IGNORED

Bates Family Part 8

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Fascinated,  somehow I am picturing your dad as Mike Brady, the latter years.

I actually tried to edit my post to suggest that's exactly who he resembled!  Spot on!

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Brady was totally a crush of mine when I was a kid...sigh.... All my friends were jonesing for Greg and Peter, but I liked the dad.

Oh shit, I wonder if that's where my lifelong addiction to older men started?!? Sheesh...now there's something new to obsess and blame my relationship problems on.... :pearlclutching: 

Damn you, Mike Brady.

4 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

Mike Brady was totally a crush of mine when I was a kid...sigh.... All my friends were jonesing for Greg and Peter, but I liked the dad.

Oh shit, I wonder if that's where my lifelong addiction to older men started?!? Sheesh...now there's something new to obsess and blame my relationship problems on.... :pearlclutching: 

Damn you, Mike Brady.

Haha. That's pretty great. I must say the boys did nothing for me at all, but I would have given my left arm to be Marcia. It may have been her hair that impelled me to put leotards on my head and flip the legs off my shoulders.  Oh, Marcia. 

5 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Damn you, Mike Brady.

My lifelong addiction to bad boys is much thanks to Tommy from the Power Rangers :56247955dd693_32(12): The whole green/white ranger thing set me for life. I'm still into guys that are like that oops.

7 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Damn you, Mike Brady.

I blame mine on Viggo Mortensen... Aragorn... :tw_love:

Most of you will have to google my guy.

Bobby Sherman.  Man, that guy was cute!!  

Holy fuck, I just googled him myself. He's 72!!!!  I am so old!!1!!

image.jpeg.29ea9a4b323d25a832d16a1b317a5

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

My lifelong addiction to bad boys is much thanks to Tommy from the Power Rangers :56247955dd693_32(12): The whole green/white ranger thing set me for life. I'm still into guys that are like that oops.

:pb_lol: :pb_lol: You are amazing. Tommy and Kimberly were my first OTP.

I, on the other hand, had a total crush on Carlos from the Magic School Bus when I was little (like 5 years old maybe?). I still like guys with that same sense of humor.

Someone must have done a study on fictional character crushes in childhood and how that has carried over into adulthood....

I'm still deep in the bates forums catching up but does anyone know is Micheal has what Erin has? Personally I think it's great they've been married for 5 months without a pregnancy but she so desperately wanted a family and babies that I'm supriesed that she hasn't announced a pregnancy yet.

11 minutes ago, grifthouse said:

I'm still deep in the bates forums catching up but does anyone know is Micheal has what Erin has? Personally I think it's great they've been married for 5 months without a pregnancy but she so desperately wanted a family and babies that I'm supriesed that she hasn't announced a pregnancy yet.

Kelly said since its genetic all the girls would be tested. I'm not sure if it's for only married girls or ones old enough for purity rings. 

9 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Damn you, Mike Brady.

First  Crush:  Doc From the Love Boat.  I feel your pain.  

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

:pb_lol: :pb_lol: You are amazing. Tommy and Kimberly were my first OTP.

I, on the other hand, had a total crush on Carlos from the Magic School Bus when I was little (like 5 years old maybe?). I still like guys with that same sense of humor.

Someone must have done a study on fictional character crushes in childhood and how that has carried over into adulthood....

Carlos, omg. I also had a big crush on Freddy from Scooby Doo. I loved me some cartoon characters as a kid.

15 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Carlos, omg. I also had a big crush on Freddy from Scooby Doo. I loved me some cartoon characters as a kid.

Freddy was super cute! My crush was Aladdin lol.

Just now, HermioneSparrow said:

Freddy was super cute! My crush was Aladdin lol.

I was just going by TV characters. My list grows exponentially when we add Disney princes into the mix! Aladdin, Erik, Prince Charming (from Cinderella- did he actually have a name?), the one from Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Tim Curry from Muppet Treasure Island (not that he's a cartoon, he's just, you know, Tim Curry) and so on and so forth.

Am I the only one watching Michaella's wedding? 

Lots of Duggar's  (and Seewalds and Dillards) in the background. They don't get identified though

12 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I was just going by TV characters. My list grows exponentially when we add Disney princes into the mix! Aladdin, Erik, Prince Charming (from Cinderella- did he actually have a name?), the one from Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Tim Curry from Muppet Treasure Island (not that he's a cartoon, he's just, you know, Tim Curry) and so on and so forth.

Mine was Li Shang! I also liked Beast (Beast not Adam).

As for first OTP, mine  was Iceman/Gambit thanks to a fan fiction I sure as hell shouldn't have been reading at 13.

My childhood crushes growing up were ross gellar and david schwimmers charecter in the wonder years. I mean they looked so much alike! also ringo starr and prince harry. When Princess Di died I wrote Prince Harry a letter to Buckingham Palace saying that I was sorry for his loss etc. However there was a part of me that thought he would think that I was an amazing girl and want to marry 10 year old me.

I forgot paul rudd in clueless and pretty much all the outsiders. Rob lowe...then...now...always

2 minutes ago, Alye said:

Mine was Li Shang! I also liked Beast (Beast not Adam).

As for first OTP, mine  was Iceman/Gambit thanks to a fan fiction I sure as hell shouldn't have been reading at 13.

I didn't see Mulan until high school, when (what a coincidence ;) ) I was super into Asian guys. And of course I loved it. My mother wasn't a fan of the new Disney movies and didn't really let me watch the ones that came out after I was born. 

10 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Damn you, Mike Brady.

Ha! When I was watching Brady Bunch, I was all of about five, and I was really into Peter. My parents and I used to drive by this big, beautiful "church" on our way to church each week, and I would always say that that was where I was going to marry Peter Brady. Remember it later, I always thought the reason that they laughed so hard each time was because I was so into The Brady Bunch -- until I got my driver's license and drove by the place many years later only to realize it was actually a funeral home.:shakehead:

11 minutes ago, SallyDraper said:

l am, the only duggars I've seen is Joy Anna and Jana. 

I saw Pastor Bin and First Lady Jessa during the rehearsal. I saw Josiah too I think. My eyes are peeled for a Rodrigues sighting

I'm up to the rehearsal (had to wash dishes) and I've seen Jana.  She was the nail salon.

11 minutes ago, grifthouse said:

and prince harry. When Princess Di died I wrote Prince Harry a letter to Buckingham Palace saying that I was sorry for his loss etc. However there was a part of me that thought he would think that I was an amazing girl and want to marry 10 year old me.

Don't give up hope yet....he's still single!  so if you are too,:my_heart: it's not too late for the magic to begin. 

he loves to date girls with my real life name but as I am no longer a blonde or a model (I was in vogue and had a few spots with L'Oreal about a decade ago) I don't think he'd be interested. 

:kitty-cussing:also I am (gasp) just divorced

If I owned a hair care line I would snap up the duggar and bates girls in a second to advertise.

I'm watching the wedding.  Just got to 5 minutes before the ceremony and I've seen Jana and Joy.  And I think Carlin was sitting between Joy and Joseph at the ceremony.

ETA: Noticed that Nathan was sitting next to Ashley.  Worst kept secret ever.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived