IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 8: They Call Him Choo Choo?

happy atheist

I was reading the comments on the November 23, 2015 blog posting and I came across an interesting comment. It seems like the local expat community already doesn't like them. Not surprised. Also, additional confirmation that they are in Guatemala not El Salvador. 

A poster name Sam posted the following "Many of us have moved to this small town in Guatemala in search of peace and serenity. You have undoubtedly seen and met fellow Americans, Canadians, Europeans and others who enjoy the culture and the slow pace here. With respect, we do not want cameras and reality TV shows being filmed here. This is a small community. Enjoy your time here, but please understand that your presence in this town (along with a "TV special") makes many of us uncomfortable. It would be heartbreaking to have this town overrun with a media circus. You have the right to live and travel wherever you want. But please, think of the rest of us who have been here for years and years the next time you send out a press release. This town is a little jewel in the mountains. I hope you will contribute to keeping it this way."

I was surprised the Dillard Family actually allowed negative comments to appear on their blog.

Here's an example of one: "Can't help but notice that the locals you guys pose with in pictures always appear better fed and dressed than any Duggar. Take care of your baby, he looks like he's on his last leg."

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, my Mum ate pretty healthy and gained very little weight herself during her pregnancies, but all 7 of us (no multiples) were over 9 lbs. On the 6th the doctors figured out why -- gestational diabetes. It's very common, but didn't used to be tested for much. 

Edit: I have no idea what's going on with the quotes, but I've clearly messed it up!

I was reading the comments on the November 23, 2015 blog posting and I came across an interesting comment. It seems like the local expat community already doesn't like them. Not surprised. Also, additional confirmation that they are in Guatemala not El Salvador. 

A poster name Sam posted the following "Many of us have moved to this small town in Guatemala in search of peace and serenity. You have undoubtedly seen and met fellow Americans, Canadians, Europeans and others who enjoy the culture and the slow pace here. With respect, we do not want cameras and reality TV shows being filmed here. This is a small community. Enjoy your time here, but please understand that your presence in this town (along with a "TV special") makes many of us uncomfortable. It would be heartbreaking to have this town overrun with a media circus. You have the right to live and travel wherever you want. But please, think of the rest of us who have been here for years and years the next time you send out a press release. This town is a little jewel in the mountains. I hope you will contribute to keeping it this way."

I was surprised the Dillard Family actually allowed negative comments to appear on their blog.

Here's an example of one: "Can't help but notice that the locals you guys pose with in pictures always appear better fed and dressed than any Duggar. Take care of your baby, he looks like he's on his last leg."

What is the press release they are talking about?  Did they send a press release identifying the town they are in?  The language school is supposed to be in El Salvador.  

Maybe they moved to Guatemala to film the Special? 

What is the press release they are talking about?  Did they send a press release identifying the town they are in?  The language school is supposed to be in El Salvador.  

Maybe they moved to Guatemala to film the Special? 

Inquistir had an article back in October that the Dillard Family was moving to Retalhuleu, Guatemala because it is safer than El Salvador.

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2487038/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillard-move-to-retalhuleu-guatemala/

I, however, was unable to locate the press release that poster Sam mentioned in his or her comment.

To be honest, this response is actually really annoying. I agree that Jill and Derick are idiots and filming in the town must be annoying but I can't help but feel a sense of entitlement from Americans and other white people over the "small town charm" of Guatemala. You'll never catch them dead in a larger city and they often purposely exclude themselves from natives aside from tourist-y attractions. Not only that but they're pushing up the costs of living in an already impoverished country. Sorry if I'm ranty but I'm a first generation Guatemalan American and my family fled the country due to war and genocide. I wish we could go back to our beautiful country to "experience the slow pace and culture" but we can't because we're too poor to afford to live among the Americans and Europeans. Instead my family had to flee the slums while these people can just coast in a fantasy paradise while ignoring the ugly realities of Guatemalan life that was caused by American imperialism.

Sorry but this comment just REALLY rubbed me the wrong way.

ETA: this is in no way attacking you @accountingstar! I'm just posting my own thoughts on the matter because this is a really common attitude among non Guatemalans who occupy the smaller, nicer towns like Antigua (idk if that's where Jerrick lives though) and it's just grating.

Inquistir had an article back in October that the Dillard Family was moving to Retalhuleu, Guatemala because it is safer than El Salvador.

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2487038/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillard-move-to-retalhuleu-guatemala/

I, however, was unable to locate the press release that poster Sam mentioned in his or her comment.

Is it confirmed that they are in Retalhuleu, Guatemala,?  I remember we weren't sure that the person asking questions in the expatriate forum was Jill.

I thought they were at a language school for Fundies in El Salvador or else in Antigua, but we have all been guessing.  

I am wondering if there was really a press release or if poster Sam is  confused.  Did he say he was in Retalhuleu?  Honestly, those Dillards sure act mysterious about "their mission."

Confession time... I've never had Velveeta. I didn't grow up in a crunchy organic family -- we got Taco Bell on the way to or from activities about twice a week and I vaguely remember eating a lot of Balance Bars when I was 8-10, so we were not super well-rounded nutritionally (we ate green beans a lot too and my parents weren't neglectful, don't worry). But we never had Velveeta in the house growing up and I've never bought it. I'm sure I've had it in potluck meals and various prepared foods, but I don't even understand what it is. Is it in the cold case of the grocery store or does it come as a room temperature orange slab? 

Room temperature orange slab, usually found with the fake Kraft parmesan cheese. When you make it with Rotell or salsa as a dip, the bowl foams up in a big way when you go to rinse it out with hot water. I quit eating it. That and ramen noodles.

Jill just posted a new photo of Derick and Izzy. Do Izzy's eyes look like a child with Down's Syndrome? Or am I totally off base? I have a friend with a little boy who is a Down's child and the eyes are so similar. I also have a friend who's child was diagnosed with a rare syndrome, at the same age,  with Koolen-DeVries Syndrome. 

I have thought that ever since he was born. I'm glad it's not just me

Room temperature orange slab, usually found with the fake Kraft parmesan cheese. When you make it with Rotell or salsa as a dip, the bowl foams up in a big way when you go to rinse it out with hot water. I quit eating it. That and ramen noodles.

I made the mistake of looking at the sodium content of ramen noodles in college. I haven't eaten the stuff since. Sigh. They were yummy...

I do not think Jill or Jessa are small, but rather averaged sized- They had large babies probably because they were consuming too many calories...both of their IGs, particularly Jessa's, were filled with pictures of FF and treats- 

Jill might be more short waisted, hence the belly going straight out. Jessa had more room in her torso to work with-

Mine were both sunny side up and never turned- Thank God for c-sections after nearly 30 hours of Induction with the first and barely 7 lbs,

Those Duggars birth gigantic babies.

I don't know -- I gained a lot of weight both times (50 lbs each time) and my starting weights for both kids were ~105 for my first and ~110 with my second. I ate a lot and gained a lot of weight, but my first was 7 pounds 4 oz, and my second was 8 pounds even. I'm not sure that eating a lot has a lot to do with big babies. Maybe genetics has more influence?

My cardiologist actually told me to add as much salt as I can to everything. I love salt, so that was happy news!

It doesn't take much vitamin C to prevent scurvy, but I actually have heard of college students getting it because they ate nothing but ramen noodles.

My guess is restricted portion sizes. It's been noted many times that Josh gained a lot of weight when he married, moved out, and had more to eat. The girls also eat a lot of iceberg salad- or at least, that's what they said on the show.

A lot of the older Duggars (mostly J'chelle and the girls, but I think also JB and Josh) have done Weight Watchers, and even mentioned it on the show. The thing is WW has partnerships with many packaged food companies, so it doesn't really break that habit. I don't know about the actual meetings and if they encourage more fruits/veggies and 'real' food b/c I haven't been to one.

I like to cook, and I can come up with healthier, and easy to make meals than the slop the Duggars concoct. It's not that hard to do. Even canned and frozen veggies are becoming more nutritious. The same can be said for restaurants, even fast food.

As to what you eat becoming a habit, that can be overcome gradually. Just do it one dish at a time. Oh, and seasonings and spices are your friend.

On the topic of Food, I'm going to try to make a healthier pizza from scratch today... wish me luck 

I have thought that ever since he was born. I'm glad it's not just me

I don't think Israel has Down Syndrome/another chromosomal abnormality. If he did, we wouldn't hear the end of the Dillards/Duggars vigorously patting themselves on the back for not aborting him.

There's nothing dysmorphic about Izzy's features at all. The only thing "wrong" with him is that he looks exactly like Jim Bob and Jill. Look for baby pictures of Jill...same exact face. Although considering he could have looked like his father and paternal uncle, he majorly lucked out. 

I know, I know...low blow. In all seriousness, I actually think he's a pretty cute baby. Not anywhere near Bradley Bates' level of cute--that kid set the standard for fundie babies--but he's not at all at the, "Well, isn't he just precious" end of the spectrum.

Not anywhere near Bradley Bates' level of cute--that kid set the standard for fundie babies--but he's not at all at the, "Well, isn't he just precious" end of the spectrum.

Bradley Bates set the standard for all babies everywhere.

Bradley Bates set the standard for all babies everywhere.

His two cousins are not that far behind either. Those bates sure make cute babies.

A lot of the older Duggars (mostly J'chelle and the girls, but I think also JB and Josh) have done Weight Watchers, and even mentioned it on the show. The thing is WW has partnerships with many packaged food companies, so it doesn't really break that habit. I don't know about the actual meetings and if they encourage more fruits/veggies and 'real' food b/c I haven't been to one.

I've experimented with Weight Watchers in the past. Fruits and veggies (most, not all) are 0 points, meaning you can have unlimited servings. This makes them a really great snack since they fill you up (though Erika Shupe would disagree!) for "nothing." They encourage you to be mindful about consumption though, since those foods do have calories.  

The problem w/consumption w/unlimited fruits & veg. is  that they will clean your clock, occasionally, w/o warning.

Could be that's why J&D chose to eat foods they're familiar with. I know whenever we go country-hopping, we can get

a mean case of traveler's revenge if we indulge in the local cuisine too often.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived