IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 6 - Still Smug, Still Pregnant

happy atheist

Quad screens are just screens. They only give you probabilities, which depending on your personality can be maddening.

Look into if your insurance covers one of the free cell DNA blood tests: MaterniT21, Harmony, Verifi... They are close to diagnostic reliability for major trisomies. Plus you find out sex. Doesn't test for neural tube defects though.

Might not be covered if you are not AMA or high risk.

Knowing what I know now I personally would want to have as much knowledge beforehand as possible. It is a personal decision though. 

We decided against all of these "extra" tests. Nothing was covered since I was low risk, and we couldn't get a straight answer of whether we would be charged $200 or $2,000 (literally, had both of those numbers given to us by the same insurance company). We had a ton of ultrasounds anyway for other reasons and a good OB and delivered at the highest level NICU, and nothing that wouldn't be caught on an ultrasounds would have caused us to terminate.

I think it's a very personal choice and really depends on your genetic history, access to medical care, etc. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer.

question, for those of you recently pregnant (like last 10ish years or so)...when my daughter was pregnant in 2009 they found out she carries the cystic fibrosis gene, luckily her husband was negative and my granddaughter is healthy. but now we know that my sons, and her daughters, have a 50/50 chance of also carrying on the gene. is the testing for this, and, i assume other medical conditions, a part of routine testing now? she didn't have this done with her first child in 2002, and i never had any sort of tests like this back in the 80s

I think this was not covered (a few months ago) because we have no family history. I believe a family history makes it a "standard" test though.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my wedding dress. I wore my mom's dress, she got married in 1960 and her dress had a very Aubrey Hepburn vibe to it. We get married in 1981, and since it was a shotgun wedding and my mom was horrible to us, it meant a lot to me that she offered her dress to me. My sister also wore it, and my daughter would like to someday, but it hasn't aged well.

1446761047209.1.jpg

I am the bride and I hated this dress did not feel comfy in it at all I'm with the ex and this is 1985

image.jpeg

My son turned 2 in September. We originally thought we'd space our kids 2-3 years apart. I am so happy we don't have a baby right now in addition to our severely speech delayed toddler.

And now we're pretty sure we won't have another child at all because of my R.A. diagnosis. Though I am so confused about it all. I just don't know what we'll end up doing. :(

I had my son at 39 weeks, 3 days. I never went into labor though. I had a c-section after my BP got too high. (I could have been induced but due to some medical reasons, I chose c-section.)

I didn't do any genetic testing when I was pregnant. Basically because no results would change anything for me. We were already planning to have a baby in a fantastic hospital with a great NICU. And many things would be caught (if he had them) at the 20 week ultrasound anyway.

Just in case you didn't already know, I just wanted to mention that in some cases, immune related illnesses like RA get better during pregnancy since pregnancy naturally suppresses a woman's immune system. The immune suppression is apparently to protect the fetus from being attacked by mom's immune system. If your doctor thinks your condition can be controlled on a medication that is safe during pregnancy then it may still be possible for you. 

July 2014,19 years old, 37 weeks pregnant, & miserable. I got obscenly huge. I hate how jessa just has a cute bump, while people were asking me if I was having twins lol

10441313_742199629159217_5012088725782760629_n.jpg

The Lass that was wanting to steal the merle he is a bit bigger now lol!!! Also so is the harlequin too. 

image.png

image.jpeg

Ohh engagement rings! Finally I have something to share!
We got engaged last month while holidaying in japan! I think he did a great job with the ring! (Sorry for the over use of exclamation points, I feel like Jilly-muffin, thank god I didn't say 'yes, totally!')
He proposed at the Kobe Nunobiki herb garden and rope way on the benches. It was beautiful. :my_heart:

But seriously Jessa, hurry up.

12048447_10206857247524011_426344574_n.jpg

12107812_10206856109815569_2234029033378924793_n.jpg

IMG-20151013-WA0004.jpg

Coming out of lurkerdom to post some pic's. I loved my wedding dress and was very lucky as I got it on sale for £99 down from £699.

The cat's in the pram (they are lying on a blanket) are Cooper at the back and Nutmeg at the front, sadly cooper is no longer here, I miss him like crazy and wish I could have had longer with him, poor boy got a clot on his spinal cord which paralysed his back leg's and the vet's couldn't fix him, he was only 8yrs old when it happened.  Nutmeg is still here but living with my ex h now. The other cat pic's are my beautiful boy Alfie, in his kitten pic he is 6 weeks old and was in a animal rescue centre as some scum bag had dumped him, his mum and 5 brother and sister's on a beach and left them for dead. The last one is him as he is now age 1.

dress2.jpg

fb6.jpg

DSC_0182.JPG

DSC_0002_1.JPG

I'm not quite sure about the US but my sister has never been pregnant and she was tested, she carries it. I was tested as well and I don't carry it. My cousin was tested while pregnant and she carries it as well, maybe we were tested cause my grandma, mom and all of my aunts but one, have the gene. I was tested two years ago, so i think it's part of the routine now.

I did a round of prenatal testing BEFORE I got pregnant, found out I had the gene, DH got tested, and he's negative.

I remember in one of the last episodes, Josh said Jessa would not be able to keep the baby's sex secret. She's kept it secret from the general public at least. Who knows what would have happened if the show had not been cancelled?  I thought then that Jessa was giving Josh an FU.

My only sister lurks here, so I'm just gonna say, Love you, Sissy. Nothing can break our bond.

Oh, and my feline headsip is quite upset that I'm posting pics of him here and looking at other cats. LOL!!!!

my only child self is finding this sibling talk fascinating. I would have given anything to have a sibling. From the time I was about 10 it was "Act Like an Adult"

Same here! I did have a wonderful dog who was nearly like a little brother. He would steal my socks when I was getting ready for school, and he knew how to play hide and seek and kept to the rules. He also would rat me out to my mom whenever I went for the cookie jar. Igor was an awesome dog and I still miss him after 30 years.

Where does the "Quincy" thing come from? I think I missed that

IIRC, Ben was joking about naming all their kids with first names that started with a "Q" (or other letters you don't popularly see a modern name start with), and so he decided to start calling their unborn baby Quincy.

IIRC, Ben was joking about naming all their kids with first names that started with a "Q" (or other letters you don't popularly see a modern name start with), and so he decided to start calling their unborn baby Quincy.

They should be careful with the Q thing, because Jill might get a thunder-stealing idea and name her next kid Qatar. Ya know, to go with Israel.

Sierra was chasing me all day - she wanted me to try her mixture of honey and applesauce to  make me go into labour

didn't work 

NO NEWS ANYWHERE

apartment from that are discussing our menstrual cycles yet :D

My only sister lurks here, so I'm just gonna say, Love you, Sissy. Nothing can break our bond.

Oh, and my feline headsip is quite upset that I'm posting pics of him here and looking at other cats. LOL!!!!

l like you to :D

wait i am not your sister - or am I :D

I might just die laughing if that happens now! :pb_lol:

Fingers crossed that she spawns the little SeeWeed soon. She's got to be feeling a bit uncomfortable at this point. Hopefully everything goes well and both mom and baby are healthy and happy.

well I am feeling uncomfortable if that helps 

I walked a lot.  I was perpetually overdue so I came to expect it and didn't even think of the dr.s date, I added another week.

Most first babies are around a week late.  I predicted the 12th for little Quincy.

I was in so much pain that I just wanted them *out*!

I've found another picture. My grandparents got married in the early 50s. I really like the dress, and man look at those flowers!

wedding2.jpg

That's amazing! :) 

I have 4 year spacing with my kiddos, 15, 11 and 7.  My girls are the two oldest, my son is the youngest.   Because my middle one was a preemie she's behind in school, so my oldest will be out of high school when she starts it. I don't have freshman/senior issues with those two...might have it with the youngers depending on how my son handles homeschooling this year. The girls fight like cats and dogs, and my middle loves tormenting her brother,  but my oldest and my son are attached at the hip.

That post by Jessica is highly suspicious! And we know Blessa won't officially announce until People is there to do the cover story. Lets see how long it takes from the time that Insta was posted until the "official" press release...

WAIT - WHAT?  Did Bin's sister really just post that she was an auntie?  That's kinda rude - let the parents announce the arrival!   

But - is that a legit IG account; IIRC it is, right?

Wait - what???  

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived