IGNORED

Grey's Anatomy

RabbitKM

12 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Callie and Penny have no chemistry at all, though I like Penny. Callie has turned into a whiny PITA of her colleagues, I wouldn't miss her. 

I don't think April went too far. She has been played and disregarded by many people in the past and she has every right to decide to not be a victim this time. Of course, her restraining order against Jackson seemed a little premature but she knows Mama Avery and she knows how the Averys play. I don't consider Jackson's step with the crib and the note  fair game. He told his mother he "got himself some power". He didn't put mother Avery in her place or tell her to calm the fuck down, or even suggest that she better completely keep out of his business and leave April and the baby alone and stop giving her a hard time. No, he always plays by his mother's rules and applies tactics. That shows me he's just as manipulative as her and it once more gives April every right to protect herself from more manipulation. 

I think you're right, the restraining order was definitely premature but not necessarily a total over-reaction. Jackson definitely should have told Catherine to butt out of it and leave April alone. I really do feel sorry for the child, because if things keep going as they are it is going to be pulled in so many directions and have so many people trying to act out their agendas on it once its born.

• Upvote 1

I love Grey's Anatomy, Jackson is sexy, and I really want to be cast in the show. :)

• Upvote 2

On 12.4.2016 at 10:39 PM, iweartanktops said:

I love Grey's Anatomy, Jackson is sexy, and I really want to be cast in the show. :)

He is so fucking hot I can't even!

WTF Callie? WTF Arizona? No. Just no.

• Upvote 1

This 2 hour episode this week really didn't do it for me! I'm so confused on  why Miranda is coming down so hard on Ben, Callie and Penny leaving for NYC, and Jackson and April? It left me unsatisfied. I don't know what is going on at Grey Sloan Memorial but they better start picking up the pace! 

Yeah it was probably the most boring two-hour episode in the history of the show. I'm glad they didn't do something stupidly dramatic but it was not the greatest. Callie and Penny still are not believable.

• Upvote 1

Callie & Penny bore me. 

Jackson & April have apparently been screaming at each other all for it to be wrapped up all nice and easy.

I'm tired of Owen's temper tantrums over the guy who can't pick an accent.

And was all of this to break up Bailey and Mr. Bailey?  

Decidedly not 2 hour episode worthy.

• Upvote 1

I agree that it was a very strange two hours.  I don't think it was ever meant to be a two hour special, they just put two separate episodes back-to-back.  When Bailey resecitated (?) that man, I seriously wondered what show I was watching. 

It's very annoying that all the couples are breaking up, and this episode just put the dagger in the heart of Bailey and whats-his-hame, as well as Arizona and Callie. I wonder what kind of rights Arizona has over Sofia, seeing how she is not biologically related to her.  I seriously wanted Penny to go to NYC and never have to see her again, but nooo Callie has to go with her.

For me, the Japril make-up was too little too late.  They're already divorced, so IMO the damage is done.  The best I'm hoping for is just amicable co-parenting.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

I agree that it was a very strange two hours.  I don't think it was ever meant to be a two hour special, they just put two separate episodes back-to-back.  When Bailey resecitated (?) that man, I seriously wondered what show I was watching. 

It's very annoying that all the couples are breaking up, and this episode just put the dagger in the heart of Bailey and whats-his-hame, as well as Arizona and Callie. I wonder what kind of rights Arizona has over Sofia, seeing how she is not biologically related to her.  I seriously wanted Penny to go to NYC and never have to see her again, but nooo Callie has to go with her.

For me, the Japril make-up was too little too late.  They're already divorced, so IMO the damage is done.  The best I'm hoping for is just amicable co-parenting.

I hate how Miranda had to push Ben into becoming a surgeon when he was perfectly fine with just being an anesthesiologist. Now that he's on his way to becoming a surgeon, mistakes are bound to happen to him just like they happened to Bailey and the other doctors. However, Bailey had to go so hard on him because she sees him as her insufficient husband. Something about that always bothered me. Ben is a friggin' full-grown doctor. He's not some kind of fresh-out-of-college 20-something like the other interns, or residents respectively. He's been a doctor far longer than the other residents and he shouldn't be treated like a greenhorn for wanting to save someone's life. Of course, I'd expect a full-grown doctor to be a little more level-headed but the plot was supposed to show the power imbalance between them; an imbalance that just shouldn't be there. 

I feel for Arizona. Callie's just so full of herself. She has little to no regard for other people's feelings. 

The Japril divorce happened over hurt feelings, which happened over a deep trauma of losing their son. There is room for reconciliation, they just had to clear the air, take a step back and start over new. I think both are slowly on their way to healing. There's still hope for them.

• Upvote 3

@RabbitKM I am pretty sure Arizona adopted Sofia. I think there was a scene when she was a baby where Arizona said she wanted to make sure Sofia was legally hers. I could be imagining that though! But if she did adopt her she would have all the rights of a biological parent. Not sure how Callie thinks Arizona will be a-okay with her taking Sofia to another state. Arizona has raised Sofia just as much as Callie has, she should fight for her.

I really think they are going to reconcile Jackson and April. Just a feeling I have.

Edited by Yes, TOTALLY
a word
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

@RabbitKM I am pretty sure Arizona adopted Sofia. I think there was a scene when she was a baby where Arizona said she wanted to make sure Sofia was legally hers. I could be imagining that though! But if she did adopt her she would have all the rights of a biological parent. Not sure how Callie thinks Arizona will be a-okay with her taking Sofia to another state. Arizona has raised Sofia just as much as Callie has, she should fight for her.

I really think they are going to reconcile Jackson and April. Just a feeling I have.

I agree, I'm also pretty sure Arizona legally adopted Sofia. I also agree that it's nuts for Callie to just decide to take her to the opposite side of the country on a whim, without even discussing it with Arizona first. But since when has it ever been a good idea to just willy-nilly sue your ex-partner for custody rather than, you know, actually talk to them like a sane person? It's not even like they weren't on speaking terms or whatever. So annoying.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I agree, I'm also pretty sure Arizona legally adopted Sofia. I also agree that it's nuts for Callie to just decide to take her to the opposite side of the country on a whim, without even discussing it with Arizona first. But since when has it ever been a good idea to just willy-nilly sue your ex-partner for custody rather than, you know, actually talk to them like a sane person? It's not even like they weren't on speaking terms or whatever. So annoying.

Yeah, the suing for custody thing was clearly for the dramatic moment. In real life she would have sat down with Callie and confronted her, or even better, Callie would have discussed her planned move with Arizona  and how they could have arranged how to both be involved in Sofia's life. Callie is thinking 100% of Callie in this situation. She's not even thinking of Sofia. Arizona has always been in Sofia's life, she is one of her primary caregivers and Callie can't expect that Sofia will just replace Arizona with Penny. 

So a friend and I were talking after this episode and she has an interesting theory. I would like to get your input on it. She has a feeling Shondra is going to kill April off during child birth. Her reasoning for this theory is: They are doing episodes of family togetherness ie Meredith and Maggie getting closer as siblings. She is bring April and Jackson back to where they started and they are starting to become like a family. The main reason for the theory in her opinion is no one in this show gets a happy ending. I just wonder what you all think about this....

I hope she is wrong but I don't know I don't trust anything in this show because no one is safe from being killed off :ABON:

7 minutes ago, Diggingupdirt said:

So a friend and I were talking after this episode and she has an interesting theory. I would like to get your input on it. She has a feeling Shondra is going to kill April off during child birth. Her reasoning for this theory is: They are doing episodes of family togetherness ie Meredith and Maggie getting closer as siblings. She is bring April and Jackson back to where they started and they are starting to become like a family. The main reason for the theory in her opinion is no one in this show gets a happy ending. I just wonder what you all think about this....

I hope she is wrong but I don't know I don't trust anything in this show because no one is safe from being killed off :ABON:

Oh my Lord, this sounds terrible but oh so possible. I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks for ruining my happy bubble LOL ;) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pretzel said:

Oh my Lord, this sounds terrible but oh so possible. I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks for ruining my happy bubble LOL ;) 

no problem :pb_lol:.

My friend ruined my happy bubble as well. So i felt the need to share the wealth! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Diggingupdirt said:

no problem :pb_lol:.

My friend ruined my happy bubble as well. So i felt the need to share the wealth! :pb_lol:

That is very generous and sisterly of you. Meredith Grey would approve :pb_lol: I guess it was an accident and you didn't mean to. 

I just finished watching last nights episode and thought it was one of the better ones of the season. Like I said, Ben's been a doctor for ages. He's had 7 (?) years in anesthesiology. He's made a fatal but under the circumstances understandable mistake and the panel -set up by Queen Bailey herself- came to the exact same conclusion. There's no need to keep him from working back in anesthesiology where he's proven to be excellent and as I said, it's all about the power imbalances in the Bailey-Warren department. 

Now that I've been thrown off cloud nine I'm pretty sure something is bound to happen. It's either going to be J'april or Callie vs. Arizona. I could see some parental kidnapping happening, for instance. 

I'm deadly tired of the Hunt vs. Riggs plot. I thought this story was going to be interesting, at least evolve over the season, bring about some fire. All it does is bore me to unconsciousness. 

I might be bursting someone else's bubble too, but I have a feeling that Amelia is going to end up with Riggs. Riggs has something very sturdy about him, something very natural and he's not quite the hothead like Hunt. 

Edited by Pretzel
clarity
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Diggingupdirt said:

OMG what a horrible thought!!! I refuse to believe this or give this any further thought lol

That scene with Maggie yelling at the babysitter was so weird.  I thought she was going to have some storyline about being shot as a child or something, but then she was just sad about loving Meredith's kids.  

• Upvote 1

No. No no no nonononononono. Nope. Not okay. It will never be okay again. :crying-yellow:

Three guesses as to which episode I just watched, and the first two don't count.

On 4/29/2016 at 1:48 AM, OddlyAmused said:

No. No no no nonononononono. Nope. Not okay. It will never be okay again. :crying-yellow:

Three guesses as to which episode I just watched, and the first two don't count.

I feel like I can't guess cuz what if I spoil something later?

13 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

I feel like I can't guess cuz what if I spoil something later?

End of season 11.

@Pretzel, I agree that Riggs and Amelia make more sense than Owen and Amelia. Owen tends to use alcohol in an unhealthy way and has his own PTSD type issues. Amelia needs someone more even-keeled. We don't really 'know' Riggs that well yet, but he does seem to be a bit more emotionally stable than Owen. And god knows Shonda likes a love triangle.

Edited by Yes, TOTALLY
clarity

Just finished watching the latest episode and I'm less than impressed. Not so much with the outcome because that's basically what I was rooting for, but because #predictable #lame. 

mild spoiler ahead: I'm aware that there's always exceptions to the rules and I'm talking TV here not RL, but I just can't comprehend how one could ever attribute the same importance to their lover of a few months as they do to their child. I do think the child's well-being and safety should always be the top-priority for any parent or adult caregiver involved in a child's life. As regards GA I don't think Callie has made Sophia her top-priority since Penny entered the picture and I'm glad Arizona got custody.

• Upvote 3

I'm super pleased Arizona got custody, it was the right thing. If Callie wants to move, Callie should give up having Sofia. Why punish Arizona for Callie's impulsive choice to go to New York with a woman that Sofia barely even knows. I don't know that Callie will actually go through with the move now though.

• Upvote 2

Much Ado about a predictable outcome.  And it was presented in such a way that I felt zero sympathy for Callie at the end.

@Yes, TOTALLY @clueliss Totally agree. I don't have the tiniest bit of pity left for Callie, either. The last scene was also just so weird. She's obviously devastated that she's lost custody of her biological daughter, but she was willing to drag her kid to the other side of the country for a woman she barely even knows. It wasn't Penny's fault that she lost custody but when she lost the trial Callie projected her anger on her. How she brushed off Penny's hand at the end was quite telling. Penny's the woman Callie would have dropped everything in a heartbeat but she couldn't even take refuge in her. Not quite the relationship that would have convinced the judge to decide in Callie's favor, huh? Like the lawyer said, the judge is a smart woman and she knew the truth when she heard it. 

It was Callie's own decision to just decide over other people's heads and do as she pleased without considering that she'd hurt both Arizona and Sofia. She's made her bed, I'll enjoy watching her having to lie in it.

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1

I agree with all of you.  I couldn't understand why Callie was basically asking Sofia to enter in a long-distance relationship with her own mother, but Callie wasn't willing to be in a long-distance relationship with Penny.  I mean, really girl, it would not be that hard to be in an LDR with Penny for one year.  Rather than screw up Sofia's world, get a hold of yourself!  I wonder what will happen next for them.  I don't see Callie moving to NYC with out her daughter.. so will she break up with Penny?