IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

socalrules - you are probably right. She believes that God will provide and whatever happens is His Divine Will for her and her family. I truly hope she doesn't end up leaving behind a passle of motherless kids.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care...I think less of anyone who goes against medical advice or whatever and just keeps having more children. I think it's completely irresponsible. It's like these women like Michelle couldn't care less about the children they already have. Children who need their mother. All that matters is that they keep "catching babies."

There is always anecdotal evidence of people who have 5 c-sections or back to back pregnancies and whatnot where everything is fine. And morons like Jill and Michelle cling to those stories and think that nothing bad could ever possibly happen because they are "good Christians." It's fucking insane.

I don't care...I think less of anyone who goes against medical advice or whatever and just keeps having more children. I think it's completely irresponsible. It's like these women like Michelle couldn't care less about the children they already have. Children who need their mother. All that matters is that they keep "catching babies."

There is always anecdotal evidence of people who have 5 c-sections or back to back pregnancies and whatnot where everything is fine. And morons like Jill and Michelle cling to those stories and think that nothing bad could ever possibly happen because they are "good Christians." It's fucking insane.

Ignoring medical advice like that is pure hubris. Actually, the whole quiverfull philosophy is pure hubris. These people have had the privilege--and reaped the benefits--of growing up in a society that has advanced to such a degree in large part because we have the means to make reproductive choices. They've become complacent and arrogant because of medical advances that mean that they don't know women who've died in childbirth. So they blithely ignore expert advice, because the consequences are so far removed from their experience that they just can't fathom anything happening to them.

It wouldn't shock me if Jill announced she was pregnant again on the same day that Jessa gives birth, if I'm honest.

My friend was never told not to get pregnant again, not here in Canada where her oldest 4 were born or in Sweden, where her youngest was born. Apart from bedrest for weight gain, and the C-sections, her pregnancies have been miraculous.

That said, I agree that women need to follow the medical advice that they are given on a case by case basis.

It wouldn't shock me if Jill announced she was pregnant again on the same day that Jessa gives birth, if I'm honest.

Sadly I think that this is a distinct possibility.

She will certainly announce a pregnancy at the time of the Seewald baby. And I expect she'd request a zipper with her next C-section if it was possible.

(snip)

That said, I agree that women need to follow the medical advice that they are given on a case by case basis.

I am pretty sure ALL research shows that waiting at least 1 year after c-section before becoming pregnant again is the smartest thing to do. Otherwise you are at a much higher risk for a lot of life threatening complications.

Of course, Jill won't be seeing any real doctors, I'm sure. So she won't technically be going against a doctor's advice. But she would still be making what I would call a very dumb decision.

I am pretty sure ALL research shows that waiting at least 1 year after c-section before becoming pregnant again is the smartest thing to do. Otherwise you are at a much higher risk for a lot of life threatening complications.

Of course, Jill won't be seeing any real doctors, I'm sure. So she won't technically be going against a doctor's advice. But she would still be making what I would call a very dumb decision.

Has she said anything about letting God decide when she gets pregnant and how many children she'll have? If so, then fuck what physicians say, GOD KNOWS BEST.

How would she not get pregnent? She can't deny sex can't use birth control.

Derick has posted a video on his IG of Izzy drinking by himself from a bottle. So I guess he's weaned. Why would Jill wean him at 5 months, unless...

Derick has posted a video on his IG of Izzy drinking by himself from a bottle. So I guess he's weaned. Why would Jill wean him at 5 months, unless...

Let's not think the worst. Maybe she just is way too tired to breastfeed, or because of the stress her Milk suply is down

It's a medela bottle and probably pumped milk.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I hope I did the quoting correctly :shifty:

I think the picture must be quite old. If you look closely at Izzy's hair in comparison to other recent pictures on Jill's instagram, you can see his hair is much longer and more visible now than in the picture where Michelle is holding him.

There could be a chance this picture was taken when Derrick went for his oral surgery, not too long after Izzy was born.

Let's not think the worst. Maybe she just is way too tired to breastfeed, or because of the stress her Milk suply is down

Nothing wrong with weaning early. Maybe she's more comfortable bottle feeding infants. It's not like she breastfed her sister-children.

Isn't there a Gothard thing about stopping breast feeding at 4 months to allow the woman's body to become fertile more quickly? I am at work and cannot look that up, but I pretty sure I read that at one time.

Jill doesn't seem like there is something medically wrong with her but she seems like a ditz. Ironically enough, I think if she grew up more secular and wasn't homeschooled by Mommy Dearest, she would be one of the more booksmart children...or at least would have studied quite often. I don't get why people think Jana is so much smarter than Jill? Sure, she might have more common sense than her sister but their fundamental knowledge is about the same and just as mediocre. Anyone remember that JTTH journal entry from Jana? Unfortunately, they are both ignorant young women to no fault of their own. I mean, they were taught the Earth is 6,000 years old. :cry:

(Jana does get bonus points for at least acknowledging Evolution "kind of makes sense")

You just can't know that, they found out that had a uterus bicornis when i was in my second pregnancy. Both my sons where breach because they did not fit in any other way.

There are a lot of reasons a baby is breach :wink-kitty:

Nothing wrong with weaning early. Maybe she's more comfortable bottle feeding infants. It's not like she breastfed her sister-children.

This. There are a lot of possible reasons she may have weaned earlier than some others would have. Of the women I know my age and younger who've had kids the vast majority didn't nurse for a full year (and those who nursed without supplementing formula at all for a year? I know one.) And not a one of us is quiverful. I get that people like to read tea leaves when it comes to Duggars and their pregnancies, but this just doesn't mean anything one way or the other except that Izzy had a bottle. NBD.

There's plenty of things I judge Jill for, but weaning early isn't one of them. For some, breast feeding is an awful experience. I don't blame people for quitting early.

but LOL at that In Touch article. Of course, we all knew that donations would fund vacations, but it's nice to see some leg humpers getting pissy over it.

There's plenty of things I judge Jill for, but weaning early isn't one of them. For some, breast feeding is an awful experience. I don't blame people for quitting early.

but LOL at that In Touch article. Of course, we all knew that donations would fund vacations, but it's nice to see some leg humpers getting pissy over it.

For real. I hate how we think it's OK for everyone to have so many claims on our bodies. They're her boobs, let her do with them what she wants.

I know plenty of women who breastfeed AND pump/bottle feed their infants. There is no way we can tell from a photo whether Jill has weaned her baby or not. Wow, can't believe I just defended a Duggar!

socalrules - you are probably right. She believes that God will provide and whatever happens is His Divine Will for her and her family. I truly hope she doesn't end up leaving behind a passle of motherless kids.

You know, I also believe that God will provide for my needs, but sometimes that means He will provide medical care and knowledge to help me make decisions. After my first Csection, we made sure to wait a year to get pregnant again, and after my second one, we knew that baby would be our last. I truly wish that people could understand that God's provision does not always involve the miraculous, but sometimes it comes through ordinary, every day things like doctors and things we've learned through years and years of studying.

You know, I also believe that God will provide for my needs, but sometimes that means He will provide medical care and knowledge to help me make decisions. After my first Csection, we made sure to wait a year to get pregnant again, and after my second one, we knew that baby would be our last. I truly wish that people could understand that God's provision does not always involve the miraculous, but sometimes it comes through ordinary, every day things like doctors and things we've learned through years and years of studying.

YESSSSSS! God (if you believe in him) gave us brains, education common sense, etc. in order to USE THEM!

Archived