IGNORED

Jana Duggar: Courting or hype?

Kelsey

2 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

How high are the heels on Amy's boots though? 

Yeah good question, but even then Jana in the picture looks a little shorter than Amy.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice try at rehabilitating your image Duggars: http://www.people.com/article/jana-duggar-sets-record-straight-jill-jessa-counting-on

The problem here is that the only other thing Jana can mention doing is more projects for her family, nothing that would signify in any way that she's being allowed to life her OWN life, pursue her own interests and be something other than her family's slave. 

I'll believe Jana actually does something other than take care of JimBob & Michelle's house and children when she actually gets to have a job and life of her own, away from the compound. 

7 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Nice try at rehabilitating your image Duggars: http://www.people.com/article/jana-duggar-sets-record-straight-jill-jessa-counting-on

The problem here is that the only other thing Jana can mention doing is more projects for her family, nothing that would signify in any way that she's being allowed to life her OWN life, pursue her own interests and be something other than her family's slave. 

I'll believe Jana actually does something other than take care of JimBob & Michelle's house and children when she actually gets to have a job and life of her own, away from the compound. 

No, she doesn't only cook and take care of babies.  She also sews wedding clothes for wedding parties with 20 people,  she builds tree houses, she cleans, she chaperones the dates her adults sisters went on, she takes care of children, she is Holy Keeper of the Mail/Internet and she calls EMS when her ex-micropremie sister starts seizing and her parents are out of state.  

Looking at the list of stuff Jana does, it makes me wonder how much "encouragement" from the Lord (via his self-appointed mouthpiece, JimBob) she's getting to not court. It appears as if that house would fall apart if Jana left

that read like "nah uh! i do things besides cook and nanny! i do...things! so there".  no specific examples. NO indication that she does anything not for her family.  Yes, she's helping her sister change a light. Her younger sister. Who should probably learn to do this herself, or hire someone. So basically, still taking care of her younger siblings.

And @RoseWilder I agree. They can't afford to lose her at home. She's too central in the running of things, she's made herself irreplaceable.  Michelle has to be scared of her leaving, knowing she can't handle it all.  Michelle is almost 50 and no longer has the energy of a twenty something- which she'll need to run that house by herself.

The People comments were mostly negative except for one who said the Duggars run Arkansas, and we should wait 20 years when there will be hundreds of them and we will be kissing their ass when they run for president. Now that is a really disturbing thought.:annoyed: 

Again, it's interesting to me that in the name of trying to appear "normal" on this show, these "kids" seem to be coming face-to-face with just how not normal they are. And I don't mean "not normal" as in "have a billion siblings." I mean not normal as in have no independent lives, jobs, interests or (many) skills. In compiling a list of your "outside the home life" interests to prove people wrong, don't you at some point have to acknowledge that you have no "outside the home life"? Ditto for describing your "job" and "hobbies." 

I wonder if Jana will be building the tree house in a long skirt and flip flops. I remember on a mission trip they said they could do anything in skirts and flip flops.

59 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Not working is it :my_biggrin: Poor CinderJana. Trouble is, she's too capable. They have to keep her busy so she doesn't tunnel out and escape across the border into Heathenville :kitty-wink: 

Channelling the Great Escape, I'm now imagining the kids forming escape committees whilst Jana is making defrauding outfits out of bed linen and Jinger is forging GEDs.

Just now, CoveredInBees said:

They have to keep her busy so she doesn't tunnel out and escape across the border into Heathenville :kitty-wink: 

Now all I can think about it that part of Monster, Inc. where Mike saying, "Using mostly spoons. . . "

2 hours ago, JMO said:

No, she doesn't only cook and take care of babies.  She also sews wedding clothes for wedding parties with 20 people,  she builds tree houses, she cleans, she chaperones the dates her adults sisters went on, she takes care of children, she is Holy Keeper of the Mail/Internet and she calls EMS when her ex-micropremie sister starts seizing and her parents are out of state.  

When you list her skill set like that, she sounds like Barbie!

So...Jana doesn't just take car of her siblings....and they prove this by talking about how she is doing projects for her siblings? That's some strange logic.

4 hours ago, JMO said:

No worries, it was just Josie's "glitch" glitching again. 

There was a video posted today, and the producer asked where Jana thought she'd be in 5 years...

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/jill-jessa-counting-on/jana-in-five-years/

It's amazing that she's not able to answer it. Even the standard line of be married with kiddos, she just hemmed and hawed. But when the producer said "Its not like there havent been interested suitors"..you can tell its not the easiest subject for her to talk about

4 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

There was a video posted today, and the producer asked where Jana thought she'd be in 5 years...

It's amazing that she's not able to answer it. Even the standard line of be married with kiddos, she just hemmed and hawed. But when the producer said "Its not like there havent been interested suitors"..you can tell its not the easiest subject for her to talk about

Wow. maybe that was all faked. But it looked like the producer hit a real raw nerve there with her.  she really looked like she felt like crying. Then sucked it up to say "content with where god has me" - her trained line from early in life. She's about the right age for a quarter life crisis too.

Heh, that "Surprise!" was such an obvious "Fuck you for thinking you know anything about me just because my family is on tv and we advertise ourselves as being open books in order to save your heathen asses!" Come on, Jana. Let that inner non-sweet person out.

40 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

I'm not surprised she couldn't answer that question. I feel bad because she does seem a bit lost. And like she's just going through the motions or something. Kind of sad.

And I never noticed how much of an accent she has until now. It's not as thick as Joy's accent but it's definitely there.

My God, after watching Jana answer that question about where she sees herself in five years, it made me realize how we are LIGHT YEARS apart. She's 26. I'm 28. If I had been asked that question, I could have given sooooo many answers. She completely fumbled with hers because she can't come out and say, "My only option is to get married." If somebody was to ask me the same five year question right now, I could say, "I want to enjoy being a newlywed for a few years and then try for kids," "I want to advance my career by going into this job field," "I want to leave my small town and move to this bigger city," "I could go for a master's degree" and "My husband and I want to own a house someday." Those are the first few things I thought in about a minute. For Jana, even saying one thing, the struggle was real. Thank God for my middle-class parents who raised me to be an independent thinker and valued education.

Keep being PICKY AS HELL Jana! Don't settle for the next boob your dad has for you!

It is interesting though, because she knows that maybe the next 5 years could be a real era of change for her. She wants to be married and have kids because it's expected of her and she sees her younger sisters pass her by making those milestones. And that can be hard. But she also is open to being single until she finds the right dude. 

I think if you were to ask Jill 5 years ago where she thought she would be in 5 years she would say hopefully married with a kid IF GOD ALLOWS. I could be wrong though. But it's sort of telling that Jana didn't say that. 

But also maybe this is all just TLC stirring up interest and maybe she is going to start courtin soon and this is all hype to make us confused.

As I am 22, in 5 years i would hope possibly to have a boyfriend/fiance/husband?, have a nice full time job that provides health insurance lol, have an apartment or renting a home, etc.

It is sad to me that the only thing said in hers is to be married. 

On 20/3/2016 at 10:29 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I haven't seen that one of Mac in shorts.

The only ones I can think of are Jessa and Joy....

2A3BC2F100000578-0-image-a-1_14360387447

joy-anna-duggar-posing-with-a-gun.png

That picture of Joy. .. What the fuck? Why no one is talking about it?

34 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

My God, after watching Jana answer that question about where she sees herself in five years, it made me realize how we are LIGHT YEARS apart. She's 26. I'm 28. If I had been asked that question, I could have given sooooo many answers. She completely fumbled with hers because she can't come out and say, "My only option is to get married." If somebody was to ask me the same five year question right now, I could say, "I want to enjoy being a newlywed for a few years and then try for kids," "I want to advance my career by going into this job field," "I want to leave my small town and move to this bigger city," "I could go for a master's degree" and "My husband and I want to own a house someday." Those are the first few things I thought in about a minute. For Jana, even saying one thing, the struggle was real. Thank God for my middle-class parents who raised me to be an independent thinker and valued education.

Meanwhile, over in Raptor Land - ours would be carry a pregnancy to term or (if that doesn't happen) start collecting dogs... And eventually have so many that people start avoiding us on the sidewalk when we go places. It'll be phenomenal. Simple dreams. :pb_lol:

But seriously - Jana, sweetie, you know what sort of questions you're going to be constantly asked at this point. All of them are going to be about your future plans, any courtship prospects, marriage, having crumb snatchers, etc. You may as well just come up with a token answer now to make it easier to handle when you're asked. You know, something simple like:

- "Married with a precious blessing or two. If God allows."

- "Well, like, I hope to be courting someone special soon. If God allows."

- "Well, God laid it on my heart to, like, convert some of the heathens in town. So I'm going to be handing out, like, a ton of tracts outside the Walmart. That'll probably keep me busy for, like, a couple hours a week."

- "I was going to wait to say anything.... But I'm actually courting Chad Paine's evil twin brother, Brad. He's evil because he's got, like, that curly type mustache all them villains got in the old time Hollywood movies I watch at Jessa's house. But he looks just like Chad otherwise. And he tells me I am a concert pianist - no matter what anyone else says." 

- "I'd love to rip your head off, grow fifty feet tall, and destroy some small villages while breathing fire for asking me that fucking question again... If God allows. <insert absentmindedly sweet smile here>"

I'll just be quietly sitting here with my fingers crossed for one of those answers. Any guesses which one?! :pb_lol:

Archived