IGNORED

Miss Raquel's Second Novel- Part 2

keen23

Perhaps the new man is the guy from this video:

https://www.facebook.com/Its-Just-Raquel-886909157994963/?fref=nf

Raquel did some sort of a give away. She made a video of her sisters drawing the names. The sister who is 16 seems way more mature than Raquel and while Raquel did let her draw a name, she spoke over the sister when she pulled the name and tried to read it. Raquel couldn't even share the spotlight to let her sister read a name. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sea_gale said:

From  this tweet it looks like she has a new man:

Screenshot - 04072016 - 03:04:49 PM.png

And her ex Not-Boyfriend is taking it hard, to say the least:

Screenshot - 04072016 - 03:03:03 PM.png

He's using some disturbing language here.

:tw_flushed:

How old is this guy? 20ish? I'm concerned about that threatening language. Either he's more dramatic than a 7th grader, or he'd dangerous. 

I don't follow the not exboyfriend but I do find his tweets when posted here and compared to hers downright hysterical.  

My feeling is, he's dramatic. I mean, he not-dated Raquel, right? I imagine most stable, level headed guys aren't looking for someone with Raquel level drama. :)

I believe he's technically under her vast list of 'best friends'

On 4/6/2016 at 4:32 AM, Curious said:

So I just looked up some poetry stuffs.  This is my first attempt at one based on what I read.

Raquel

Vapid, inane

Harping, whining, judging

Maturity is badly needed

Callow

What is this form called? It reminds me of something I think is called a "dribble" which starts with 10 words on the first line, 9 on the second, 8 on the third, etc until you get to one word on the last line.

Form?

What is form?

A true Artist

wields words without reference

to the stale conventions of

yesterday.

Much better

it is

to compose your poetry

however the hell you want. 

She probably does not really have boyfriend, or non-boyfriend for that matter. If her ex-non-ex gives these reactions frequently, she will gladly fuel the fire and give her already mammoth ego another boost at the expense of someone's feelings. 

I never like to call someone dramatic if they say things "miss me when I am gone" and seem depressed. I don't want to mixed up in it so I won't saying any further, but I don't think it's cool to just say that he might be dramatic.

20 minutes ago, refugee said:

What is this form called? It reminds me of something I think is called a "dribble" which starts with 10 words on the first line, 9 on the second, 8 on the third, etc until you get to one word on the last line.

It's called a Cinquain.    There were several examples of different styles (which I honestly didn't even know what a thing.  I know there are limericks, but that was the extent of my knowledge).  The Cinquain seemed the easiest for me to work into a Raquel poem ;)

It was like 1 word

2 words (x syllables)

3 "ing" words (x syllables)

phrase (x syllables)

1 word (x syllables)

where x is I can't recall what each one was off the top of my head.

6 minutes ago, Curious said:

It's called a Cinquain.    There were several examples of different styles (which I honestly didn't even know what a thing.  I know there are limericks, but that was the extent of my knowledge).  The Cinquain seemed the easiest for me to work into a Raquel poem ;)

It was like 1 word

2 words (x syllables)

3 "ing" words (x syllables)

phrase (x syllables)

1 word (x syllables)

where x is I can't recall what each one was off the top of my head.

These arbitrary rules! 

Meter, rhyming, pattern.

All they do is stifle the Art,

which should be allowed to flow free. 

Holding to form, how can one

pour out a poem in 30 seconds flat? 

Form.

To me it sounds

too much like Work.

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

I am behind in her poetry posts and need to catch up.  

And she probably meant this and go it wrong.

be-nice-or-i-will-put-you-in-my-next-novel-where-i-will-kill-you-slowly-and-very-painfully-and-ill-really-really-enjoy-it--431ae.png

Yes, this is kind of how I interpreted her "victim" in her hero-or-victim statement.

1)  You aren't a failure.
You have goals, you have dreams, and you haven't achieved any of them.  This does not mean you never will.  Or that you're a failure.  It's easy to get frustrated with ourselves for not succeeding, but hey, circumstances have you where you're at right now and that's nobody's fault.  It's just life.  And there's a reason behind it.  I promise.  The fact that you're moving towards your goals, though, is proof that you're not letting those circumstances completely stop you.  They're just a temporary roadblock right now.  You'll find your way over - or around - them.  You're weeding out the ways that will and won't work in you reaching your dreams.  And you're awesome for doing that.

So how does that work out with her theory that if you work at McDonalds you're undateable?

The whole, "I will put you in my novel and kill you" thing reminds me of how, back in the days of Windows 95, it was apparently common among my classmates to name your wagon party in the Oregon Trail computer game after all the people you didn't like and then do nothing to treat the various injuries and illnesses they sustained along the way. 

I have a lot of writer friends and I've heard some version of "If you piss me off, I will put you in my novel" from all of them (and a lot of them mean it, too), so I don't think that's just a Raquel thing. 

It's not.  I see it all the time.  Although for me, if I have to spend more than a page or two with you as a character, I don't want to give you that much power in my mind so I likely won't put you as a character in my novel.  I might however be taking notes on stupid things people do for future use/reference.  

3 hours ago, Petrel said:

I wonder if he realizes what an ego rush tweets like that will give her.

I wonder if he is a real person.

I'm not surprised not-ex-bf is emotionally volatile.  In fact, I assume new-man is too.  

I'm 28, and by no means am I an A+ excellent man-chooser, BUT by their 20s, most guys are pretty sick of the self-involved emotional games/abuse Raquel thrives on.  Most guys are going to nope right out after her first freak out, which, with Raquel, will come in a matter of hours. 

The guys most likely to stick around are guys who are also emotionally unhealthy in relationships and feed off her emotional instability.  

1 hour ago, O Latin said:

I have a lot of writer friends and I've heard some version of "If you piss me off, I will put you in my novel" from all of them (and a lot of them mean it, too)

Yeah, I write, but I find it really immature to do this.   

I write too but I wouldn't tell someone that.  Too masturbatory for my tastes.  I might base a character off someone but it would have to be because it fit the story. 

(Disclaimer:  Actual physical masturbation is harmless and an excellent stress-reliever.)

1 hour ago, O Latin said:

The whole, "I will put you in my novel and kill you" thing reminds me of how, back in the days of Windows 95, it was apparently common among my classmates to name your wagon party in the Oregon Trail computer game after all the people you didn't like and then do nothing to treat the various injuries and illnesses they sustained along the way. 

I have a lot of writer friends and I've heard some version of "If you piss me off, I will put you in my novel" from all of them (and a lot of them mean it, too), so I don't think that's just a Raquel thing. 

My friends and I would do that in The Sims. So many playground bullies drowned because the ladder to get in and out of the pool magically disappeared. Hey, it was cathartic. If I wasn't naming my Sims after people I hated, they'd all be named stuff like Bob Poopfart and Janet BarfFace. I was very mature for my age. I've grown out of it, I swear; I totally didn't create a plague in Pandemic II called Your Mom when I was bored and procrastinating last night.

24 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

My friends and I would do that in The Sims. So many playground bullies drowned because the ladder to get in and out of the pool magically disappeared. Hey, it was cathartic. If I wasn't naming my Sims after people I hated, they'd all be named stuff like Bob Poopfart and Janet BarfFace. I was very mature for my age. I've grown out of it, I swear; I totally didn't create a plague in Pandemic II called Your Mom when I was bored and procrastinating last night.

My strongest build in just about every RPG I play always happens to be named Scooty McButts.  I give other builds normal names, but for some reason, Scooty always ends up being my go-to.  

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

My strongest build in just about every RPG I play always happens to be named Scooty McButts.  I give other builds normal names, but for some reason, Scooty always ends up being my go-to.  

Out of curiosity, what RPGs do you play? I'm dissertation-ing full-time now and once my clients get back from their vacation I'll be working again (ah, freelance), but I'd like to have a game/something fun for my downtime.

I'm not very math-y but isn't an infinity symbol not supposed to have anything intersecting the loops because it's supposed to be... infinite? Also, isn't God supposed to be alpha and omega, beginning and end? If God is infinity, why the "greater than" symbol? Also, why not write out God or at least use a small symbol instead of "G"? There's so many Christian symbols you could make into an interesting and meaningful religious tattoo, like a Chi Rho or something.

I'd never guess the meaning of this tattoo if it wasn't explained. Not because it's so deep or whatever she's going for... its layout is just imprecise and unclear.

Okay, does he know what skinny dip is and really means.  (from her Twitter)

Raquel Z. Duarte ‏@itsjustraquel  1h1 hour ago

Can't wait to get off work... I wanna go skinny-dipping.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived