IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 6 - Still Smug, Still Pregnant

happy atheist

This is that time when we start going, "They haven't posted on social media since yesterday! She's in labour/had the baby for sure!!" and then half an hour later she's on Instagram riding a rollercoaster or something.

I might just die laughing if that happens now! :pb_lol:

Fingers crossed that she spawns the little SeeWeed soon. She's got to be feeling a bit uncomfortable at this point. Hopefully everything goes well and both mom and baby are healthy and happy.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm expecting my first, so scared about basically everything involving getting this kid out of me!  On the other hand, the tests and gestational age and everything seems really accurate now.  

Did anyone do the quad tests?  Why and why not? (We were just told we need to decide, just curious)  

about the quad tests...i declined them. the quad screening does not actually screen for anything, it basically just makes an educated guess on risk factors for certain things. which i already know i have none. there are no genetic disorder type things in either mine or my fiance's family, and i'm under 35, so i personally deemed it a waste of my time. when i told my doctor my decision, he agreed with me completely.

and thank you to everyone who has chimed in re: spacing. my brother and sister are 16 and 18 years older than myself, respectively, so i was raised like an only child. we have pretty good relationships now, but i always wanted someone closer in age to me, and when i was younger they didn't really even seem like siblings to me, but rather just extended family. on the other hand, though, i'd like to at least have one out of diapers before i have another!

edited because i can too spell

that's how my husband was. we would be somewhere and he'd get serious and say "i have something important to ask you"  and then say something like "want to just order pizza for dinner?" and after a while i knew it was a joke so i'd shut him down and say stuff like "you're gonna do this at the grocery store??? no."

or we would be in the house lazing around and he would peek his head behind a wall and casually say "wanna get married today?" and i would always come up with a lame excuse "no, i still need to shower." 

The other night we decided on a date of October something, 2018. :laughing-rollingred: Since I've made it clear I want a two year engagement, he's got about a year to figure that out.

Beautiful ring! My boyfriend has never proposed. He's not very demonstrative. I imagine I'll be waiting for awhile for a proposal :P We're both in grad school right now, so I've been looking at rings that are under a thousand. I completely fell in love with this one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/199240268/lotus-flower-paraiba-spinel-diamond?utm_source=OpenGraph&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share

That's so pretty! I love non-traditional styles and stones. Etsy has some awesome finds. My mom got her emerald with a celtic knot band there and loves it!

I just wanted to say thanks to all the folks relating their experiences with their siblings. DH and I are still thinking about having another child and I have been a bit stressed feeling like there is a race against time. My DS is only 2 and hearing these stories makes me feel better about waiting on our decision until we are really sure. 

My son turned 2 in September. We originally thought we'd space our kids 2-3 years apart. I am so happy we don't have a baby right now in addition to our severely speech delayed toddler.

And now we're pretty sure we won't have another child at all because of my R.A. diagnosis. Though I am so confused about it all. I just don't know what we'll end up doing. :(

So since everyone is talking about their first pregnancies going over, did anyone else's go early? I had my child 5 days early. Had my membranes stripped so that probably helped, but I was thankful not to go over.

I had my son at 39 weeks, 3 days. I never went into labor though. I had a c-section after my BP got too high. (I could have been induced but due to some medical reasons, I chose c-section.)

I'm expecting my first, so scared about basically everything involving getting this kid out of me!  On the other hand, the tests and gestational age and everything seems really accurate now.  

Did anyone do the quad tests?  Why and why not? (We were just told we need to decide, just curious)  

I didn't do any genetic testing when I was pregnant. Basically because no results would change anything for me. We were already planning to have a baby in a fantastic hospital with a great NICU. And many things would be caught (if he had them) at the 20 week ultrasound anyway.

I might just die laughing if that happens now! :pb_lol:

Fingers crossed that she spawns the little SeeWeed soon. She's got to be feeling a bit uncomfortable at this point. Hopefully everything goes well and both mom and baby are healthy and happy.

SeeWeed  omg  that is the best!!!

Did Michelle ever go overdue on her pregnancies? Do some jumping jacks, Jessa! Jostle that kid out!

Re first pregnancies and due dates: I'm the oldest and I was about a week early. My sister had my nephew at just about exactly 37? 38? weeks. Whichever of those is full term. She had had an appointment with her midwife, who told her "welp, you're officially full term now, and could go into labor at any time." She went into labor the next day. :P

about the quad tests...i declined them. the quad screening does not actually screen for anything, it basically just makes an educated guess on risk factors for certain things. which i already know i have none. there are no genetic disorder type things in either mine or my fiance's family, and i'm under 35, so i personally deemed it a waste of my time. when i told my doctor my decision, he agreed with me completely.

and thank you to everyone who has chimed in re: spacing. my brother and sister are 16 and 18 years older than myself, respectively, so i was raised like an only child. we have pretty good relationships now, but i always wanted someone closer in age to me, and when i was younger they didn't really even seem like siblings to me, but rather just extended family. on the other hand, though, i'd like to at least have one out of diapers before i have another!

edited because i can too spell

Hm... we don't know my husband's genetic history or risk factors, so we may consider it, but this is really helpful, thanks.  

http://www.annasheffield.com/collections/black-diamond/products/hazeline-suite-no-11 I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

I haven't been subtle about it at all. But he also "proposes" to me about once a week, so...I honestly think I won't know he's serious when he actually is.

My now fiance did that all the time. I only knew he was serious because he was nervous and actually had a ring. Though looking back at it I have no idea why he was nervous, I'd already said yes about 30 times :my_smile:

My first was born 4 weeks early, my second was 6 weeks early ( and had breathing issues but it's now crazy strong and wild) and my third was 3 weeks early.

563bb625d9ef4_Womens-Lady-font-b-White-bOh I love wedding dresses! This is a picture of my daughter's dress. I don't have one with her in it as she won't take a picture like that until her wedding day in April!

Ugh. Stupid Duggars. Never on time.  At this rate I'm going to have to figure out how to scan in pictures of dear, long departed Husky or my wedding dress from 16 years ago. Either that or take  a selfie of my stomach (not pregnant and never was, but somebody forgot to tell my abs that) just to distract myself from checking for news every time I get on the Internet.  

Ugh. Stupid Duggars. Never on time.  At this rate I'm going to have to figure out how to scan in pictures of dear, long departed Husky or my wedding dress from 16 years ago. Either that or take  a selfie of my stomach (not pregnant and never was, but somebody forgot to tell my abs that) just to distract myself from checking for news every time I get on the Internet.  

Haha I feel ya! :) 

Quad screens are just screens. They only give you probabilities, which depending on your personality can be maddening.

Look into if your insurance covers one of the free cell DNA blood tests: MaterniT21, Harmony, Verifi... They are close to diagnostic reliability for major trisomies. Plus you find out sex. Doesn't test for neural tube defects though.

Might not be covered if you are not AMA or high risk.

Knowing what I know now I personally would want to have as much knowledge beforehand as possible. It is a personal decision though. 

So since everyone is talking about their first pregnancies going over, did anyone else's go early? I had my child 5 days early. Had my membranes stripped so that probably helped, but I was thankful not to go over.

Yep. Two days early here. Was kind of bummed, actually, since my due date was Summer Solstice, but I was definitely happy to be done since I had been on bed rest for preeclampsia for weeks.

We have 5 kids with this spacing, 2 years, 3 years,  3 years, 5 years, 3 boys and girl and another boy. They all got along well with the normal sibling squabbling. Now that they are adults it makes me happy how much they like each other and hang out together. The 4 youngest all live close to us (and in fact live within a couple miles of each other), and do stuff together frequently. Not to mention that with 2 of my boys married, my daughter now has the sisters she always wanted! My oldest makes it back home as often as he can. I don't think there is any ideal spacing, it depends on the family situation, personalities, each family has to decide what makes best sense for them.

As far as pregnancies, my first was 44 weeks(ugh! and it was summer). This was in 1981 so they didn't do anything until I was 4 weeks overdue, and there was no ultrasound done either. I had one of those experiences that I don't like to sure with first time moms, because I don't want them to freak out, my situation was so not normal. After 4 weeks overdue I checked until the hospital, they did an x-ray to see if I was big enough to deliver the baby (I was) and then they tried unsuccessfully to induce me with pitocin. When that didn't work, they put this stuff(don't remember exactly) in my cervix to make my dialate. After 24 hours I was dialated to 2 and they gave me pitocin again. 22 hours later I had gone all the way to 4. That sounds terrible, but really it was just so frustrating, I hardly had contractions at all. At this point, my contractions completely stopped even with the max dose of pitocin so they did a c-section.

Eventually, it was discovered that I have a deformed uterus, and although I have no problem getting pregnant and carrying a pregnancy the contraction thing doesn't work at all! So, very thankful for c-sections!

And now we're pretty sure we won't have another child at all because of my R.A. diagnosis. Though I am so confused about it all. I just don't know what we'll end up doing. :(

My mom has RA - I feel so much sympathy for anyone that has to deal with it. She's had it since long before my sister or I were born. Her pregnancy with my sister became extremely high risk (for unrelated reasons) and my sister was born via c about 6 weeks early. I was born two years later and my mom insisted on VBAC even though it wasn't a common thing back then (her dad and brother were both OBGYNs and supported the idea). I was apparently veeery comfortable in there and was finally born 2 weeks late via c section because I couldn't be bothered to move (we still joke about this because it perfectly fits my personality). Sorry mom!

I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. Not to solicit internet medical advice, but my mom has found that eliminating nightshades and corn from her diet has been really helpful. Obviously this has not replaced any of the medical intervention, just something she's noticed that can make a difference. Hugs to you and your family as you navigate such a hard thing. My mom is by far the strongest person I know and I have so much admiration for what she deals with every day. 

I know, I have been holding back today and try to concentrate on my studies but my fingers kept going to my phone and seeing if there was any news....Hurry up  Quincy :my_dodgy: If this keeps going on much longer this thread will sideline even more and who knows where we will end up next :SURLEQ:

On a sideline here is a pic off my furry babies (ok technically not mine but my parents but I see them as mine) All rescues or should I say that they chose us

20141226_114626.jpg

suada.jpg

oman kerst 2010 061.JPG

So I go to sleep for 7 hours and you're all giving a nice time but still no baby.

Mine were 10 days early and 2 days early.  

I haven't got wedding photos of either grandmother - low key weddings during WWII - but I do have a wedding photo of a great grandmother, and one of her mother, my GG grandmother. I'll have a look for them.

Pretty much the same here, though I never really wanted one. By the time I was eight or nine I was all about hanging out with the adults or hiding in my room and reading (the future English professor genes were strong!). DD, a second-generation only child, was even worse. She didn't even like to have friends overnight until she was a teen and didn't like it much even then.

I used to go up a tree with a Book and CD player :) Now when I visit my parents I crave alone time. 

I lurked /joined during Dilly Dally watch, but this thread is way better.  I'll take pets, sibling spacing, and wedding dresses over peanut butter and terrifying birth stories any day.

Hey Jessa.  Oh, so you finally had that baby you were holding in to get attention? That's nice, but we're kinda over it, so here's another pic of my dog. 

Ozzies bath.jpg

question, for those of you recently pregnant (like last 10ish years or so)...when my daughter was pregnant in 2009 they found out she carries the cystic fibrosis gene, luckily her husband was negative and my granddaughter is healthy. but now we know that my sons, and her daughters, have a 50/50 chance of also carrying on the gene. is the testing for this, and, i assume other medical conditions, a part of routine testing now? she didn't have this done with her first child in 2002, and i never had any sort of tests like this back in the 80s

question, for those of you recently pregnant (like last 10ish years or so)...when my daughter was pregnant in 2009 they found out she carries the cystic fibrosis gene, luckily her husband was negative and my granddaughter is healthy. but now we know that my sons, and her daughters, have a 50/50 chance of also carrying on the gene. is the testing for this, and, i assume other medical conditions, a part of routine testing now? she didn't have this done with her first child in 2002, and i never had any sort of tests like this back in the 80s

I'm not quite sure about the US but my sister has never been pregnant and she was tested, she carries it. I was tested as well and I don't carry it. My cousin was tested while pregnant and she carries it as well, maybe we were tested cause my grandma, mom and all of my aunts but one, have the gene. I was tested two years ago, so i think it's part of the routine now.

I lurked /joined during Dilly Dally watch, but this thread is way better.  I'll take pets, sibling spacing, and wedding dresses over peanut butter and terrifying birth stories any day.

Hey Jessa.  Oh, so you finally had that baby you were holding in to get attention? That's nice, but we're kinda over it, so here's another pic of my dog. 

Ozzies bath.jpg

This picture freaked me out.  Our dogs could be sisters, I have the same kitchen tile, very similar kitchen chairs, and my sister has a purse just like that.  If I had yellow towels I'd wonder what the heck you had done sneaking into my house to photograph my dog (after touching up her hair as mine has more white in the face.)  This was weird!

I want to go home and see if i can pose her like that and post it so you can be freaked out too.  :) 

This is my all time favorite picture of my fur babies, even though it's getting old now. From tall to short: Odie, Jake and Tesla. All three of them were rescued at different times and are (in my totally unbiased opinion) the sweetest pups ever!

image.jpeg

.This picture is ADORABLE!  :tw_heart: 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived