IGNORED

Miss Raquel is writing "another" novel.

xRoo

2 hours ago, unforgiving said:

She has younger sisters right? I wonder what will happen if one of them marries before she does.

I don't know but I bet it would be hilarious to watch. Probably no fun whatsoever for the rest of the family though.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, unforgiving said:

She has younger sisters right? I wonder what will happen if one of them marries before she does.

I wonder if they're more mature than Raquel. Wouldn't shock me.

Aww, she didn't get nearly as many calls and texts while she was gone as she expected to get. :roll:

2 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Yes, 4 younger sisters. The next one down is 16. She doesn't appear to be on social media at all. 

She probably suffers second-hand embarrassment for big sis and has decided to have no part of it

from the not-boyfriend's twitter:

it's so frustrating knowing how terrible of a person someone actually is, but everyone loves them because they put on a good show

Raquel? Sounds like an apt description of her. 

Retweet hell from Raquel today.  Think she missed twitter?  there were eleventy retweets for astrology alone today.  

the love/hate between those two is frightening.  

Well she seems to have come back from Peru obsessed with astrology and now planning an apartment. Reality is going to be hard for her. She is not going to be able to afford those sorts of apartments. 

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Well she seems to have come back from Peru obsessed with astrology and now planning an apartment. Reality is going to be hard for her. She is not going to be able to afford those sorts of apartments. 

where are her apartment ideas?

they can be seen in her retweents on twitter.  

and those are decidedly unrealistic expectations.  

She is tweeting to her future husband again. They are apparently going to have a ministry together. 

How we got married?  (retweets)

Wonder if future husband knows he is supposed to ministry with her?

I don't think Future Husband has any input into how their life will be. He will be exactly who she wants him to be. 

OK, I'm old and long married, but all this talk about marriage from a woman who is, if anything, casually dating or between boyfriends is creepy and desperate sounding.  It also suggests that she is hard to date, because there are guys her age who would like to get married, if only for good legitimate Christian sex... and if she is driving these kinds of guys off, the pain of being around her is greater than the pain of living celibate?

It strikes me that she has no other goals and is sort of Lori like in that she sees it as a way to get the stuff she wants-- an apartment, and admirer, someone to mold into the image she has of a husband, maybe children (Not so sure she's hot for kids, but like Lori, might use them as a way to stay home) without having to work to earn the apartment. 

On 1/11/2016 at 5:22 AM, ari_belle said:

She's back. Already. Which poses the question: How does a week-long "mission trip" benefit these orphans in any way?

Oh yeah...it doesn't.

wait....she was only there for a week and she spent "a couple days" with her uncle and cousin in a different town than the orphanage?

WHY would people donate to send her on what amounts to a vacation with a stop by an orphanage for some pics of her acting inappropriately with the children there.

Those people should just pool their money and send a nice fat donation to the orphanage, instead.

23 hours ago, sea_gale said:

I don't know but I bet it would be hilarious to watch. Probably no fun whatsoever for the rest of the family though.

Yeah, and definitely no fun for the sister getting married. I wonder what kind of stunts Raquel would pull in an attempt to turn attention back to herself.

10 minutes ago, unforgiving said:

Yeah, and definitely no fun for the sister getting married. I wonder what kind of stunts Raquel would pull in an attempt to turn attention back to herself.

May I direct your attention the Jill Rodrigues thread for inspiration?

Reading the ex not-boyfriend's twitter makes me so glad that Livejournal was about all there was back when I was going through getting dumped and heartbroken at that age -- I still made some godawful cringey posts, but maybe about ten people total ever saw them. The poor kid is really suffering but still, he needs to learn what a private journal is for. I wish he had some siblings or friends to change his Twitter password and take him out drinking.

9 minutes ago, sea_gale said:

Reading the ex not-boyfriend's twitter makes me so glad that Livejournal was about all there was back when I was going through getting dumped and heartbroken at that age -- I still made some godawful cringey posts, but maybe about ten people total ever saw them. The poor kid is really suffering but still, he needs to learn what a private journal is for. I wish he had some siblings or friends to change his Twitter password and take him out drinking.

Yup, count me in as one who's grateful I was a livejournal teen when I see kids publicly posting shit under their REAL FUCKING NAMES. It could seriously come back to bite them in the ass later in life..

10 hours ago, ari_belle said:

Yup, count me in as one who's grateful I was a livejournal teen when I see kids publicly posting shit under their REAL FUCKING NAMES. It could seriously come back to bite them in the ass later in life..

Facebook and Twitter didn't really blow up until I was 15 or so. I had a cringey Xanga blog and a kinda cringey fan fiction-filled LiveJournal, and thank god neither of those are readily associated with my real name unless someone already knew who I was. I see so many people posting stupid shit under their real names, even though it's widely known that employers can and do look that shit up.

In a way, I think it's really detrimental for kids, not just in the whole "oh, they're being so dumb posting that under their real names" sense, but the lack of anonymity in social media/blogging today means that kids just don't have the opportunity to be stupid or cringey (and then learn and grow from that) with a bit of privacy, where the consequences are a bit of embarrassment or another netizen calling you out at the worst, not potential loss of employment.

Do we know which one of them called it quits in the not a boyfriend deal?

I'm trying to imagine 1) someone that would find a relationship with Raquel fulfilling in any way and 2) why they would pine over her if things went south

I am pretty sure Raquel called off the relationship. He didn't live up to her expectations. I'm not sure why he is pining over her unless he didn't date her long enough to realize what an asshole she is. According to her it was all him and she did everything right. He seemed to try and change to do what she wanted, but couldn't. But then she keeps dropping hints that she will go back to him. Her parents don't like him and that is where the whole "I'm moving out" thing came from. 

Raquel is in love with a fantasy so no real relationship will work. 

The fundie part of my brain must not be working because I can't figure out what this means. Raquel tweeted it.

God sets in pain the jewel of His joy.

She likes wording things in an annoying fashion. Does she mean "God sets the jewel of his joy in pain," as in, a ring with a band that is pain, and a jewel that Raquel forgot to attach a metaphor too? Probably herself...

It is from a poem. Of course she doesn't properly attribute it because this is Raquel and she can't be bothered to do that.

God, who, whatever frenzy of our fretting
  Vexes sad life to spoil and to destroy,
Lendeth an hour for peace and for forgetting,         15
  Setteth in pain the jewel of his joy:—

http://www.bartleby.com/296/250.html

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived