IGNORED

Bates Family Part 7

Boogalou

Well, okay, but... I mean, I personally enjoy alcohol... but if you need alcohol to have fun, something is definitely wrong.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, JoyfulSel said:

Oh gross, they picked the Broncos. BOOO. And Bradley is the cutest child.

That post from Chad was nice, he does really love Erin. She truly truly hit the fundie jackpot with him.

Go panthers. I want half price dozen glazed doughnuts from Krispy Kream. 

I wonder what Chad meant by:

Times are uncertain, but we have today to enjoy and to try and be blessing to those we love and know and those we meet along the way.

Hope this is just standard fundie-speak and there isn't something...stressful...going on with them.

32 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder what Chad meant by:

Hope this is just standard fundie-speak and there isn't something...stressful...going on with them.

It could be worry over the Gothard empire. Don't forget that both of their fathers are on the Board, and BIL Brandon works for Gothard. I believe that one of Chad's brothers--I think Nate--graduated (with Brandon) from Gothard preaching school last year, and now does "prison ministry" in Florida which may be Gothard-funded.

9 hours ago, colors_outside15 said:

So, I'm way behind on this thread, and although I know no one meant any harm, I just wanted to say that "It takes one effed up person with access to ruin a kid's life" is not, or at least does not have to be, true.

Abuse (sexual, physical, psychological), incest, and rape are more horrible than words can ever describe, but none of those experiences - whether they happen once or multiple times - have to ruin a person's life. I'm a very strong believer in choosing what to take out of an situation (there is always a silver lining unless you make it gold - I know, super cheesy), choosing to take actions to minimize it happening to m (are we allowed to swear on here? that's an actual question)

1. i admire your strength. Good for you.

2. I snipped your quote there to say fuckity fuck yeah we swear here. We couldn't read these asssholes without it. Let loose and be merry. :)

1 minute ago, LovelyLuna said:

oh Fuck off!

Did you seriously just tell me to fuck off? I will not stand for this level of fuckery.

*sits*

1 hour ago, Catey said:

Did you seriously just tell me to fuck off? I will not stand for this level of fuckery.

*sits*

Hahahahahah.  Your such a fucking meanie! I’m leaving you fannies! *epic flounce*

Goodness gracious, you are all so unutterably uncouth. Go and sit in the prayer closet and repent for your sins. Tut tut.

:P

Are we still thinking Alyssa is expecting? She has a new IG pic up and baby still over belly but I am doubtful.

It looks like Lawson made it back home. Bradley and his purple glove reminds me of Michael Jackson. You rock on Bradley Bates.

Ma and Pa Bates are hawking the movie Woodlawn. http://smile.amazon.com/Woodlawn-Jon-Voight/dp/B017SRA5VQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453683841&sr=8-1&keywords=woodlawn

thebatesfamLast night we had a family movie night to watch the newly released movie, "Woodlawn." There are few movies that have moved me as much as this movie did. I wish I could buy a copy to send to every home. I love the fact that it is a true story. This movie shows the sufferings caused by racism; it portrays the destruction caused by hate, but it shows the incredible power of forgiveness. It's a movie about faith and victory. It's about love and hope. I can't say enough about it, except to say that I couldn't stop thinking about it when I went to bed. We cried and laughed and jumped up and shouted as we watched it. I believe it will challenge you and motivate you, as it did our family! A heartfelt "Thank you" to the people involved in making this project to share this story with us! Thank you for showing how one person can make a difference if we just BELIEVE

Summary of the movie:

In 1973, a spiritual awakening captured the heart of nearly every player on the Woodlawn High School football team. Their dedication to love and unity, in a newly desegregated school filled with racism and hate, leads to the largest high school football game ever played in the torn city of Birmingham, Alabama, and the rise of superstar, Tony Nathan.

Trace horseback riding in the snow (video):

Alyssa's standard church photo:

Alyssa's clothes are always so great. I wish she would say where she got the skirt. I know the long skirts are a fundie thing, but i just love maxi skirts.

54 minutes ago, lynn0810 said:

Alyssa's clothes are always so great. I wish she would say where she got the skirt. I know the long skirts are a fundie thing, but i just love maxi skirts.

Looks like this dress she wore when we first started speculating that she was pregnant with Allie Jane.  

38 minutes ago, DamnPrecious said:

Thanks! He's awfully corruptible looking. 

Yes, as long as he stays silent

Are we still thinking Alyssa is expecting? She has a new IG pic up and baby still over belly but I am doubtful.

Yes.

4 hours ago, accountingstar said:

It looks like Lawson made it back home. Bradley and his purple glove reminds me of Michael Jackson. You rock on Bradley Bates.

Ma and Pa Bates are hawking the movie Woodlawn. http://smile.amazon.com/Woodlawn-Jon-Voight/dp/B017SRA5VQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453683841&sr=8-1&keywords=woodlawn

Nothing to say about the Bradley phot just that he's cute as a bug's ear.

Is that Ma and Pa Bates' link or yours?  smile.amazon is Amazon's charity site.  I'm not sure how it all works but there are charities set up with smile and if you use their links a portion of the sale goes to the charity.  Just wondering who the money would go to with that link if it's theirs. 

Arggh No helmet on Trace! Am I the only one who's mum would murder her for riding without one? 

And to be fair to her, I think she's right!

1 minute ago, imokit said:

Arggh No helmet on Trace! Am I the only one who's mum would murder her for riding without one? 

And to be fair to her, I think she's right!

I don't know anyone but little kids who wear a helmet when riding a horse.  It's just not a cultural norm.

37 minutes ago, hollywood said:

WHY does Alyssa always have to take a damn photo every church day?

I wonder who takes it. Like, does the same neighbor have to come out every Sunday at the same time to take the same picture of them, or what? :my_biggrin:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived