IGNORED

Miss Raquel is writing "another" novel.

xRoo

On 12/18/2015 at 0:20 AM, Curious said:

That sounds like some kind of horror movie where the boys on the porch are found dead in the morning :(  Inappropriate seems like not a strong enough word.

She's got a bit of an Annie Wilkes aura...

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how she thinks she gets to hold her spiritual high ground if she just spitefully writes about these people she hates in her "proses," as if it's any better than just blogging about them or telling them off to their face.

Spiritual high ground while retweeting stuff overnight with astrology in it.  So are you all Christian or do you believe that too because it is cool?  

There was a twitter bit last night about how in a week she goes to Peru to 'her home' to see 'her boys.'  I cringed.  

On 12/19/2015 at 2:40 AM, Shoobydoo said:

Oh, Raquel just loves the idea of being a Writer, doesn't she? If she was into drawing, she'd be one of those people who refers to themselves as an Artist. All talk, no substance.

I've been working on a novel, too, Raquel-- I'm nearly 200K words in, now, and I don't go around calling myself a Writer and threatening to Write about people. I'm willing to be nobody who actually writes for a living does. :pb_rollseyes: 

I'm curious (FSM help me I hate my username) about how many words the average novel has.  I was thinking it was probably around t0k due to the NaNanRo (did I get that right) limit, but from what I've read in this thread, that is more to give you a good start, not a "finished" work.

Thanks.  I'm enjoying the education by people who are also writers.  I'm not a good writer, but I love to read, so it's still quite interesting to me how books evolve.

23 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm going to need a list of these people before I believe this.

Her parents need to stage an intervention. I think she is getting worse, maturity wise, instead of getting better. 

She's going to be the next Lori Alexander in 20+ years :(

50 000 words is a pretty decent YA book length or a Harlequin short romance. Many books run a little longer than that, maybe 60 000 - 100 000 words. If your name is George RR Martin, you can sell a 300 000 word book.

A new post up about how wonderful it would be to date Raquel.

Still no mention of I Cannot Fathom. 

10 hours ago, clueliss said:

Spiritual high ground while retweeting stuff overnight with astrology in it.  So are you all Christian or do you believe that too because it is cool?  

There was a twitter bit last night about how in a week she goes to Peru to 'her home' to see 'her boys.'  I cringed.  

Ethnicly she is Peruvian.

Wow that post was very NLP.... If you reframe the problem in positive terms it's not a problem anymore...

Guys,

when I nag you it's not nagging, it's a wake up call. It's only nagging when someone else does it.

When I don't call and text you and I don't tell you who my friends are, I'm not being cold and secretive, it's just that I'm so loyal and trusting.

I don't mind if you don't vacuum, as long as you vacuum.

I care about the quality of compliments, not the quantity, but make sure you compliment me often.

I don't base the relationship on feelings, I just have to feel right.

I don't expect you to never make me mad, but when you make me mad you're a bad person for not considering my feelings and acting accordingly.

When I ask for 50 contradictory things I'm not being difficult, i'm being low maintenance with high standards.

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

50 000 words is a pretty decent YA book length or a Harlequin short romance. Many books run a little longer than that, maybe 60 000 - 100 000 words. If your name is George RR Martin, you can sell a 300 000 word book.

Yeah. I don't intend to make it sounds like ALL novels should be x or y length. Harry Potter makes a good point of comparison, since almost everyone has read them-- The Philosopher's Stone is about 75K words and Deathly Hallows is about 200K, rounded to the nearest 5.  My intent was more of a "gosh darn it, Raquel, actually do something before you brag about having done it".

I still think it's an accomplishment to write 19K words, but it's more of a "personal goal" level accomplishment than a "give me a pulitzer" accomplishment. The narcissism just drives me crazy. 

I finally understood where "I cannot Fathom" came from.
Raquel is one of those people who have read only one John Green book, but still call themselves fans, isn't she?
5750-John-Green-Quote-My-thoughts-are-st

2 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Raquel is one of those people who have read only one John Green book, but still call themselves fans, isn't she?

Ugh, John Green, don't even get me started. I got a lot of snark for that guy, too.

She said on her ask.fm that she read The Fault in our Stars and she liked it better than another book because she prefers his writing style and him as an author.

22 minutes ago, xRoo said:

"It's nagging when anyone else does it, but it's part of MY special personality.

or it's your fault."

When I nag, I don't nag, it's my valuable way of caring for our relationship, I make sure that important issues are addressed and not swept under the rug.  When you nag, you're overly critical and inconsiderate of my feelings.

3 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

When I nag, I don't nag, it's my valuable way of caring for our relationship, I make sure that important issues are addressed and not swept under the rug.  When you nag, you're overly critical and inconsiderate of my feelings.

I bet she pulls the "I've been praying about this..." Card and gets the LORD on her side of all arguments. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I should have known Raquel didn't come up with that idea on her own, she never has an original idea. I doesn't sound like we are ever going to get to read this book, though, since she isn't mentioning it. 

So she doesn't want to be nagged?  (et she's the one who does the nagging) and this is before I get to the numbered points.

1 makes zero sense.  what she is listing is not feelings.  And how is there passion without feeling?   (also, I've seen her twitter feed - she's saying she doesn't care if you say I love you in front of people, what she wants is you to hold her hand while you take her for a drive and kiss her a lot)

2  If you gripe at me for not doing housework it's because you don't love me.  (another contradictory statement)

3.  That pillow fort is off of her retweets.   And it's all okay so long as you kiss her.

4.  she wants to be told she is hot all day and night

5 yes I don't nag unless I do.  (totally stolen from @AmazonGrace )

6. You'll make me mad and I'll tell you that you aren't being considerate

7 worship me, I deserve it.

8 I'm loyal and trusting unless I am not in which case you will experience the heat of 1000 burning suns.

She walked into a store today and got a modeling gig, according to Twitter. 

Someone else please go read all the ask.fm posts she just submitted. Too many to snark on by myself.

Raquel could save a lot of time if instead of continually writing posts trying to explain away or justify her bad behavior, she just worked on correcting bad habits.

Miss Raquel and the not-boyfriend are suddenly deeply interested in their zodiac signs. Isn't astrology pretty heavily frowned upon in the homeschooling-fundie crowd?

She just walked into a store and they rushed over there and said that they wanted her to be a model? I'm having a hard time believing that. 

I"m trying to wade through her ask.fm to see if she mentions the damn novel, so far I have discovered that:

~ she is named Raquel because she was too special to get a biblical name like the rest of her siblings.  

~She thinks she is empathetic and has been accused of being a flirt her whole life.

~She is now saying she is a reformed Baptist instead of a Calvinist.

~She is super ambitious and hates having to pay for her shoes, clothes and phone bill.

~She doesn't eat breakfast or lunch.

~She works at a coffee shop but hates coffee. 

~She wants a kiss for Christmas. 

Yes, Astrology is one of those oooh - bad things in even evangelical circles.   By the way I loathe those broad generalization memes about signs floating about the interwebs.   (And my mom is an Aries and some of these I'm shaking my head gong 'nope.')

She's more empathetic than sensitive?  (I think you are using a word you don't really understand the meaning of)  

and her song reco is something by Bieber.

Oh and she's daughter of the star breather 

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

~ she is named Raquel because she was too special to get a biblical name like the rest of her siblings.  

Wait, what? Raquel is biblical. It's Spanish and possibly some other languages for Rachel.

Edit: Ok so she said, all of us have biblical names, including herself I think.

All of us Duarte kids have Biblical names. My parents wanted to give mine a bit of a twist though (cuz I'm super special, ya know?) so they named me Raquel.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived