IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 4

On 3/5/2016 at 1:27 PM, SunnySideUp said:

Finally updated! Let me know if anything should be changed!

Melissa Niednagel is pregnant with number 4, due July 4th.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brooklyn again? Between Michelle Duggar and now Erin, you'd think that there was a venerable martyr to the Right Kind of Protestant cause named Brooklyn that they all wanted to honor. It's a trendy children's name (girls and boys; Victoria Beckham's son comes to mind), but otherwise, I can't figure out why two high-profile, closely connected women within the same fundy circles would fall upon that name in particular.

I am not really into Brooklyn as name (neither for girls or boys) but I really like Elise as middlename. Lise Marie Morton named her daughter Carolina Elise and I think it is a beautiful and really classy name!

Elise is very pretty, but I don't like Brooklyn, nor do I think it goes with Elise. But it's not horrible, and hopefully they are happy with it. 

Per Erin's instagram she is due with Brooklyn Elise on August 30th, though she'll likely have the baby a few weeks to a month early.

22 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I can't figure out why two high-profile, closely connected women within the same fundy circles would fall upon that name in particular.

"She stole the first name for her precious miracle baby from my mother, I will steal precious miracle baby's middle name for my first daughter!"

Ok, not the case probably. I just found the idea funny.

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Per Erin's instagram she is due with Brooklyn Elise on August 30th, though she'll likely have the baby a few weeks to a month early.

Thanks!

Lydia Jeub gave birth to a baby boy on March 3rd. She and her fiance/husband (she's referred to him as her husband, but there's no marriage record on file in El Paso County), whose name is Skip, named the poor thing Ernest Patterson IV. A now-missing blog post from Chris Jeub indicates he'll be called Skipper

According to a comment on a different Chris Jeub post, he removed the birth announcement at Lydia's request (http://www.chrisjeub.com/surrender/). I missed it while it was live, unfortunately, so don't have any more detail, but it was rather amusingly titled "Say Hello to Skipper."

ETA: There is an Ernest Adelbert Patterson III, born 1991, registered to vote in Colorado Springs, who I assume is Skip. They must be REALLY fond of that family tradition to keep it going.

I hope the situation at the Jeub house is okay, and Lydia didn't have to endure too much shaming and gaslighting from her revolting family while pregnant... Hate them.

5 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

I hope the situation at the Jeub house is okay, and Lydia didn't have to endure too much shaming and gaslighting from her revolting family while pregnant... Hate them.

No question they're awful, and I hope all the kids still at home are doing okay. However, Lydia's out on her own in Colorado Springs, and it appears she "made up" with her parents in the last six months or so, according to Chris' blog and Lydia's own social media posts. She and her fiance/husband (and large baby bump) spent either Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner with them, I don't remember which.

3 hours ago, withaj said:

Lydia Jeub gave birth to a baby boy on March 3rd. She and her fiance/husband (she's referred to him as her husband, but there's no marriage record on file in El Paso County), whose name is Skip, named the poor thing Ernest Patterson IV. A now-missing blog post from Chris Jeub indicates he'll be called Skipper

According to a comment on a different Chris Jeub post, he removed the birth announcement at Lydia's request (http://www.chrisjeub.com/surrender/). I missed it while it was live, unfortunately, so don't have any more detail, but it was rather amusingly titled "Say Hello to Skipper."

ETA: There is an Ernest Adelbert Patterson III, born 1991, registered to vote in Colorado Springs, who I assume is Skip. They must be REALLY fond of that family tradition to keep it going.

She's in a common-law marriage state, so they could have established a legally binding, common-law marriage without there being a marriage record with the court.

As somebody else said on the SweetTeaAndButterMilk babywatch thread: the bib is saved!!

Courtney is expecting number 8!

I've been waiting on the 8th Buttermilk Baby for a couple of months. Baring unforeseen complications, Turkey Bib 2016 is on!

Her hashtags have me a bit curious. I'm assuming she announced as soon as the pee dried on the stick, as usual, and I don't lend a lot of credence to the color of the balloon as a result, but she seems to be implying that the precise number is unknown. Probably just an allusion to the possibility of a second set of twins since that was her last pregnancy, but on the off-chance that she's a bit further along than usual and genuinely suspects... I have to think that even Courtney would take a break next year if this is a bumper crop of twins.

Well Courtney would be the 3rd pregnancy to hear in 2 days. Sarah and Eric are having a baby.9 months to the day after marriage.Yup 15 months after meeting,courting and parenthood.

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

I've been waiting on the 8th Buttermilk Baby for a couple of months. Baring unforeseen complications, Turkey Bib 2016 is on!

Her hashtags have me a bit curious. I'm assuming she announced as soon as the pee dried on the stick, as usual, and I don't lend a lot of credence to the color of the balloon as a result, but she seems to be implying that the precise number is unknown. Probably just an allusion to the possibility of a second set of twins since that was her last pregnancy, but on the off-chance that she's a bit further along than usual and genuinely suspects... I have to think that even Courtney would take a break next year if this is a bumper crop of twins.

Damn. 

wow...besides Valerie and Adam...the other ones pop them out yearly. I like Adam and Valerie for some reason. There will be an almost 3.5 year gap between their kids. Clearly they will not be having a very large family. How old are they?

In her fb photos I cannot tell if Bria Crawford Cosper is pregnant or just post marriage weight gain. No snark here either, she gets to eat actual meals for the first time in her life.

And get this, the Girotti meeting,courtship, marriage, baby is shorter than her brother's engagement...They are still not married and have been engaged well over a year and a half.

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

wow...besides Valerie and Adam...the other ones pop them out yearly. I like Adam and Valerie for some reason. There will be an almost 3.5 year gap between their kids. Clearly they will not be having a very large family. How old are they?

There will actually be a 2 year and 9 month gap between their kids. But that's still a huge gap in the Fundie world. And I'm not sure of their exact age, but I believe Adam is older than David (who is either late 20s or about 30) - so I'm guessing that makes them somewhere in their mid-30s. I'm guessing they'll probably have 4-5 kids max. It's so crazy to think that in the Fundie world 4-5 kids is a small family. 

2 hours ago, teachergirl said:

In her fb photos I cannot tell if Bria Crawford Cosper is pregnant or just post marriage weight gain. No snark here either, she gets to eat actual meals for the first time in her life.

And get this, the Girotti meeting,courtship, marriage, baby is shorter than her brother's engagement...They are still not married and have been engaged well over a year and a half.

Valerie is 34 and Adam will be 36 next month.

4 hours ago, tamster59 said:

Well Courtney would be the 3rd pregnancy to hear in 2 days. Sarah and Eric are having a baby.9 months to the day after marriage.Yup 15 months after meeting,courting and parenthood.

So much change in a comparatively short time. They seem really happy about the new baby, though. I've known a lot of folks in these circles who had kids 9-10 months after the wedding and it seems like most of them were happy.  For the ones who weren't, financial instability usually played a big role.

7 hours ago, teachergirl said:

The engagement is kaput. They were supposed to get married sometime in January. Poke through the blog and you'll find that mentions of the wedding and Bethany's visits have been scrubbed, and the house Jonathan has been building is now called "Jonathan's house," not "Jonathan and Bethany's house." Of course, they will never acknowledge the breakup outright.

And OF COURSE Sarah is expecting a honeymoon baby! 

Where can I go down the rabbit hole that is a new child every year so they can wear their thanksgiving bib? Does she really have 8! children in a row?

I never cease to be amazed by the number of children that seems normal here on freejinger. In no other context ever do I think, oh they're only on number 5. 

1 hour ago, medimus said:

Where can I go down the rabbit hole that is a new child every year so they can wear their thanksgiving bib? Does she really have 8! children in a row?

I never cease to be amazed by the number of children that seems normal here on freejinger. In no other context ever do I think, oh they're only on number 5. 

sweetteaandbuttermilk.blogspot.de/

this is her blog, but she stopped updating it a few kids back. You can also find her on facebook, just search Sweet Tea and Buttemilk. Nowadays she is pretty active on instagram and there her name is also sweetteaandbuttermilk.

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

sweetteaandbuttermilk.blogspot.de/

this is her blog, but she stopped updating it a few kids back. You can also find her on facebook, just search Sweet Tea and Buttemilk. Nowadays she is pretty active on instagram and there her name is also sweetteaandbuttermilk.

Regrettably, Courtney set her facebook back to private about two months ago. That was actually what compelled me to start the "baby watch" thread, since I figured she may have done it to preserve some privacy with an announcement. However, at this point, I think it was just a part of her usual cycle of public/private with social media.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked and unpinned this topic

Archived