IGNORED

Bates Family - Part 4

Coconut Flan

Might Chad be alluding to a coming Zach & Whit baby #2 announcement? Although his use of "We" does make it unlikely.

PS You all make a good point about the lack of crockpots among the Gothardites. The only crockpot users I can think of are the Bontragers--they have a big garden (and working farm) & do tons of canning as well- pasta sauce, salsa, etc. And their daughters actually know how to cook.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Alyssa getting John's nieces and nephews all excited that they were going to bake cookies. The next scene then shows Alyssa popping pre-balled frozen dough on a cookie sheet. Did that really need to be shown on television? I agree that homemaking is definitely a lost art among fundies.

Also- why have the Bates had a missing cabinet door in their kitchen for at least a year? That is the kind of stuff I grew up with and it drives my batty. Most ATI types do a horrible job of maintaining their homes and properties. I would actually say that the Duggars and Bates homes are actually nicer than most fundie abodes I have been in.

well - this is interesting.

pbs.twimg.com/media/CO4NKMGWgAEHUqo.jpg:large

Found on twitter. lawson and someone from Indonesia going home. Appears to be the Duggar compound. (wait so he was there the weekend of Famy's wedding and he's back now?).

And look who is photobombing.

Found on twitter. lawson and someone from Indonesia going home. Appears to be the Duggar compound. (wait so he was there the weekend of Famy's wedding and he's back now?).

I can't see it :cry:

EDIT To say: ** never mind ** now it finally comes up- stupid computer

Jonathan or Jason Hartono, I guess.

I'm going to say it again even though I got spanked for saying it before-- We keep lauding Lawson for being such a hardworker and loaning $$ to his family in the past--but I don't see any evidence that he ever actually WORKS at his lawncare business. He always seems to be on perpetual summer vacation --wasn't he just visiting Alyssa a couple of days ago? He's 23 years old. Since he isn't in school, he should have the equivalent of a full time job. I find his singing mediocre & his voice, untrained & thin--like Amy Duggar Jordan Duggar King, he's not going to hit it big as a country singer.

Jonathan or Jason Hartono, I guess.

I'm going to say it again even though I got spanked for saying it before-- We keep lauding Lawson for being such a hardworker and loaning $$ to his family in the past--but I don't see any evidence that he ever actually WORKS at his lawncare business. He always seems to be on perpetual summer vacation --wasn't he just visiting Alyssa a couple of days ago? He's 23 years old. Since he isn't in school, he should have the equivalent of a full time job. I find his singing mediocre & his voice, untrained & thin--like Amy Duggar Jordan Duggar King, he's not going to hit it big as a country singer.

It is a J name but you have the wrong sex.

Jinger was the photobomber

It is a J name but you have the wrong sex.

Jinger was the photobomber

I think HereticHick was responding to clueliss going "lawson and someone". clueliss did say "look who's photobombing" which implies they knew full well who the photobomber was.

Agreed on Lawson's work ethic (or lack thereof). He was in NW Ark last weekend. And apparently again. He was also visiting Alyssa and at home. So, when, exactly, since we are in lawn care season does he perform lawn care?

I agree with you! I do think Lawson was a hard worker before TV but the all the attention has gone to his head. Maybe he deserves a little break after supporting his family, but he's incredibly foolish if he's dropped a successful lawn care business in favor of TV fame. It's not going to last forever and his style of country music is too outdated for a lucrative recording contract. I believe he's going to have the most difficulty adjusting to the real world after the show ends.

I think UP is really putting the idea in his head that he can be a successful country star and he really won't. His voice is decent at best and his songs are dire.

I think UP is really putting the idea in his head that he can be a successful country star and he really won't. His voice is decent at best and his songs are dire.

I do think he has a really good voice, but if he sticks to the type of county he is currently recording, he will go nowhere. Fast.

I think Lawson could probably eek out a living with his music. No he won't be the next Luke Bryan, but he would have appeal to a more old time audience. He could probably find work doing a blue grass/country thing at Dollywood or Silver Dollar City.

The thing that will hold him back isn't a lack of talent, because lets face it, Talent isn't always the key to success in the music business, but it will be that his weird fundie belief system will hold him back from being able to really work with people in the music business who he could learn from. He shouldn't be starting off as a solo star. He should be honing his guitar skills and taking jobs in other's bands, and learning from them. But as I doubt he would be allowed to play in a bar, or work closely with women, His options are pretty limited.

I think Lawson was probably very responsible as a teen, but I think his new found fame is working against him in terms of being a hardworker. Though he is 23, which chronologically is old enough to have some wisdom, he, like most of his fundie peers is still fairly immature for his age. Maybe he will grow out of it.

Maybe he decided he didn't want to be in the lawn care business for the rest of his life.

That is kind of what I was thinking. Maybe he never wanted to be in the lawn business at all. It's likely he had to find some type of way to bring in money were he doesn't work for anyone else and there are no outside influences. My guess is that Gil thought this would be a good job for him.

Maybe he decided he didn't want to be in the lawn care business for the rest of his life.

OK, fine. So what is he doing instead???

I see no evidence of any paying work (maybe a weee little bit with dad's tree business).

Sorry, I don't consider being a 4th string reality tv star to be a job. Aren't young Gothard males supposed to be all preparing to be future heads of 1-income house households? Shouldn't they all be squirrelling away money to buy houses debt free & feed a dozen children tater tot casseroles? Any Gothardite with more than 5 brain cells can look at the Duggars and see that the reality tv $$ won't last forever.

Maybe Lawson's lawn care business is so successful that he hired a bunch of guys to do the actual work.

On Season 2, Episode 13, "Addee & Ellie's Pool Party!", Trace said that he takes care of Lawson's lawn care business when Lawson is away.

On Season 2, Episode 13, "Addee & Ellie's Pool Party!", Trace said that he takes care of Lawson's lawn care business when Lawson is away.

in the episode "Meema moves in" Meema was interested in a house. Kelly said to her she shouldn't worry about the lawn as Lawson will take care of it, "that's what he does for a living."

Uh oh--

Micheala & Brandon might want to stop unpacking the wedding gifts in their Chicago home--

Staddon Family blog announces that IBLP is downsizing & moving from Chicago to Big Sandy.

staddonfamily.com/2015/09/14/texas-ho/

"The decision has been made. Last week it was officially announced that IBLP will be relocating its headquarters from Chicago to Big Sandy, Texas. The trends over the last 15 years have shown that the ministry has more properties than it currently needs, and after much prayer and consideration it was decided that it would be a financially strategic move to consolidate with the ALERT campus down in Texas. While not unexpected, the move will still be quite a change for all of us."

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived