IGNORED

Josh Duggar Part 9: Adult Film Star Lawsuits are so Godly

happy atheist

Yeah, I think you're right about that. I had missed any previous eps. w/him in them.

I think they were showing clips of him when he got sick enough to move into the house.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also found his online memorial and fell down a genealogy rabbithole: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=33774692

Interesting to see how far back the naming convention went. The one who started it, William Copeland Duggar, named both of his sons James in the 1840s. One of them went to pass it on (and on and on), and the other lucked out by having only daughters. I guess naming traditions are in the blood?

I came over here to post exactly this. hiya fellow BG reader. ;-) It's so deliciously Duggarific to botch asset transfer just like they botch everything else - press releases, stray pictures of Jessa's exposed shoulders in the hospital, etc.

I started reading BG after it was posted a few times and I haven't been able to stop. And yeah, you'd think after 19 kids they'd just have one kids' job be to follow the parents behind and say, "are you sure?" before they hit send or publish. But that would take self awareness :o

*Snip*

I think that Michelle would have to have some side effects to all those pregnancies and she might be in horrible pain. I do think that she is on something, just the way she looks and speaks but of course I am not a "Licensed Medical Professional!" :P 

So many pregnancies would have undoubted effects on her bones and joints (due to the calcium depletion of the mother during fetal development.) osteoporosis or similar conditions wouldn't be unlikely in my opinion. but similarly, i'm a lawyer not a doctor! 

So many pregnancies would have undoubted effects on her bones and joints (due to the calcium depletion of the mother during fetal development.) osteoporosis or similar conditions wouldn't be unlikely in my opinion. but similarly, i'm a lawyer not a doctor! 

You can see huge differences in her height depending on when a picture is taken. Look at photos of her from the first specials and compare them to her height now. There is absolutely some level of osteoporosis or other kind of skeletal effect to her frequent pregnancies. She's lost several inches at least, just by sight.

I also found his online memorial and fell down a genealogy rabbithole: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=33774692

Interesting to see how far back the naming convention went. The one who started it, William Copeland Duggar, named both of his sons James in the 1840s. One of them went to pass it on (and on and on), and the other lucked out by having only daughters. I guess naming traditions are in the blood?

Speaking of the genealogy rabbithole... I've been putting together the full family tree (Duggar/Ruark, plus Keller, Dillard, Seewald still to go). If there's interest, I'll start a thread. Sneak peak: a Duggar daughter's baby name is, against all odds, technically a family name...

Speaking of the genealogy rabbithole... I've been putting together the full family tree (Duggar/Ruark, plus Keller, Dillard, Seewald still to go). If there's interest, I'll start a thread. Sneak peak: a Duggar daughter's baby name is, against all odds, technically a family name...

I want to see it!

I'd be interested if you wanted to get into Duggar genealogy. I feel like the upbringing of every kid has a huge influence on how they turn out... nature and nurture are cohabitors of a person's psyche. I'm very curious which baby might be a family name, aside from James, haha. (But maybe I'm more interested in naming conventions, because it seems to have a weird influence on people's lives. Would JimBob still be JimBob if he were named Charles or Shane or Landon or Alexander? People might have treated him differently his whole life and he may not have turned into the creeper hillbilly cliche that he has become... well. Wishful thinking.)

I want to see it!

Ok! I'll think about the best way to capture the information for sharing here. My favorite part of genealogy tends to be the odd tidbits of info and interesting diversions I stumble upon when researching... and the names, too of course! There's plenty interesting stuff so far.

I'd be interested if you wanted to get into Duggar genealogy. I feel like the upbringing of every kid has a huge influence on how they turn out... nature and nurture are cohabitors of a person's psyche. I'm very curious which baby might be a family name, aside from James, haha. (But maybe I'm more interested in naming conventions, because it seems to have a weird influence on people's lives. Would JimBob still be JimBob if he were named Charles or Shane or Landon or Alexander? People might have treated him differently his whole life and he may not have turned into the creeper hillbilly cliche that he has become... well. Wishful thinking.)

Yep, those are the questions I'm interested in, too -- it's hard to believe the picture would look the same if the puzzle pieces were different.

*  Surround your children with biographies of great Christians AND the stories of great leaders, military and sports heroes, great artists and musicians, extraordinary scientists, and ordinary people who overcame

I would sorely like to know who he thinks belongs on this list. 

Honestly, it's really interesting to me how many children passed before JimBob actually named a kid James. I mean, in his family, it was the first boy (for most of them), and while there's absolutely something to be said for Michelle's input, I think in most ways she's always been a very traditional sort of wife and would have had no problem with naming the first or secondborn son after his father. But they waited until child #13 to pass on that particular crown, and 7 of those were boys. Of course, Josh's middle name is James, but that's not the tradition since the 1840s, is it? Like maybe in JBs mind, he was rebelling. And continued rebelling by procreating far beyond anything any historical Duggars had ever done, because he could, goddammit. (Though if he wanted to really rock the boat he could have changed the name back to Dugger :pb_lol: )

And I wonder what Josh felt about all that. Would it have irritated him that brother #8 was named James when he was clearly the more cloying and deserving of such fatherly recognition? He seems to have always wanted to emulate his dad in just about every way, except that he seems to have had bigger dreams as a kid. JB has never claimed to have had any goals other than what he actually achieved, nor has Michelle expressed any of her youthful hopes. The most we've gotten from either of them were that when they first got married, they thought 'maybe one, maybe two or three... or maybe four' children. Blah blah blah.

I wonder what they really imagined for themselves growing up, what their parents made them feel was possible. Maybe they were disappointed by their lot and thought it was kinder to just squash dreams like Josh's, seeing it as impractical because it would require higher education that would bring on debt, or that he might not be able to test for through homeschooling, or impractical because he would have to be able to support a family through immediate means and he was a young deviant, so obviously his goals were less important than healing his deviance through god-sanctioned sexual gratification...

Honestly, it's really interesting to me how many children passed before JimBob actually named a kid James. I mean, in his family, it was the first boy (for most of them), and while there's absolutely something to be said for Michelle's input, I think in most ways she's always been a very traditional sort of wife and would have had no problem with naming the first or secondborn son after his father. But they waited until child #13 to pass on that particular crown, and 7 of those were boys. Of course, Josh's middle name is James, but that's not the tradition since the 1840s, is it? Like maybe in JBs mind, he was rebelling. And continued rebelling by procreating far beyond anything any historical Duggars had ever done, because he could, goddammit. (Though if he wanted to really rock the boat he could have changed the name back to Dugger :pb_lol: )

Well, remember that Jim-Bob didn't have a particularly great relationship with his father. Plus, he made up for not using it as the first son's first name by using it 4 times total...

Who does that. It's like they were too lazy to come up w/a middle name. Choosing names is practically the only fun part of being pregnant.

You can see huge differences in her height depending on when a picture is taken. Look at photos of her from the first specials and compare them to her height now. There is absolutely some level of osteoporosis or other kind of skeletal effect to her frequent pregnancies. She's lost several inches at least, just by sight.

There would have to be some effect and I do see what you mean about the height thing. I was thinking osteoporosis too because I know my grandmother who had a number of pregnancies, not 19 (counting J'Caleb and Jubliee), but she had osteoporosis later in life. Plus as we were talking about in the Jill thread, they don't exactly have the best nutrition so I don't know how much calcium she is getting. 

I think that I may be to scared to take a genealogical glance at the Duggar family tree.

You know strictly from a 6 degrees of separation thought process.

If we are 8th cousins once removed and I find out about it what if that knowledge burns into my subconscious and  within a few weeks my skirts get longer and longer. The next step would be tossing my BC and saying a solemn prayer for all the babies I have murdered by taking that little pill every month. Before you know it I am banned from this site because I have a deep need to inaccurately quote scripture and pray for all the heathens that I am unable to quash...

Thanks a lot Ancestry dot com now I have no friends left, no funny online forums to play in and my kids are trying to get me committed.

On a bright note my mother will be able to tell everyone about the power of prayer when I return to their toxic fold.

Bear witness to what you have done people!!!!!

SIDENOTE: I had an unnaturally difficult time spelling solemn...I think I am losing IQ points as we speak. The placebo effect is strong in this one.

SIDESIDENOTE: I really wanted to call it the Placenta effect..

Question of the day:

Will Josh show up in any Duggar thanksgiving photos?

This is the question of the hour/day/month/etc.

Can't wait to see. Maybe he is talking turkey in rehab still. 

I still feel badly for Anna and all women caught in similar situations. 

Question of the day:

I doubt it. The last thing Boob wants is more controversy at the dining room table. Josh will be eating his dinner in rehab, right after they make him prepare it. it will likely be awhile before Josh makes an appearance. Once he gets out, Boob will probably keep him on a very short leash for a year or so, and then he'll do some type of tv special groveling at the feet of the masses. Maybe him and Anna will even have an "emotional reunion."

Question of the day:

He may still be in fake rehab, but even if he is hiding in the TTH (or in one of the family storage units, where the media can't find him), they won't include him in pictures.

They aren't sure what to do about Josh, but they have figured out that he is not good for the family image.  They will mention him as little as possible until they can show him off reformed.

I doubt it. The last thing Boob wants is more controversy at the dining room table. Josh will be eating his dinner in rehab, right after they make him prepare it. it will likely be awhile before Josh makes an appearance. Once he gets out, Boob will probably keep him on a very short leash for a year or so, and then he'll do some type of tv special groveling at the feet of the masses. Maybe him and Anna will even have an "emotional reunion."

Maybe they'll get a spot on that VH1 relationship show... Or TLC will make their own version.

It's strange to me, I think actual family support combined with actual therapy from an educated psychologist could make all the difference to Josh. But they don't do that, the Duggars prefer to just pay lip service to the idea of family support while they write letters (probably 95% scripture) and avoid any meaningful contact, like visiting him and hugging him and helping him address the emotional problems that led to his repeated self-destructive and sometimes violent/predatory behavior. I just can't imagine he could manage substantial recovery when he's going to be sent right back into the place where his problems first developed and were ignored and brushed under the rug. And while I feel like Josh's recovery is less important than the recovery of his victims, for a family that seems so dedicated to helping him and him alone, they don't even do a good job of that.

I guess I mean that I agree with EmCatlyn. Their behavior absolutely suggests that they care less about the welfare of their children than the welfare of the family image. It's so gross.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived