumored suitor. They were asked to take it down. Did anyone see it?

ETA: Is it the photo that was discussed here?

What photo is it?? Curiosity is torturing me!!

Are we talking about this guy on LinkedIn?--

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?i ... %3Aprimary

PS If you can't get the link to work, just Google "Jonathan Steiger Arkansas" and it will come up.

He graduated from U of Arkansas in 2013. Interestingly, he left a Walmart headquarters job right before Derick arrived.

Are we talking about this guy on LinkedIn?--

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?i ... %3Aprimary

PS If you can't get the link to work, just Google "Jonathan Steiger Arkansas" and it will come up.

He graduated from U of Arkansas in 2013. Interestingly, he left a Walmart headquarters job right before Derick arrived.

Good lord! I just clicked on the LinkedIn link and see that this dude is connected to me through one person (an ex-boyfriend). Off to email the ex to see if he can dish any dirt!

Me too crassy! I'm linked to him through a cousin.

He looks normal. Grab him and run Jana!

He has a public Twitter and Facebook account, but no Duggars or Bateses on his friends list.

I kinda hope Jana doesn't court until after the show is over. She seems shy and sweet and doesn't like the cameras around.

He has a public Twitter and Facebook account, but no Duggars or Bateses on his friends list.

I did see some other mutual friends of the Duggars on his friends list (just people I know personally, probably not anyone recognizable), but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

• 2 months later...

i read on the duggar homepage in the comments that anna is pregnant again and due in september and Jinger has been courting johnathan steiger since may.

do you guys have any other sources which confirm this?

These are old rumors. When were the comments you saw posted? Anna doesn't look 7 months pregnant in recent photos. I don't know what's going on with Jonathan Steiger. The new rumour is that Jinger is courting Cooper Dauer. Maybe we'll know about any new courtships and pregnancies before the season starts in September.

These are old rumors. When were the comments you saw posted? Anna doesn't look 7 months pregnant in recent photos. I don't know what's going on with Jonathan Steiger. The new rumour is that Jinger is courting Cooper Dauer. Maybe we'll know about any new courtships and pregnancies before the season starts in September.

You're right, sorry, I did'nt look at the date. The rumor is from almost 3 months ago.

Anyway, I do think that Anna is pregant with number 4, maybe not that far along.

I don't know if I can say that so directly ???, but I would be kind of shocked if Jinger really started courting. First because of Jana. It's emberassing when the whole world feels sorry for you, even if she doesn't want to start courting yet which is totally possible. Maybe the Duggars are "mirroring" the Bates (Erin, the second daughter got married first, then Alyssa , the third, and now its Michael's turn, the first daughter), so for the duggars that would be: Jill first, Jessa second and Jana third to be married :-).

Second because I can't get rid of the feeling that Jinger is, sorry if I have to say it like that, a "rainbow princess"! :? If that is true, then I don't want to imagine what it feels like to be "forced" into a marriage with a man, horrible. It just seems that Jinger's got her soul crushed, her eyes are sad and panicky looking, she is super quiet in interviews and looks like a dog that has been beaten too much.

So, my predictions for the next season are:

Anna pregnant with number 4 (with a girl)

Jill's wedding, of course

Jana's surprise engagement

and hopefully: Jinger going to college

after the season ending: pregnancy announcement of Jill (twins)

Archived