IGNORED

Jana Duggar: Courting or hype?

Kelsey

This makes me think that all that 'side-hug, no touchie' stuff is just for the TLC cameras. Jana & Josiah are bumping thighs w/ a member of the opposite sex. This was a selfie that prob. was never meant to get on the internet.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

To be fair, she is wearing Nike shorts so he's just following his instructions!

Josiah and Tabitha- I'm sure are a no-go.

Jana and Johnathan- maybe. She does seem to be acting differently lately. But of course, it could be the editing. 

Jana's facial expression reminds me too much of Jessa.

Ok he looks like the guy that got killed on the latest episode of The Walking Dead

58 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

Ok he looks like the guy that got killed on the latest episode of The Walking Dead

Who? I can't remember the most recent episode at all.

8 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

The Asian guy with the Southern accent that Carol killed? Ha, I only remembered that because he reminded me of my husband.

7 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

This makes me think that all that 'side-hug, no touchie' stuff is just for the TLC cameras. Jana & Josiah are bumping thighs w/ a member of the opposite sex. This was a selfie that prob. was never meant to get on the internet.

I'm just happy TLC isn't asking us to share pictures of our sidehugs on Instagram and Twitter anymore. Remember how 19KAC was in its zenith during the final season and that was a huge PR/Marketing campaign by TLC? Glad that's gone.

8 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

It's definitely not just for the cameras, the Duggars are deep in fundieland and fundies take even the slightest hint of male-female touching very seriously. This absolutely never would have happened back in the frumper days.I would actually bet this photo was staged or encouraged to be spread by TLC to prove how they're totally just normal kids, see they make silly faces at cameras and even deign to sit next to members of a different gender! I would say without the cameras, this would never have been allowed. This is probably risque in fundie circles. Not necessarily the more "worldly" fundies (so the Duggars and the Bates, maybe a few others here and there) but the average fundie. And the Duggars would be a pretty average fundie family if not for the liberalizing influence of their show (its sad that for fundies the Duggars have "liberalized"), albeit they would be ATI royalty for their ability to churn out a kid every 9 months on the dot.

16 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

It's definitely not just for the cameras, the Duggars are deep in fundieland and fundies take even the slightest hint of male-female touching very seriously. This absolutely never would have happened back in the frumper days.I would actually bet this photo was staged or encouraged to be spread by TLC to prove how they're totally just normal kids, see they make silly faces at cameras and even deign to sit next to members of a different gender! I would say without the cameras, this would never have been allowed. This is probably risque in fundie circles. Not necessarily the more "worldly" fundies (so the Duggars and the Bates, maybe a few others here and there) but the average fundie. And the Duggars would be a pretty average fundie family if not for the liberalizing influence of their show (its sad that for fundies the Duggars have "liberalized"), albeit they would be ATI royalty for their ability to churn out a kid every 9 months on the dot.

Not really. I would say 99% of the fundies we follow take these kinds of photos and sit next to members of the opposite sex. I don't think it's a staged photo. This isn't the first time the Duggar kids have taken silly selfies and sat next to a member of the sex 

1 hour ago, Kira said:

Not really. I would say 99% of the fundies we follow take these kinds of photos and sit next to members of the opposite sex. I don't think it's a staged photo. This isn't the first time the Duggar kids have taken silly selfies and sat next to a member of the sex 

It varies by fundie doesn't it? Though you are right, I may have overstated it. Perhaps risque isn't the right word, but I guess more that this is the outside edge of physical contact with the opposite gender that would be allowed. I just definitely don't see it as proof that their "no touching" stuff is just for the cameras, I think it is the opposite. The cameras probably made them more comfortable with that stuff because of the pressure to be more "normal" that they've encountered recently.

11 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

11 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

The Asian guy with the Southern accent that Carol killed? Ha, I only remembered that because he reminded me of my husband.

Yep, that's the one.

3 hours ago, Kira said:

Agreed. From what I've seen, their mindset is that these are NOT rules, these are convictions. It perhaps would be simpler if they were rules, but they're not. Convictions change from place and place, and are more contextual. Too little "conviction" and someone more "godly" could one-up you and your family. Too much and you could be branded legalistic. Legalistic Christians can also probably argue from sunup to sundown that they are not legalistic, just trying to be godly and devout.

And people aren't tolerant. Imagine each fundie has an imaginary line on the place of fundiedom. If you have more convictions than them, you're legalistic. If you have less convictions, you're worldly. Where they are, with their convictions, is neither.

(I'm speaking in general)

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:06 PM, AnnaRuk09 said:

Was this on the Duggar's fb or something. Do you know where it was first posted? Jana really looks like Candace Cameron in this picture. 

It was posted on Jonathan Hartono's instagram (which is open)  on 16th March but was saying how he missed his 19 siblings & Jessa commented that they miss him too so I would say it's a definitely an old photograph.

Untitled.png

Have the Hartono's been discussed at length anywhere? While I was looking at his Instagram I saw he watches Star Wars and listens to mainstream music.

Archived