IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

This. There are a lot of possible reasons she may have weaned earlier than some others would have. Of the women I know my age and younger who've had kids the vast majority didn't nurse for a full year (and those who nursed without supplementing formula at all for a year? I know one.) And not a one of us is quiverful. I get that people like to read tea leaves when it comes to Duggars and their pregnancies, but this just doesn't mean anything one way or the other except that Izzy had a bottle. NBD.

A lot of moms who breastfeed will pump milk so that the dad can also have time spent feeding the baby and have those bonding moments as well.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of moms who breastfeed will pump milk so that the dad can also have time spent feeding the baby and have those bonding moments as well.

That or....working mom's... I didn't supplement until I had to with my DD (just don't pump well, and ran out of my milk stash around 8 months) and pumped for the whole time with DS too. made it a year!! woot! Lots of bottles of pumped milk.

Last time she announced really early. So let's say she is pregnant and she's ~4 weeks along. That would give her a due date around the middle to end of May. Totally possible, unfortunately.

The announcement is probably that they feel they've completed their missionary work and are moving back to the States. Thanks for all the donations, ya'll.

Ugh, I hate all the pearl-clutching over weaning and how "early" Michelle and, apparently, Jill, do it. Jill could have chosen not to give her baby a drop of breast milk and that would have been perfectly fine.

I'd be surprised if Jill announced a pregnancy early, just because she sounded seriously annoyed when talking about people pestering her over her eleventy month pregnancy. I'd assume she'd want to avoid that for future pregnancy by waiting to announce. Maybe she HAS waited and is currently however far along she'd be if she conceived the first time she had sex after giving birth. :lol:

I don't think Jill is pregnant. I think she noticed that everyone was talking about the coming Bates announcement and decided that the same approach would be a great way to steal their thunder and announce the Dillards' return to NWA (agreeing with a previous commenter on that speculation that its to announce that god has laid it on their hearts to end their mission). In my speculation, they love that this can build up hype and attention while they figure out how to announce in a way that will bring in more donations instead of further upsetting the leghumpers who were foolish enough to donate in the first place and who are now calling them out for misuse.

My bet is her next pregnancy will be announced with as little patience as her first. And I am also in the camp that the bottle was of pumped milk, in part so that Derrick could take part in feeding. That seems right up their alley and no judgment there is coming from me regardless.

I don't they think the announcement is about moving back to the states.

Last week they announced that they've moved out of their Arkansas home and plan to live in Central America: dillardfamily.com/blog?ID=df5d4caf-bc87-4e26-8f4b-807ae6953100

The announcement could be related to their mission work, but I think Jill is pregnant.

My first thought about it being a baby announcement was not the bottle but the part about "my favorite son." Which, now that I think about it, would be a pretty shitty thing to say if, indeed, your wife was pregnant with another child.

My first thought about it being a baby announcement was not the bottle but the part about "my favorite son." Which, now that I think about it, would be a pretty shitty thing to say if, indeed, your wife was pregnant with another child.

Unless... she is far enough along to know it's a girl!

DUN DUN DUNNNN

I thought she looked kind of pregnant in the pics from Amy's wedding, but wasn't sure if it was just her dress being poofy. I hope she isn't.

The bottle Izzy has is usually used with a medela pump. So I don't think he's been weaned. Of all the things to judge these morons for the choice to breastfeed or not isn't one of them. I did it for 16m only out of sheer determination but it's so fucking hard at times.

If anything is snark worthy it's the fact that she labored for two+ days after her water broke while GBS+ without going to the hospital when it was clear by looking at her that the baby wasn't positioned for birth. My eyes roll out of my head thinking this is the same person trying to deliver others babies. Ugh.

Ugh, I hate all the pearl-clutching over weaning and how "early" Michelle and, apparently, Jill, do it. Jill could have chosen not to give her baby a drop of breast milk and that would have been perfectly fine.

I'd be surprised if Jill announced a pregnancy early, just because she sounded seriously annoyed when talking about people pestering her over her eleventy month pregnancy. I'd assume she'd want to avoid that for future pregnancy by waiting to announce. Maybe she HAS waited and is currently however far along she'd be if she conceived the first time she had sex after giving birth. :lol:

I have no problems how one choses to feed their baby (as long as they do feed them, obviuosly), but the snarky part about it si weaning early, just to try to get knocked up again , on purpose, you know, vs letting nature take it's path.. especially in their mindset of "as many as God gives you" thing.

As for this, we say that to both our kids all the time, as a joke, (we have one of each with no intention of any more)... my DD's favorite response...."but I'm your only daughter!!" She's 6.

I have no problems how one choses to feed their baby (as long as they do feed them, obviuosly), but the snarky part about it si weaning early, just to try to get knocked up again , on purpose, you know, vs letting nature take it's path.. especially in their mindset of "as many as God gives you" thing.

For one thing, considering how common it is to stop breastfeeding after a few months I don't understand the FJ assumption that the Duggars wean "early" in order to conceive. For another, it's actually not that common for even exclusive breastfeeding to prevent conception. It can be seen a lot in, say, "hunter-gatherer" type societies, because women there generally don't have enough body fat to both breastfeed and ovulate. Most Western women have high enough body fat percentages to do both.

God, I hate it when I feel the need to defend Jill on anything. :twisted:

Michelle didn't need to wean early. She was still breastfeeding Jordyn when she got pregnant with Josie. I think Michelle weaned early, if that's even what her intention was, because it was too stressful for her to breastfeed. It also meant that the baby wasn't reliant on her anymore and she could pass them off to a sister-mom.

What Michelle said was that she usually weaned 'early' because she would get pregnant again within 4-5 months, her milk would change and the babies would wean themselves.

What Michelle said was that she usually weaned 'early' because she would get pregnant again within 4-5 months, her milk would change and the babies would wean themselves.

Yes! You're right. Jordyn stopped liking her milk

at this point i don't know why people are doubting that jill is pregnant again. and if she's not, she will definitely be pregnant by the time december hits.

Yes! You're right. Jordyn stopped liking her milk

but every single kid stopped liking her milk at that point? I can see a few, for sure, but all of them?

but every single kid stopped liking her milk at that point? I can see a few, for sure, but all of them?

Why not? They all love pickles. I'm only half joking. Sometimes these things are genetic.

To the person who asked why people are doubting that Jill is pregnant - maybe because there's no reason to believe she IS pregnant so far? Until they announce it, or she shows up clearly and obviously ~7 months along or something, what's the point jumping to conclusions and saying, "Yes! She's definitely pregnant!" Just because we feel like she might be? The only logical thing is to remain skeptical.

Because of their cult...I do believe Jill will be pregnant many more times in her life. But who knows if she is now? Not me. You can't tell by looking a lot of times. You can't tell by how her baby is currently being fed. Etc.

As for the exciting announcement...I am kind of wondering if it's about Jinger and Lawson Bates. I think it would be weird for Derick to 'tease' something about them. But this family is weird so who knows.

Because of their cult...I do believe Jill will be pregnant many more times in her life. But who knows if she is now? Not me. You can't tell by looking a lot of times. You can't tell by how her baby is currently being fed. Etc.

As for the exciting announcement...I am kind of wondering if it's about Jinger and Lawson Bates. I think it would be weird for Derick to 'tease' something about them. But this family is weird so who knows.

That idea would match well with Erin & Chad's mystery announcement!

That idea would match well with Erin & Chad's mystery announcement!

that would be weird for siblings to announce...

Archived