IGNORED

Erika Shupe *grim rictus* Large Families on Purpose Part 4

keen23

Someone needs to find a bible verse about pride and casually comment on that thread... :whistle:

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK sometimes I look at pictures of Erika and Bob and I don't see their personalities going together. I know I don't actually know them though and it's an odd thing to say. :tw_flushed: But somehow...Bob seems like he'd roll his eyes at Erika's BS. 

41 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

OK sometimes I look at pictures of Erika and Bob and I don't see their personalities going together. I know I don't actually know them though and it's an odd thing to say. :tw_flushed: But somehow...Bob seems like he'd roll his eyes at Erika's BS. 

Nah, I totally agree with you on that one. We only see a little sliver of their lives but we do know that they fight and argue a lot. Gee, I wonder why.... ??!!

6 hours ago, defraudingjezebel said:

I loooove Erika's not-so-subtle humblebrag in one of her latest posts. She posted an article titled "Surprising Study Finds More Kids Means Slower Aging" and her comment on that article was:

Girrrrrl, you look decent for your age but don't think that eleventy children leads to youthful looks. She replies to people throughout the comments about how young she looks and how people compliment her on that. How is this not being prideful? I bet people don't realize  that she used birth control to space out her kids. 

She secretly thinks it's really that feminine, "whispy" hair that keeps her looking so young. 

Michelle Duggar's had 19 kids and she looks kinda old. I saw this photo of her in glasses once and they aged her badly. Then again, Kelly Bates has had 19 and doesn't look too bad. It's just luck of the draw.

There was something to pregnancy hormones in my experience... I really did feel in my last pregnancy like my aging clock had been set back a bit, in terms of how well I felt, joint pain, and energy levels. There was a level of wellness there that lasted as long as I was nursing (stopped when youngest turned two). Then my clock started winding down again, but slowly, and it took a few years for me to begin to feel as decrepit as I'd been feeling before that last pregnancy.

Also, pregnancy hormones did something for my bipolar tendencies. Really leveled my moods out. I know that other people can have the opposite effect, but for me (except for fighting toxemia, and I was able to do that through a high-protein diet), pregnancy was some of my healthiest time.

On 1/14/2016 at 0:24 AM, SoybeanQueen said:

We didn't do grades, either, because I expected anything that was missed to be redone. Tracking was just a list of curricula that we completed. For high schoolers, something closer to a traditional grade system might be necessary for scholarships and college applications. Some will accept a list of courses and SAT/ACT scores without traditional grades, though. Lots of kids take college courses while still in high school nowadays, so they would have some "official" grades to show they can pass muster that way.

I'm a former homeschooled kid that is homeschooling now... My Mom didn't keep official grades for us. Obviously she'd correct our work and be familiar with where we needed more work and when we could move ahead. I never was given actual grades till I was in college. She did create a HS transcript by hand (nowadays there are very nice computer programs that help you track and create them), marking down what I did with a grade based on my performance of work and understanding. I never needed that transcript since I started college in high school and no job cared about my HS qualifications once they saw I had college education. 

I won't start formally tracking my kids work (as in officially documenting what they did when and what their grade was) until they are in HS. When you're only working with a few kids its easy to know where they are, what they know, where they need to go. If I had more than 4-5 kids though I might consider tracking just to keep it all straight in my head.

3 hours ago, withaj said:

She secretly thinks it's really that feminine, "whispy" hair that keeps her looking so young. 

Don't forget the white eyeshadow. She did a whole article on her makeup and beauty routine. It might just be my favorite post on her blog. 

4 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Vanity, thy name is Erika Shupe.

Who wouldn't be vain, with those feminine wispies and all. :my_angel:

5 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Don't forget the white eyeshadow. She did a whole article on her makeup and beauty routine. It might just be my favorite post on her blog. 

I'll have to go find it! 

There is actually a study we talked about a while back based on the Amish that showed women who had a ton of kids had longer life expectancy/were healthier then their peers with less then 6 kids.  The numbers were in the 8-10 range, I believe, and once they went past 12 then their heath was impacted negatively.  Interesting stuff...

Thanks for the link @princessmahina

Here are some highlights:

The heals of my feet have always been extremely calloused and hard; to the point of having ninety degree angles on the edges.

Whenever I have a cold and am blowing my nose a lot my nose tens to get red and chapped without some protection and healing attention.

Then we discovered it was oil build up because the grocery store shampoo was clogging their poors and scalp.

She did this a few times, so she clearly doesn't know the difference between pore/poor. 

Before my wedding, I had a make over from M.A.C. Cosmetics upon a friend's recommendation, and I was thrilled with it and have stuck with it for the past 15 years.

So she never updates her look? Okay... 

From the comments:

So just a thought to a few of you who have said that your husband prefers you without make up. =) I encourage you to consider whether your the make up that you do wear is natural-looking enough. If you are simply enhancing your own features I bet he would think you're extra lovely, not "made up". This could mean not trying to create features you really don't have (such as drawing on eye brows), or adding too much color in foundation or blush so that you no longer have your natural skin color, or using eye shadow that's shimmery when maybe he prefers a soft, simple, every day look. Just a thought. =) Blessings.

Perhaps I'm bitchy because I'm sick, but she comes across as so damn smug! :pb_rollseyes:

I get my hair cut by the same lady all the time.  I chose her for her price (only $23, compared to some salons which charge $80) and for her quality.

Life changing advice, right here.  The SAME LADY?!  That you chose because she was cheap and does a good job?! Who would have thunk?!  

When our daughters went through puberty they started having huge problems with deeply oily hair.  I could not even get it clean for them!

I know that this shouldn't be surprising, but a serious side-eye to washing your teenage daughters' hair.  I can't imagine allowing my mother to wash my hair as a teenager.  

@princessmahina Yesssss that's one of my favorite posts too! Its so concentrated full of smug and Erika-ness. 

I totally get the sense that Erika has never updated her "look." I bet if we were to see pictures of teen Erika that she'd look practically the same- "whispy" hair and all. 

Then she drops this gem:

Clinique has the only brand that carries a color that is ivory and fair enough for my skin.

Well ain't she Snow effing White! I'm pretty sure most professional brands (her beloved MAC included) carry very fair shades. But nooo I'm sure Erika's skin is so pristine and pale that only Clinique carries her shade. :roll:

I find it difficult to read her posts. She's incredibly long-winded. Prime example: the information about her haircuts. Who cares? Everyone knows how to schedule, budget, etc., for that. 

13 minutes ago, defraudingjezebel said:

@princessmahina Yesssss that's one of my favorite posts too! Its so concentrated full of smug and Erika-ness. 

I totally get the sense that Erika has never updated her "look." I bet if we were to see pictures of teen Erika that she'd look practically the same- "whispy" hair and all. 

Then she drops this gem:

Well ain't she Snow effing White! I'm pretty sure most professional brands (her beloved MAC included) carry very fair shades. But nooo I'm sure Erika's skin is so pristine and pale that only Clinique carries her shade. :roll:

Erika is not that pale. I don't know what she's talking about. And yes, most brands do carry fair shades, but I am one of those people that is too fair for most of the fairest shades. Also, when you're that pale, getting the perfect skin-tone match is crucial or else the makeup can make you look orange, pink, dirty, sick, or like a banana. The only drugstore brand I can kinda use is the loreal true match.

I get my hair cut by the same lady all the time.  I chose her for her price (only $23, compared to some salons which charge $80) and for her quality.

Life changing advice, right here.  The SAME LADY?!  That you chose because she was cheap and does a good job?! Who would have thunk?!  

When our daughters went through puberty they started having huge problems with deeply oily hair.  I could not even get it clean for them!

I know that this shouldn't be surprising, but a serious side-eye to washing your teenage daughters' hair.  I can't imagine allowing my mother to wash my hair as a teenager.  

Now I am imagining Erika scrubbing the girls' hair nonstop like her life depended on it.

Gag! I don't think I've ever actually read this blog. The *smiles* are real and lavish! I am deeply gratified to note that while MAC and Clinique are special enough for the princess, real miracles come from Wal-Mart.

And then one day I discovered a miraculous tool at Wal-Mart!  It's called a Ped Egg."

13 minutes ago, pnwgypsy said:

Now I am imagining Erika scrubbing the girls' hair nonstop like her life depended on it.

I imagined blaming them for doing a poor job and telling them off for it Mommy Dearest style before realizing it wasn't their fault, it was just the shampoo.  :pb_confused:

<snort> Yeah, Erika, you're totally the fairest of them all. You're not even a 1 on the Nicola Roberts scale.

Nicole-Roberts-LP.jpg

I'm pretty pale. I don't wear make up every day, but when I do I don't usually use foundation. I do have some, though, which is Estée Lauder. 

She likes to "war" makeup. She also uses "Panteen" Touchable.  And "Paul Mitchel" with just one L. How she can spell those wrong is beyond me- the name's on the bloody bottle! 

She also uses disappear wrongly, something like "it disappears the spots". No, no, no!! That's like how a little kid might use disappear!! 

7 hours ago, defraudingjezebel said:

Then she drops this gem:

I am really pale (like Nicola Roberts in black haired) and Cliniques shades are nowhere near my skin tone, so no I do not think she is that fair. Especially Clinique has pretty dark "pale" shades compared to the palest Illamasqua or Loreal or MAC (an even MAC is too dark for me). So she is uninformed, too.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived