IGNORED

Joshley Madison Part 6 - Sin, Confess, Repeat

Boogalou

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Duggars picked a code word to alert the boys in the family to look down at the ground when there was an immodestly dressed woman around. They picked the word "Nike", possibly because they were looking at their shoes.

Thanks. I guessed it was something like that.

I think I read that JB & J'chelle had The Sex before they were married. I believe that they admitted that.

If I recall correctly they just admitted to not keeping their heart as pure as Josh (hahaha, kind of funny now). They also admitted that they kissed before marriage (episode: 20 years, 20 Duggars (the one where J'Chelle describes half the kids as fun-loving)). From the crazy rules they installed for their kids, I am thinking that they've gone the whole way before marriage...

Woah I read that piece of trash and I totally missed that :pink-shock:

Pages 39-40.

They don't read the whole Bible every year at mass. They read the same chapters at the same time every year, but it's not always in order. If you go once a week, that's 52 masses. They'd have to read several chapters a reading to get through the whole thing. I don't think I've ever heard all of the begetting stuff being read in church. Hell, I think our 6th grade teacher even let us skip those when we read the whole Bible that year. They go through a lot of the NT, but not all, and definitely not all of the OT. Each of the gospels alone give different tellings of the same stories. They're not going to repeat the Xmas story 4 times. I went to Catholic school k-8, so I was at church a lot.

I think there is a four year or two year cycle to Mass readings, but you would still not get the entire bible. As a sporadic Mass goer I do not recall many readings from Revelations. However we do have the option for daily Mass. Perhaps if you did daily Mass you would get the whole bible? Most parishes near me offer Mass at least twice a day during the week, Sunday being your obligatory Mass.

Thank God the Free Jinger fashion police are back to remind us all that another Duggar daughter is failing in her womanly duty to look perfect at all times. :roll:

You'd wear 80% of a nun's habit with flip flops to a public event where people will be taking photos?

That dress is fine for the grocery store. But that dress is way too casual and unflattering when you're clinging to your 15th minute and giving desperate media interviews. They both look like messy slobs.

1. It's a pretty dress. We'll obviously have to disagree on that.

2. I never said I would wear flip flops, or that I would wear to that kind of event. You're reading things that aren't actually there.

3. It's pretty awesome in that it can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion.

4. She's pregnant, in hot weather, and wanting to be comfortable. Give her a damn break.

So Jim Bob just loves to talk about other people's sins doesn't he? He still talks about Michelle's 'sins' of dating and mowing in a bikini and now stands up in church to talk about Josh's molestation sin. Not that Josh deserves for that to just be forgotten but you just wonder how often he guilts the kids by constantly bringing up their past faults.

I was taught - and still believe - that christianism was all about forgiveness of sins and redemption, and that the Christ has come and died for us being freed from our us. How can one pretend himself to a be Christian and follow the biblical teachings if he is talking everywhere about the others' sins?

I think there is a four year or two year cycle to Mass readings, but you would still not get the entire bible. As a sporadic Mass goer I do not recall many readings from Revelations. However we do have the option for daily Mass. Perhaps if you did daily Mass you would get the whole bible? Most parishes near me offer Mass at least twice a day during the week, Sunday being your obligatory Mass.

8 years of Catholic school here (Post Vatican II).

There is a three year cycle to Sunday Mass readings and a two year cycle for daily Mass readings. Neither gets you 100% of the Bible, although you will get a majority of the New Testament and a lot of the OT.

Here's a link to a site all about it:

catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/index.html

It includes a statistics section that someone has already previously posted to this thread. If you want to know the reading for each day, the US bishops have a site:

usccb.org/bible/readings/083015.cfm

Go crazy, anyone who's curious! That should answer all the questions, so we can go back to discussing fundies who think all this lectionary shit reeks of Shiny Satanic Babylon anyway. ;)

If I recall correctly they just admitted to not keeping their heart as pure as Josh (hahaha, kind of funny now). They also admitted that they kissed before marriage (episode: 20 years, 20 Duggars (the one where J'Chelle describes half the kids as fun-loving)). From the crazy rules they installed for their kids, I am thinking that they've gone the whole way before marriage...

If Josh has the pure heart, I really, really feel bad for Deanna,

So apparently Jboob just uploaded a note to fathers....

duggarfamily.com/note-to-fathers

My favorite part is:

" Start protecting your family by removing books, magazines, television, or internet that have worldly or sensual content. Replace them with good things like wholesome music, biographies of great Christians, good old-fashioned family fun and games. Love God with your whole heart and look for opportunities to serve others as a family and tell others about our Saviour."

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Hide the Sears catalogs ! (ooops - they don't send those out anymore)

Hide advertisements! Someone may have ads for panties and bras!

Hide the Sears catalogs ! (ooops - they don't send those out anymore)

Hide advertisements! Someone may have ads for panties and bras!

And hide the DVD of 19KaC where Jimboob dry humps DQ at the mini golf

They don't read the whole Bible every year at mass. They read the same chapters at the same time every year, but it's not always in order. If you go once a week, that's 52 masses. They'd have to read several chapters a reading to get through the whole thing. .

Can you imagine trying to get Catholics en masse (ha - pseudo pun) to sit there for that? We've got pancakes to eat when we get home and naps to take - most of us have just under an hour a week of hard pews in us, tops.

:D

I went to Catholic school k thru 12 post Vatican 2, 1965 to 1978, went to mass daily, we didn't read through the entire bible ever. Even with the multi year reading cycles. When I became a "born again" Christian in 1982 and joined a Gothard based cult church, I immediately read through the entire bible Genisis through Revelation and I was stunned at what was in there.

That helped me get out of the cult curch as well a few years later...

Thank God the Free Jinger fashion police are back to remind us all that another Duggar daughter is failing in her womanly duty to look perfect at all times. :roll:

Uh, yea. When you are shilling to People Magazine about a TV show based on your family and you are going to a public event -- because it is your job -- you should try.

The Duggar girls have been media savvy for a long time and very concious of their appearance. They were trying not to look like dumpy cult members.

Personally I dont read anything into this. This would fall under the category of not dignifying it with a response if it's bs. And likely no one but Josh has any idea of what is and isnt true, and I doubt they believe much of anything he says at this point.

The last thing they would want to do is throw down defending this and it turns out the lying smuggar fooled them again.

Besides saying he didn't do this horrible thing in public just opens the door for questions about specifics of the other horrible things he did do.

It seems like they aren't being advised by a PR person or JB wouldn't have dared post something in the realm of parenting advice, so I think they are being accidentally smart by keeping their mouth shut about this.

I agree. By now, even Boob is probably at a point where he is careful about denying things, because they might just turn out to be true after all.

My guess is that this wasn't the last story (true or not), featuring Josh and his sex life, that will make the media. The Duggars would have to spend weeks or even months denying and commenting stuff, which would add even more fuel to the scandal. Best thing they can do is to keep quiet and hope that the controversy will die down soon.

I know, but the meaning of the post flew over my head.

Sorry! I keep checking FJ while sewing, so I'm a bit distracted :) I read that as saying that Josh was an awful brother, but JB was still crowing about how great Josh was; so implying that JB may have sibling problems too (hopefully nothing at all like Josh's though!)

Uh, yea. When you are shilling to People Magazine about a TV show based on your family and you are going to a public event -- because it is your job -- you should try.

The Duggar girls have been media savvy for a long time and very concious of their appearance. They were trying not to look like dumpy cult members.

Her image is modest dress, which is exactly what she wore. She also had on earring, btw. And as for flip flops, her feet could be swollen from pregnancy and that is what is comfortable.

Jessa's beauty is what sells, the hair, the face, not her clothing. And besides, once she opens her mouth, it doesn't matter how fashionable she is, she sounds uneducated, self righteous and not terribly bright.

The reason why she and Ben find themselves in the position of still garnering interest is largely because many of their fan base find them attractive. Not because they have much of anything else to offer.

Sorry! I keep checking FJ while sewing, so I'm a bit distracted :) I read that as saying that Josh was an awful brother, but JB was still crowing about how great Josh was; so implying that JB may have sibling problems too (hopefully nothing at all like Josh's though!)

Ok, thx for explaining. That's true!

I went to Catholic school k thru 12 post Vatican 2, 1965 to 1978, went to mass daily, we didn't read through the entire bible ever. Even with the multi year reading cycles. When I became a "born again" Christian in 1982 and joined a Gothard based cult church, I immediately read through the entire bible Genisis through Revelation and I was stunned at what was in there.

That helped me get out of the cult curch as well a few years later...

Re the bolded: The Christmas story only appears in 2 of the 4 Gospels. I would have to agree that they could not get through the entire Bible in a year. You'd need to read 3-4 chapters a day.

Anyone remember way back at the beginning of the year Derick posted something about his plan to read through the Bible chronologically during the coming year? I though that might be interesting, being a fallen away Evangelical myself and having read a lot of the Bible but never the whole thing. I can only agree 100% with the comment about being stunned at what was in there. The book of Judges was really eye-popping for me. The Bible as a whole has a different feel when read in order than when verses are picked at random and used as "proof" of anything. You really get the flow of the story, much like reading a novel. It's been a fascinating journey so far.

When I get to the New Testament at the beginning of October I'm switching from chronological order time-wise to chronological order writing-wise. I want to read the earliest New Testament writings (several of Paul's letters) first and go from there.

Insert typical newbie/first post disclaimer here ^_^

Since Josh was sent to RU my personal fb exploded. Apparently one of my high school friends went there to get over her heroin addiction. Everyone was asking about it and it explained why she sounds brainwashed. I'm incredulous as to how this is going to help anyone since it seems to be one very, very long Bible Brainwashing Camp.

Archived