IGNORED

Miss Raquel is writing "another" novel.

xRoo

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird to me that she isn't talking about the actual plan with all these people she is asking to pray for her team... How long are they there? What are they actually doing? 

As you read this, I will either be still sitting (uncomfortable) in a plane...or I will have already landed in Lima, Peru.  For the third time in two years.
It all depends on what time zone you're in.

SERIOUSLY!? Does she really think that's how time works?!

6 hours ago, xRoo said:

You mean time zones are not based on where Raquel is at any given time?   Gosh, now I have to learn how to tell time that isn't centered on her? 

You are turning my world all upside down!

I'll give her a break on time zones since I've known people before who are confused by them.  

I hope that Raquel's team pulls her to the side to let her know that her behavior in the past was unacceptable and that she needs to behave in a more mature way this time. One of Raquel's problems is that people enable her. She has been allowed to set herself up as some sort of "team leader" when she doesn't need to be in that position. 

There are people who think we should adopt one time zone for the entire world.  I think Raquel Standard Time sounds about right.

10 hours ago, xRoo said:

Maybe she was thinking people in the east coast wouldn't read it until morning?

55 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Maybe she was thinking people in the east coast wouldn't read it until morning?

Okay. I can accept that, and it makes me feel better, lol.

Nothing says empathy and understanding more than adult middle class woman, who still lives with her parents, referring orphanage as her "home" and orphans as her "family". Nothing.

She has a post up about her goals for last year and her goals for this year:

Last year:

~learn Russian

*She is taking some classes. Good for her. Hopefully it is at a college or something, but I'm rather doubting that. 

try to get published

*She is counting the online magazine that she pretty much started and runs as being published. Most of it is stuff that is already on her blog. It is basically like self-publishing her blog posts. From what I can tell Thought Catalog will let anyone publish anything.

~ Support a ministry each month

*She didn't. She claims she volunteered a few times and is counting that, but I don't. It isn't like she has spent the last year working full time or going to college, she could have devoted a few hours away from Twitter each month to go volunteer somewhere, she just didn't want to.

~ finish her non-fiction book.

*She didn't. I wonder what it is about.

do a sugar free diet one month

*She didn't make it a whole month. 

~Keep a blessings journal

*This one she did.

~Read the Bible in a year.

*She didn't. Instead she read the same books of the Bible over and over? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what she did. It is a bit confusing. 

Next year:

~She wants to be more consistent in daily prayer.

~ be brave and actually, legitimately, move somewhere

*This seems like a totally unrealistic expectation. If she wants to move somewhere it is going to take planning and hard work. She is going to need to start by finding a job that pays well enough so she can support herself. She might have to go take some college courses to find that job.  

take more spontaneous road trip getaways

*This sounds all fun and stuff, but if she wants to save the money to move somewhere, she needs to realize that road trips cost money and take time from working. She can either have the carefree life of an adult who lives at home with her parents and doesn't really work so she can take spontaneous road trips, or she can have the life of an adult who moves out, works hard, and carefully budgets and plans for getaways. She can't have both, at least not at this point in her life. 

~ yoga

finish 'I Cannot Fathom'

*Yeah! We actual hear about this book again! Xaquerie isn't gone!

~ try getting my poetry published

*She needs to learn to write poetry first. 

I thought she meant that she'd spend a month reading a book from the bible, however many times, and next month some other book.

So her brand of religion does not frown on yoga?

from a nit picky perspective she should be tithing from what she makes now.  If she cannot tithe from what she makes her priorities are not in godly alignment.  (from the pious evangelical etc perspective).  

Okay so she read the bible for a year.  but she did not read the bible in a year.  Meaning she did not complete her goal.  She probably got lost in something boring like Leviticus which can be boring (until you realize that you are probably reading about black mold abatement and become really fascinated) or Numbers which is more or less a census.   

Good look on getting poetry published.  Because folks don't really publish poetry.  

I put I Cannot Fathom in the predictions for 2016 (specifically we won't see it this year)

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I thought she meant that she'd spend a month reading a book from the bible, however many times, and next month some other book.

That makes more sense. It always amazing me how many Christians have never actually read the entire Bible. 

45 minutes ago, clueliss said:

from a nit picky perspective she should be tithing from what she makes now.  If she cannot tithe from what she makes her priorities are not in godly alignment.  (from the pious evangelical etc perspective).

Exactly. I think what it was was that it she didn't make tithing or volunteering a priority. Tithing would have cut into her coffee budget. Raquel doesn't seem like the volunteer type unless it is going to provide her for good selfie opportunities so she can brag about it. 

I will be shocked if we see I Cannot Fathom this year or any year. 

:pb_lol::pb_rollseyes::pb_lol::pb_rollseyes::pb_lol::pb_rollseyes::pb_lol::pb_rollseyes::pb_lol::pb_rollseyes::pb_lol::pb_rollseyes::pb_lol::pb_rollseyes:

- I have begun taking Russian classes, but have not fully mastered the language.

I can't even ... she seriously expected to fully master Russian in one year? I'm SEVERELY rolling my eyes.

Did she ever even talk about the classes or post selfies of her studying or something? Otherwise I'm assuming "begun taking classes" means she went to two classes, realised it's going to be hard, and put it off. Russian isn't the easiest language to learn for English speakers. Raquel speaks Spanish, but I'm assuming she learned it natively, not in a classroom or from a book? The fact that she probably hasn't studied a foreign language before makes it harder too.

From what I remember she has never mentioned taking Russian classes, so I'm suspecting she did some sort of computer class and quit because it is hard. 

And yes, I think she did think that she could fully master Russian in a year, just like she thinks that she will be able to afford to "bravely" move out all while taking lots of spontaneous road trip vacations. 

be brave and actually, legitimately, move somewhere

The wording here is odd. It sounds to me more like she's planning to stay away from home a few months, rather than move out of her parents' place.

Nonetheless, it's a positive move. Nothing forces you to grow up like not having your mum cleaning up after you.

I guess she's not on the "umbrella of authority" bandwagon any more. Could this be related to the not-boyfriend? Her parents don't like him so she's moving out?

1 hour ago, sea_gale said:

The wording here is odd. It sounds to me more like she's planning to stay away from home a few months, rather than move out of her parents' place.

Nonetheless, it's a positive move. Nothing forces you to grow up like not having your mum cleaning up after you.

I guess she's not on the "umbrella of authority" bandwagon any more. Could this be related to the not-boyfriend? Her parents don't like him so she's moving out?

If she wants to "be brave" and move to Russia/countries that speak Russian (conjecture from her desire to learn Russian), I hope she's ready to deal with the incredibly onerous visa regulations (I went to Russia as a tourist and even that was an ordeal) and the fact that few Russians/people of Slavic cultures would have tolerance for her antics or American-ness.

The be brave and move out + under umbrella of authority is a good question.  Especially given a month or so back she was tweeting about obeying while still living with her parents.  

I wonder if her parents are pushing the "you need to be more independent and DOING something - either full time job or full time school if you are going to live here rent free" 

5 hours ago, ari_belle said:

He's a real winner.

Screen Shot 2016-01-02 at 8.52.24 PM.png

Cuz not being able to be a leader was one of Raquel's 10300048K reasons for not dating a guy.

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Cuz not being able to be a leader was one of Raquel's 10300048K reasons for not dating a guy.

Leading Raquel would be like herding cats

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

He has to lead her but he also has to not boss her around and lets her do what she wants. The guy is screwed no matter what he does. If he tries to lead her, she will throw a fit for him being too bossy. If he doesn't try to lead her she will throw a fit because he isn't a good leader. 

Yes, for her it is definitely, you need to lead me except when I don't want to be led and you need to know when I want to be led and when I do not.  

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived