IGNORED

Bates Family Part 7

Boogalou

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the helmet sidetrack, I wore a helmet to barrel race & for all riding. Still do but I don't get to ride often. It's very uncommon with western riders. Running through the snow like that is kinda reckless.

10 hours ago, accountingstar said:

No, I just linked it for people to see the movie on Amazon. Amazon Charity is great. I have a client that is signed up as a charity. I no longer shop regular Amazon. You are able to pick the Charity that you want if they have registered with Amazon.

About Amazon Smile:

If you haven't started to use Amazon Smile, today's the day.

I shop with smile, I was more concerned that Ma & Pa were raising money for some group with it.

7 hours ago, elliha said:

Yeah, I don't think I have ever seen anyone ride without a helmet and many have vests too. But then again in my country everyone wears a helmet when skating too, only exceptions are figure skaters and they wear them up until they have passed a number of tests too. I wouldn't dream of going into a rink without a helmet, I even wore one while trying curling which some saw as exessive but I wouldn't have been able to relax otherwise. 

Most bull riders now wear helmets and vests but that's it.  Someone like Trace would get major side eye for wearing a helmet by fellow Western riders.

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm clearly bored with my life. I found Alyssas private account. Opps. 

its locked or you can see the pictures?

@Diana I found it after snooping through who Michaella follows. It's completely private. It says she has 83 posts, is followed by 94 people, and follows 109. Unfortunately since it is private you can't see anything except her profile picture and small about me. 

@HRM1216 I'm not sure. I don't wanna get warnings lol. But it's the same account with the 83 pictures. 

@Diana It's locked. Her about me is the same as her public one. 

@OyToTheVey I'm assuming John must have a private account as well, because from what I could see the public one doesn't follow Alyssa's private one. Just thought that was interesting. But, I'm also very tired so maybe I missed it. 

Lawson recorded another a cover song in his hotel room in Nashville. Love the big screen TV in the background. There's double standards for Lawson compared to the other children. It's most likely because he is the family banker.

I was stuck in Nashville last week by a snowstorm! so thought I'd post y'all a video!:) hope you enjoy!
"The richest man I know"

When he and Joy-Anna (and the other Duggar kid) did their cover of Blue Christmas, I was having visions of he and Joy-Anna as the fundie version of Johnny Cash and June Carter.

Jana seemed really quiet and frankly ill at ease in the last episode... The contrast between the two families is staggering. In BuB, everything is bright and shiny and very alltogetherness, with hugging and people that genuinely seem to care for each other (a very attractive rabbit hole), and 19KaC is just so...beige. And weird. And not that family-feeling, if you get my drift. 

Soooo easy to get sucked in.... 

23 hours ago, elliha said:

Yeah, I don't think I have ever seen anyone ride without a helmet and many have vests too. But then again in my country everyone wears a helmet when skating too, only exceptions are figure skaters and they wear them up until they have passed a number of tests too. I wouldn't dream of going into a rink without a helmet, I even wore one while trying curling which some saw as exessive but I wouldn't have been able to relax otherwise. 

Ha, Scandinavia <3 

(I'm Norwegian :P )

Jana seemed really quiet and frankly ill at ease in the last episode... The contrast between the two families is staggering. In BuB, everything is bright and shiny and very alltogetherness, with hugging and people that genuinely seem to care for each other (a very attractive rabbit hole), and 19KaC is just so...beige. And weird. And not that family-feeling, if you get my drift. 

That's the image UP wants to portray, a happy, wholesome, loving, Christian family. TLC was going for the freak factor with the Duggars.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

That's the image UP wants to portray, a happy, wholesome, loving, Christian family. TLC was going for the freak factor with the Duggars.

And normal, don't forget normal. "We are just the same as you, very normal, so normal (just better)". 

I got to give UP and the Bates credit for taking a family that is neck deep in a crazy cult and making them look normal. That takes some skills. 

2 hours ago, Thorns said:

I guess that the Bates are a loving family, and their relationships  with each other are normal despite their beliefs. The Duggars try to look like they are a loving and normal family, but they still look weird(not a surprise given the sex abuse story and who knows what else that we dont know about), maybe thats why they were more successful than the Bates on TLC, the audience seems to like watching weird families. 

Nah, the Bates looked liked weird freaks when they came on the Duggar show. At first they managed to appear to be even stranger than the Duggars. They have just managed to find a network that will help them clean up their image. I rather doubt they really have a normal family relationship. Normal mothers can remember the names of their children, normal fathers don't ship their daughters off to travel with a sexual predator and normal teens don't raise their siblings while their parents continue to try to have more babies. 

Normal families don't have in-home video surveillance that is so "handy" for knowing where everyone is. The only differences are that the Bates kids are few per bedroom--though always mixed ages for tattling purposes. And, due to economics, they've been a bit freer to earn an income--though as Michael and Erin show, only in Gothard approved ways.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Nah, the Bates looked liked weird freaks when they came on the Duggar show. At first they managed to appear to be even stranger than the Duggars. They have just managed to find a network that will help them clean up their image. I rather doubt they really have a normal family relationship. Normal mothers can remember the names of their children, normal fathers don't ship their daughters off to travel with a sexual predator and normal teens don't raise their siblings while their parents continue to try to have more babies. 

I call my kids by different names all the time and I only have 3. I guess I am not normal?

18 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

I call my kids by different names all the time and I only have 3. I guess I am not normal?

I've always been under the impression that Kelly literally couldn't remember some of the names - not that she accidentally mixed some of the kids up. Could be wrong, but I do think there's a bit of a difference there.

37 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

That isn't what happened. She was asked in an interview to name her children and she admitted she wasn't capable of naming all her kids. We aren't talking about calling a kid by the wrong name, we are talking about a mother stating that she can't remember her kids names well enough to list them in their birth order. THAT is not normal. I got to give Michelle credit for at least knowing her kids names. Sure she couldn't tell you a lot of info about them, but she could name them all. 

I only have 2 but somehow I always manage to work my brothers' names in when yelling at my kids.

I call my kids and dogs by the wrong names sometimes, I think that is pretty normal. But even among all the mega-families I know, it isn't normal for the mother to admit she can't list the names of her kids. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:
1 hour ago, downtherabbithole said:
That isn't what happened. She was asked in an interview to name her children and she admitted she wasn't capable of naming all her kids. We aren't talking about calling a kid by the wrong name, we are talking about a mother stating that she can't remember her kids names well enough to list them in their birth order. THAT is not normal. I got to give Michelle credit for at least knowing her kids names. Sure she couldn't tell you a lot of info about them, but she could name them all. 

Are we sure? She might just not admit it as bluntly as Kelly. That 19 Kids intro was easily scripted.

Nonetheless, it might have just been an avoidance of being put on the spot. You know the media would make a huge deal of it if she forgot one, and there are plenty of times I've forgotten things from much smaller lists.

I could see not wanting to try it on TV just in case you had a brain fart and forgot one, to spare yourself the embarrassment, but did she actually just come out and say that she couldn't do it at all?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived