Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24788

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25345

Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26562

Part 4: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24178-bates-family-part-4/?page=1

Part 5: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24837-bates-family-part-5/?page=1

Part 6:

Part 7:

Archive: viewforum.php?f=101

The Bates parents are grifters who are implicated in a lawsuit for covering up the abuse and assault of women and teenage girls.  Whitney is pregnant.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't put it past the Bates to say he's single even if he was in the 'get to know you'/special friend phase. After Zach's failed courtship they may be more reticent about mentioning it. We may only find out about courtships out when they're pretty much a done thing.

I'm pretty sure he's just advertising for the wedding episode and trying to grift some attention for himself while he's at it. Let's not give it to him. 

I agree he's probably stirring us up and it is either the wedding episode or an album/song but I also think that when/if the day comes when he's courting they're won't be any indication. Partially their own reticence and partially because he's such a media whore.

I've often wondered if Kelly was encouraged by the producers to say that she couldn't name all their kids thinking it would be a funny moment for the show especially if they followed with Gil being able to name them all.  

This was from the other thread by OrangCat. This wasn't for the show. It was in an interview a long time ago about their large family. The reporter is talking about all the kids, asks Kelly to tell him their names and she declines and lets Gil do it. This wasn't a funny plot line or anything like that. It was a serious interview about how they cared for and raised their many children and it did not seem like the reporter was expecting her to answer like that. Like I said earlier, I think if you had them in front of her she could name them, but she risks forgetting a couple if she doesn't have a face to put with the name. There is no real good excuse for her to pass that question off to Gil, it should be a question so easy she could answer it without thinking. I really think she was being honest and Gil can remember all their names better than she can. 

And yeah, there is no courtship for Lawson, he has just become their reality TV darling and he is playing it up for the show. 

I find the last post from Ihart1001 funny. "Next bachelor?" Could you imagine if UP did a bachelor series under the strict fundie courtship standards? The difference would be 10 men kidadults, and 10 women kidadults working to pair up with no touching and with chaperones and do character tests. I think that would shine some light on what gotheradism is all about :) 

IG Bates.png

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This was from the other thread by OrangCat. This wasn't for the show. It was in an interview a long time ago about their large family. The reporter is talking about all the kids, asks Kelly to tell him their names and she declines and lets Gil do it. This wasn't a funny plot line or anything like that. It was a serious interview about how they cared for and raised their many children and it did not seem like the reporter was expecting her to answer like that. Like I said earlier, I think if you had them in front of her she could name them, but she risks forgetting a couple if she doesn't have a face to put with the name. There is no real good excuse for her to pass that question off to Gil, it should be a question so easy she could answer it without thinking. I really think she was being honest and Gil can remember all their names better than she can. 

And yeah, there is no courtship for Lawson, he has just become their reality TV darling and he is playing it up for the show. 

I must be misremembering it then, I was sure it was something that happened in their first show and not an interview.  

21 minutes ago, OrangeCat said:

I must be misremembering it then, I was sure it was something that happened in their first show and not an interview.  

I think they might have tried to turn it into a joke on their show, and that probably explains the different reactions people are having. Kelly and Gil are good at trying to smooth away the things they got criticized for and she did get criticized for that interview where she wouldn't even try to list the names of all her kids. This was before she had to remember 19 names.  Kind of like after years of getting criticism for their "patriot room" Kelly give the wide-eyed, innocent answer that they TOTALLY had no idea that their patriot room only celebrated the Confederacy and included celebrating a high ranking KKK leader. Gil and Kelly are very good at manipulating their public image. 

How could anyone with a black sister put up pictures of a KKK leader? A racist bitch, that's who. The whole storyline about Beth's wedding came across as very scripted and disingenuous. Beth, her new husband, and son were dragged into that shit show. I hope UP paid Beth for her appearances. She deserves it.

It is because the Bates are the sort of people who truly believe that the South was the good guy and should have won. Gil and Kelly are way too smart to have accidentally created a shrine to the Confederacy. They are smart enough to quickly figure out that the most of rest of the world doesn't share their sentiments towards the Confederacy so it would be best to pretend it was an "oops". 

I completely agree. There is nothing accidental about anything they do.

9 hours ago, Ofglen said:

I'm pretty sure he's just advertising for the wedding episode and trying to grift some attention for himself while he's at it. Let's not give it to him. 

I totally believe that Lawson is promoting the wedding episode given the date of 2/4/16, which is the date that the episode is supposed to air.

I first thought that he was releasing a new CD or a new song. He was recording in Nashville recently.

He could be both promoting the wedding episode and his new song release. I don't think he is courting. I am waiting for Nathan to announce his courtship or Carlin and Joe. The Bates need someone to marry in 2016 for a story line on their show.

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I find the last post from Ihart1001 funny. "Next bachelor?" Could you imagine if UP did a bachelor series under the strict fundie courtship standards? The difference would be 10 men kidadults, and 10 women kidadults working to pair up with no touching and with chaperones and do character tests. I think that would shine some light on what gotheradism is all about :) 

IG Bates.png

I wpuld totally watch that shit. I know i would get bored like 10 minutes in, but i would let it on while playing candy crush :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I would totally watch that shit. I know i would get bored like 10 minutes in, but i would let it on while playing candy crush :pb_lol:

If they did that show I would watch and we would need to meet in the chat room to snark, snark, snark!

What fun dates would they plan?  They could do one where the Bachelor is handcuffed to a lady who was blindfolded (without touching hands) and see who was best at following his leadership like on the Duggar episode with JIll/Derick and Jessa/Ben.  The winner would get a chaperoned date.  Another date could be a challenge to see who could prepare a meal for 20 people in under an hour.  The winner would get a helicopter ride from JD with the host of the show sitting between the couple.  Riveting stuff.  Hot tub scenes in modesty bathing suits.  Will you take this rose to get to know me better, etc.

Oh, the catty gossip between the fundy bachelorettes would be something to watch.

"Oh my stars, can you believe that Abigail's frumper is so tight in the bust? Lawson totally wasn't looking at her countenance."

"Did you see how Mary Ann "accidentally" touched his hand when we were eating at Cracker Barrel? Trollop."

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh, the catty gossip between the fundy bachelorettes would be something to watch.

"Oh my stars, can you believe that Abigail's frumper is so tight in the bust? Lawson totally wasn't looking at her countenance."

"Did you see how Mary Ann "accidentally" touched his hand when we were eating at Cracker Barrel? Trollop."

"I saw a 1/2 inch of her knee! And those cap sleeves, tsk tsk - The Whore of Babalyon right here!"

"who does she think she is?! Holier than us by wearing a head covering!"

Tbh. I believe the catty gossip amongst the fundy bachelorettes probably happens.  IME some of worst gossips I knew were....you guessed it....were fundies / fundie lites.   

The gossip would be amazing and all disguised as prayer request. Some of the best gossip you can get is at a church prayer meeting. 

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The gossip would be amazing and all disguised as prayer request. Some of the best gossip you can get is at a church prayer meeting. 

"... And Jesus, please remind Chastity exactly what her name means because I totally saw her at the frozen yogurt shop without a godly chaperone..."

"Guys, we need to really pray for Sarah. I've heard that she has been struggling with lustful, impure thoughts about a certain young man that I don't think needs to be named. She is too embarrassed to ask on her own, but she really needs some prayer warriors right now. Also, I saw her wardrobe and some of her outfits have eye traps. We need to pray that God convicts her to change her style of dress so she will not cause men to stumble." 

I would hope more fundies

Would follow in the gossiping footsteps of

Miss Raquel

And disguise all of their not-gossip

In terrible poetry

Employing hackneyed literary cliches 

And overly flowery language

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

"Guys, we need to really pray for Sarah. I've heard that she has been struggling with lustful, impure thoughts about a certain young man that I don't think needs to be named. She is too embarrassed to ask on her own, but she really needs some prayer warriors right now. Also, I saw her wardrobe and some of her outfits have eye traps. We need to pray that God convicts her to change her style of dress so she will not cause men to stumble." 

I have a confession... I would eye trap Lawson Bates so hard with my nike-fied cougar lumps. That little holy roller is HOT A.F.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived