IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose Part 2

DaffyDill

"My husband likes that I wear form fitting things, but we have a house full of little boys, and prefers that I save those types of clothing for in the bedroom even when I exercise I do it behind closed doors so as not to hinder my own children's thoughts."

I wonder how long it took Erica to instill this idea in Bob's head, so that he is the one who prefers her to hide herself from their little boys. Because that was totally Erica's idea. It gives her time alone and lets her think she is hot. And it gives her more control over her sons, or at least lets her think she is controlling their lust.

The Maxwells do this too. Teri wrote about how she always breastfed the reversals in her room with the door shut so Nathan and Christipher wouldn't be turned on by her boobs. It's sick.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our sons love to shop with me, too, but Bob and I have chosen to let them have the Daddy shopping trips to Home Depot or the auto repair shop, and I'll do the food and clothing shopping with the girls. *smile* 

Hmm that's odd Imokit, I saw her shopping in Costco about a year ago with 2 of her younger sons!

But then maybe this is a new rule.:huh:

Maybe Costco is considered Manly because it's bulk and therefore heavy. She's teaching the boys to help ladies with the heavy stuff. :-D

But you make sense.  

I don't think it's an attachment to homeschooling that Erika has, it's an attachment to having the perfect fundie family and lifestyle, to mirror people like the Maxwells.  

In another world, had Erika not been fundie, there are a lot of other careers that would have fit her better than fundie homeschooling SAHM.  She'd be great in the military or a shrewd businesswoman.

I was going to say prison warden.  Maybe even the person who hooks up execution IV lines.  With a spotlight beam smile.

"My husband likes that I wear form fitting things, but we have a house full of little boys, and prefers that I save those types of clothing for in the bedroom even when I exercise I do it behind closed doors so as not to hinder my own children's thoughts."

I wonder how long it took Erica to instill this idea in Bob's head, so that he is the one who prefers her to hide herself from their little boys. Because that was totally Erica's idea. It gives her time alone and lets her think she is hot. And it gives her more control over her sons, or at least lets her think she is controlling their lust.

I think the (bolded) quote was actually from one of her commenters on the modesty article she posted a couple of days back. Nevertheless, Erika is obsessed with the idea that men are looking at women's crotches and getting all hot and bothered. Still, the fact that her fan thinks that her sons (!!!) could lust over her due to tight-fitting clothes is scary. 

Also, she just posted a link from "Heritage Defense" (which I read as meaning "Racism/Sexism Defense") on how to deal with CPS if they are called on you. That's just dandy. Now they're perpetuating the narrative that CPS is looking for every chance they can get to snatch up your children.

@defraudingjezebel you didn't know that CPS is basically a kidnapping agency? :pb_rollseyes:

Yes, we all get into a thankless, low-paying profession because we just love to see people suffer and little children cry.  It's right there in the handbook.  :2wankers:

I was going to say prison warden.  Maybe even the person who hooks up execution IV lines.  With a spotlight beam smile.

I had a doctor tell me I'd be perfect for this job. Seriously. Didn't know what to say.

I have to wonder about these parents that think their children are lusting after them. What's going on in their minds? What kind of environment are they creating that your own parents and siblings are potential targets? The more I think about it, the more it disgusts me.

I have to wonder about these parents that think their children are lusting after them. What's going on in their minds? What kind of environment are they creating that your own parents and siblings are potential targets? The more I think about it, the more it disgusts me.

Honestly, I think its a internalized misogyny that serves multiple functions. First and foremost it puts the onus on women to make sure they don't sexually excite men, less they cause men to lust in their hearts. Unfortunately, I've seen this argument used so often w/ regard to rape and a girl "asking for it" by what she wears. I also think they pull out that explanation whenever it suits them, like they did in the Josh Duggar case. Sexually curious men can't HELP but lust after women wearing revealing clothes. :562479906e9ac_ohnoes: It puts a HUGE undue burden on women but on the other hand, it allows them to make sense of the world. 

I could definitely see Erika making a wonderful drill sergeant. I think she would really REALLY enjoy the rigid routine and structure of the military. Also, maybe someday she will realize that manly men have to eat too and take her boys to the damn grocery store.  She mentions somewhere that Bob has had to go every now and then, and presumably he didn't catch the gay.  :roll: Baby steps, Erika.

Penzey's is a major shrine in the House of Hane religion, and the Fabulous Kitchen-Aid is its primary sacred artifact. [/OT]

off-off-topic, but I live just a few blocks from the penzeys!

I could definitely see Erika making a wonderful drill sergeant. I think she would really REALLY enjoy the rigid routine and structure of the military. Also, maybe someday she will realize that manly men have to eat too and take her boys to the damn grocery store.  She mentions somewhere that Bob has had to go every now and then, and presumably he didn't catch the gay.  :roll: Baby steps, Erika.

Those (mainly) manly soldiers are also expected to sew their own patches and iron their own uniforms, along with cleaning their barracks and shining their shoes...all without catching the gay.  The military would be an excellent eye opener for her. 

At the very least, she could use the trips to teach the boys (and girls, for that matter) basic math skills.  My accountant mother did this to me, and by the time I was a teenager I could calculate price per a unit, percentages off, totals, sales tax, etc.  It was invaluable, really--I use those skills every time I go to the store--any store, be it auto parts or the grocery store.  But then again, that takes time, and she was an ebil birth control user that only had two children.  

At the very least, she could use the trips to teach the boys (and girls, for that matter) basic math skills.  My accountant mother did this to me, and by the time I was a teenager I could calculate price per a unit, percentages off, totals, sales tax, etc.  It was invaluable, really--I use those skills every time I go to the store--any store, be it auto parts or the grocery store.  But then again, that takes time, and she was an ebil birth control user that only had two children.  

I remember once in primary school going to our local supermarket to work out which brand of cereal was more value for money (or something like that): the supermarket own-brand or the Kellogg's stuff. I have a feeling it might've been the own brand, but that's beside the point. 

It also makes me wonder what she thinks about boys learning to cook. She mentions that Bob likes to do the Sunday breakfast of eggs, hash brown and sausage, and on the 2012 camping trip he also did breakfast on the first morning. Yet it's only ever mentioned that Karen and Anna Marie cook (and presumably Melanie too). I get that in fundieland cooking is one of the ultimate wifely womanly things to do, but what if a woman has bad morning sickness and can't cope with cooking? Or if she's ill? Erika's alluded to situations like these before, or where she's gone away for a night, and she's mentioned leaving out simple, easy-to-prepare food or their infamous "snack dinners" for Bob to put together, which implies that Bob doesn't know how to cook much. Is it too much to ask that a boy learn to cook? 

Fundie boys in particular should know how to at least throw a few meals together because of the likelihood of their wives frequently having morning sickness and possibly being in the hospital recovering from a c-section, complicated delivery, or having a preemie in the NICU, etc.  Most of them probably can't afford to feed themselves and a horde of kids fast food or takeout for days or weeks on end, especially in addition to the medical bills.  These people just don't think things through.

I am glad someone else pointed that out, because I thought the exact same thing and wondered if I was being nitpicky.  It's like she doesn't recognize that they are two separate human beings.

My mom and aunt are 68 and still called "the twins' by everyone who has known them together. My aunt's 45 year old twins are still "the twins".

Just in: they've been having a game night whilst waiting for Bob to come home. Everyone's involved apart from Karen and Melanie who are on laptops in the master bedroom having a "tutoring session". Not sure what that means exactly. Poor girls, having to work whilst the others play games. Maybe this tutoring was necessary, but that can't be much fun anyway. Karen in particular looks unimpressed.

Just in: they've been having a game night whilst waiting for Bob to come home. Everyone's involved apart from Karen and Melanie who are on laptops in the master bedroom having a "tutoring session". Not sure what that means exactly. Poor girls, having to work whilst the others play games. Maybe this tutoring was necessary, but that can't be much fun anyway. Karen in particular looks unimpressed.

the "highschooler's"

Possessive and one word. Amazing. That's probably why they need a tutoring session. 

Is it bad that when I read "whilst waiting for Bob to come home" my immediate thought was "Oh, has he finally run away from home??" :? 

(My second thought was "Did he take Karen and Melanie with him, by any chance?)  I'll admit it, I need to go to sleep.

Is Erika wearing pants, in the one where she’s sitting on the floor? 

Which picture are you referring to? I wouldn't think she would post a picture of herself in pants- a man might look at the pictures, see her crotch area, and be instantly defrauded.

Is Erika wearing pants, in the one where she’s sitting on the floor? 

I think she's wearing a skirt over leggings, but it's kind of hard to tell for sure.  I think this is the first time I've ever seen her on the floor playing with the kids.  It's nice to see, actually.  I clicked through the pics really, really quick the first time, and I mistook her for Brandon.  I guess I missed the "whisps."

I think she's wearing a skirt over leggings, but it's kind of hard to tell for sure.  I think this is the first time I've ever seen her on the floor playing with the kids.  It's nice to see, actually.  I clicked through the pics really, really quick the first time, and I mistook her for Brandon.  I guess I missed the "whisps."

I think she's wearing a skirt over leggings. The skirt is black whereas the leggings are more navy- you can tell if you look at the photo. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived