IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 16

Coconut Flan

If the Duggars were to switch networks, I think TLC would have dropped them like a hot potato already. Everything to do with the Duggars would be scrubbed off the TLC website and they would have made an announcement I believe.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

If the Duggars were to switch networks, I think TLC would have dropped them like a hot potato already. Everything to do with the Duggars would be scrubbed off the TLC website and they would have made an announcement I believe.

My thoughts exactly.  I'm sure there's a ton of contract issues with that. Switching wouldn't be simple or easy, and you'd see a big break between them. TLC wouldn't be happy.  And the duggars would need a lot of backing and such from the new network, promising similar coverage that tlc has given them.

45 minutes ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

Not really.  TLC still has the Bates' stuff up:

http://www.tlc.com/search/?q=Bates

In Touch said that the film crew included one of the people who use  to film for 19KAC. Doesn't mean it was TLC, but since they did the specials, it seems likely. I didn't see Mr. Jim. I wonder how he feels about bringing his daughter to the Duggars.  I can't believe he knew about the molestation.

I read some where this morning that some of the Duggars contracts are up in March of this year. I have no idea how true it is. But, I wonder if that is why they are doing some filming now before they have to re-do contracts. They will have film to use if they choose to do so. I would also think that TLC would have a non-compete clause on anything the Duggars do and that would likely run for 2-3 years before they could go to another network.

I, personally would be thrilled to see them drop some of the Duggars. Well, actually all of the Duggars. But, even if they drop Josh. How are they going to film Anna if her headship is not being paid? It really could put a cog in the Duggars wheelhouse. JB would be fit to be tied if he could not call all the shots and tell them who to film and who not to. I have read at a more reasonable source that TLC is receiving a lot of push back about putting the Duggars back on air. People are not letting it go and they are not forgetting.

What would stop JB from doing his own filming just to have it "in the can" in order to shop around networks in case TLC does decide to drop them and loosen any restrictions?  I know it's a leap, but these people never surprise me.

1 hour ago, MatthewDuggar said:

What would stop JB from doing his own filming just to have it "in the can" in order to shop around networks in case TLC does decide to drop them and loosen any restrictions?  I know it's a leap, but these people never surprise me.

While I'm not speaking to its accuracy, i believe In Touch identifies some f the camera guys as ones that were previously on the Duggar crew... 

Apparently I have written "IBLP is a cult"  too many times on the Duggar Family Official Facebook page.  I can no longer comment on there.  Seems the Duggar brand is trying to clean stuff up for their new show being filmed.  

luv2laugh posted this a few weeks ago:

TLC1.JPG.58b9e552ed7cf6600ddf15d5cd194e2

"The Little Couple" is one of TLC's popular shows, "The Busby Bunch" will premiere in the Spring and the Duggars...................are most likely coming back to TLC

Over at Cancel the Duggars FB, it was mentioned that Joseph had a DUI! ETonline was mentioned as well as a local newspaper but I didn't find anything.

Only thing I found was Dillon King. I googled Joseph Duggar, just Duggar with DWI and DUI. Wishful thinking on someone's part.

39 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Only thing I found was Dillon King. I googled Joseph Duggar, just Duggar with DWI and DUI. Wishful thinking on someone's part.

Famy's other boyfriend had a DUI a few years back as well.  No idea about Joseph, but it certainly wouldnt be hard for any magazine to find.  Police reports are public record.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived