IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

It would be weird for siblings to announce, but they may think that announcements from DQ and JB would generate more hostile responses about how they push their kids into unhealthy marriage. Jill's marriage seems the most healthy to me of the three who have married, so she may be the best spokesperson for duggar courtship at this time. And announcing a Duggar-Bates courtship with this tease would correspond well with the Bates' teasing. I rescind my vote that they are leaving the mission field and put it instead toward them announcing a Bates courtship. But I still won't be surprised if they are indeed abandoning the mission that they spent hardly any time on regardless. They seem to be fans of hasty decisions and I don't see the move out of Stonybrook as any reassurance that they will be any more committed to the mission or any less likely to move back to NWA.

I am guessing that a Jill pregnancy announcement will come by years end, but I don't see her teasing at it like this. We will know as soon as the test shows that little extra line.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't a Joseph-Tori courtship make more sense than Lawson & Jinger? Joseph spent a whole semester near the Bates.

Or Could it possibly be a Paine-Duggar courtship?

There's plenty of things I judge Jill for, but weaning early isn't one of them. For some, breast feeding is an awful experience. I don't blame people for quitting early.

but LOL at that In Touch article. Of course, we all knew that donations would fund vacations, but it's nice to see some leg humpers getting pissy over it.

Breastfeeding after a C-section is really, really painfull to do. The wound really hurts everytime you do that (and yes i have been there). My milk dried up around 9 weeks after giving birth and my babys where hungry. I gave them a bottle whenever i did not have enough milk

Breastfeeding after a C-section is really, really painfull to do. The wound really hurts everytime you do that (and yes i have been there). My milk dried up around 9 weeks after giving birth and my babys where hungry. I gave them a bottle whenever i did not have enough milk

Just jumping in to clarify that the bolded was YOUR experience and I'm sorry it was painful for you. I don't want readers who might be contemplating breastfeeding to think that this is always true. My second was a C-section, it did not hurt to breastfeed him, and he stayed on the breast for eight months until he sort of seemed bored with it. Both my breast-fed children were good experiences for me and I'm a huge proponent of nursing. I do realize that my experience is also not indicative of every single mother who has tried breast-feeding, though.

Just jumping in to clarify that the bolded was YOUR experience and I'm sorry it was painful for you. I don't want readers who might be contemplating breastfeeding to think that this is always true. My second was a C-section, it did not hurt to breastfeed him, and he stayed on the breast for eight months until he sort of seemed bored with it. Both my breast-fed children were good experiences for me and I'm a huge proponent of nursing. I do realize that my experience is also not indicative of every single mother who has tried breast-feeding, though.

You are right, i should have posted that for me it was very painful and maybe i was more aware about it because i was warned it would be (never underestimate the human mind ;) )

I have no problems how one choses to feed their baby (as long as they do feed them, obviuosly), but the snarky part about it si weaning early, just to try to get knocked up again , on purpose, you know, vs letting nature take it's path.. especially in their mindset of "as many as God gives you" thing.

Yes! Weaning early in the attempts to get pregnant seems to be a little hypocritical. It just shows that women like Michelle and Kelly Jo are all about the # babies they put out. I want them to just admit they weaned at 3 months (or when they jumped back on the hump wagon) on purpose to get pregnant as early as possible!

The bottle Izzy has is usually used with a medela pump. So I don't think he's been weaned. Of all the things to judge these morons for the choice to breastfeed or not isn't one of them. I did it for 16m only out of sheer determination but it's so fucking hard at times. ...

Agreed. Breastfeeding or bottle feeding, is very individual and I would not presume to criticize another mom on those decisions.

Apparently I was allergic to breast milk and all other milk as a baby and I had to be given soy milk. I have no idea where my mom sourced it, but apparently is was brown in those days (early '70s) Everyone thought I was being given chocolate milk as a newborn baby!. I had a teacher in middle school that had some sort of medical condition as a baby and her parents had to feed her beer! Sorry to derail a bit, I just remembered these things.

They put up some new pictures on their website. I'm thinking she looks pregnant. It's weird they have a picture with DQ but not J boob.

Where are the new pictures?

From all the pictures I've seen of her lately, she looks like someone who just had a baby by C-section five months ago. Even if she were pregnant, it's kind of doubtful that she'd be showing already.

From all the pictures I've seen of her lately, she looks like someone who just had a baby by C-section five months ago. Even if she were pregnant, it's kind of doubtful that she'd be showing already.

That's your opinion. A lot of people think she does look pregnant. Also, most people start showing by 3 months.

That's your opinion. A lot of people think she does look pregnant. Also, most people start showing by 3 months.

Of course it's my opinion. What else could it possibly be?

I have no idea whether Jill is pregnant or not. I have no opinion either way on the matter. But I'll just throw it out there that a lot of people think a lot of things. If Anna Duggar had been pregnant every time a lot of people thought she looked pregnant, she'd have 15 kids by now.

I know it's expected because of how Jill was raised, and soon, but I cringe at the thought of her getting pregnant so quickly after what she went through with Izzy. Seems like Jill had a really tough time with his delivery if even half of what we've heard is true, and her body needs time to heal before getting pregnant again.

I had c-sections with both of my kids and breastfed without supplementation for 13 and 17 months. I know that some moms struggle, so no judgment, but it can be done.

IF they follow the Gothard rule, the earliest she could have gotten pregnant would be the middle of May. I think that would put her around 4 months now, with a due date around the middle of February (Israel was born April 6th). Possible? Yes. Likely? Well, she did get pregnant two seconds after she got married, but this time she was recovering from a long and hard labour, a difficult emergency C-section, adjusting to life with a newborn, weathering a scandal the shook her family, breastfeeding, and preparing to move and become a missionary. Her husband also underwent surgery during this time. This is a Duggar we're talking about, so I would not be surprised at all if she were pregnant again, but given everything I mentioned, I also wouldn't be surprised if she weren't. And I would be surprised if she were more than a few weeks along. If Jill is already ~3 months pregnant, she may end up giving Michelle a run for her money (assuming she can avoid multiple C-sections and an emergency hysterectomy or something similar).

IF they follow the Gothard rule, the earliest she could have gotten pregnant would be the middle of May. I think that would put her around 4 months now, with a due date around the middle of February (Israel was born April 6th). Possible? Yes. Likely? Well, she did get pregnant two seconds after she got married, but this time she was recovering from a long and hard labour, a difficult emergency C-section, adjusting to life with a newborn, weathering a scandal the shook her family, breastfeeding, and preparing to move and become a missionary. Her husband also underwent surgery during this time. This is a Duggar we're talking about, so I would not be surprised at all if she were pregnant again, but given everything I mentioned, I also wouldn't be surprised if she weren't. And I would be surprised if she were more than a few weeks along. If Jill is already ~3 months pregnant, she may end up giving Michelle a run for her money (assuming she can avoid multiple C-sections and an emergency hysterectomy or something similar).

Did you have a C-section?

FWIW, I had a wonderful experience formula feeding, the hardest part was the Breastapo trying to shame me for it. So if Jill switched to formula, that's absolutely fine. I hope no one is trying to give her shit for doing so.

I still think she announces baby #2 on the day Jessa gives birth, or the day after, mostly because I don't believe Jilly Muffin likes to share the spotlight.

Really? That's not been my experience but if I were an outlier and that were true than the pretty common practice where many women don't announce until the second trimester wouldn't be very effective as they'd already be showing.

I think that's super early to show if clothed. I do think it's common to show earlier in subsequent pregnancies (if close together) but I don't know anyone could look at someone else and even attempt to guess that early.

This would be the worst part of being a Duggar for me - they bring so much snark on themselves which they richly deserve but having their tummies and breasts evaluated in every pic looking to read the tea leaves...even when it's not about body shaming and just trying to guess it just feels creepy to pay that much attention to subtle changes in a strangers body.

I know mileage varies about this around here - I'm just glad I'm not living a life where strangers were constantly assessing the flatness of my tummy and size of my breasts.

I know mileage varies about this around here - I'm just glad I'm not living a life where strangers were constantly assessing the flatness of my tummy and size of my breasts.

Seems like we've discussed that about 1000 times now. :dead-horse:

Jill's always been a bit thick around the middle since giving birth so who really knows. I'm more intrigued by the upcoming big news they are teasing about. We all know they are expert missionaries, if its truly within their "family" meaning the Dillards, she probably is expecting.

Hate the layout of Derick and Jill's site but you can find the pics on tumblr here - dillardfamily.tumblr.com

There's a bunch so you have to scroll down a bit to see Jill. They aren't actually new new photos, they're Israel's newborn pics taken when he was a few days old. So yeah, terrible judgement to say Jill is pregnant based strictly on those pics. I've seen more recent pics of her since she came back from Central America (here - https://36.media.tumblr.com/acf525e9acb ... o3_540.jpg and here - https://41.media.tumblr.com/7ff950d3ae4 ... o1_540.jpg) and I don't think she looks pregnant.

dillardfamily.com/2015/9/it-s-official

Looks like Jill is now a CPM, Certified Professional Midwife

Wow, considering how many people here said it would never happen... it sure happened practically overnight! :pink-shock:

Archived