IGNORED

Miss Raquel is writing "another" novel.

xRoo

10 hours ago, Paperplate said:

Wait, what? Her parents are kicking her out of the house at the end of the month and she needs money? Where are you guys reading this?

I only saw this on her twitter:

job.png.072f6d7c07bb4a27402ff76533ded98b

We also have it based on me saying it, but it's total hearsay because I'm not quite ready to out myself for how I know Raquel. LOL. Sorry. Message me if you want, though.

Edited because typos.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could someone point me to what she did to her horse?  I waded through her blog briefly, but did not find anything.
As a "horse person" this alarms me (as does any type of animal abuse/neglect really.)

1 hour ago, PraiseDog said:

Could someone point me to what she did to her horse?  I waded through her blog briefly, but did not find anything.
As a "horse person" this alarms me (as does any type of animal abuse/neglect really.)

She let the poor horse go without water (I'm assuming by accident) and said it was "cute" how it was dragging along it's trough/water thing to try to tell her he was thirsty.

I've got a cat and a dog, and there have been hot days where the water has evaporated before I noticed (I live in a desert climate), so it's not like it never happens, but I always take care of it immediately and I'm careful to check. Actually, I just got one of those awesome filtering water fountains for them to drink out of. It holds over a gallon, and all I have to do is refill it every few days. I think it's fresher and more enjoyable.

12 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I think @formergothardite said that Raquel was the type to ignore the training, but I agree with her. Raquel is a very special snowflake.  There is another young woman in those photos behaving inappropriately with the boys too.  Perhaps they egg each other on. 

I also agree that if Raquel were an adult male draping himself all over teen orphan girls, and posing for all the kissing pictures, people would be a whole lot more upset.

What bothers me is that she is potentially leading them on by all this flirting and kissing.  This "my best friend" and hoodie sniffing stuff is repulsive.  It could lead him to think that she is serious about a relationship with him.  Instead, she seems to think he is a cuddly toy not a person, and is using him to advance some image of herself as a really caring and loving person.  There are a lot of mixed messages here, and one of these teens could think that she wants and agrees to sex.   I can just see Raquel suddenly squealing assault if one of these affection-starved boys misunderstands her cuddles and tries to go beyond posed kisses for photographs.   

I don't think Raquel is necessarily a predator.  I do think she is a self-centered little self-dramatizing brat without any commonsense who needs to be reigned in hard.

I don't know if I can quite call her a predator without proof, but I do agree that there's quite a double standard -- if Raquel were a man cuddling with teenage girls, swapping jackets with them, posing for photos in which two girls are kissing him on the cheeks, writing blog posts about how he longs to hold them in his arms again, et cetera, I think it would be a very different story. Now, double standard aside, I do hope that for those boys' sake, this inappropriate behavior has not escalated, and stems from emotional immaturity and lack of boundaries rather than a conscious effort to prey on them. While that doesn't make it OK either way, emotional immaturity and lack of boundaries can be remedied, but I don't think predatory behavior really can be.

I also think that Raquel doesn't realize that this sort of love-bombing is really unhealthy for these boys; already they have been brought up in a somewhat unstable environment where people come and go (I don't think orphanages have high employee retention rates), and her coming in and declaring them her best friends, cuddling with them, showering them with attention, saying they can come live with her, and then essentially going "see ya suckers" and hopping on a plane back home without them is just twisting the knife. She's lucky enough to have grown up in a somewhat stable family environment, where she knows that Mom and Dad are always there and will consistently give her affection (presumably). The boys she's interacting with are getting set up for abandonment issues (is everyone going to be like Raquel, where they say how much they love and care about me, and then just take off?), which can lead to exploitation (well, this guy/girl isn't treating me right, but at least they're THERE all the time) or to unhealthy relationships. Now, maybe that won't happen, but it takes some major lack of common sense/empathy to think that it's OK to string these vulnerable kids along emotionally.

I don't think she has the horse anymore  

She's back to answering ask.fm questions.

She's not with the boyfriend.

she works 'a few' hours.  

She gave the horse away when she got bored with it. What has happened to the bunny she had? She hasn't mentioned it in awhile. She doesn't need to get any dogs since she has thinks kicking them is okay. 

In the bird world, sometimes baby birds leave the nest when they are ready.  But sometimes they don't, and mama and daddy bird have to kick them out.  If they don't fly away right away, the parents usually don't abandon them...but they don't let them back in the nest either.  The baby bird learns quick how to move on because life on the ground is NO fun.  Saw it happen with the crow's nest out my window last year.  Baby could only fly a few feet, so it stuck around at the base of the nest.  Mom and dad watched over it and protected it, and within a few days it flew away.  

I've also seen it happen with some of my friends.  Some of us were self-motivated to move out and move on, whereas others had to get an eviction notice from mom and dad.  

I honestly think this is a great development in Raquel's life.  I do not think for a second that her parents would ACTUALLY allow her to end up homeless or starving, but she's probably going to go without luxuries for a little while.  Sometimes, the only way to get someone to move on is to force them.

Twitter yields yet another shitty poem.

And according to last.fm, her new place is a house with roommates. If you're into praying, maybe you'd like to say one for those poor sons of bitches who will be living with her. Prediction: she will post in February about how much she loves her new roommates, they are besties and her new lifelong friends, and will have moved out by this time next year.

I'm saying February she is living with her best friends. By summer she pulls a John Shrader and starts claiming they are possessed by demons. 

She is going to be the roommate from hell. 

And that poem. :roll:She is the perpetual victim. She gives and gives and gives and people still want more from her. 

10 minutes ago, sea_gale said:

Twitter yields yet another shitty poem.

And according to last.fm, her new place is a house with roommates. If you're into praying, maybe you'd like to say one for those poor sons of bitches who will be living with her. Prediction: she will post in February about how much she loves her new roommates, they are besties and her new lifelong friends, and will have moved out by this time next year.

You'd think they'd google her and they will get a bit of warning when they find her blog...  But yeah... I bet first mont BFF's. 3rd month subtweets about how they don't help with chores enough- while she feels like her busy work/writing/long drives at night schedule should exclude her from helping, month 5 she begs to move home with mom and dad.

I asked her those questions on ask.fm.

I'm still wondering how she'll afford the move. Will "a few" hours a week of barista-ing make you enough money to cover your cost of living in Raquel's area?

11 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

I asked her those questions on ask.fm.

I'm still wondering how she'll afford the move. Will "a few" hours a week of barista-ing make you enough money to cover your cost of living in Raquel's area?

Raquel creating a GoFundMe in 3...2...

15 hours ago, formergothardite said:

And that poem. :roll:She is the perpetual victim. She gives and gives and gives and people still want more from her. 

It's terrible!

it's just super special

and

you kind of want to get rid of the memories

...so poetic, such a wordsmith.  She's not even hitting "over-dramatic flowery language" with this one.

Forgot to add: I asked her those questions on ask.fm with a specific purpose in mind. (I love that she got back to me [and the rest of the internet] with the answers right away!)

Raquel thinks she'll get married within the next 5 years. The oldest of her younger sisters is 16, so she'll be 21 in 5 years.

I predict that Raquel won't get married within that timeframe (unless she has a huge change of heart / personality transformation), and that she'll be 25 and single, while her younger sister will be 21 and in a relationship. Raquel will be burning with jealousy.

We never hear much about the younger sister. You would think that they would hang out together or at least be taking pictures. I wonder if the sister doesn't like to hang out with Raquel or Raquel doesn't like to the competition of a teen sister.

8 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

We never hear much about the younger sister. You would think that they would hang out together or at least be taking pictures. I wonder if the sister doesn't like to hang out with Raquel or Raquel doesn't like to the competition of a teen sister.

I feel like we don't hear much about any of the siblings. She only mentions them in passing every now and then. Her on-and-off non-boyfriend and "best friends" are featured much more heavily. Maybe the parents discouraged Raquel from posting too much about her siblings on the internet? Is the 16 y/o sister on social media?  

I live in a fairly expensive area of the country, and you can still get a room in a house with roommates for a couple hundred a month including water/utilities/garbage/cable/internet.  However, I would bet real, paper money that Raquel is going to have a rude awakening when she realizes she also will need to be purchasing:

• Food
  • Toiletries
  • Clothes
  • Gas
  • Insurance

at a bare minimum.  Plus money will come out of her paycheck for taxes, etc.  It probably sounds like a lot to her now because she isn't used to covering her own expenses.  I think she will be very surprised on how much it really costs to be an adult.

8 minutes ago, xRoo said:

Plus she obviously needs her Dutch Bros

When my cousin's daughter was a barista (Actually shop manager) she got x amount of free coffee every (week? Month? I don't remember, but she gave us a pound a time or two when we were in town) 

That might do it for her if she works in the "right" coffee shop.

On 1/17/2016 at 4:22 PM, desertvixen said:

I'd also be willing to bet *Raquel* doesn't think she's an adult.

Oh, I definitely believe she thinks of herself as an adult. Only, for Raquel she is the sort of adult where she can do whatever she wants whenever she wants and never answer to anyone. But she also doesn't have to pay for things or pull her weight. 

Ah but Raquel prefers tea.  Wonder if her parents are going to subsidize her phone bill?  Can you imagine her cut off from the phone/interwebs?  

Raquel Z. Duarte ‏@itsjustraquel Jan 17

I look forward to the day that God chooses to give me a man who strives to be more like Him everyday. And challenges me to do the same.

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't advise anyone to marry a man who thinks he's like God.

4 hours ago, xRoo said:

Plus she obviously needs her Dutch Bros

dutchbros.png.56aaf354aa3d218fc883cca63c

What's going to happen when she needs that tip money for bills?

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived