IGNORED

Lori Alexander never learning since 2011 - part 6

3 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I would too. A part of me wonders if "Godly Modest" Lori now wishes that she was more strict with her daughters' clothing choices when they were growing up.

I wonder if they dress as they do BECAUSE she was so strict and critical while they lived at home.  My daughter had a lot of rules regarding clothing.  One time, I allowed her to wear a short (mid-thigh) denim skirt to a party.  My mother questioned my decision on that and I said "You know...she has so many rules. I cannot say no to everything. The skirt is as long as her shorts, her top is modest. I cannot be so strict that she goes wild when she leaves home."  By high school she really had developed her own sense of style and it was a great style and a modest style.  Occasionally, I'd feel compelled to offer a suggestion on how to make things a little more modest. In fact, we kind of created a fun challenge as she worked to wear cute outfits that were modest. She even came up with a name for the future clothing line she was sure she'd create.  Of course I can't share that name 'cause it might happen one day and I don't want any of our fundie families stealing her idea. :pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One woman who I confronted about her immodesty wore little bikinis at the beach and provocative dresses to church told me that it was the men's problem, not hers. She is not a wise woman.

I think this has been the smartest woman that Lori has told tales about. I like her style and moxy plus her logic is sound. It's like the saying my awesome friend has. "If you have problem with ME, then YOU have a problem. Enjoy those problems YOU have!"

40 minutes ago, iheartchacos said:

746d37c193f4ceeac25053e7adfc6dfc.jpg

She's going around fb.

I'm looking at the FB post now and some of the comments.

I work and I'm still able to do everything thing on the right. Like who tf cooks microwave food & I don't eat fast food. Lol.. chhhiiillee

Interesting. Somewhat accurate.

People have to do what works for them and their household.

I had a friend who was a SAHM for several years. She's glad she did because her relationship is great with her children. However she's now divorced and struggling financially because she's so behind in the workforce.

Lies I believe it's all in how you manage your home and time. Each outcome can happen to either at home parent or working parent.

Soooooo this list COMPLETELY bias....it's basically saying if your a SAHM then you and your kids and husband have a more fulfilling life...this is not necessarily true!!!! Just because you're a home maker doesn't mean life will be this way, it also doesn't mean if you have to work that it will be like that either. Smh at this whole list. I thought it was gonna show some strengths and weaknesses in both but it is completely favored on being a SAHM. I call BS.

Negative!!!! I work away from home and I cook 5 days a week. I don't just read to my kids at night when I get off work we do hw while I cook. And then we either play together or go to the park. My husband and I alternate cleaning duties throughout the week. And best believe too tired to be intimate with hubby isn't the case.

I think some women can balance working outside the home & still being a wife/mother, however for me, it works better for my marriage & my family that I don't work outside of the home. I do feel our home works better with me home. I feel like I'm a better mother Bc I'm very hands on with my son, & to me it was very important that my son isn't spending the majority of the day with someone other than me. As far as being a wife, I feel like I can focus on my husband needs more & since he works a lot I'm able to take care of home. But this is what works for us, everyone is different. Some women do it all, just not me Lolz

I'm a working mom too. I'm blessed to work the 6 am to 230 shift so I am home when my children get home. It definitely is a balance but I believe women can do both. I also have a supportive husband who helps with the kids and preparing meals. It is a group effort. Not taking anything away from the stay at home moms. I have been on both sides of the fence. Stay at home moms work just as hard.

As a SAHM I would be the 1st to say this list is completely wrong, I think working moms put in just as much effort as SAHM, each has its benefits & flaws. There's no need to down one to make the other one look better! Shouts to the Working Moms & Shouts to the SAHM ! But we shouldn't be downing each other just to make the other one we look better. We all know this list is unrealistic

There are stay at home moms that do all of the above and yet their husbands are banging their secretaries/coworkers etc......... Just like there are working moms that still make time for family needs. I've done both and it's different for each person but my family comes first at all times and that's all that matters

I liked that some SAHMs disagreed with the list. I hope Lori finds that post FB group and reads all the comments.

36 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I'm looking at the FB post now and some of the comments.

I liked that some SAHMs disagreed with the list. I hope Lori finds that post FB group and reads all the comments.

I also liked how both SAHMs and working outside the home moms showed so much grace to each other, and acknowledged both situations have advantages and disadvantages. 

11 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I also liked how both SAHMs and working outside the home moms showed so much grace to each other, and acknowledged both situations have advantages and disadvantages. 

I liked that too. Many people brought up a lot of other good points and there were working moms who admitted that they didn't like staying home. There was a comment from a guy who said that he wished his wife could stay home, but she wants to work and he's fine with it. If Lori saw that comment she would have said that the guy was weak and that the wife was ungodly. Like I said before, I hope Lori finds that group and the post. She would at least see that those bullshit lists aren't reeling a lot of people into her beliefs against working moms or even SAHMs.

I have a hard time imagining a woman old enough to be a grandmother, feverishly scribbling out these lists. They are so obviously biased and designed to reaffirm her belief system.  It's so childish.

Also, I am crossing my fingers that someone asks her what to do if you have an adult daughter who is immodest.  :pb_lol:

Well I'm a stay at home mom and make a meal from scratch  once or twice a week.The rest of the nights we go out or I reheat the previous meals in the ebil microwave.  I double fail. 

ps:nothing can make you too tired for intimacy more than constantly cleaning and chasing around 2 toddlers while trying to find time for cooking, laundry,gorcery shopping, etc. Sometimes a 9-5 desk job seems luxurious to me. Being a "homemaker" is rather easy when your children are fully grown. 

30 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

Well I'm a stay at home mom and make a meal from scratch  once or twice a week.The rest of the nights we go out or I reheat the previous meals in the ebil microwave.  I double fail. 

ps:nothing can make you too tired for intimacy more than constantly cleaning and chasing around 2 toddlers while trying to find time for cooking, laundry,gorcery shopping, etc. Sometimes a 9-5 desk job seems luxurious to me. Being a "homemaker" is rather easy when your children are fully grown. 

I am so mad at myself for not persuing a career. I love my kids but hate the drudgery of everyday. I think I would do better working outside the home. I feel it would energize me. I am at square one.

I'll tell you what's funny.  You know the Instagram in question?  1 day ago there was a photo posted with her daughter wearing a tank top/halter top combo thing...I have no idea what you would call it.  Anyway, the point is, her stomach was totally exposed and they were kissing.

Lori replied:

Love this!

:pb_rollseyes:  And it's so modest!

8 hours ago, molecule said:

Today's post is another joy ride and includes this lovely passage in the first paragraph:

I have personally exhorted three women personally to be modest and none of them responded kindly to me. 

day7resize.jpg

Yeah, well if she wore that while she was "exhorting" them to be modest, I hope they told her to go put some clothes on. :pb_mad:

As low-cut as that dress is, I'm not sure how she's wearing a bra with that dress. Not that it matters, I guess. One can be modest without a bra (I couldn't, but other women can, I'm sure). But it is interesting that the queen of modesty is running around with a super low cut top and no bra ranting at other women to be modest.

eta: and none of this is meant to sound snarky at anyone other than LA. I don't care if your girls are bouncing all over the place. Be modest, be immodest, you do you. It's all good!

@usmcmom, I just wanted to say how much I love you for your posts in here.

Re Lori's list: I love how neither of those lists includes the possibility that (gasp!) a man is doing housework.  And believe you me, if my partner wants some intimacy, I want some cleaning.

2 hours ago, desertvixen said:

@usmcmom, I just wanted to say how much I love you for your posts in here.

Re Lori's list: I love how neither of those lists includes the possibility that (gasp!) a man is doing housework.  And believe you me, if my partner wants some intimacy, I want some cleaning.

Well, thank you very much. I enjoy your posts as well.  FJ members are some of the wittiest, well-spoken people I've ever encountered.  I love the perfect blend of humor, sarcasm and wisdom that pops up here.

Regarding that navy top of Lori's (pictured above), She sure seems to enjoy that plunging neckline look.  @polecat, you are right. I don't know how she can be wearing a bra with that. . I'm sure it is something that Ken encourages her to wear (or NOT wear).  I do think it would be very immodest if Lori were to bend over in that top and she had on no bra or camisole. She'd be flashing everybody. I also have the very sick feeling that Ken encourages his daughters to dress "Christian Risqué" as well. Remember that mention on Facebook about how HE was the one that helped a daughter highlight her hair?  He noticed his daughter's extra five pounds. He loves to hear Ryan tell him how feminine and submissive Erin is.  I think Ken has some very strange involvement in the daily lives of his daughters and daughters-in-law.  

@usmcmom, I did not know those things about Ken. :my_confused:. That's so creepy! 

Also, I don't give a damn what other people choose to wear. As long as I can wear what I want, it doesn't matter to me. But I think Lori is disgusting for running her mouth about "immodest" women, when she's pictured in a plunging neckline. I wish someone would comment on her blog and Facebook using that photo. 

I just want to say how much I hate Lori's flow charts of correct Christian behavior. When I see one, I notice that I have the same visceral reaction as I do to the words "nutritious" and "exhort."

3 minutes ago, molecule said:

I just want to say how much I hate Lori's flow charts of correct Christian behavior. When I see one, I notice that I have the same visceral reaction as I do to the words "nutritious" and "exhort."

Oh my god, the flow charts!  I feel the exact same way.

On 2016-03-28 at 9:39 AM, Koala said:

Lori is ranting about modesty again today.  Wonder what Ken's been up too...

Seriously though, I always wonder if posts like today's are aimed at her oldest daughter, and if said daughter's Instagram doesn't trigger them.  I know Ken has labeled her dress as "Christian Risque", but Lori has never outright addressed it that I recall, even going so far as to say the following:

Lori, referring to her daughters:

From the post:

She goes on to say:

To which I say :pb_lol:

And finally:

Translation:

:pb_rollseyes:

I wondered if this post was a dig at Emily - pointing out that Steven once said he wanted a modest girl, then pointedly complaining about women who wear bikinis.

Well, we'll soon see who might not be up to having grandma visit....

I really loved Lori's homeschooling boys post. No, really, I LOVED it. Especially because, as a mom of boys, I homeschooled them for a long, long time (and am in my last year of homeschooling my youngest). Why did I love the blog post? Because she linked to this article: http://www.babble.com/parenting/ways-to-raise-feminist-boys/

And, well, it was PERFECT! 

Oh, Lori, if only you knew how far off the mark you could be sometimes. If only you understood how little you really knew. 

From the comments of her homeschool post:

At the age of 9 most of our children learn to read and got it quickly.

Why on earth would you wait until your child is 9 years old to teach them to read???  She says that her husband had a hard time learning to read as a child and asked her not to push them, but 9?  That's bordering on educational neglect in my opinion.  

Don't get me wrong...I am not a "teach them to read at 2" kind of mom, but I did teach them to read simple books by the time they were 4-5.  

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:26 AM, Sera's Arrow said:

I think this is nothing but a story and I don't think it even came from gossip. I think it came strictly from Lori's sewer of a brain. What better way to pull a double jab at the evil gubmit and evil pro-choice feminists than make up a story that deals with late term abortion and ends with praying which makes her (Lori) look like a good, pious woman who tried so hard to prevent it from occurring. . .all for naught, of course, because of the dark-hearted villains.

I have a lot of doubt where Lori's gossipy stories are concerned though and anything that starts with a 'someone I know knows this person and this person did X, Y and Z' is a possible story. The less details a story has - like 'several months' is pretty vague (to me, anyway) - the possibility that it's a pure bullshit story increases.  

Yet, Lori's prayers were not answered, so wouldn't that mean this was God's will>

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Why on earth would you wait until your child is 9 years old to teach them to read???  She says that her husband had a hard time learning to read as a child and asked her not to push them, but 9?  That's bordering on educational neglect in my opinion.  

Don't get me wrong...I am not a "teach them to read at 2" kind of mom, but I did teach them to read simple books by the time they were 4-5.  

I think it is neglect! Unless the child has delays, they should be pretty solid readers by 9. That's so sad. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Never mind ... I'm clearly unable to read myself.

I've seen a lot of posters in Internet homeschool forums who believe in delaying teaching reading because Finnish kids aren't formally taught until they're seven or something. Which is okay depending on the kid, I guess. The idea is they've had a ton of literacy education beforehand, piles of read-aloud stories and books, their parents read them their science, history, and math texts, scribe stories and reports for them and help them revise and polish their writing, etc. Probably lots of kids just wind up figuring it out on their own way beforehand because they're living in a print-rich environment and if their parents are homeschooling right, they're being read to all day long in all subjects. But then you see parents who post stuff like, "My thirteen year old still can't read, should I be concerned? When should I teach him?" and it makes me want to bang my head against the wall. It's so shitty of people to hobble their kids like that.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived