IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 16

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

It's boring because they are all a.) uneducated and b.) phony and c.) shallow. Of course their lives revolve around grocery shopping and playing in the yard and cleaning house and wiping noses because they have no interests other than Bible and Family.  They do go out and picket the heathens from time to time but TLC is too chicken-shit to show that side of the Duggars .  They also can't show what goes on at Bible time or during church service so that leaves Family.

They could actually make the Family part interesting but the Duggars are  dull and unimaginative in their daily life (that heart to heart Michelle had with Jessa at the coffee shop was excruciating to watch) and too afraid of the truth to bare all.  When Anna teared up and let us in on what she had been going through during the special, that was some of the best footage they have ever shown because it felt real. They have tried to inject interest with  over-the-top parties but the 400 painted flamingos just came across as wasteful.  As did the baby food making contest. So they either need to get a better party planner or they need to start drinking.

Chicken shit is exactly right!

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm a little confused. Why did they paint the flamingos blue and pink? If they'd painted them all one color it would have made more sense. "Oh look, Joshy, they're all pink, we must be having a girl." And why flamingos? Do flamingos bring babies in fundie land, while the rest of us have to make do with storks? Are flamingos better than storks? Why so many? Half a dozen would have been plenty. Their wasteful ways disgust me. Rant over. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

So I'm a little confused. Why did they paint the flamingos blue and pink? If they'd painted them all one color it would have made more sense. "Oh look, Joshy, they're all pink, we must be having a girl." And why flamingos? Do flamingos bring babies in fundie land, while the rest of us have to make do with storks? Are flamingos better than storks? Why so many? Half a dozen would have been plenty. Their wasteful ways disgust me. Rant over. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

i was wondering the same thing...

1 hour ago, biblelandjunkie said:

i was wondering the same thing...

Maybe Sierra (aka worst party planner ever) decided they could be mysterious about the gender this way.

Or it could've been Anna's idea because she had recently gone to a gender reveal party for TFDW and Priss - everything at that party was blue and pink.

I wonder....

IF Jill is actually pregnant and IF this party is her coming home, would she come back with Izzy and stay for her pregnancy, all the while Derick is down in CA continuing the ministry, until after #2 is born and Jill can return? Would that be a plausible scenario?

4 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Maybe Sierra (aka worst party planner ever) decided they could be mysterious about the gender this way.

Or it could've been Anna's idea because she had recently gone to a gender reveal party for TFDW and Priss - everything at that party was blue and pink.

I'm thinking it's a bit of a combo, but mostly Sierra's wackiness. TFDW and Priscilla's party was a lot more "together" than M4's reveal.

6 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I wonder....

IF Jill is actually pregnant and IF this party is her coming home, would she come back with Izzy and stay for her pregnancy, all the while Derick is down in CA continuing the ministry, until after #2 is born and Jill can return? Would that be a plausible scenario?

I don't think it's very plausible at all.  separating the headship and helpmeet is a last resort. And creating arrows for your quiver comes before mission work. I think they would come home together unless travel plans went awry.  Jill would have to move back in to the tth in order to manage pregnancy and a baby if her husband wasn't with her. I don't see a separation happening.

Just now, quiverofdoubt said:

I don't think it's very plausible at all.  separating the headship and helpmeet is a last resort. And creating arrows for your quiver comes before mission work. I think they would come home together unless travel plans went awry.  Jill would have to move back in to the tth in order to manage pregnancy and a baby if her husband wasn't with her. I don't see a separation happening.

I was just thinking that she is adding to her quiver and all, being pregnant (in this scenario, I'm not convinced she is though). and yeah, obviously would stay at the TTH.... Derick comes home here and there during, and at least gets them through their "to next summer" mission.... JB is there after all.....so not completely without a headship!

3 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I don't think Jill could emotionally handle being separated from Derrick and having a baby. It would be too much for her. She seems to be in sinking sand a lot of the time and that is with "Her HUSBAND" with her. She couldn't even let him drive himself to work so I don't see them being countries apart. Ever.

2 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

I don't think Jill could emotionally handle being separated from Derrick and having a baby. It would be too much for her. She seems to be in sinking sand a lot of the time and that is with "Her HUSBAND" with her. She couldn't even let him drive himself to work so I don't see them being countries apart. Ever.

I was thinking the same thing.  Being pregnant makes you emotional as hell too. I'm preggo with my second and let me tell you I wouldn't want to do this alone. Jill would fall apart and I'm not sure  I would blame her. Her first is still an infant. Mine is tantruming, wild and crazy 3.  Not sure which would be harder.  

Totally hypothetical of course, because I have no speculation about whether or not she is pregnant. 

5 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I was just thinking that she is adding to her quiver and all, being pregnant (in this scenario, I'm not convinced she is though). and yeah, obviously would stay at the TTH.... Derick comes home here and there during, and at least gets them through their "to next summer" mission.... JB is there after all.....so not completely without a headship!

Perhaps. But I don't see the family wanting to separate another couple with josh and wife still so big in the public eye.  They don't want to give any impression that their arranged marriage system might have failings. They need to present united fronts, and Jill and Jessa are their shining examples of success right now (and how freaking sad is THAT?). They need to be seen as independent adults living the gothard life with their headship and rearing more blessings.

52 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Sierra did it as decoration for J&A's drive toward the TTH. Both colors because they were to be seen before the reveal. Anna was shown hoping for something simple earlier in the episode, mentioning that Sierra had called to ask about planning the party. Anna looked royally pissed when she saw how huge Sierra had made it.

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Ever since the storks unionized in the 30's, they have refused to give bulk discounts.  And the Duggars are all about discounts.  The flamingos are just getting into the business and haven't unionized yet, so they offer a better deal.  So Duggar babies are delivered by flamingos instead of storks.

2 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Ever since the storks unionized in the 30's, they have refused to give bulk discounts.  And the Duggars are all about discounts.  The flamingos are just getting into the business and haven't unionized yet, so they offer a better deal.  So Duggar babies are delivered by flamingos instead of storks.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:that is the best explainton of Duggar babies I've ever heard. :laughing-rollingyellow:

1 hour ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I wonder if another network or production company might be filming them...  The Bates switched networks.  

That is an interesting idea...

However I bet the money loving executives at the TLC channel have some kind of no-compete deal with the Duggar family.

If not I wonder what TV channel would want them? The Duggars are really messed up if you dig deeper on their beliefs, but their brand of Fundie reality TV brings in the viewers which brings in lots of cash. Most people had never even heard of the UP channel until they started the Bates family "reality" show.    

Flamingo's seem a touch prancey to be bringing Male Duggars. Perhaps the females but I would expect something more Bald Eagle-ish for the boy-folk.

Bald eagles would be too expensive. Maybe 2 swallows with a creeper between them. Could be an African swallow, but they don't migrate. For you Monty Python fans.

I would wonder about it being on another network, but TLC has so clearly been salivating over the idea of bringing them back. The Duggars were never scrubbed from the site, and they made that statement about how well the specials did and how much interest remains. There is no way they let another network dip into that honey pot.

I could see Jill come back if pregnant because of this Zika think. She may be emotional and clingy, but she will have plenty of people back home to cling to. Anna will be nearly moving out, so she and Izzy can take Jana's bed. DH can fly in twice a month for some sweet fellowship. I would not be surprised if JB would be happy to have her back under his control and Zika is an acceptable excuse for separation. It could be framed as a great and worthy sacrifice. 

22 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I wonder if they're shopping for another "announcement" party.  Either that... or a welcome home party for Joshly.

Yeah let's the daughter who was probably the most victimized by the SmugAss to plan his party? Let's all just hope that isn't what is happening because that's hideous, even for these idiots. 

11 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Plus, Arkansas is a work at will state, so the storks are at a disadvantage.

14 hours ago, karen77 said:

According to the Bible, he gets the arrows in his quiver.  Jilly just pushes them into the quiver.

"How blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

The Bates show is moving? WHERE?!

I think it meant that they were in TLC before and then moved tl up when united bates of america flopped

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived