IGNORED

Erika Shupe *grim rictus* Large Families on Purpose Part 3

happy atheist

2 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

How the hell does she know this?! It's not in the Bible! :pb_surprised: 

Oh, wait. God must have told her...

Duh! Of course he did. God has Erika on speed-dial.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I poked around on her website blog for the first time yesterday. Holy shit, what a nutjob!

Spoiler

dammit, no spoiler; hit the button by mistake again.

I actually had a weird zombie apocalypse/Erica Shupe food planning dream last night. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well.  :P

18 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

Erika, these are called toppings. 

But toppings can be top, like the top you wear to cover your "dirty pillows" region, and that might make men think of sex, like the way pants do!  So they can't be called "toppings," you heathen!

7 minutes ago, Jingerbread said:

But toppings can be top, like the top you wear to cover your "dirty pillows" region, and that might make men think of sex, like the way pants do!  So they can't be called "toppings," you heathen!

O.k., but condiment kind of reminds me of the word condom and that also might make men think of sex.  And birth control!

How about "salad fixin's" ?

But I guess "fix" is also a synonym for spay or neuter. Oh dear. Maybe they just shouldn't eat salads anymore.

1 hour ago, Jingerbread said:

You're right. *hangs head in shame* And naturally, this leads them to the crotch area. :naughty:

I'm off to the prayer closet. :pray:

51 minutes ago, kpmom said:

O.k., but condiment kind of reminds me of the word condom and that also might make men think of sex.  And birth control!

Wow. Clearly you have an evil mind, too. :naughty:

44 minutes ago, happy atheist said:

How about "salad fixin's" ?

But I guess "fix" is also a synonym for spay or neuter. Oh dear. Maybe they just shouldn't eat salads anymore.

And of course, "dressings" might lead one to think of sex, as well.

Damn, it's hard to be a gangsta  fundie. 

On December 14, 2015 at 5:24 AM, usmcmom said:

*speaks in embarrassed whisper*....I like Russian tea.  It was first introduced to me in college when my roommate's mother sent her a  container of it for the winter.  I think they called it Friendship tea.  Maybe I like it because it brings back fond memories of waiting a half hour for my hot pot to heat up enough water for us each to have a cup.  But I did just make a small batch for myself a couple weeks ago.   I like to sip it when I have a cold.  My recipe is a little different than Erika's, I think.  I use ground cloves (my favorite) and cinnamon.  I have given it as a gift - but only to people who've told me they like it; and I tend to make it more as a gift basket filler to go with other "snow day" items. 

Okay, so I'll admit it, I LOVE this stuff. A friend brought it to a retreat (she called it spiced cider) and I came home with the rest of the jar. I liked it so much that I messaged her for the recipe and then I almost died when I read the ingredients. Lemonade mix, tea mix, tang, a bunch of cinnamon and a crap ton of sugar. It was like diabetes-waiting-to-happen-in-a-jar. I never buy those mixes and I'm a bit of a food snob so I never ended up making it. But I did hide that jar from my family and make myself a small cup every day until tje sad day when it was all gone 

1 hour ago, iweartanktops6 said:

You're right. *hangs head in shame* And naturally, this leads them to the crotch area. :naughty:

Erika reminds me of that old saying- "All roads lead to Rome." 

"All things lead to crotches." 

:pb_lol:

On 12/15/2015 at 9:08 PM, iweartanktops6 said:

And of course, "dressings" might lead one to think of sex, as well.

Damn, it's hard to be a gangsta  fundie

An ex of mine was raised so fundy from the age of a year onward that his name was changed.  He wasn't kidding when he said that chicken has white and dark mean since the names of the parts are sexual, salad toppings aren't mentioned since there's no choice because there aren't non-sexual terms, and on and on.  Communicating with him was hard.  Condiment/condom never came up, but dressing, toppings (I didn't create that one), names of chicken parts, and vanilla ice cream were some forbidden things.

An ex of mine was raised so fundy from the age of a year onward that his name was changed.  He wasn't kidding when he said that chicken has white and dark mean since the names of the parts are sexual, salad toppings aren't mentioned since there's no choice because there aren't non-sexual terms, and on and on.  Communicating with him was hard.  Condiment/condom never came up, but dressing, toppings (I didn't create that one), names of chicken parts, and vanilla ice cream were some forbidden things.

0_o Leave it to the fundies to find a way to make food into something sexual.

6 hours ago, Babycakes said:

Okay, so I'll admit it, I LOVE this stuff. A friend brought it to a retreat (she called it spiced cider) and I came home with the rest of the jar. I liked it so much that I messaged her for the recipe and then I almost died when I read the ingredients. Lemonade mix, tea mix, tang, a bunch of cinnamon and a crap ton of sugar. It was like diabetes-waiting-to-happen-in-a-jar. I never buy those mixes and I'm a bit of a food snob so I never ended up making it. But I did hide that jar from my family and make myself a small cup every day until tje sad day when it was all gone 

Haha Yeah, I didn't mean to dog it too badly. I think its definitely a generational and geographical divide between those who like it and dislike it. I'm definitely not a food snob but I've never been a fan of Tang. I love tea so the idea of mixing tea and Tang makes me kinda sad inside. 

Erika posted pics of her and Bob at a Christmas party for some association to which he belongs. Its a good picture of the two of them but I wonder if the kiddos are having protein bars and popcorn for dinner tonight.

WOW! :pb_eek:

You're telling me that instead of asking for "chicken breast," they literally ask for "white meat," instead? Really

And I'm over here like, "pass me the deviled eggs, please." :my_biggrin:

So Erika shared this photo that someone else posted on Facebook with the comment "Interesting idea."

Um, Erika. 1) Your kids are already doing all of those things, every day. And not because they did something wrong. And 2) Your kids are perepetually grounded. They are literally not allowed to leave the house without you either way. Please tell me how grounding them would look different from the hell that is their every day lives?

11802564_10153199847358090_8027299904212636043_o.jpg

15 hours ago, Babycakes said:

I'll fess up to the Russian tea love, too. I'm a powdered drink mix snob, so I wouldn't drink tang or tea mix on their own, but somehow when you put them together, it's magic. The lemonade mix is too sweet for me, though. I usually make my mix without it, and then squeeze a lemon into it when I mix the drink.

10 hours ago, defraudingjezebel said:

Haha Yeah, I didn't mean to dog it too badly. I think its definitely a generational and geographical divide between those who like it and dislike it. I'm definitely not a food snob but I've never been a fan of Tang. I love tea so the idea of mixing tea and Tang makes me kinda sad inside. 

Erika posted pics of her and Bob at a Christmas party for some association to which he belongs. Its a good picture of the two of them but I wonder if the kiddos are having protein bars and popcorn for dinner tonight.

Probably, yeah. I can't imagine Erika leaving them with anything substantial. 

9 hours ago, JillyO said:

So Erika shared this photo that someone else posted on Facebook with the comment "Interesting idea."

Um, Erika. 1) Your kids are already doing all of those things, every day. And not because they did something wrong. And 2) Your kids are perepetually grounded. They are literally not allowed to leave the house without you either way. Please tell me how grounding them would look different from the hell that is their every day lives?

11802564_10153199847358090_8027299904212636043_o.jpg

This wouldn't necessarily be a bad punishment chart for non-Fundie kids, perhaps, but for those Fundie kids that are treated badly? Is the goal of such things to make the kids grateful for additional work (aka slave labor)?

Sorry if this has been brought up already (as I'm new to the Erica Shupe shenanigans), but I just saw a pic on her site for the "delicious" smoothies that she makes her kids drink. It looks exactly like the grossness that I dealt with after I had an appendectomy; I won't go into additional details, but it was really gross. Thanks so much for the reminder, Erica.  :8U:

Ugh! When did facebook start this shit? I can't see public pages anymore; I get a pop-up telling me to sign up. I'm not going to do that. Anyone know anyway to get around this? It can't be X-ed out of or be scrolled past -- it's just a giant thing in the middle of the screen! I fucking hate facebook and how it controls everything!:Grrrrr:

29 minutes ago, Seven Severn said:

Ugh! When did facebook start this shit? I can't see public pages anymore; I get a pop-up telling me to sign up. I'm not going to do that. Anyone know anyway to get around this? It can't be X-ed out of or be scrolled past -- it's just a giant thing in the middle of the screen! I fucking hate facebook and how it controls everything!:Grrrrr:

Make a fake fundie profile, perhaps?

5 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

Make a fake fundie profile, perhaps?

But that would mean giving in to what facebook wants. I won't do that! :stamps feet:  :STAMPS FEET REALLY FUCKING HARD:

I'll probably break down and do exactly as you suggest. I'll do it on Safari and it'll be the only thing I do on that browser so I won't give fucking facebook the satisfaction of tracking me.

A little behind but I just had to react to the bathroom thing.  That is insane. ERIKA YOU HAVE MORE KIDS THAN YOU CAN HANDLE SUCK IT UP. 

though its its even more ridiculous since someone mentioned that much more dignified key idea. 

When I was a kid I LOVED playing with water. I've always loved the water and water adventures were my favorite so I'd always have them in the sink. 

I also went through a phase where I was obsessed with playing with food coloring. I'd put it in the water and dye cloths and paper towels different colors. I'd love seeing how many shades of colors I could make. But God imagine Erika seeing something like that. 

"CLOTHS ARE NOT MEANT FOR DYING. PAPER TOWELS ARE MEANT TO CLEAN UP MESSES. USING THINGS IN A WAY THEY ARENT MEANT TO BE USED WILL SEND YOU ON A SLIPPERY SLOPE TO HELL!!!!!!!"

49 minutes ago, Seven Severn said:

But that would mean giving in to what facebook wants. I won't do that! :stamps feet:  :STAMPS FEET REALLY FUCKING HARD:

I'll probably break down and do exactly as you suggest. I'll do it on Safari and it'll be the only thing I do on that browser so I won't give fucking facebook the satisfaction of tracking me.

I had to do something similar so I could see things on Pinterest. :mad:

1 hour ago, Seven Severn said:

Solidarity over here, sister!  I've got just a few holdouts left, and fake book was a HUGE one.  I, too, and stamping the crap out of my foot that I can't stalk fundie pages in the peace and quiet of my own damn home without some unseen overlord making me confess all my data....wait.  No wonder they're all on fake book!! :lol:

Still pisses me off, though.  I'm going to try not to give in. Ugh.  Just wanted you to know you're not alone in your fight!

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived