IGNORED

Josh Duggar Part 9: Adult Film Star Lawsuits are so Godly

happy atheist

"You generally claim the maximum allowable for the injury so that you don't reduce the quantum of any eventual judgment. So, you claim $1mill so that a judge can award $1mill, whereas if you claim $10k, a judge is often unable to award $1mill in circumstances where they would have done so in other circumstances" 

I'm not sure how civil litigation works in Australia, but us courts CAN award WELL MORE than a litigant asks for. I'm a retired cop and I've seen the results of quite a few civil cases, and while yes, generally they ask for a ton, expecting less- they aren't limited to a judgement based on what they asked for.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean they "tattled" on the crew, I meant JB prob. asked them where they were & they said, "We went for a beer w/the crew" or JB smelled beer on them & questioned them. And why didn't "the boys" tell JB to EFF it.

What is "famyfriday." Is that a FJ term or is it a real thing?

T

I don't mean they "tattled" on the crew, I meant JB prob. asked them where they were & they said, "We went for a beer w/the crew" or JB smelled beer on them & questioned them. And why didn't "the boys" tell JB to EFF it.

If they went for a beer with the crew willingly, they would know that they would be doing something that was forbidden.   So I will grant that the "tattling" might have occurred when they were caught somehow or got hit by a need to confess to their dad afterward.    The surprising thing is that most young guys their age doing drinking on the sly would not confess to it if they could get away with it. 

And telling your controlling dad who has the "my house, my rules that treat you like a kid even when you are an adult" mindset to eff it doesn't work.  Ask me how I know. 

It's an instagram account, nothing to do with FJ.  If you go on Instagram and search that person's profile, its kind of a mocking the duggars type profile.

I'm not buying it. Sounds like JD & Joseph went to have a beer w/them & JB questioned them & they confessed. JD & Joseph are not "children."

The way I read it, "the children" referred to the brood back at the house which these four men were going to film again the next day.  Apparently JB was demanding abstention from alcohol and conservative clothing from the crew etc. so they wouldn't be a bad example.

There is another story of a female producer being made to change her blouse because it was too Nike.   If the source is not making all this up, what I find most interesting is the way TLC was catering to JB.

ETA:  And I don't think the boys went to get a beer with the crew;  I think they ran int the crew drinking beer and either decided to report to JB or were questioned and revealed it.  

It's strange to me, I think actual family support combined with actual therapy from an educated psychologist could make all the difference to Josh. But they don't do that, the Duggars prefer to just pay lip service to the idea of family support while they write letters (probably 95% scripture) and avoid any meaningful contact, like visiting him and hugging him and helping him address the emotional problems that led to his repeated self-destructive and sometimes violent/predatory behavior. I just can't imagine he could manage substantial recovery when he's going to be sent right back into the place where his problems first developed and were ignored and brushed under the rug. And while I feel like Josh's recovery is less important than the recovery of his victims, for a family that seems so dedicated to helping him and him alone, they don't even do a good job of that.

I guess I mean that I agree with EmCatlyn. Their behavior absolutely suggests that they care less about the welfare of their children than the welfare of the family image. It's so gross.

True in a functional family.

The Duggars are so far away from being functionally healthy that there is no way his family could have a positive contribution to his "therapy." 

They placed the foundation for all of his issues with their whacked out thinking and cult tendencies.

The way I read it, "the children" referred to the brood back at the house which these four men were going to film again the next day.  Apparently JB was demanding abstention from alcohol and conservative clothing from the crew etc. so they wouldn't be a bad example.

There is another story of a female producer being made to change her blouse because it was too Nike.   If the source is not making all this up, what I find most interesting is the way TLC was catering to JB.

I have no doubt that TLC was catering to JB many times.   TLC was making money off the family so of course they would bow to JB's demands.

That would have made the cancellation of the show all the more shocking to JB.   No doubt he was trying with all his might to keep the gravy train going in the wake of Joshgate, it must have a big adjustment to see his requests / demands not making any real traction.    Of course, we still have the Jill/Jessa specials coming up so eventually something worked and I can see JB continuing to try to get his family back on TV.   This is one reason that as opportunistic as Danica Dillon's lawsuit appears to me, it does do one thing:  it keeps Joshie Boy's sins in the public eye and therefore making it more difficult for the show to come back as it once was.

Some of the most interesting quotes from bassxcandy: 

• bassxcandyI feel like Derick was more of a real person when he was in Kathmandu alone. He went to a real college and made a deliberate decision to serve solo. When you see him in the footage with Jill during their courtship he seems a lot different. Just a regular guy. Getting married to Jill and having a baby, then making an immediate decision to move to a different country seems forced. Seems like an unplanned escape from the scandals at a really bad time. I think that's why this mission seems so shady.

bassxcandyAlso, it's 100% true that Jinger wants to flee and become a photographer based in New York City, but she isn't allowed. This was an actual conversation had with my friend. #freejinger

And regarding the Nike crew member: 

• bassxcandySo when I was talking to my friend, he said that the Producer knew something was up when none of the boys would make eye contact with her. Then Jim Bob had to communicate with my friend (who is male) to instruct her to change clothes.

Who knows how much of this is true or not, but it's fun to follow. People are still asking her questions. 

Seriously? JB went off on grown ass people for having a few beers after work? One of them should have thrown a beer at him and told him fuck off.

Well did you happen to forget that if anyone who is near of his perfect, holy, godly children even dares to commit worldly evil acts such as drinking beer or watching tv (and somehow child abuse is not part of it, in his logic) his little brood is tainted forever in god's eyes and jim jong bob's ego will not be able to handle it 

my father drinks beer and I can tell he is a lot better dad than jumbo king boob is  

My maternal Grandparents liked to drink beer, as do my parents.  My Grandma really liked it when us Grandchildren all got old enough to have beers with.  And they all were much better parents than RimJob or the Missus ever were.

This was discussed a page ago, but in regards to Jim Bob's dad, his named was James Lee (and I think he actually went by JL), and his comments about Michelle go back way before Josie or Jubilee. If you're looking to watch his little interview I'm pretty sure it was in the first season or so of the show, around the time Jordyn was being born, but they may have actually done the interview in one of the earlier specials. I know he was at the house when Josh first brought Anna up from Florida to meet his family, that may have been when they interviewed him about his thoughts on the size of the family. I think by the time Josie was born, though, his health had deteriorated so significantly that he couldn't really communicate anymore. They maybe played some of those clips again in the episode that covered his funeral, though.

I thought Grandpa Duggar died when Jordyn was an infant.  I remember a healthy infant Lost Girl in his funeral episode.  

I wonder if that thing about Jinger is real though. It all seems so convenient, when we talk about it so frequently on FJ...

I thought Grandpa Duggar died when Jordyn was an infant.  I remember a healthy infant Lost Girl in his funeral episode.  

Yes, Grandpa Duggar died the second season. I think he died before Mack was born too. It was the episode titled "Duggars say Goodbye" or something like that.

Thanks for the bassxcandy screen shots. I'm really sceptical about this "insider" though. She sounds like she's telling us what we want to hear: Jim Bob is crazy, Derick was normal at first, Ben was always weird, Jenny is a rebel, Jinger really wants to escape to New York City, and then the #Free[J-Name] at the end of some posts? It's all so convenient, as princessmahina said above. 

It will be interesting to see what comes out about the Duggars in the next 5-10 years.  I think Mommy Dearest will look like an after school special compared to the tell all any of the TLC crew could write.  

It will be interesting to see what comes out about the Duggars in the next 5-10 years.  I think Mommy Dearest will look like an after school special compared to the tell all any of the TLC crew could write.  

Oh definitely.  I think there's a lot we don't know about the "wholesome Christian family".   The Joshgates were really the beginning.   While TLC crew are effectively gagged, they can't stop other people.  The Joshgates were proof of that.

I know that we will have a 2016 prediction thread - but I see indictments in the Duggar future.  Whether its money shenanigans, political shenanigans, or sexual shenanigans I'm not sure... I'm quite sure that we havent heard the end of their misdeeds. 

I know that we will have a 2016 prediction thread - but I see indictments in the Duggar future.  Whether its money shenanigans, political shenanigans, or sexual shenanigans I'm not sure... I'm quite sure that we havent heard the end of their misdeeds. 

Joshley, Jim Bob, Michelle, or some combination thereof?

All of the above and maybe JD also. He is old enough to know that some of the financial dealing he may be involved in are not up to snuff.

JB can not even talk to a woman reporter? Why? Is he afraid she may be smarter than he is or ask a question that goes over his feeble brain mind?

Telling someone to change their shirt can go wrong in so many ways. I wonder what will come out when the terms expire on the non competes of those that no longer will work with the Duggars or no longer work with TLC. That will be worth some reading.

I am really not sure how someone as idiotic as JB has elevated himself to "God". He can tell people what to wear and what to drink. I am sorry I do not trust JD. He has too many toys for a young man his age. I feel he saw them drinking and went to tell daddy to make himself look good. He doesn't have to do much since he is following is smarmy Josh's footsteps. No matter who told it was NONE of his JB's business at all. Their clothing on the job is no one's business but TLC's human resource department. I have asked my husband many times if males are really that uncontrollable with their sexual urges and he always gives me the big "eye roll".

Dont forget the "dillard family ministries." I'm not ruling out shenanigans with that as well. 

Thanks for the bassxcandy screen shots. I'm really sceptical about this "insider" though. She sounds like she's telling us what we want to hear: Jim Bob is crazy, Derick was normal at first, Ben was always weird, Jenny is a rebel, Jinger really wants to escape to New York City, and then the #Free[J-Name] at the end of some posts? It's all so convenient, as princessmahina said above. 

There's no reason to believe this person is telling the truth about having any inside knowledge.  She also references FJ in at least one post.  She seems to be simply parroting things that have been commented upon here.

Regarding the female producer:

We've read before that Jim Bob won't talk to waitresses or make eye contact with them.  Same with female reporters--except when it behooves him.  That REALLY makes me angry.  It's rude and really, not much different from the story that was posted some months ago about the Hassidic Jewish man (hope I've got that right) who refused to sit by a woman on an airplane.

I'm all for husbands taking precautions and attempting to remove themselves from conjecture to uphold their reputations, but this is really overboard and very, very rude.  If I were a waitress serving the Duggar clan, I would make it a strong point to interact with Jim Bob!  If he refused to talk to me, I'd engage his sons in conversation.  Jim Bob is living in the wrong country and the wrong culture for this kind of shenanigans.  I wouldn't want to live in a culture where Jim Bob felt comfortable, though.

Regarding the female producer:

We've read before that Jim Bob won't talk to waitresses or make eye contact with them.  Same with female reporters--except when it behooves him.  That REALLY makes me angry.  It's rude and really, not much different from the story that was posted some months ago about the Hassidic Jewish man (hope I've got that right) who refused to sit by a woman on an airplane.

I'm all for husbands taking precautions and attempting to remove themselves from conjecture to uphold their reputations, but this is really overboard and very, very rude.  If I were a waitress serving the Duggar clan, I would make it a strong point to interact with Jim Bob!  If he refused to talk to me, I'd engage his sons in conversation.  Jim Bob is living in the wrong country and the wrong culture for this kind of shenanigans.  I wouldn't want to live in a culture where Jim Bob felt comfortable, though.

It is very different for Jim Bob to refuse to talk to women (including a producer of his show) and for a religious person who believes he would incur some sort of ritual impurity by sitting next to an unrelated woman to ask for a different seat.  As far as I know there is no prohibition in Christianity against men addressing women and vice-versa.  JB is just being an a-hole. 

For the record, I think that rules that see contact with women as causing uncleanliness are bizarre, but I also see veiling as bizarre yet I respect that some people do these things out of faith. JB is not acting out of "faith"-- he is just being arrogant.

It is very different for Jim Bob to refuse to talk to women (including a producer of his show) and for a religious person who believes he would incur some sort of ritual impurity by sitting next to an unrelated woman to ask for a different seat.  As far as I know there is no prohibition in Christianity against men addressing women and vice-versa.  JB is just being an a-hole. 

For the record, I think that rules that see contact with women as causing uncleanliness are bizarre, but I also see veiling as bizarre yet I respect that some people do these things out of faith. JB is not acting out of "faith"-- he is just being arrogant.

JB is one of those guys whose "faith" is a great sounding excuse to act like a jerk.  

JB is one of those guys whose "faith" is a great sounding excuse to act like a jerk.  

I agree.  I think he wants it to appear that he's acting out of faith when, actually, he's been an absolute jackass.

(My apologies to all members of the donkey family.  You shouldn't be compared so unfairly and shamefully.)

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived