IGNORED

Lori Alexander never learning since 2011 - part 6

14 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I think it is neglect! Unless the child has delays, they should be pretty solid readers by 9. That's so sad. 

I agree.  If she had a child with delays I could understand, but she said "most of our children", which actually has me wondering if some of them aren't even reading by 9.  She also didn't put any qualifiers that would explain why she didn't teach them earlier.  A parent who struggles with reading is not a valid reason to have an illiterate 8 year old.  It's like he said "don't push them" and she heard "don't bother".  

Signed-

My biological father is completely illiterate.  If I was in his life, my mission would be to teach him to read and write. I am disgusted that no one intervened when he was a child.  

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My eight year old nephew is a voracious reader and loves anything connected to history, geography or science. He has absolutely no interest in fiction but devours anything factual. He gets a lot of enjoyment from reading but I have to say, it's not even a tiny fraction of the joy I get from the crazy chats we end up having as a result!! He ponders on the stuff he reads and likes to talk it all out and in his childish innocence is absolutely HILARIOUS!

Which is a very long winded way of saying that the thought of him not being able to read makes me very sad. Disproportionately sad. I understand that other countries and cultures leave reading till a little later, but can I just say that one particular eight year old who can read is the delight of my heart!

:my_heart::my_heart::my_heart:

:pb_rollseyes: Oh for fuck's sake.  She now has an older woman flow chart on the Always Learning Facebook page.

I wish I knew how to copy it, but according to Lori, older women with careers are "off on cruises, visiting Florida, or on European vacations" (I should clue my mom in on this- she'll be sorry she missed it). They don't like company either.  Because Lori says so. :pb_rollseyes:

She's like a child.  

Side note- she added this little dig at women who have no choice but to work for their families:

I am truly sorry for all of you older and younger women who must work hours away from the home because your husband insists that you do, he is ill and unable to work, or you are a single mother. This isn't how it is supposed to be according to God's Word.

What a bitchy thing to say.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

:pb_rollseyes: Oh for fuck's sake.  She now has an older woman flow chart on the Always Learning Facebook page.

I was just coming to complain about this flow chart. Does she actually think that career women are off on cruises and European vacations? I have worked full-time for most of my adult life and have yet to take a cruise. Our very rare vacations always involve camping and the whole family.

I saved the picture. I hope it's okay to share it here. It is on her publicly accessible page. Although I considered liking it for enhanced snarking capability, I would be mortified if one of my friends saw that listed on my page.

ETA: Sorry the picture is so huge. I don't know how to change that.

judgmental_flow_chart.jpg

I hate this woman. Just stopping by to make my bimonthly declaration. May she rot in a box while Ken takes his 10 minutes over and over and over and over again.

The thing that drives me is there doesn't seem to be any room between "SAHM" and "career woman" - which to be honest, I always feel like she's describing Sigourney Weaver's character in Working Girl.

My mother works, and has all my life.  To ensure her children had the basics, to ensure that we could live and not just exist, and yes, to ensure that there's money for her and my stepfather to do what they want to do.

But my mom has also always been able to help when people really needed it (like when I was deployed, and my daughter lived with them, which has happened twice) by making her work schedule be flexible. 

There's just no gray in Lori-land.

50 minutes ago, molecule said:

I was just coming to complain about this flow chart. Does she actually think that career women are off on cruises and European vacations? I have worked full-time for most of my adult life and have yet to take a cruise. Our very rare vacations always involve camping and the whole family.

I saved the picture. I hope it's okay to share it here. It is on her publicly accessible page. Although I considered liking it for enhanced snarking capability, I would be mortified if one of my friends saw that listed on my page.

I finally have something nice to say about Lori.  She has nice penmanship.

When she start with the charts. She damn well doesn't need to feel sorry for me: a working, single mom. Maybe she should feel sorry for and do something about the foster child/ren I and many others are parenting because married parents couldn't take care of him?

p>

Rigoddamndiculous

Oh FFS....Florida? Hell no! I live in Vegas baby! European vacations? NO thanks. Cruises? Maybe someday!

Helping younger women? Ask "my girls" sometime about that (a group of young women I am friends with at church). 

Goes to church when in town? Shit...I'm at church 4 days a week.

Yes, I do like it quiet at home but I live in a one bedroom apartment so there's no room for others. 

I did my time raising kids and grandkids. I was a mom before I was an adult. The only "watching" I want to do now is watch my felines do silly things. 

I wish like hell I could work to pay for exotic vacations, but this living on an SSDI check sucks ass and if I can go make GOOD money, I sure will be hauling my ass out of bed in the mornings. I just want to make enough money to get my car back on the road in the near future!

4 hours ago, salex said:

Yet, Lori's prayers were not answered, so wouldn't that mean this was God's will>

Not necessarily. It could also mean that the woman who supposedly managed to have an abortion after 'several months' + 6 more was overcome by Satan and the government is all Satan to begin with and prayers from the Godly Mentor and Godly Mentee couldn't possibly stop the will of the Dark Lord, oh no.

Isn't that the default reason why 'bad things happen' to people like her? Satan did it? It's kind of like my tendency to blame wizards. "Where did the last doughnut go?"   "A wizard did it."   

Her lists are bullshit.  It's literally just crap she makes up.  

My mom has a career and I am a sahm.

~Both of us take vacations, but not excessively.  1 or 2 a year at most.

~She is hospitable, loves everyone.  I almost have an anxiety attack when people come over.

~I wouldn't set foot in a church.  Her husband is a pastor.

~She would help anyone she could, even if it meant staying up until ridiculous hours.   

~She is a MILLION KAZILLION times a better grandmother, mother, wife, friend than Lori Alexander.  If baby Emma had been her granddaughter, that whole force feeding incident would have been a 1 time sort of deal.  It would have been ugly.  Like mad grandma ugly.

My mom is one of the sweetest people you'd ever meet.  She's made her mistakes, but she is a good person. Lori wouldn't be fit to wipe my mama's dirty shoes, much less sit online and make shit up about her and women like her. 

Lori is a perfect example of "Those who can do, those who can't,  teach."    (my teacher friends add the corollary "Those who can't teach, teach gym and those who can't teach gym get their degrees is administration and become Principals.)

How arrogant to think she must "teach" other women to love their husbands or love their children.  Lori doesn't exactly have clean hands in these areas so she should shut up and make a salad.

7 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

My eight year old nephew is a voracious reader and loves anything connected to history, geography or science. He has absolutely no interest in fiction but devours anything factual. He gets a lot of enjoyment from reading but I have to say, it's not even a tiny fraction of the joy I get from the crazy chats we end up having as a result!! He ponders on the stuff he reads and likes to talk it all out and in his childish innocence is absolutely HILARIOUS!

Which is a very long winded way of saying that the thought of him not being able to read makes me very sad. Disproportionately sad. I understand that other countries and cultures leave reading till a little later, but can I just say that one particular eight year old who can read is the delight of my heart!

:my_heart::my_heart::my_heart:

I know. That's the sad part about kids learning to read at 9 or 12. They miss so many good years of reading. It's not about them being academically behind, or whatever, it's about them missing out on a real joy in life. 

And there are other things too. An 8 year old who is illiterate knows darn well that most other 8 year olds are reading. He sees kids his age studying menus, reading comics in the grocery store, texting friends. And he knows he can't do that. How is that going to make a child feel? I mean, if he is incapable of learning, that's one thing. Then it's a sad thing he needs to deal with. But if he is capable but no one helps him learn? That's just wrong, and very damaging to his self-confidence.

6 hours ago, molecule said:

Since I'm Team Career Woman, when can   expect my cruise and European vacation? I'd prefer an Alaskan cruise and for my Eurpoean vacation to involve significant time at wineries, but in a pinch, I guess I could settle for a Caribbean cruise and a trip to Paris.   Just let me know where to sign up.  

4 hours ago, Koala said:

If baby Emma had been her granddaughter, that whole force feeding incident would have been a 1 time sort of deal.  It would have been ugly.  Like mad grandma ugly.

I've gotten mad grandma ugly...I reached a range of pissed off I've never reached before...we're talking nuclear explosion, scorched earth pissed...when my idiot daughter got herself locked up and the babies almost ended up in foster care because daddy couldn't get his shit together...I was so pissed I scared myself. 

My dad's wife was a "career woman" when she was younger (retired now). She was a single mom, divorced, with kids. These days, though, she and my dad are living for themselves. So yeah, they take a lot of vacations. They take cruises once or twice a year. They spend their time and money on hobbies and travel and fun stuff. They both worked a lot of years, and now they are pleasing no one but themselves. We don't have the best of relationships, but I'm glad to see people having the time and money to really indulge their interests. When you spend a lifetime working hard, it's nice to be able to spend your last years playing hard. Not everyone is able to do that, unfortunately. Many people work hard their entire lives for miserable wages and are never able to retire comfortably.

Sounds like Lori has a nasty case of sour grapes, and that color is really ugly on her. 

Recently, I have had fun creating flow charts to show the consequences of our choices. Since I don't have a lot of room, I create a general consequence to each choice.

Fun because her flow charts help:

1) Reaffirm her own life choices

2) Provide her the opportunity to criticize others.  

She would be more honest, of course, but she ran out of room :pb_rollseyes:

I know the best place for mothers who have children to be is in the home with their children. 

And she knows this because she knows the unique situations of every woman in the world.  Would you expect any less from a woman who speaks for The God of the Universe?

Yes, it offends working women but they must ask themselves why God's Word offends them.  Can it be that they feel some guilt?

Of course it would never occur to a humble woman such as Lori that perhaps her interpretation and presentation of "God's word" is what people are actually offended by.  No, you couldn't possibly disagree with Lori without disagreeing with God, since the two are interchangeable.

Whatever choice any mother makes is between her husband, herself, and the Lord.

Given this stance, and the Bible's position on busy bodies, it would seem that the logical solution would be to actually leave it to a woman, her husband, and the Lord, and leave Lori Alexander out of it.  After all, Lori has her own home to tend.

If I hated working mothers, I sure wouldn't try so hard to get them to understand God's will for their life 

It is possible that working mothers feel capable of getting to the heart of God's will for their life without the help of The Godly Mentor.  Perhaps an all powerful God can convey his will without an obnoxious mouthpiece.  Who am I to say, though?

The main reason I do this is for the children; if you asked them, they would say they want their mother home full-time with them. Someone has to speak up for the children and it might as well be me.

How very ironic, coming from a woman who was so awfully cruel to her own children.

I thought that Lori spoke for The God of the Universe.  Now she speaks for children too?  She knows what they would say, if asked?

Yeesh. As the daughter of a career woman who worked full time I can attest that, no, I do not wish my mother had been home with me. Hiring a kind, patient, loving nanny was one of the best parenting decisions she ever made. She'd have been miserable staying home, and she would've made me miserable in turn.

18 minutes ago, VodouDoll said:

Hiring a kind, patient, loving nanny was one of the best parenting decisions she ever made. 

What a coincidence.  Hiring a nanny to hold her crying babies was probably one of the best parenting decisions Lori ever made.

The difference being, of course, that having hired a nanny herself, my mother would never shame others for doing it. She and Lori don't have much in common.

Have any of LA's blog commenters ever reminded her that she had a nanny herself? What a hypocrite.

No!  I have seen her criticize women for having nannies, and no one has ever said "umm, excuse me Godly Mentor...."  Who knows though.  I think the purpose of being a sahw is to exercise your delete finger.  It's a big part of being a Godly Older Woman, so maybe someone did comment and Lori just deleted them like the Lord would want her to :pb_lol:

Just something I came up with over morning coffee: ETA: I'll hand it to Lori. Her charts present better than mine.  I need to spend more time sitting around and doodling..once I find the word "doodle" in the Bible.  image.jpg

9 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Just something I came up with over morning coffee: ETA: I'll hand it to Lori. Her charts present better than mine.  I need to spend more time sitting around and doodling..once I find the word "doodle" in the Bible.  image.jpg

Your worldly activities clearly don't allow you enough time to practice your penmanship and doodling skills.  

14 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Your worldly activities clearly don't allow you enough time to practice your penmanship and doodling skills.  

Yeah. I'm so embarrassed.  I've allowed myself to be sucked into meal prep for a sick neighbor this week AND some last minute babysitting for a young mother with medical appointments.  I know. I know. These are not things a Godly woman does (where is the time for internet gossip?!?)  Also...I'm cuddling and reading to the little one A LOT! I'm...gasp...playing with him!  Don't tell Lori I haven't smacked him one time!!

Side note: The markers brought back such sweet memories of another ungodly habit I developed in the past - coloring and doing crafts with my daughter.  I'm more of a sinner than I thought!

One more thing! I have yet to find "doodle" or "flow chart" in the Bible.  Still searching.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived