Jump to content
IGNORED

Grey's Anatomy


RabbitKM

Recommended Posts

Yes, TOTALLY

Yep, the latest episode was pretty boring. I feel like Grey's has kind of lost its stride since Cristina left and now that they're all attendings. It used to be like a mix of personal drama and medical mysteries or emergencies, now most episodes are one or the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pretzel

    46

  • Yes, TOTALLY

    26

  • RabbitKM

    24

  • clueliss

    17

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Count me in! I've been diggin' this show for years. I LOVE it. Part of me was only excited about the Smuggars producing spawn #4 because they could name her Meredith and they did, lol. I really love t

There has to be some Grey's fans on here, right? I've been a steady fan since practically the beginning.  Grey's is like family to me.   My basic thoughts on the show: My OTP: Japril <3

That greedy bitch of catherine avery can go fuck herself 

RabbitKM

Hmm.. 

I liked the Arizona/patient storyline.  She showed some balls with her patient, but then I think she got carried away and went ahead and told Jackson about the pregnancy before April.  Now he's gonna be pissed at April, and April's gonna be pissed at Arizona.

The Jo/Meredith fighting is getting old, IMO.  

And that doctor showing up at the end was a bit creepy, not gonna lie.  

What did everyone else think?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, TOTALLY

Just finished watching it, and oh my god Martin Henderson, pick an accent and stick to it!!! Where is his character even meant to be from?

I liked this episode though! It was a nice even mix of medicine and emotional stuff. I found the bit with Meredith and the army guy dumb though, most people get put off when the person they're into stands there silently barely even looking at them. And I'm sad that April and Arizona probably won't be friends anymore :( she was pretty much the only person who didn't find April annoying.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, TOTALLY
On 29/03/2016 at 0:40 AM, Pretzel said:

What's y'alls' opinion on the latest Japril goings on?

Warning, spoilers:

Arizona is so clueless, she thinks she did the right thing...? Just can't believe that. I think it'll work out for Japril in the end, and i think April is right. It's her body and her choice. Women having the choice NOT to interfere with a pregnancy is just as important as women having the choice to interfere with a pregnancy. I thought it was a nice moment for April, she is often portrayed as a people pleaser but in that moment she was really strong. I would be getting all the tests if I was her but I can understand why she made the choices that she did.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretzel
1 hour ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

Warning, spoilers:

Arizona is so clueless, she thinks she did the right thing...? Just can't believe that. I think it'll work out for Japril in the end, and i think April is right. It's her body and her choice. Women having the choice NOT to interfere with a pregnancy is just as important as women having the choice to interfere with a pregnancy. I thought it was a nice moment for April, she is often portrayed as a people pleaser but in that moment she was really strong. I would be getting all the tests if I was her but I can understand why she made the choices that she did.

ITA. I've always felt like she was pressured into terminating her last pregnancy. Jackson is such an ass. He pulled her away from the altar and said he even loved the things he didn't like about her. That certainly proved not to be true. He hates her for her believes, her faith bothers him all the time, he disregards her decisions about her own body because they're faith based and he and his arrogant mother can't ever accept that there's people with different views. IIRC April was quite annoying about her Jesus love but she never actively pushed her believes on others or disregarded other people for not sharing the faith. Unlike Jackson she can accept his atheism. The way he treated her after Samuel's death was so awful, no wonder she had to flee to Jordan to get away from him. Samuel hadn't passed away long enough when he already suggested they could just have another one. WTF. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
RabbitKM

GRRRR Mama Avery needs to step off!!! NO NO NO

And I thought this would have been the day Pretty Penny finally gets kicked to the curb... wah

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
OddlyAmused

I'm currently binging this show for the first time, and I'm kind of addicted now. I'm only just past the musical episode in season 7, but I've been spoiled for quite a bit that happens later (thanks, Mom!). My favorite character is Alex, for all the reasons Pretzel so eloquently explained above. Also really like Arizona, Bailey, and Jackson. For most other characters, I alternate between not liking them and not being able to stand them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Diggingupdirt

Catherine just really pissed me off!!!! I hope Jackson grows a pair and tells his mother to go to hell. He better not do anything to April and the baby legally. She has the right to do what she wants and he was the one who filled for divorce so, I don't know if they really have a leg to stand on

Edited by choralcrusader8613
tapa sig
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
RabbitKM
On 4/1/2016 at 8:20 PM, OddlyAmused said:

I'm currently binging this show for the first time, and I'm kind of addicted now. I'm only just past the musical episode in season 7, but I've been spoiled for quite a bit that happens later (thanks, Mom!). My favorite character is Alex, for all the reasons Pretzel so eloquently explained above. Also really like Arizona, Bailey, and Jackson. For most other characters, I alternate between not liking them and not being able to stand them.

Ah, I wish I could go back to having never watched this show just so I could be in your shoes and get to start the whole thing from the beginning again!  Be careful with reading here, we are usually commenting as each episode comes up.  But, I would love if you posted your thoughts as you watch certain episodes as well!  And, I love those characters too.  

On 4/2/2016 at 0:46 PM, Diggingupdirt said:

Catherine just really pissed me off!!!! I hope Jackson grows a pair and tells his mother to go to hell. He better not do anything to April and the baby legally. She has the right to do what she wants and he was the one who filled for divorce so, I don't know if they really have a leg to stand on

Yeah, I am curious about this.  I never would have thought that what April did was fraud.. or that it was against the law in any way.  And it's not like April is trying to take Jackson's fatherly rights away from the baby, so I guess I don't really see what the big deal is (to Catherine)?  So he didn't find out the moment the stick was dry?  Even if they were happily married, I could see April keeping it from him for a little while, after what happened with Samuel. 

Edited by choralcrusader8613
tapa sig
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, TOTALLY

When Catherine said that they could 'go after' April did she mean try to get money from her? Cause aren't the Averys loaded anyway? Or did she mean go after her parental rights? I never knew it was a law that you had to declare if you're pregnant or not on divorce papers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretzel
On 3. April 2016 at 5:48 AM, Yes, TOTALLY said:

When Catherine said that they could 'go after' April did she mean try to get money from her? Cause aren't the Averys loaded anyway? Or did she mean go after her parental rights? I never knew it was a law that you had to declare if you're pregnant or not on divorce papers.

I think the 'going after her' is more of a 'you freaky deluded naive lil farmer's girl, you divorced my precious smart angel doctor son and you're denying him the rights on his precious Avery pedigreed offspring, you bet I'm gonna beat the crap out of you'-kind of move...

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
withaj
4 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I think the 'going after her' is more of a 'you freaky deluded naive lil farmer's girl, you divorced my precious smart angel doctor son and you're denying him the rights on his precious Avery pedigreed offspring, you bet I'm gonna beat the crap out of you'-kind of move...

Ugh, I can't stand Catherine. She occasionally does something badass and ballsy, but mostly she's just a plague.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, TOTALLY
16 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I think the 'going after her' is more of a 'you freaky deluded naive lil farmer's girl, you divorced my precious smart angel doctor son and you're denying him the rights on his precious Avery pedigreed offspring, you bet I'm gonna beat the crap out of you'-kind of move...

 

But what exactly is she going to do? Like she can't literally beat the crap out of her, so she will sue the crap out of her? I feel like Jackson will put a stop to it either way, unless Catherine is going to somehow legally force April to get certain tests done. Have to say, Grey's is getting a bit better this season! I've been quite enjoying it lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JillyO

Random thoughts:

I fucking hate Catherine Avery. I'm sorry, I guess she's supposed to be some kind of "mama bear" character, but IMHO she is just hateful.

I love Jackson, but I'm kind of meh about Japril. But I do think they'll get back together with the new pregnancy. April and her God stuff has been getting on my nerves since the minute she joined the show.

Love the new Meredith love story! I wasn't sure how the show would be after McDreamy's exit, but I think it's working really well.

I agree with whoever said that Penny and Callie have zero chemistry. Like, NONE. I expect them to realize it themselves any minute now.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
RabbitKM
3 hours ago, JillyO said:

Random thoughts:

I fucking hate Catherine Avery. I'm sorry, I guess she's supposed to be some kind of "mama bear" character, but IMHO she is just hateful.

I love Jackson, but I'm kind of meh about Japril. But I do think they'll get back together with the new pregnancy. April and her God stuff has been getting on my nerves since the minute she joined the show.

Love the new Meredith love story! I wasn't sure how the show would be after McDreamy's exit, but I think it's working really well.

I agree with whoever said that Penny and Callie have zero chemistry. Like, NONE. I expect them to realize it themselves any minute now.

Yeah... Penny and Callie are just, idk... honestly, I think Mer and Alex have more chemistry than they do.  

I am still very iffy on Mer dating.  That guy has a creepy vibe to me, so I'm not feeling that.  Also, I know "technically" it's been two years since Derick died, but I can't help but feel it's only been less than a year because it just happened a season ago.

I used to like Mama Avery, actually.  But this development is interesting, to say the least.  Some people were saying that her actions might actually drive Japril closer together, with Jackson fiercely defending April against Mama Avery.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
morri

I watched the second season and part of third. stopped because repitition etc. (the bane of American tv) had a short look at season 6. said nope and havent watched it ever since.

Greys is a hospital soap opera.

 

I did use to watch ER though which is a bit less soapiew, while theres still some staff dying they dont have the whole staff fucking each other. LOL!

 

( in what i watched my fav characters where  Bailey, george o mailley , burke and derek shephard lol.

you understand i didnt appreciate getting the majority killed off. lol.

 

(i am still suffereing from the death of romano and greene and the leave of corday , and the rough end of lucy and carter LOL

Edited by morri
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
RabbitKM

I am so mad right now. April needs to chill the fuck out.  She didn't even know what was gonna happen... I mean, who files a restraining order in a few hours?? I seriously keep thinking that they are gonna get back together, but I think this will really sink them for good.  As for everyone else: I hope this award means Penny can finally GTFO.  Jo and Steph were being weird.  I am so over the Riggs/Owen drama.  Lastly, it was nice to see Mer happy for an episode.  

Next week is a TWO HOUR episode, which makes me wonder.... Who's gonna be killed off??? Maimed? Something crazy has to happen, right?

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, TOTALLY

Yeah April went too far...but she thought Jackson was going to sue her for full custody so I can see why. What a normal person would do is call him right away, explain what she overheard and why she did what she did and that would be it. But this is grey's so obviously that won't happen!

2 hour ep definitely indicates something will happen...another death/accident/natural disaster would be so far fetched though. They've done everything, hit by a bus, car crash, plane crash, hit by a truck, shooter, fire, drowning, a bomb, car hits hospital, storm, sinkhole, attacked by a patient...maybe it will be an earthquake or a terrorist attack or a flood.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lillybee

I may be sitting at a table for one but I really hate Arizona. It started when she refused to get Alex any decent interviews for an attending position because she didn't want to lose him. He got John Hopkins by himself. Add to that her cheating on Callie who is one of my favs.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, TOTALLY

I kind of love/hate Arizona. Sometimes she is cool (like when they had the fundraising gala and she and April sat around in a supply cupboard drinking stolen wine) and sometimes she is really selfish and just the worst. During the whole leg thing she was a bit awful too but I did feel for her. She's overall better than Penny though. Penny doesn't seem to be a bad person or anything, but I always forget that she's meant to be dating Callie. They just have no chemistry at all. I feel like they just put her with Callie to get the shock of her showing up at the dinner party. They need to break them up asap.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretzel

Callie and Penny have no chemistry at all, though I like Penny. Callie has turned into a whiny PITA of her colleagues, I wouldn't miss her. 

I don't think April went too far. She has been played and disregarded by many people in the past and she has every right to decide to not be a victim this time. Of course, her restraining order against Jackson seemed a little premature but she knows Mama Avery and she knows how the Averys play. I don't consider Jackson's step with the crib and the note  fair game. He told his mother he "got himself some power". He didn't put mother Avery in her place or tell her to calm the fuck down, or even suggest that she better completely keep out of his business and leave April and the baby alone and stop giving her a hard time. No, he always plays by his mother's rules and applies tactics. That shows me he's just as manipulative as her and it once more gives April every right to protect herself from more manipulation. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
clueliss

I like(d) Penny.  I did not like her with Callie and felt it forced.  

Arizona annoys me most of the time but she has her moments.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.