IGNORED

Miss Raquel is writing "another" novel.

xRoo

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ari_belle said:

Leading Raquel would be like herding cats

I was just going to say that he's going to be pretty disappointed when he finds out that the real leader in any relationship with Raquel is going to be Raquel.

Good lord Raquel! You have seen this kid for what? Four weeks out of his entire life? He is hardly your bestest friend. Why, why, why will no one on her team tell her to stop?! I know that she must be difficult to work with if you cross her, but for the sake of these boys someone needs to be mature enough to have a long talk with her about how inappropriate she is acting. 

7 hours ago, ari_belle said:

Andddd it's beginning.

Last year, somebody (I wish I could remember who — anyone?) pointed out that a high proportion of homeless teens (like the ones at Raquel's orphanage) will have been  sexually abused and/or have done survival sex work. Given this, the kind of intense, temporary love-bombing shows herself doing is incredibly harmful.

1 hour ago, sea_gale said:

Last year, somebody (I wish I could remember who — anyone?) pointed out that a high proportion of homeless teens (like the ones at Raquel's orphanage) will have been  sexually abused and/or have done survival sex work. Given this, the kind of intense, temporary love-bombing shows herself doing is incredibly harmful.

The day Raquel thinks about the ramifications of her actions on anyone (including herself) will be the day Donald Trump admits he's wrong, Iraq becomes a stable democracy, cake stops being delicious, and Iggy Azalea becomes a talented rapper.

I don't normally have trouble with time zones, but this fall my parents went on a trip to take my brother to college in Europe (we live in the western U.S.). I never had a problem figuring out the time difference while they were there, mostly because I had the world clock on my phone set to tell me what time it was in the city they were in, but I was super confused by how much time they spent on the plane vs. how many hours had actually passed, so I can kind of understand her confusion regarding time differences and plane travel. 

9 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Good lord Raquel! You have seen this kid for what? Four weeks out of his entire life? He is hardly your bestest friend. Why, why, why will no one on her team tell her to stop?! I know that she must be difficult to work with if you cross her, but for the sake of these boys someone needs to be mature enough to have a long talk with her about how inappropriate she is acting. 

I think the real trouble here is this is RAQUEL's team... She set up the last couple trips... Looks like only men on this one. No older adults. Just a group of young adults with likely no understanding of the group of people they are working with, and Raquel is the one in charge.... Would be terrifying to confront her, she can weild words against you on the blog, she is in charge of their living arrangements while there... they are stuck with her the remainder of the trip... SHOULD they? Of course, but I doubt they have realized how awful her behavior is.

2 hours ago, xRoo said:

I think the real trouble here is this is RAQUEL's team... She set up the last couple trips... Looks like only men on this one. No older adults. Just a group of young adults with likely no understanding of the group of people they are working with, and Raquel is the one in charge.... Would be terrifying to confront her, she can weild words against you on the blog, she is in charge of their living arrangements while there... they are stuck with her the remainder of the trip... SHOULD they? Of course, but I doubt they have realized how awful her behavior is.

Why am I not surprised? No invitation for Racquel or any other women so Raquel can surround herself with as much male attention as possible.

I don't know who all she invited, but she had a hard time getting it together. I doubt she only tried to get girls. 

Nobody under her is going to want to confront her. Nobody wants a tense, awkward situation in a group in a foreign country. But there could be ways to try to minimize without it being a big emotional deal. 

There's a photo on instagram of her and the one other girl on the trip I believe.  Taken at the airport.

20 minutes ago, clueliss said:

There's a photo on instagram of her and the one other girl on the trip I believe.  Taken at the airport.

You're right, I stand corrected

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 4.35.45 PM.png

Christ, someone teach this girl about b o u n d a r i e s.

Those kids are not your family, Raquel. Keep your hands to yourself and go do something useful, please.

47 minutes ago, onlyme said:

I don't know who all she invited, but she had a hard time getting it together. I doubt she only tried to get girls. 

Nobody under her is going to want to confront her. Nobody wants a tense, awkward situation in a group in a foreign country. But there could be ways to try to minimize without it being a big emotional deal. 

Which is why they should have confronted her before they went. Yes, she might have kicked them off the team, but IMO it would be better to not go than to go and support a person like Raquel. And while a tense situation would be awkward, it is nothing compared to how Raquel is behaving with those boys.  

I've read other blogs about going to this boy's home and it has been mentioned that some of these boys were sexually abused while living on the streets. It is a disgrace that Raquel is allowed there. What needs to happen is that she is not able to pull together a team again to return after this trip and people let her know it is because of how she acts. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Which is why they should have confronted her before they went. Yes, she might have kicked them off the team, but IMO it would be better to not go than to go and support a person like Raquel. And while a tense situation would be awkward, it is nothing compared to how Raquel is behaving with those boys.  

I've read other blogs about going to this boy's home and it has been mentioned that some of these boys were sexually abused while living on the streets. It is a disgrace that Raquel is allowed there. What needs to happen is that she is not able to pull together a team again to return after this trip and people let her know it is because of how she acts. 

Wouldn't it be awful if her peers and the orphanage or mission's authorities/directors saw this behavior and didn't think it was wrong? I'm kinda starting to suspect that that might be the case.

I'm pretty worried that it is the case that the people on her team and the people at the boy's home don't think there is anything wrong with how she acts. It is sad. These are children and young adults who don't need to be treated as props for Americans to come and pose with. They need to be treated with respect and Raquel doesn't show any respect for them. 

3 minutes ago, ari_belle said:

Wouldn't it be awful if her peers and the orphanage or mission's authorities/directors saw this behavior and didn't think it was wrong? I'm kinda starting to suspect that that might be the case.

30 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm pretty worried that it is the case that the people on her team and the people at the boy's home don't think there is anything wrong with how she acts. It is sad. These are children and young adults who don't need to be treated as props for Americans to come and pose with. They need to be treated with respect and Raquel doesn't show any respect for them. 

That's pretty much how she treats everyone. Remember when she saw a little boy with some type of disability and declared that it was an image of her relationship with God? She seems to lack an understanding that other people are actually people, with their own lives, needs and existence.

2 hours ago, Terrie said:

That's pretty much how she treats everyone. Remember when she saw a little boy with some type of disability and declared that it was an image of her relationship with God? She seems to lack an understanding that other people are actually people, with their own lives, needs and existence.

UGH. Still makes me so angry. I want to chew her out for that blog post!

oh well if he's part Justin Bieber then no wonder Raquel likes him.  (insert eye roll here)

10 hours ago, ari_belle said:

Since Raquel's too busy being inappropriate w/ orphans to post anything, let's snark on her bf real quick

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 3.50.03 PM.png

So...he has very little personality, likes to pee in buckets while screaming "FUCK BILL CLINTON", has abandoned a monkey in a foreign country, willingly pretended to initiate a romantic relationship with a baby, and has nearly been deported for various petty/not-so-petty crimes he committed while drunk?

*Fans self* What a man!

(I'm sure that Taylor Lautner is a perfectly nice young man, but I will snark on him forever for willingly doing that ridiculous plot line in Breaking Dawn)

Raquel likes to touch people way too much for my tastes.  I'm admittedly not a touchy feely type person.   I don't mind a quick hug from friends when we first meet up at a place or whatever, but Raquel seems to just hang on to people.    That would drive me crazy.   At the end of the day I'd be screaming DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived