IGNORED

Grey's Anatomy

RabbitKM

I have watched Greys since the first episode. Used to love it and look forward to watching it. Haven't  loved it for years but I do still watch it. I sometimes wonder why I have such a grim determination to see it through to the end but then every once in a while there is an episode that I really enjoy and I get my hopes up that it will return to the show I used to love. Those hopes are dashed very quickly.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Loved Grey's was my favorite programme  ever up till Cristina left, still watch it and was gutted when Callie left as well. We have only just got the new season on tv and I am ever hopeful that it will recapture what made it so special in seasons 1-11! 

• Upvote 2

Did the 300th episode make anyone else cry? Or just me? It was so good! Best episode in awhile and I loved every. single. second.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I got a bit misty at the end of the episode.  

The fire nonsense has got to end.  

Bailey made a really good point about him getting bored. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

@clueliss @Hufflepuffpride Yep, I cried too. Not as much when Meredith won the award but rather when Zola and Maggie cried together. I was annoyed by Maggie when she first entered the show, but I like how human and caring and gentle she is compared to the Meredith of the earlier seasons, or Ellis Grey herself. Zola and Maggie were adorable together. I especially liked how excited they were for Mer. I loved Jackson's speech, it was fantastic. 

I think it's safe to say I loved every second on this episode. 

• Upvote 2

I loved the episode too although It made me miss George , Cristina and Izzy. I wondered if I would enjoy all the episodes more if they were still on it.

13 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

I loved the episode too although It made me miss George , Cristina and Izzy. I wondered if I would enjoy all the episodes more if they were still on it.

I wouldn't. I couldn't stand Izzie, George fell on my last nerve (though his ending was really, really sad), and Cristina annoyed me because of her sham of a marriage to Owen. They were never on the same page, they had nothing in common. 

I know this is merely a TV show, the characters are all fiction, but still, Meredith is my heroine. Everything that was said about her is true. She takes loss, and turns it into drive. And that, as a philosophy or a principle, is a great lesson to learn in life. Meredith always gets back on her horse and rides on. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I loved Cristina, I did not necessarily love her with Owen.  

Although, at the beginning it was amazing. Cristina really saved Owen. I think Owen was what she needed after Burke. Ugh Burke, he was not good for her at all. 

• I Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Anybody else watch last nights episode ? I thought it was well done and I had tears in my eyes a few times. Jo has never been my favourite character but I thought the writing and acting was understated and affecting. 

I thought it was really well done, @Botkinetti. I also liked the title, which is the number of the national domestic violence hotline. I saw a clip of Camilla Luddington(Jo) promoting the hotline for people in need in a clip on facebook (I think it was on ABC's FB page) and thought that was a great thing to do. 

I am very pleased with this season. It's getting better by the minute and the acting is continuously excellent. Some people criticize Shonda for making this season too political by addressing social and cultural issues, but given there are still so many sexist, conservative and patriarchal TV shows on air, I am all for making a step into the right direction. 

I'm excited to see how the whole Jo/Alex/abusive ex/fiancé drama is going to play out. There's quite some gaslighting happening and it'll be interesting to see if Jo manages to come out of it safe and sane. 

A great deal of people really hate the Jackson/Maggie thing. I can't say I care too much at this point, but I don't think it's the worst couple ever. People's dislike goes so far that they call Maggie "ugly and disgusting", and in doing so insulting Kelly McCreary. It boggles the mind how people just can't keep RL and fiction apart or state an opinion without being racist, misogynist pricks. 

I think Maggie is a really sweet, quirky, caring, fun, and ingenuous character and if they were real, I see no reason why they shouldn't be together. Because her biological father, whom she hadn't known for most of her life, married his mother when both "children" were well in their 30s? Seriously? That is not incest, it's just a weird coincidence. Not buying the incest argument. People are digging Jackson and April so much but IMHO it's been established well enough that they have very different ideas of life and quite the diverging personalities. Maggie and Jackson, OTOH, have very subtle chemistry on the basis of sharing the same humor, passions, and just getting along without having entire world views clash. 

On that note, I think April will end up with Hunt. I've interpreted the mutual breathing bag moment as foreshadowing of what is to come between those two. The same things I see in Jackson and Maggie I see in Owen and April. They would make a great couple simply on the basis of being passionate about the same things, sharing the same values, having similar concepts of life, love, faithfulness, and marriage, and both are really into trauma and being 'hardcore'. 

I get that most people find April and Jackson's love story endearing. He's her first love and lover and she's his polar opposite and that makes it seem romantic. In reality, though, those two have the potential to drive each other up a wall, and funnily enough, this is what happened in the show, too. If people just can't work out a way to deal with each other's differing values and ideas of life, they gotta admit it's better to separate and find someone with whom a harmonious relationship is possible. That is exactly what happened on screen and I do like that evolvement. 

Last but not least, the whole nerdy IT-doctor-computer-hacking thing reminded me of NCIS and I found it completely over the top, but then again, what isn't in the world of Grey's? Glad to have powerful Bailey back. 

• Upvote 2

@Pretzel I agree with all your points. I too don’t understand the hate about Jackson and Maggie. There have been so many worse couples.

Camilla Luddington had a clip that ran at the end of the episode. I watch Grey’s on regular tv. I assume it was the same clip. 

• I Agree 1

I am a huge Jackson/April fan, so I dont like the Jackson and Maggie pairing. I think they have no chemistry, and it's weird how they keep trying to hammer over our heads how their paths crossed while in Boston.  Meanwhile, they keep emphasizing Jackson's wealth for some reason, which is also getting tiring. I'm surprised that Maggie turned him down for drinks at the end, but I guess we'll see where this goes.

I like the new interns! They are fun and bring a fresh component to the show. I hope we get to learn more about them. 

• Upvote 2

So, I cried for like half of this episode. Great acting and I like how they approached both the domestic violence and the police brutality story lines.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed this episode. Jo’s hysterical laughter at realizing she was in control and her decision on what to do. The death of the child . Jackson’s suppressed anger and April’s growing horror of what her daughter will face. The heart breaking necessity of the instructions Bailey and her husband gave to Tuck. All of them were well done and affecting.I hope this trend of excellent writing continues.

• Upvote 3

I like everything except being hit over the head multiple times about the fire house spin off.

• I Agree 1

Huh--I didn't get hit on the head enough.  Didn't realize they were building up to a spin off!  "Station 19,"  I honestly hadn't heard.

"The Talk" to Tucker actually made my cry.  My teenage son has a very racially diverse group of friends, and I often think about how they are all being perceived as they walk all through the neighborhood.   I wonder if it is different when my (white) son is with them versus not. My son wouldn't get shot if he were climbing in a window---would they? One of the top factors in choosing our home was that it is in a diverse neighborhood. But I still believe that their experience is different than my son's.  After the Trayvon Martin shooting, I remember our sweet friend/neighbor being told by his mother that he could no longer wear his hoodie over his head while outside.  He was 11 or 12 at the time (but looked MUCH older---just a big sized kid.)

I was a Jackson/April fan, too---but I think this last episode or two got me over it.  I really like the April character and how she has developed over the years.  I guess I was rooting for them because it is what she wanted.  But now, I think I can move on.

I agree with a previous poster---I'd like to explore an April/Owen relationship.

Yes, I realize these are fictional characters.  :my_smile:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel for April losing her faith and going downhill, The saddest thing is that no one seems to notice.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I feel for April losing her faith and going downhill, The saddest thing is that no one seems to notice.

I find that plot twist extremely interesting and I'm totally excited to see how that'll play out. Many people were very frustrated with that turn of events, at least from what I could see on ABC's facebook. Apparently, Sarah Drew's character is very popular among fans because of her unshakeable faith and apart from the in-love-with-Jesus phase, I thought it was very refreshing to see a character on TV that unites faith with science. I am sure April will fall and then rise again. It would be too easy to just have her lose her faith and move from there. She'll find her way back on her feet, but I hope it won't go unnoticed. So many of her colleagues fail her all the time. April is one of the most hardcore characters on that show and I feel like she always gets overlooked. The other doctors on that show use her to get ahead all the time and she remains the ugly duckling who's secretly a badass. I was never that into the whole J'April thing. Jackson seems so selfish and too absorbed by his own inferiority complex and he never 'sees' April. I think there's an April and Owen relationship in the works, and after all, Owen is the only one who always looked out for her. They're both very understated 'hands-on' people and think they're a really good fit. //Disclaimer: Yes, I do realize it's just a show. 

Also great to see Meredith making a mistake for once. She's a genius, but a dorky one. That patent thing is gonna bite her in the back. And I like seeing her work together with Jo. Jo is obv in the run for next Bailey (lol) but I think she still needs to up her game with the interns. 

Btw, I really love the current interns. They're all a breath of fresh air. I like the diversity of their characters. There's something funny and interesting about all of them. 

I know you all get tired of my being repetitive but I am loving this season! Not so excited for this week's episode as it's gonna be about that Station 19 crap and I couldn't care less.

• Upvote 1

April is amazing. I hope good things start to happen for her. You're right, she does get shit on a lot. 

She is flawed, and that is okay! 

Personally I'm team Japril.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

WTF, Sarah Drew and Jessica Capshaw are leaving (have to leave?) the show. The way it sounds on the internet is that Shonda wrote them out of the show and told them just recently. BUMMER! Way to ruin this show for me, Shonda.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Just saw the big news about the exits (spoiler above).  Dang.  About the only two left that I still like.  I don't think I will continue to watch.  I hope that at least they get to go on good terms, story wise, and not hit by a bus, killed in a plane crash, or something horrible.

• I Agree 2
  • Love 1