IGNORED

Bates Family Part 8

Coconut Flan

A few things cuz I just caught up.

I've been to many Jewish weddings with modest(er) dresses. I'm in love with the lace sleeves, kinda what Nicki Hilton wore. It's so beautiful. Not frumpy and it doesn't look like someone sewed a t shirt underneath. Jessas dress was lovely. I really liked that it wasn't low cut but she didn't look like she was wrapped in taffeta. 

I kinda think Chad is very attractive :leghumper:.

And finally something about Michael just bothers me. She just seems like she thinks shes holier than everyone else. She gives off an aura of catty. IDK just something about her that pisses me off. I don't get it from the other girls.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Bates and Duggar girls had their eye on some fundie hunk, only to have him select one of her sisters or someone in the other family.  Must be a fine line between being the perfect fundie girl who doesn't chase men and feeling the need to demurely get a guy's attention before he goes for someone else.

I've always had the feeling, a persistent hunch, that Jana wanted Chad.  No way of knowing, of course.

The odds of it happening at some point are pretty good with that many siblings.

My great-grandmother married my great-grandfather in 1913. While they had been getting to know each other, often in a group with her siblings fundie-style, her younger sister got the idea that he was really interested in her. But then my great-grandparents basically eloped, sister was heartbroken, never married, and came to live with the family in her middle age. By that time, the husband had passed away, though. Sister ended up outliving them all, traveling all over the US, and finally died in 1984 at around 90. She was everyone's favorite curmudgeonly aunt and great-aunt. (I was partially named for her.)

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I think you are onto something.   I think the combination of Joshgate 1.0 and Jim Bob (and his controlling actions) make them toxic/damaged goods in ATI circles.  The last time a Duggar married ATI, they were far less well-known and the Kellers were not exactly ATI royalty (I think the Duggars elevated them).   I just don't think the girls were getting many suitors within ATI (hence Jill and Jessa marrying out of it) because of their reputation.

That said, there's a big 'Watch this space' with Joy.  Something tells me she'll end up marrying a Bates boy (Lawson or Trace) or at least pursuing one.  Whether JB lets her go or not is the $10,000 question.

I think Jim Boob is more likely to let her go with a Bates boy than anyone else as he might see it as a way to get himself back on tv. As for Joy I thought there was quite a lot of adoring looks on her part in the Blue Christmas video.

6 hours ago, just...sare said:

I thought Alyssa showing up clearly pregnant without warning Erin first was careless at best, heartless at worst. It's not like she didn't know about Erin's struggles.

How on earth do you possibly know that?

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I think the Duggar girls will have problems finding husbands in fundy land, not because of Josh's multiple actions, but because of Jim Bob. I think many men would be turned off if the only way to marry a girl is to agree to turn your life, and the life of your family over, over to her father. Any guy worth anything is going to run in the opposite direction. Who wants their father-in-law to be the head of their own household? Why go through all that for one of the Duggar girls, whom you likely barely know and won't really get to know until after you get married? Then you are stuck. It's not worth it. 

I think you are onto something.   I think the combination of Joshgate 1.0 and Jim Bob (and his controlling actions) make them toxic/damaged goods in ATI circles.  The last time a Duggar married ATI, they were far less well-known and the Kellers were not exactly ATI royalty (I think the Duggars elevated them).   I just don't think the girls were getting many suitors within ATI (hence Jill and Jessa marrying out of it) because of their reputation.

That said, there's a big 'Watch this space' with Joy.  Something tells me she'll end up marrying a Bates boy (Lawson or Trace) or at least pursuing one.  Whether JB lets her go or not is the $10,000 question.

Ben and Derick did not give their lives over to their father-in-law. Derick talked about doing missionary before he was married to Jill. The consensus here was that JB would never let him take Jill( and Israel) out of Arkansas. Ben completed his associate dregree while filming "19 Kids and Counting". There are pages and pages of comments here that accused JB of forcing Ben to quit school. He is now pursuing a careeer as a preacher. I hope he is serious about finding a seminary school. JB didn't force Ben and Derick to do anything. They loved being on reality tv. 

I don't think they remaining kids will have a hard time findind a spouse, even in fundyland(btw, Jessa did marry a fundie.Ben's family is/was VF) You realy think fundies are that bothered by Josh's scandals? You think JB "controlling" behaviour is a problem in fundieland? I'm sure some fundie family would love it if one of their children married a Duggar. I don't see why it's a big deal that the Duggar spouses aren't "fundie royalty". The Bates situation is rare. I think that Bates wanted their kids to marry "fundie royalty"

Also, If Joy marries Lawson, I'm 99% sure she would move to TN.

9 hours ago, just...sare said:

Michaela seemed to be head over heels smitten with Brandon from the moment she laid eyes on him, which makes me wonder if fundies' gaydar is broken.

For some of these fundie girls I think a more feminine guy is a sexually unthreatening guy. I mean they have NO experience with men before they get basically engaged and then married soon after. A big burly man is going to scare the shit out of most of them I think.

Cute photo of Bradley, Carson and Lawson.

Lawson getting a beauty treatment. Really surprised he posted this.

The Bates did local TV this morning.

Link to video (4:03 minutes):

http://www.wbir.com/news/bringing-up-bates/28868940

Did the host get Carlin's name wrong?

Lawson is not in a relationship so it is hard for him to write love songs.

He's good at writing breakup songs according to one of the girls. (She says it off camera).

Cameras are around them three to four days a week filming.

Nathan says that sometimes it gets a little intense (regarding the filming)

The song that he sang at Michael's wedding is the song that he is releasing on Thursday.

Jeb is 4 today.

Chad is really dressed up.

Michael and Brandon are still in Chicago.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Bates and Duggar girls had their eye on some fundie hunk, only to have him select one of her sisters or someone in the other family.  Must be a fine line between being the perfect fundie girl who doesn't chase men and feeling the need to demurely get a guy's attention before he goes for someone else.

I've always had the feeling, a persistent hunch, that Jana wanted Chad.  No way of knowing, of course.

I don't know why I thought the same thing too. Like she prayed for him and just accepted it as gods will. I don't have any evidence to this speculation whatsoever. But I doubt Erin would be petty enough to have Jana help her get ready for the wedding and pray with her before she goes inside. So I'm guessing Jana has the hots for someone and praying for him like Michael and prissy did. 

I wonder who is going to land the guy who is always with Ashley. I don't remember his name but his sister looks like Michael and was in Jessas wedding. 

[\quote]

That guy is Skylar Weiss and his sister is Peyton. I am just waiting for someone in that family to start courting someone else we know.

I've been shipping Jana and Skylar since the dawn of time. Don't know much about Skylar's personality, really, but they look like they would make a cute couple. Imagine if they were Erin & Chad 2.0? :D

They're really trying to tease us for this Thursday aren't they? Makes me wonder if there might actually be some real news besides just Lawson releasing a single.

They're really trying to tease us for this Thursday aren't they? Makes me wonder if there might actually be some real news besides just Lawson releasing a single.

Well, Alyssa still hasn't announced. But I have a feeling it will be Michael.

@freethemall, this is totally off topic, but I just love your avatar, especially in combination with your post count :pb_lol:

31 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

@freethemall, this is totally off topic, but I just love your avatar, especially in combination with your post count :pb_lol:

Hah thanks, it does seem that the kitty is partaking of hell's cocktail....

37 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Well, Alyssa still hasn't announced. But I have a feeling it will be Michael.

But they did say it's Lawson who has an announcement - unless they'll do some kind of silly thing where Lawson announces for one of his siblings. Now that's manipulative AF!

14 hours ago, twinmama said:

For some of these fundie girls I think a more feminine guy is a sexually unthreatening guy. I mean they have NO experience with men before they get basically engaged and then married soon after. A big burly man is going to scare the shit out of most of them I think.

The case of Priscilla and David. Cuz my gaydar is one it's highest level with David. But Jesus.

23 hours ago, singsingsing said:

There are four sets of married Bates couples: Zach and Whitney, Michael and Brandon, Erin and Chad, and Alyssa and John. Of these couples, two (Michael & Brandon and Alyssa & John) don't live nearby.

There are three sets of married Duggar couples: Josh and Anna, Jill and Derick, and Jessa and Ben. Of these three couples, two (Josh & Anna and Jill & Derick) have lived or do live far away. As far as we know, Jill and Derick are still in Central America, and we have no idea what their long term plans are. Anna only returned from D.C. because of the scandal. 

I'd say they're pretty even. Jessa and Jill also both married outside of ATI, whereas every single Bates so far except for Zach has married within the cult.

IMO, how they live/support themselves is an important indicator of gauging independence, even beyond  where they settle geographically.

For the Bates couples (Don't watch, so don't really know), how many are 100% reliant on Gil or the  show for financial support? Is any individual employed outside the boundaries of the cult?

Now compare that to the Duggar couples.

IMO, there is a difference.

I'm confused.. so they say L has an announcement on thursday, but we think it's the song, that is basically already announced? what?

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

For the Bates couples (Don't watch, so don't really know), how many are 100% reliant on Gil or the  show for financial support? Is any individual employed outside the boundaries of the cult?

John/Alyssa-- he repairs air conditioners.  In FL it is most likely a business in high demand.  

Zach/Whitney-- He's a cop

Chad/Erin--- not sure what he does, but she has 2-3 recorded albums (royalties) and teaches piano lessons

Brandon/Michaela-- He works for ATI.  She was a nanny before marriage but I'm not sure she has kids she watches in Chicago.

Duggars

Josh/Anna-- He (poorly) ran a used car lot before moving onto FRC (due to his celebrity).  Only lost the job in scandal

Jill/Derick-- He had a job before marriage and kept it for awhile.  Not sure if he quit or was fired from Walmart.  

Jessa/Ben--- Other than being JB's lawn boy, I'm not sure how Ben financially supports the family.  He gave up his job to become a Duggar and hasn't looked back.

I've been attempting to get through the clip show from last week and keep getting reminded how boring it was the first time around. 

John/Alyssa-- he repairs air conditioners.  In FL it is most likely a business in high demand.  

Chad/Erin--- not sure what he does, but she has 2-3 recorded albums (royalties) and teaches piano lessons

Brandon/Michaela-- He works for ATI.  She was a nanny before marriage but I'm not sure she has kids she watches in Chicago.

Duggars

Josh/Anna-- He (poorly) ran a used car lot before moving onto FRC (due to his celebrity).  Only lost the job in scandal

Jill/Derick-- He had a job before marriage and kept it for awhile.  Not sure if he quit or was fired from Walmart.  

Jessa/Ben--- Other than being JB's lawn boy, I'm not sure how Ben financially supports the family.  He gave up his job to become a Duggar and hasn't looked back.

John's AC job is in his families business. 

Chad reportedly works for a metal fabrication business, but does woodworking on the side and it has been hinted that he might start his own wood working business or something like that.  If he did, that would fit right into the "fundie ideals" of working for ones self. 

Duggars

Also, in their bio in the bates web they mention John and Alyssa also clean commercial buildings as a side job.

3 hours ago, doubleT said:

John's AC job is in his families business. 

Chad reportedly works for a metal fabrication business, but does woodworking on the side and it has been hinted that he might start his own wood working business or something like that.  If he did, that would fit right into the "fundie ideals" of working for ones self. 

Do we know if John is really a HVAC or HVAC/R tech or is he just a sheet metal guy?  He would have had to vo-tech for HVAC or HVAC/R because it requires federal licenses.  Bending sheet metal doesn't.  Now, I'm not short changing John, making runs is hard work but doesn't take the further education that a tech job has.  I'd also be curious to know what the laws in the area are as far as what level you have to be.  My husband has the R which stands for refrigeration (commercial) and is required to have higher certs than the guys who don't carry the R. 

3 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

03e457c08fa16062431b25223b59eddb.jpg0dacb011c801fc50930b9996d461337e.jpg

Where in the name of all that is holy is this child's giant flower headband????? 

Maybe Alyssa isn't preggers? I have heard (anecdotally) hair coloring is not recommended for women who are expecting.

7 minutes ago, Peas n carrots said:

Maybe Alyssa isn't preggers? I have heard (anecdotally) hair coloring is not recommended for women who are expecting.

She uses foils for those highlights, so color doesn't touch the scalp in that process. Not as much of a risk as a process that does, like an all over color, where chemicals would be absorbed through the scalp. I can't speak to what's medically sound, but I can speak to the technical aspects of hair coloring.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived