IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

I'm reading that ET article where they are talking about donors asking where their donations are going. If Dillard Family Ministries is a tax exempt organization, don't they have to keep records of such things? They should be able to give clear answers to those with questions.

Wondering about Derrick's physical appearance, also. He always looks happy but unkempt.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reading the blog update. This shit annoys me so much....

"I am so proud of all the hard work she has put in over the years to prepare to be a midwife. As it should be in all Christian’s lives, she is using this skill as a means to an end, and that end being the spread of the message of the greatest love story ever told, that is, the work of Jesus Christ upon the cross so that all people who believe what he said and choose to make him the Lord* of their life will enjoy life with him forever in paradise. "

I don't know...it just sounds so cult-ish. And I grew up Catholic (now identify just as a christian....but not THEIR kind of christian.)

So she's becoming a midwife to preach to people? I don't get it.

It bothers me, too. It does sound cult-ish and I hate the constant boasting, too, every time their kids do something. This is part of how they set themselves up to fall so hard. They put themselves up in this elite group (those going to heaven) over everyone else.

So they moved all their stuff out of the Stoneybrook house ... I wonder if JB is selling it or giving it to another child. I guess this means they have an actual house in CA and they're shipping all their stuff down there. Long term?

So they moved all their stuff out of the Stoneybrook house ... I wonder if JB is selling it or giving it to another child. I guess this means they have an actual house in CA and they're shipping all their stuff down there. Long term?

I think Jessa would flip if she didn't get that house.

I think Jessa would flip if she didn't get that house.

Yes she sure would flip. I kind of want to see that. I expect a major meltdown if Jessa and Ben don't get gifted that house.

As for Jill's midwifery career, I take it as seriously as Jana's concert pianist career. It is scary to think that Jill can possibly convince some people that she really is a midwife in the U.S. and can help them, particularly anyone who is desperate...

Yes she sure would flip. I kind of want to see that. I expect a major meltdown if Jessa and Ben don't get gifted that house.

As for Jill's midwifery career, I take it as seriously as Jana's concert pianist career. It is scary to think that Jill can possibly convince some people that she really is a midwife in the U.S. and can help them, particularly anyone who is desperate...

Maybe it's a bribe so Jessa or Ben wont write a tell all

There, there, it's okay! :hug:

Just remember that Happy Atheist has been hard at work supplying us with lots of other great post count titles to aspire to!

aww that made me smile! Thank you! I needed that actually. Been a long day...

And YES! I have now seen the list and I just love the creativity! :)

ETA (so I don't have to post three times in a row and annoy everyone :) )

- "we are encouraged by the opportunities we have had to share the hope of the Gospel with our teachers " :pink-shock: NO! :angry-banghead: NO! :angry-banghead: NO :angry-banghead:

YOU do not talk (and certainly not preach) at your teachers. You may talk WITH them in their language (be it spanish in their case...or in mathematical terms if it's math). Let the (wo)man do his/her job!

-Pretty sure jboob would NOT give that house to Blessa and Bin...it's too nice of a house not to rent out and make some extra $$$$.

Regarding Jessa and Bin getting stoneybrook, weren't they against a big house so she "didn't have to clean so much"?

I think they'll stay put in their little mold sanctuary where they can act superior for choosing a smaller, more "humble" home.

I'm reading that ET article where they are talking about donors asking where their donations are going. If Dillard Family Ministries is a tax exempt organization, don't they have to keep records of such things? They should be able to give clear answers to those with questions.

Wondering about Derrick's physical appearance, also. He always looks happy but unkempt.

I think Derrick looks sick in the last couple of photos that have been posted. He needs to go see a Dr. while back in the states!

Regarding Jessa and Bin getting stoneybrook, weren't they against a big house so she "didn't have to clean so much"?

I think they'll stay put in their little mold sanctuary where they can act superior for choosing a smaller, more "humble" home.

i think that jessa just said that to save face because jill got the big house and jessa knew she'd end up at josh's old house.

My hunch:

The mission work was supposed to be a sub-plot for the TV show. That fell apart and now they are transitioning back to the USA. They may fly back to Central America to save face, but it won't be for long. There will be some excuse as to why God led them in a different path.

My hunch:

The mission work was supposed to be a sub-plot for the TV show. That fell apart and now they are transitioning back to the USA. They may fly back to Central America to save face, but it won't be for long. There will be some excuse as to why God led them in a different path.

I think you may have just hit the nail on the head.

My hunch:

The path will likely be that Jill gets pregnant and, due to the difficulty she had in delivering Izzy, she will chose to go back to the US to be monitored by a midwife close to get family.

If his experience living in a semi-rural area in a still-developing country (or a less developed part of a pretty developed country) is anything like mine, he might just be showering less/washing clothes less due to limits on water use and hot water, and his digestive system might be out of whack from food/food prep methods that he's not used to yet. As long as he's happy and slowly learning to deal with cold showers, he's probably fine.

Though we know now that they're hardly living a Peace Corps style existence, so lord only knows why they look like they've been living in the outback for the past few weeks.

My hunch:

This has been my thinking from the beginning. The plan was for TLC to heavily subsidize their trip, and when that fell through after all the arrangements had been made, they had to majorly adjust their plans. That would explain that donation button that appeared so last minute.

If his experience living in a semi-rural area in a still-developing country (or a less developed part of a pretty developed country) is anything like mine, he might just be showering less/washing clothes less due to limits on water use and hot water, and his digestive system might be out of whack from food/food prep methods that he's not used to yet. As long as he's happy and slowly learning to deal with cold showers, he's probably fine.

Though we know now that they're hardly living a Peace Corps style existence, so lord only knows why they look like they've been living in the outback for the past few weeks.

Yeah, I remember him talking about Nepal and saying he only washed his lair like once a month. Still, Jill looks like she always does.

I also wonder how he's continuing ortho treatment, unless he's not planning long stretches overseas.

This has been my thinking from the beginning. The plan was for TLC to heavily subsidize their trip, and when that fell through after all the arrangements had been made, they had to majorly adjust their plans. That would explain that donation button that appeared so last minute.

Yep. And TLC was going to pay for the Dillys to keep coming back for weddings.....

When I see a picture of Derrick it reminds me of photos of people who are rescued from some sort of bizarre circumstance. Completely filthy and exhausted but incredibly happy.

When I see a picture of Derrick it reminds me of photos of people who are rescued from some sort of bizarre circumstance. Completely filthy and exhausted but incredibly happy.

Uuuunbreakable, he alive, dammit! It's a miracle!

Some dude name Derrick*** wrote a mission update - dillardfamily.com/blog

*** Not my typo. That's really what it says on their site. :lol:

That's the Duggar influence for you: so half-assed they can't bothered to know how to spell their own names.

I think Jill is slow. Maybe because having a pleasant disposition and memorizing a little Bible verse was more valuable at the SOTDRT than reading, comprehension and math or maybe because of a learning disability, Jill just doesn't learn easily. I think Jana, who never seemed all that interested in being a doula, was assigned to be Jill's tutor as much as watchdog. Remember the 19 Kids show where Jill and Jana prepared a Nepalese dinner--Jana read and followed the recipe while Jill struggled to figure out Minute Rice directions. For all we know Jill has taken the midwife exam and failed more than once.

As a nurse who has spent years preparing for my vocation, testing for licensure and certification, I am highly insulted at the thought that this young woman, who can barely articulate, is going to waltz through some sort of licensing/certifying process. I took Obstetrics over 40 years ago, and I can tell you that Jill knows even less about it than I remember. If she gets herself certified and then foists her half-assedness off on unsuspecting people in their own country, not even bothering to attempt to be fluent in THEIR language (which I am sure she'll never be) it is just another example of the Ugly American rearing its head.

As a nurse who has spent years preparing for my vocation, testing for licensure and certification, I am highly insulted at the thought that this young woman, who can barely articulate, is going to waltz through some sort of licensing/certifying process. I took Obstetrics over 40 years ago, and I can tell you that Jill knows even less about it than I remember. If she gets herself certified and then foists her half-assedness off on unsuspecting people in their own country, not even bothering to attempt to be fluent in THEIR language (which I am sure she'll never be) it is just another example of the Ugly American rearing its head.

let's be honest. She'll get "certified" by some Christian organization. So that leaves her with two options: deliver Gothardy babies of uneducated Gothardy parents or she'll bring that certificate to Central America and do it there while blessing the laboring mama with the Word.

(I grew up Catholic. This constant "let me tell you about Jesus and why you are a bad person and need him" while people are in vulnerable situations (or not) is so different for me...anyway)

Derick said they were commissioned to the mission field meaning they were given authority to perform a duty or task. If that involves a paycheck, I don't know.

A commissioning service is what happened. Not a commission. It really is a whacked up deal if they got money from a service like that! (and i'm not denying that part. I am just explaining the service) It typically involves sharing about their work and then being prayed for by the church--lots of times the congregation lays hands on them while the prayer is going on.

Archived