IGNORED

Bates Family - Part 4

Coconut Flan

Yeah, apparently Jinger Duggar/Lawson Bates & Tori Bates/Joseph Duggar are planning on having a double wedding sometime in early 2016. Tori and Joseph feel like they've had enough of college and Jinger couldn't pass up the chance to be married at the same time as her favorite brother. The quiet, fourth oldest daughter recently told a source that she and her future sister-in-law have already started looking at venues.

Wait, what?? Where is this info coming from? Hope it gets televised if true. Gil and Jim Bob can split the cost of the wedding have a contest to see who can get more free stuff for the wedding.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, what?? Where is this info coming from? Hope it gets televised if true. Gil and Jim Bob can split the cost of the wedding have a contest to see who can get more free stuff for the wedding.

Apparently, you did not do a good enough job with your sarcasm, Captain :lol:

Apparently, you did not do a good enough job with your sarcasm, Captain :lol:

Shoot, bummer. It could still happen. :lol: I know we'll be reading about this soon somewhere. Maybe we can plant a seed in Jim Bob's head.

I think the big news of Chad and Erin is a courtship in chads family. On the 12paines blog there is pictures of I think Hannah and another boy in courtship type pictures.

There's a Pirate Festival on Fire Island! Lawson (and Derick Dillard, if you've seen his leather-vest pirate costume) would fit right in (at least costume-wise!):

LIJ%2BKismet%2B1st%2Bannual%2BPirate%2BFest.jpeg

I think the big news of Chad and Erin is a courtship in chads family. On the 12paines blog there is pictures of I think Hannah and another boy in courtship type pictures.

Nate Paine's blog confirms it:

"Becky MaskerSeptember 8, 2015 at 6:42 AM

Is Hannah courting with that young man? Thank you for updating, by the way! Now, you just need to get Chad to give us another update! LOL

Replies

Nate Paine/September 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM

Miss Masker,

Yes, Hannah is courting him. His name is Dan Imondi. :)"

freeingthecaptives.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-fading-of-summer.html

Yeah, I can't see them making a pre-announcement about having a big announcement about the courtship of his sister. That would be something left to the immediate family. Besides, it's now out there, so there's nothing to make a big announcement about.

My 3 guesses:

1. They are moving somewhere (could just be a new house, could be out of Tennessee)

2. Erin is pregnant (seriously hope not)

3. Erin has a new album coming out, probably of Christmas music

is Erin's music degree in Sacred Music, or just generally music?

And does she play secular stuff? We have heard Lawson play some secular songs like Rocky Top, but I think I have only heard Erin play religious music.

The teaser on Chad's website makes me think it is not a pregnancy announcement. Given their past miscarriages, I can't see them hinting at pregnancy until their are in the "safe zone."

I could see them announcing a courtship of a sibling even though that is kind of non-specific to them as a couple.

Maybe Erin became a midwife like Jill :P

And does she play secular stuff? We have heard Lawson play some secular songs like Rocky Top, but I think I have only heard Erin play religious music.

She's played at weddings before (church weddings, but still weddings). Is Here Comes The Bride considered a secular song?

One of her albums is called "Merciful and Mighty", with the tagline "Christ-Honoring Piano". So I think it's safe to say she plays Sacred Music as you put it!

Here Comes The Bride might be secular, but I think it's become so widely accepted that even fundies don't bat an eyelid.

It comes from an opera, Lohengrin, where it is actually sung after the ceremony as the bride goes to her bedchamber. I'm not an opera buff, I just googled "here comes the bride" and looked at the Wikipedia page for Bridal Chorus :lol:

According to the same Wikipedia page:

The Roman Catholic Church generally does not use the "Bridal Chorus"; one diocese's guidelines regarding the chorus states that the chorus is a secular piece of music, that it is not a processional to the altar in the opera, and especially that its frequent use in film and television associate it with sentimentality rather than worship.

A lot of brides use Canon in D nowadays. It's sort of the cliche wedding song now. But it's actually one of my favourite songs and I will probably walk down the aisle to it if I ever get married. And yes, I love the Pachelbel Rant. :)

As a cellist, not a fan of Pachelbel. :lol: Don't like Wagner's Bridal Chorus, either. Will be using this, if I one day have a church wedding:

[bBvideo 560,340:1wond88o]

[/bBvideo]

A lot of brides use Canon in D nowadays. It's sort of the cliche wedding song now. But it's actually one of my favourite songs and I will probably walk down the aisle to it if I ever get married.

I LOVE Canon in D, too bad it is being used so heavily.

My brother can't boil water though my dad can cook some things better than mom or me.DH cooks as well. It isn't just a Fundie thing that women cook. Actually I would say gender roles is why my brother can't cook, but have no clue really. My 79 yr old mom still fixes his dinner for work. There's no excuse to not learn cooking these days with the world of videos on the internet and books.

Again, I dont think the Bateses are nicer-just packaged differently. They may be slightly more hands on but still need the help of the older daughters and attention is in groups.

It's funny...when i was about 7 my dad randomly started cooking dinner every night (he wasn't a fan of my mom's cooking so rather than complain, he took over the job). I married a man who LOVES to cook...It has been 16 years and I am just now learning to cook decently, lol!

On the subject of wedding music, most people are surprised to find that "Here comes the bride" is from an opera. They assume it's a religious piece because it's associated with weddings.

My processional was Jeremiah Clarke's Trumpet Voluntary. Same processional as Princess Diana's.

Recessional was "Hornpipe" from Georg Handel's Water Music though it was a tough choice between that and Widor's "Toccata".

A lot of brides use Canon in D nowadays. It's sort of the cliche wedding song now. But it's actually one of my favourite songs and I will probably walk down the aisle to it if I ever get married. And yes, I love the Pachelbel Rant. :)

Canon in D is what I walked down the aisle to 11 years ago. So many were so flabbergasted that I didn't use the traditional song.

I was raised WELS Lutheran and the church I attended wouldn't allow the traditional wedding march. It had to be a hymn from the approved WELS hymnal. I didn't get married in that church.

On the subject of wedding music, most people are surprised to find that "Here comes the bride" is from an opera. They assume it's a religious piece because it's associated with weddings.

And not just any opera, a Wagner!

I heard once that because of Wagner's well known anti-Semitism, the wedding march is rarely used at Jewish weddings. Haven't been to enough to say one way or the other though.

We didn't want to use the traditional wedding march or Canon in D, so we used Ode to Joy for our processional. The entire wedding party walked down the aisle to it, including the groom. We completely avoided that whole "must focus on the bride and the bride only, RIGHT NOW" thing that way.

I was raised WELS Lutheran and the church I attended wouldn't allow the traditional wedding march. It had to be a hymn from the approved WELS hymnal. I didn't get married in that church.

My cousin was married in a LCMS church and the pastor would not allow any music that was secular. In fact, he had a laundry list of requirements for a wedding performed at his church.

My processional was Jeremiah Clarke's Trumpet Voluntary. Same processional as Princess Diana's.

Recessional was "Hornpipe" from Georg Handel's Water Music though it was a tough choice between that and Widor's "Toccata".

I'm a singer. if i ever get married it would be kinda funny to have a women's opera chorus sing Treulich geführt in the original german. but then i actually really hate wagner so nevermind. :D

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived