IGNORED

Lori Alexander never learning since 2011 - part 6

Umm...yeah...after all the crazy medical crap we've been through, there's no more "modesty" between us. He held me up in the shower when I had my various orthopedic surgeries, I bathed him when he was in ICU with tubes in almost every orifice and held him up in the shower during various hospital admissions. Short of watching me have a baby, there's nothing left of "modesty" between us. 

Lori is INSANE...utterly INSANE. 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I want for my birthday is for someone who knows Lori IRL perhaps someone from her church with whom she has mentored, to join up and dish. It would make me so so happy.

I find this woman's babblings so painful to read that I usually just pass them by.  But, in all seriousness, perhaps her brain tumor is affecting her postings more and more. 

I was so infuriated by the post for today (Mar. 17).  According to her, women do not need college.  I commented in disagreement, and she actually posted it.   The Bible is very clear in Proverbs about gaining knowledge and wisdom.

5 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

All I want for my birthday is for someone who knows Lori IRL perhaps someone from her church with whom she has mentored, to join up and dish. It would make me so so happy.

That would be every gift giving holiday for every religion all rolled into one gigantic present! Extra bonus would be if it was one of the kids.

#confused..... 

If I'm not educated, how am I going to write a coherent, credible blog in order to mentor younger women in the ways of the Lord?

:tw_tounge_xd:

1 hour ago, salex said:

https://disqus.com/by/lorialexander/         more lori praising lori 

She's got a blog, a Facebook page, a Sooper Sekrut Facebook page, and now this? When does she have time to make those huge salads for Ken? :my_dodgy:

Oh, wait. She can just cut down to FIVE minutes and some lube. Wallah. Time for everything.:my_rolleyes:

She spends an awful lot of time arguing with the net, for a person who advises women to:

1) not argue

2) not spend too much time on the internet

5 minutes ago, Florita said:

Fact that Lori chooses to ignore: women with college educations tend to stay married.

You have got to stop confusing us mentees with facts.  After all, what are facts compared to what Lori can pull out of her Godly Ass?

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Lori Alexander thinker of great thoughts.

Too bad those thoughts are so discombobulated by the time they are transferred to her fingers  and then the keyboard.  I can't say that I have met many fundie ladies but none of the ones I know come even close to our Lori.

6 minutes ago, Florita said:

casselman-feature-marriage-4.thumb.png.3

Source: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/marriage-isnt-dead-yet/

Fact that Lori chooses to ignore: women with college educations tend to stay married.

Yep. A recent study shows that Massachusetts has the USA's lowest divorce rate, owing in part to educational levels. (Other factors included geographical closeness to families of origin, later ages at first marriage, and (non-fundie) religious traditions.)

Ken:

Great post babes! i will try to work harder to provide :)

I don't know why- but something about "babes" (Ken frequently refers to Lori as "babes" in comments) really grates my nerves.  Maybe it's a bitch eating crackers thing? Idk, but it's like nails on a chalkboard for me.

I think possibly the reason for lower divorce rate among college graduates could be because college graduates tend to make more money, so they aren't as likely to fight over finances, which is a big cause of divorce.  They may also be better able to afford therapy if there are problems.  Just a thought. 

Or, due to their level of education, they may be able to communicate better.   

8 hours ago, salex said:

https://disqus.com/by/lorialexander/         more lori praising lori 

I was just poking around a bit in some of the blogs Lori has commented on. This post is about choosing to return to work after maternity leave. Lori comments that the writer is "falling for a feminist lie" and tells her to return home to her baby drops in her interpretation of Titus 2.

Two readers respond to Lori quite graciously while challenging her assumptions about Proverbs 31 and Titus 2. They both point out that nowhere does it say that taking care of house and children is all that women are supposed to do. 

Lori show us that she was at the mean girls table in junior high:

Titus 2:3-5 commands older women to teach younger women to be keepers at home or they blaspheme the Word of God. This is clear where God wants women with children.

The Proverbs 31 women didn't have a career that took her out of her home for hours a day and have others watch her children. No, everything she did revolved around her home and she probably was teaching her children how to sow and garden as she worked.

I am relieved to know that she is being called out by other Christian women on their blogs--and the responses are far kinder and more gracious in the face of disagreement than Lori ever is.

Lori is what we used to call an old biddy. 

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I think possibly the reason for lower divorce rate among college graduates could be because college graduates tend to make more money, so they aren't as likely to fight over finances, which is a big cause of divorce.  They may also be better able to afford therapy if there are problems.  Just a thought. 

Or, due to their level of education, they may be able to communicate better.   

Could also be college graduates might tend to marry later, be a tad more mature in the relationship?

Reader:

Hi Lori, 
I'm not sure how to pose my question, but when she mentioned doing her hair the way her husband likes I was wondering. I don't mind if a husband asks his wife to grow her hair long or keep it short. But at what point does asking a wife to present herself a certain way or restricting her movement become controlling/obsessive. I know it's rare, but I have heard of husbands that buy all their wives clothes and underwear for them, film their every move at home, track their phone calls and computer use, even check the mileage on the car to make sure she hasn't gone further than told. Etc. should the wife joyfully submit and make the best of it? Or is that grounds for abuse? I'm not asking for myself or anyone I know. I was just curious. If you aren't sure or would rather not respond that's fine.

Lori replies:

I am mentoring a woman whose husband does this to her and she called it abusive. I told her it wasn't abusive. It was harsh which the Word commands husbands to not be harsh with their husbands. However, she is doing some things wrong towards him that no wife should do towards her husband. Who knows what came first but it all gets to be very ugly when a couple refuses to do things God's ways. I still encourage her to memorize 1 Peter 3:1-6 and win him without a word but she also must obey God in other areas where she is disobedient since we will all stand before the Lord someday for our actions, not our husbands

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

Reader:

Lori replies:

Uhhh...so abusive isn't abusive if God?  I'mma call BS on that one.  Sheesh.  

4 hours ago, molecule said:

I was just poking around a bit in some of the blogs Lori has commented on. This post is about choosing to return to work after maternity leave. Lori comments that the writer is "falling for a feminist lie" and tells her to return home to her baby drops in her interpretation of Titus 2.

Two readers respond to Lori quite graciously while challenging her assumptions about Proverbs 31 and Titus 2. They both point out that nowhere does it say that taking care of house and children is all that women are supposed to do. 

I am relieved to know that she is being called out by other Christian women on their blogs--and the responses are far kinder and more gracious in the face of disagreement than Lori ever is.

I think of her as one myself--and I figure I'm at least five years older than she is.

9 hours ago, molecule said:

That first comment was great. I especially liked this:

This whole discussion would have been impossible before the industrial revolution anyway, as most people worked as families, men, women, and children together, in their businesses or on their farms. The idea that the stay-at-home mother is the pinnacle of womanhood comes from the post-industrial-revolution middle classes who wanted to distinguish themselves from poor women who had to work. That whole vision of The Angel in the House isn't a biblical one, it's straight from the snobbery of the Victorian middle class trying to distance themselves from poor people.

She said that very well. Lori's revisionist history irks me no end.

I have a wish ...that lori gets an after life where she gas to live the way she advises women to live...abuses  would be called a harsh husband, and she'd be told she brought it in herself.  Lots of kids and some meddling bitch telling her to home school, look good, grt b by on too littl and have more kids.  Msybe also experience Debi Pearl's honey moon and the l8ves of the children beaten following pearl methods.  

No big salads, only a diet of her own words.  

Eternity gives us plenty of time to learn from our mistakes....do we think lori is able to learn?

(1)I am mentoring a woman whose husband does this to her and she called it abusive. I told her it wasn't abusive. (2) It was harsh which the Word commands husbands to not be harsh with their husbands.

1) It is, at the very least, a sign of being a controlling asshat and controlling asshats are well-documented for often going further and becoming abusive asshats. The risk increases the more they are enabled by any jerk with a blog to think their behaviour is normal and socially acceptable, if not downright superior in nature because it is commanded by a higher power (like God).

2) This doesn't just look awkward - it's awkward to type (I tried) and it's very awkward to say. Plus ... commands husbands to not be harsh with their husbands? That's an interesting and ironic typo from Little Miss Sour. All snark aside, if I saw a loved one who suffers from complications with their brain type something like this, I'd take them to get checked out immediately. That sentence is more like word salad than a bungle with the keyboard or a spelling error and it would alarm me. 

I am admittedly a tad paranoid (some say 'vigilant') about the well-being and health of my loved ones though, it's all that darn empathy. It's odd with Lori. I feel for her because she's a miserable person and then I don't feel for her because she's chosen to be a miserable person. I have little to no patience for people who have lived far longer than I who haven't took a good long look at themselves and said 'gee, I could be a better person'.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived