IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

This isn't meant to be body shaming, she has a perfectly acceptable body, but Jill is looking pregnant in Amy's wedding shots...

Or perhaps she just gained the Jesus equivalency of the freshman 15.

She has looked pregnant every day since giving birth. Have you seen the pictures from the Alive festival they spoke at? I think her belly just isn't going back to normal yet... and probably won't if she continues to get pregnant constantly like Michelle.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jill would make a good Christian preschool teacher. She loves children and she would be in her element. That way, she wouldn't be putting women's lives at risk by attempting to deliver babies in other countries while doing mission work... There IS a reason why it is ONLY legal to be a LAY midwife in some states.... NOT safe! She will tell poor disadvantaged women or women who don't speak English that she is a "medical professional and midwife" and they will trust her and believe it when it's simply not the case... Remember when Michelle said Jill's training is similar to a doctor's? Scary.... Speaking of delivering babies, OBGYNs have to pay for very high malpractice insurance because they constantly get sued. What would Jill do if she was sued?

Since the women don't speak English and she doesn't speak Spanish, they won't understand anything she says, so they will not be misled. :lol:

Seriously, my guess is that the only circumstances under which she may need to use her midwifery skills in Central America would be in an emergency situation when there is no one else... And under such circumstances anyone with any training at all is good.

She is not going to set herself up as a practicing midwife in El Salvador even if she gets a license. She may help out at some clinic or give baby care advice (hopefully leaving out the blanket training) or visit newly delivered mothers to read the bible at them while taking their blood pressure.

But she is not going to commit to regular checkups and consultations with patients and being around and available to deliver the babies. She can't just pick up and return to Arkansas for the next wedding, funeral or hoe down if she has patients depending on her. :wink-kitty:

She has looked pregnant every day since giving birth. Have you seen the pictures from the Alive festival they spoke at? I think her belly just isn't going back to normal yet... and probably won't if she continues to get pregnant constantly like Michelle.

True, about losing the baby weight. I haven't lost my csection pregnancy weight either. (1 year out), but she seems like her tummy has gotten bigger since the alive shindig.

Especially in the playground insta video and more so in the Famy and dill family shot.

Perhaps, waiting to announce due to the scandal and all the negative media attention?

As my mama always said, we shall see!

Looking at that Instagram photo it is probably more recent then April-May. My guess they are visiting someone. At first I thought maybe Anna when she gave birth but they weren't back yet and assuming the photo is of more recent variety so I wonder if they could be visiting Dercik's mom. I think she most likely option to be in the hostipal then Jessa. And chances are Mechille would make appearance. Also if it's Dercik's mom it would explain why they are back for the month because I wouldn't be surprise if she in there for something routine.

Although looking on Instagram Jessa didn't post something about DQ so there is the slightest chance it could be her in the bed.

As for Jill being knocked up I think it still to soon. Although this assuming Jill is not a complete moron and would let her body fully recover.

I would not like to open the internet and read about what strangers think of my stomach at any time, but especially if I had shit hit the fan a month after I gave birth. Snark away about the value of their "mission work," that's something to do with their beliefs and actions, leave her tummy alone.

I know, I know, we have had the debate about what constitutes acceptable body snarking. I'll be the grumpy one this time. I think it's worth a periodic reminder.

OT (kinda): Does anyone ever wonder what the possible effects of the knowledge of this site might have on Jinger? (assuming she knows).

edited-typos

If it's a new pic, it's not Jessa in the hospital. Seewald Family posted a pic on Instagram of Jessa hanging with Grandpa Seewald just an hour ago. And she appears to be wearing a tank top style dress for what that's worth.

OT (kinda): Does anyone ever wonder what the possible effects of the knowledge of this site might have on Jinger? (assuming she knows).

I don't know if she knows, but I bet if/when she does she will not like it. I mean, whom among us would like her/his name used as part of the title of a forum that attacks her/his family's beliefs ?

Though we may think the J-slaves need to be freed, I doubt they'd thank us for our concern or appreciate the hyper-attention their family gets here.

The snarking here may sometimes serve the greater good of exposing hypocrisy, but I would be surprised if Jinger, Jill, Jana or any of the others would forgive us for it.

:crying-yellow: :crying-yellow:

Jmho

In the "About Jill" section of her website she claims she has no plans of using her midwifery skills while she has her own little ones at home.... Well, that's going to be a long, long time. I wonder why she's now trying to keep up with it? Perhap$ $he'$ a bit worried.

I think she sort of has to say that, but Derick may be more practical and thus encouraging her. I still don't see how she would be able to do midwifery in the traditional sense until she has her own J'slaves. Though, as missionaries both having skills would increase their placement options, though maybe dragging a silly amount of kids with you negates that... Derick should think of that!

I usually get stuck spinning in circles trying to figure any of this out.

Just want to raise my hand here as a homebirthing mom of three kids with a CPM that I am completely normal and not crazy (borderline boring in fact) and yes I would give birth in a hotel room if there was some reason my own home was not available (like if I lived with in-laws). All three kids slid out of the ole yoni just great and I have nothing but positive memories of those three days bringing my kids into the world. Our birth choice impacted my mothering life and even sex life with my husband in very positive ways. And my CPM did a great job in both prenatal and postnatal care. She is an expert in normal birth.

I don't know what Jill's full education has been like. But yes I'm sure she can be helpful to mothers. And her own birth experience shows her that not everything is a guarantee and you sometimes need further assistance. I think this is a great way for her to be of practical use in El Salvador.

Just want to raise my hand here as a homebirthing mom of three kids with a CPM that I am completely normal and not crazy (borderline boring in fact) and yes I would give birth in a hotel room if there was some reason my own home was not available (like if I lived with in-laws). All three kids slid out of the ole yoni just great and I have nothing but positive memories of those three days bringing my kids into the world. Our birth choice impacted my mothering life and even sex life with my husband in very positive ways. And my CPM did a great job in both prenatal and postnatal care. She is an expert in normal birth.

I don't know what Jill's full education has been like. But yes I'm sure she can be helpful to mothers. And her own birth experience shows her that not everything is a guarantee and you sometimes need further assistance. I think this is a great way for her to be of practical use in El Salvador.

Oh lordy, well that could take us into a gigantic back and forth thread drift or we could just agree to disagree on this one. You count for pro-homebirth (even in a hotel?! lordy lordy lordy) and I count for anti. There. We even each other out. No need for posts on pedicures and crap. You're welcome.

I would not like to open the internet and read about what strangers think of my stomach at any time, but especially if I had shit hit the fan a month after I gave birth. Snark away about the value of their "mission work," that's something to do with their beliefs and actions, leave her tummy alone.

I know, I know, we have had the debate about what constitutes acceptable body snarking. I'll be the grumpy one this time. I think it's worth a periodic reminder.

edited-typos

The first line of my post said I was not body snarking or shaming and that Jilly's body was just fine.

You didn't publicly align yourself with a cult that refuses birth control in hopes of catching all the babies, did you?

If you did, and you were a very "public" figure, it would be foolish to get angry over folks wondering if you were pregnant. Jill has said often that she would love as many children as possible. Unless they are abstaining from intercourse ( which although I doubt, I don't have any disire to know- yuck!), they are having unprotected sex which is an exceptional way to become pregnant. Those who follow them know this and are on the look out for Dilly 2: this time it's personal.

Not meaning to sound angry over this or mean, I'm currently in a lot of pain. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Also, my travel agent wanted to charge a mighty amount for a trip to Italy. Anybody wanna sponsor a mission trip to the Vatican? There seems to be a large Catholic population that is confused about the right flavor of Jesus! Plus, I'd love some sweet fellowship with some gelato right about now.

ETA I see now it was meant to be a kind reminder, thank you and thank you all for allowing me to voice my thoughs! This is a big distraction tool for me and it helps me get through moments that feel particularly bad.

The first line of my post said I was not body snarking or shaming and that Jilly's body was just fine.

You didn't publicly align yourself with a cult that refuses birth control in hopes of catching all the babies, did you?

If you did, and you were a very "public" figure, it would be foolish to get angry over folks wondering if you were pregnant. Jill has said often that she would love as many children as possible. Unless they are abstaining from intercourse ( which although I doubt, I don't have any disire to know- yuck!), they are having unprotected sex which is an exceptional way to become pregnant. Those who follow them know this and are on the look out for Dilly 2: this time it's personal.

Not meaning to sound angry over this or mean, I'm currently in a lot of pain. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Also, my travel agent wanted to charge a mighty amount for a trip to Italy. Anybody wanna sponsor a mission trip to the Vatican? There seems to be a large Catholic population that is confused about the right flavor of Jesus! Plus, I'd love some sweet fellowship with some gelato right about now.

ETA I see now it was meant to be a kind reminder, thank you and thank you all for allowing me to voice my thoughs! This is a big distraction tool for me and it helps me get through moments that feel particularly bad.

Of course. I get it. I realize that the ongoing question of "is she pregnant?" is linked directly to their stupid beliefs. i just think we can get a tad overzealous in our photo analysis. It's a murky line. Thank you for not taking offense :) I was deliberately trying not to point a finger.

(I use fj in exactly the same way.)

Of course. I get it. I realize that the ongoing question of "is he she pregnant?" is linked directly to their stupid beliefs. i just think we can get a tad overzealous in our photo analysis. It's a murky line. Thank you for not taking offense :) I was deliberately trying not to point a finger.

(I use fj in exactly the same way.)

If you are Quiverfull, the pregnancy speculation is going to be fair game. It's not body shaming. You cannot stop people from wondering if she is pregnant or not and the fact is, she looks pregnant and has openly stated she will have as many kids possible so people are going to assume she is.

Oh lordy, well that could take us into a gigantic back and forth thread drift or we could just agree to disagree on this one. You count for pro-homebirth (even in a hotel?! lordy lordy lordy) and I count for anti. There. We even each other out. No need for posts on pedicures and crap. You're welcome.

To be honest, it's just hard for me to read a bunch of people being negative about something that was one of the best experiences of my life.

If it's a new pic, it's not Jessa in the hospital. Seewald Family posted a pic on Instagram of Jessa hanging with Grandpa Seewald just an hour ago. And she appears to be wearing a tank top style dress for what that's worth.

Who posted it on Instagram? I want to see.

To be honest, it's just hard for me to read a bunch of people being negative about something that was one of the best experiences of my life.

I disagree with you that Jill would make a safe midwife when she did not make safe choices for herself. The homebirth topic is not going to go down well. I suggest we drop it now.

Anyone else think Jill looks a lot like Leanne in Orange is the New Black, especially in that birthday video? Now I'm imagining Jill as an Amish meth head. :lol:

Re: the midwife thing.

CPM's don't treat birth as a medical emergency, but as a natural process. They work with mothers during pregnancy and after. An ethical CPM will not take on a mother who is at high risk of complications, or who begins to show high risk of complications, because that person is not a good candidate for giving birth outside a medical setting. And an ethical CPM will immediately transport to a hospital if medical complications arise.

but the tl;dr is: I actually think Jill could do that form of midwifery. It doesn't require as much medical training as a CNM; as long as she's dealing with medically uncomplicated birthing and has the ethics to do a transport when need be, I could see it. (Whether or not you think the CPM model is a good one overall is a different question than whether or not Jill could do it.)

I don't see it as Jill having the ethics to arrange transport when she's in over her head; I believe Jill doesn't have the I say intelligence, others may say training to realize when she's in over her head. Could she acquire this knowledge? Yes, but not with the method she chose. I mean, her mentor lost her certification! I'm not sure that Jill understands that prayer doesn't deter complications. Someone has to be responsible to understand when the birthing mother does need help, and get her to it. It may not happen for 1,000 births. It may never happen. But someone has to know what to look for.

I would say she likely isn't ready to be an independent midwife, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't be helpful in a clinical setting with a team of other birth workers.

I did not realize there was some long FJ history of anti-homebirth sentiment. It's definitely a minority practice here. But it is much more common in the UK and other european countries. Anyhow different strokes for different folks.

I would say she likely isn't ready to be an independent midwife, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't be helpful in a clinical setting with a team of other birth workers.

I did not realize there was some long FJ history of anti-homebirth sentiment. It's definitely a minority practice here. But it is much more common in the UK and other european countries. Anyhow different strokes for different folks.

I wouldn't say it's a long FJ history of anti-home birth, but rather a rather solid strain of ANTI JILL AS A QUALIFIED MIDWIFE sentiment. Even then, there are a lot of defenders on this board. I am not one of them. I believe she is woefully ignorant and unprepared for life in general, much less medical interactions. Her general education is sub par even by the most generous standards. Her own native intelligence is, imo, up for debate, and there is NO question that her mentoring midwife--the person charged with providing her with most of her practical midwifery training, is no longer licensed due to her own mistakes and substandard practices. None of this suggests that Jill is qualified to do anything but be present at a birth the way my husband was present for my 3 births. The fact that she "had trouble" in her own birth does nothing to mitigate her lack of adequate preparation and education.

Is it possible for Jill to learn effective, safe midwifery practices? Yes. Is she going to? Magic 8 Ball says, "Not likely".

YES.

If anyone judged my thinking, decision-making and coping abilities based on my behavior during pregnancy and delivery, they would have a very poor opinion of me. ;) But under other circumstances I tend to be a problem-solver and I have coped well with most crises that have come my way.

Pregnancy can really impair some people. :(

Well hopefully Jill is not one of those people if she plans to be pregnant as much as her mother

In the "About Jill" section of her website she claims she has no plans of using her midwifery skills while she has her own little ones at home.... Well, that's going to be a long, long time. I wonder why she's now trying to keep up with it? Perhap$ $he'$ a bit worried.

Being available for homebirths requires a lot of flexibility, it doesn't sound like a realistic career option if you plan to have a bunch of babies for yourself. But I guess she could be attending to lots of pregnant relatives yet.

I wonder if she was really into it or if it was more like a storyline for TLC ("See, we're useful, we're interesting!") and not needed anymore now that she's married and the show's gone.

Archived