IGNORED

What are you Reading (Part 2)?

keen23

@Maggie Mae Have you read Sue Grafton's alphabet series featuring Kinsey Millhone? Just curious to talk to anyone who's read both. I find Kinsey so much more likable, relatable and smarter than V.I. 

@Blahblah I re-subscribed to Bookbub. I got desperate for some reads when I'd finished my library books. 

I read the Ebook version of The Pearl That Broke Its Shell. It was heartbreaking but so good. I felt like it ended abruptly because I thought I still had a couple hundred pages to go but it was an excerpt from another book. So I'm still thinking of the main characters and wishing there was more to read.

Edited by Kailash
Misspelling
  • Upvote 3

started The Poisonwood Bible last night.  less than 100 pages in, and i'm already hooked.

• Upvote 5

I finished my sappy Jojo Moyes book last night and am now started Helter Skleter: The True Story of the Manson Murders. :P That's 180! So far so good! 

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I finished my sappy Jojo Moyes book last night and am now started Helter Skleter: The True Story of the Manson Murders. :P That's 180! So far so good! 

Perfect! I always have to split up my sappy books, I never enjoy them if I read them back to back. 

Im currently about 25% of the way through The Family Fang, which I guess was made into a movie several years ago. It's really cute though, hopefully I'll get through it before its due back to the library.

• Upvote 2

There By Hangs a Tail by Spencer Quinn. It is from the Chet the Dog mystery series. I need light and happy right now.

9 hours ago, catlady said:

started The Poisonwood Bible last night.  less than 100 pages in, and i'm already hooked.

Excellent choice and one of the best books I've ever read.

• Upvote 3

I'm reading the Ebook version of The Japanese Lover by Rani Manicka.

This is a book I've wanted to read for awhile but it wasn't available through the library. The ebook was $4.99 which is less than ordering it from Amazon since shipping is $3.99 plus the cost of the book. And I didn't have to wait!! 

• Upvote 1

I've finished with Helter Skelter and have moved onto Lord of the Shadows (The Dark Artifices book #2) by Cassandra Clare. I will fully admit to loving a bit of YA fantasy! :) 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I will fully admit to loving a bit of YA fantasy!

Every once in a while, I go on a YA excursion.  I just finished Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, and now I am reading Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt.  My summer reading is usually a bit lighter than my winter reading habits.

In between summertime fiction, I'm reading Simon Winchester's "A Crack in the Edge of the World," which is about the San Francisco earthquake of 1906.  Interesting read - and pictures!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Finished up my YA book and have moved onto The Poisonwood Bible! 

• Upvote 4

Just started Mississippi Blood - Greg Isles.  @Carm_88 is this your first time reading The Poisonwood Bible? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

Just started Mississippi Blood - Greg Isles.  @Carm_88 is this your first time reading The Poisonwood Bible? 

Ahhh I love those books! :) 

Yes it is. I'm already prepared for the horror. I've seen enough references around here to know that absolutely everything goes wrong! 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

i'm almost done with The Poisonwood Bible.  i won't say anything, other than that i will definitely read it again.  next on my list is an architectural study of colonial houses.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Wow you read fast. I wish I could sit and get in a few hours (hell I'd even take one) of reading time each night. Daughter always needs to interupt me because she needs me to go to the store RIGHT NOW for new flip flops (yea, that didn't happen) or husband comes in asking if there is anything I wanted to do that night. Umm I'm doing what I want to do right now, but he means what do I want to watch on TV. Nothing! I'm reading.

Oh dear, I think this should have been in the snark thread. Sorry y'all.  I'm going to go read my book while dinner cooks.

• Upvote 4

@onekidanddone I do but it's only me and the two cats. ;) They tend to make life easier for reading! They never demand flip flops! 

• Upvote 3

I'm reading Reservation Blues by Sherman Alexie! I am super excited because he is coming to my city this Fri for a book signing for the release of his new memoir. 

• Upvote 4

I got the Poisonwood Bible to read (again)... it's been a long time, and since being here and learning so much about what is wrong in the world... I am revisiting it.

• Upvote 6

I'm working my way through the Irish Country Doctor series by Patrick Taylor. I'm really enjoying both the humor and the dialect/linguistic additions.

• Upvote 2

Thanks to another thread (can't remember which one) I'm reading Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. I absolutely love it! 

• Upvote 3

I just finished up The Poisonwood Bible while I fight off a summer cold. I'm going to start Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith (J.K Rowling) once I find the energy! 

• Upvote 3

Currently reading Six Tudor Queens: Katherine of Aragon, The true queen by Alison Weir - a fictional account of time in England, the second book in the series (Anne Boleyn) has just been published too.
Next on the list inspired by this thread is Fried Green Tomatoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

I've just finished Anatomy of a Soldier, by Harry Parker, and I can definitely recommend it! Whereas stories are usually narrated from a human, sometimes animal, perspective, this story is narrated completely by objects. This provides a really good perspective on how much we rely on and use objects, and how objects actually figure in our lives.

Edited by Marly
grammar
  • Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I just finished up The Poisonwood Bible while I fight off a summer cold. I'm going to start Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith (J.K Rowling) once I find the energy! 

I love all the books by "Robert Galbraith". I'm eagerly awaiting the next one in the series.

I've just started The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules. My mind is still in Whistle Stop so I'm having trouble getting into it but I'll transition sometime.

• Upvote 2

Career of Evil was good! :) I am now reading I Found You by Lisa Jewell or rather I will be later tonight! 

• Upvote 2

I Found You was good! Wouldn't call it spectacular but it was an easy read. Starting on Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls! :) 

• Upvote 2

Half Broke Horses was pretty good! :) Moved onto a little Stephen King with The Shining! 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic