IGNORED

Erika Shupe *glower pout* Large Families on Purpose Part 5

keen23

The Todd McCaffery books aren't NEARLY as good as Anne's. The only further story I'm interested in is what happens to Pern AFTER the end of Thread...

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! A sequel to All the Skies of Pern - how do the dragons use their new skill of telekinesis? How do dragons and riders adapt to life without Thread? I'd love a book set in that time:tw_grin:

At the end of All the Weyrs...I think they were 20 turns into the Pass. What happens after the end of the final Pass? What do Morilton, Fandarel, and the other "new" Craftmasters do? Do all the Weyrs move to Southern? Is Landing set up as a Harper Hall?  GAH!!! SOOOOO many questions!!! What else does F'lessan find at Honshu? Can the shipfish find what was lost when the settlers moved north? What is stashed in the northern Weyrs and Holds? Are they ever visited by earth again? 

Good grief...

36 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

Okay, that settles it: Giving Pern another try. :)

So reading us Pern geeks helped? 

On 2/27/2016 at 5:23 PM, mango_fandango said:

With that whole romance novels thing, most girls aren't that stupid and can separate fact from fiction. Only girls like hers, raised without contact with non-family boys, would probably be affected by romance novel plotlines;

Ah, don't you go off forgetting that her yoga pants will turn her sons on too!

33 minutes ago, Jingerbread said:

I forgot about that! :pb_confused: *barf"

20 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

@jingerbread Damn you! I had managed to forget that!

*runs away screaming*

*dons cap* My work here is done. *beams*

*cap back off*  Her latest blog recycle-post is about books, and what she recommends.  Of course she only recommends Christian books with NO ROMANCE, go that?  NO FUCKING ROMANCE.  Because she doesn't want to teach her kids critical thinking.  Better to let them think they'll have god-powers or something.  And she recommends the Elsie Dinsmore books, and some commenters have warnings about them.  One commenter left a link, which sent me on a chase for a 4-year-old blog post that's not where it was, and I have to say that I, an atheist, agree 100% with the Christian reviewer.  http://kofcompany.com/butterandhoney/elsie-dinsmore-an-enigma/  There are even some points I hadn't thought about and I have some thoughts she didn't touch on, but for what's there, she did a great job describing some of the major, major issues.

*cap back on* *beams* *skips off*

1 hour ago, Jingerbread said:

However, form fitting "sweat pants skirts" are totally fine.  I'm assuming (heh. ass) it's because their erotic powers are more precisely targeted?  

Fundie rules read like a poorly thought-out 7th grade creative writing assignment.

2 hours ago, Rubaiyat said:

However, form fitting "sweat pants skirts" are totally fine.  I'm assuming (heh. ass) it's because their erotic powers are more precisely targeted?  

Fundie rules read like a poorly thought-out 7th grade creative writing assignment.

It's all about that crotch area, Rubaiyat. All about that crotch area, don't you understand?!?

My most hated word in the whole world is 'moist'. Makes me curl up in a ball with the squickiness:tw_confounded:

But I agree that crotch is also an awful word (I personally prefer 'fun zone'). And if anyone combines moist and crotch in the same sentence you'll be pretty much guaranteeing I leave and never come back... 

:for_your_information:

8 hours ago, JillyO said:

It's all about that crotch area, Rubaiyat. All about that crotch area, don't you understand?!?

I am an avid pants wearer.  For the most part, I think people can get over themselves about trousers drawing attention to the crotch.

That said, however, I was in a church a few years ago where a "healthy" but not obese college girl was singing on the platform with some other singers leading worship.  Of course, per missionary extraordinaire John, it was the wrong kind of worship.  Anyway, this girl had on jeans that were too tight for her figure.  I kid you not--you could see the outline and size of her labia, the jeans were THAT tight, cutting into her crotch.  I was really embarrassed for her.  In that particular circumstance, that's where the eyes tended to look, especially because she was on an elevated platform.

I still don't get the obsession with the crotch. It isn't sexy. Most men I've known don't care about the crotch. They care about T&A. 

Men get aroused by figures, voices, hair, feet, etc etc. In Saudi Arabia where women are legally required to wear tents whenever they're out and about men get aroused by the sound of their footsteps and by their perfumes - presumable because that's the only things they can be identified by in the absence of a shape or face.

Rather than covering up compulsively, just teach your sons to act like grown-ups and your daughters to knee men in the balls if the need arises.

Aaaand now I have the words "moist crotch" going through my head.  Thaaaanks, everybody.

(and if any of you have played the Dragon Age series and have visited the Black Emporium - in Xenon's voice.)

1 hour ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I am an avid pants wearer.  For the most part, I think people can get over themselves about trousers drawing attention to the crotch.

That said, however, I was in a church a few years ago where a "healthy" but not obese college girl was singing on the platform with some other singers leading worship.  Of course, per missionary extraordinaire John, it was the wrong kind of worship.  Anyway, this girl had on jeans that were too tight for her figure.  I kid you not--you could see the outline and size of her labia, the jeans were THAT tight, cutting into her crotch.  I was really embarrassed for her.  In that particular circumstance, that's where the eyes tended to look, especially because she was on an elevated platform.

Yeah, it's a thing. Google cameltoe if you're in the mood for some more visuals. :D

I doubt most men get aroused by it though...

11 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Yeah, it's a thing. Google cameltoe if you're in the mood for some more visuals. :D

I doubt most men get aroused by it though...

Well, paint me stupefied and naive.:pearlclutching:

I gotta say, while I don't like most of the restrictive standards of modesty imposed on Muslim women who are allowed to wear pants, I do appreciate the long tops/tunics I've seen the women wear to cover their hips and naughty bits.  I've seen some very fashionable tunics, in fact.

1 hour ago, BullsChargers said:

Aaaand now I have the words "moist crotch" going through my head.  Thaaaanks, everybody.

(and if any of you have played the Dragon Age series and have visited the Black Emporium - in Xenon's voice.)

44 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

"Moist crotch" --- pardon me while I go sterile myself now...

AAAAARRRRRRGH!!!!!!!

Had to go there, didntcha?? Well that's my cue to leave... :dramallama-nanner:

8 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

My most hated word in the whole world is 'moist'. Makes me curl up in a ball with the squickiness:tw_confounded:

But I agree that crotch is also an awful word (I personally prefer 'fun zone'). And if anyone combines moist and crotch in the same sentence you'll be pretty much guaranteeing I leave and never come back... 

:for_your_information:

Add in panties and you have my 'forbidden triad' of words. Yikes. :pb_confused:

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived