IGNORED

Modesty Check! (an outfit thread)

Shirley MacLaine

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found batteries for my camera so I took a pic of this outfit. Do you think it's modest enough to pass for a fundie at a Duggar appearance? If they think I'm one of them they might be more willing to answer my questions.[attachment=0]frumpy (386x800).jpg[/attachment]

Bananacat, I think that your shirt would be very appropriate and not defrauding at all but maybe the skirt needs to be longer. Don't wanna expose too much calf :shock: What do I know, I am currently wearing a t-shirt and sports shorts. Definitely not feminine or modest.

...because the curse of eve is upon me and I'm a horrible non submissive wife and was feeling too incredibly ill and refused flat out to cook dinner.

:shifty:

Hey, me too, except I had sushi, I had to go with my headship to get it, and he couldn't decide what to eat so he had Raisin Bran for dinner (while bemoaning how nobody loves him because nobody made him dinner...but I think he was kidding!).

Jeans and a shortish black dress. Long sleeved but low cut. And the combination of pregnancy and a push-up bra is making my boobs fairly obvious.

I tried on my wedding dress just to defraud you all with my collarbone, arms, and the unfettered girls (still need a bra!).

BEAUTIFUL DRESS!!! LOVE, LOVE LOVE! <3

I'm in a t-shirt with little buttons at the neck (defrauding alert: most of them are unbuttoned, though nothing even vaguely resembling cleavage actually shows) and khaki capri pants. I bought the pants at Goodwill, so that might earn me some fundie points.

I love seeing others' pics! Angri-la, your dress is beautiful; bananacat, your skirt is very cute, even if too short by fundie-frump standards.

My favorite Threadless T-Shirt and favorite ratty old jeans. I'm afraid you'd have to pretty much have your nose in my boobs to read the fine print on the bottom, so I think this is a no-go with the fundies... ah well!

5843861969_06e6264510.jpg

I'm wearing currently a faded long sleeve nightgown which is knee length.

I wore a new wrap blouse today and let us say I am a greatly endowed woman. When I asked my husband if it looked okay he said "Yeah, and you have a lot of cleavage..." so I safety pinned it and then at work (I work at a church) was told by a 75 yr old woman that I had "dressed sexy" today. My gay friend said that I looked like I lost a lot of weight but we decided it was because the blouse drew all eyes to my bosom, and thus made the rest of me recede into the background. So not fundie approved.

I love on her blog how she says that jeans/pants are just like an arrow pointing to the crotch.

Wouldn't that mean jeans/pants are even more defrauding on a guy?

I'm wearing currently a faded long sleeve nightgown which is knee length.

I wore a new wrap blouse today and let us say I am a greatly endowed woman. .

Me too. Inspired by Angri-La, I was going to post a pic of me in my wedding dress, where my boobs appear to be trying to climb out and take over the world, but I was having problems with Tinypic.

Guest Anonymous

A pair of ratty old gym shorts, and a sleeveless, v-neck t-shirt. While I'm wearing underpants. I'm braless. Since there's nobody here but me, Mr. Snarky and the cat, might as well let the girls have their freedom.

Wouldn't that mean jeans/pants are even more defrauding on a guy?

Bahahahaaa!!! Never take that side into account... :-P :lol:

And yes, jeans can be QUITE defrauding on the right guy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I tried on my wedding dress just to defraud you all with my collarbone, arms, and the unfettered girls (still need a bra!).

Oh, lovely! May I ask where you got it? (Also, high five for wedding planning! Mine's in August- when's yours?)

I'm sitting around in this: http://rowena.typepad.com/rostitchery/infinity-dress.html because the headship and I thought sitting around drinking and playing guitar in the living room sounded more fun than going out... after we'd gotten dressed.

Definitely not modest- way too much cleavage going on. Not that the headship minds. :P

Well, until a few minutes ago I was wearing basketball shorts and a white v-neck from my workout, which is immodest not only because of the shorts factor, but because I sweated like a pig and it kind of turned into a wet t-shirt situation.

Now, however, I'm naked and on the way to the shower. So... I'm thinking not appropriate! 8-)

I must link this - I think the picture will show you clearly enough what you have done wrong.

23l1rmh.jpg

(From dedicateddaughter.blogspot.com/2011/05/why-do-you-not-wear-pants.html )

I just read that post, and wow! I've never gotten a coherent explanation of why pants are immodest on women, but not on men. Pants on men can leave very little to the imagination, depending on how tight they are, how he's sitting or standing, and his, er, 'state of mind' at the time. Has anyone ever addressed that issue?

ack! looks like the fundie modesty police will be huntin' a few of us down tonight. As for me I'm settled into bed with some tiny blue tinkerbell shorts that barely cover my ass (the horror! magic and immodesty!) and a holey (or is it holy?!) old tshirt from my favorite pizza place.

hehe thanks for the diagram of how jeans lead to sin, whoever originally posted it.

I'm in capri-length running trousers and a hugely oversized sweater. Not going to defraud anyone, but still not fundie-approved.

All those men who wear Jeans defraud me everyday. They leave nothing to the imagination! Whenever I go out of the house I feel I should have a duggar boy trailing in front of me shouting "Nike" whenever we see a man in jeans.

on topic.

I'm wearing a very defrauding pair of tight jeans (with pride, I've lost a lot of weight recently and it's time to flaunt it ;) and a 3 quarter swoop neck black lace t-shirt that is tight in the boobies and then flows out to my hips. A conservative outfit because it's winter here but sill not Fundie approved.

Also I went thrifiting today and almost bought a denim skirt, THATS when you know you read to much FJ

I always have a hard time knowing what to wear when the weather is hot. If I wear the amount of clothes that allows me to not sweat to death, I end up showing cleavage or my legs above the knee, and I get harassed. I kind of forgot about this when summer began, because I spent last summer in Russia during a historic heatwave (and there was no a/c anywhere except really, really expensive restaurants), and while there is a lot of sexual conservatism and gender weirdness in Russian culture, it doesn't extend to dress pretty much at all - so I ran around in short dresses, tanks, miniskirts, etc., without a second thought. This summer, on the first really hot day, I wore a tank top and shorts, and I actually ended up having to buy a baggy T-shirt. (I take public transportation and walk pretty much everywhere - it would probably not be such an issue if I drove.) I've actually been walking around in a sweatshirt in 80 degree weather for the past few days too. It sucks - when I was younger, I was all "nobody can tell me how to dress, we all have to keep wearing what we want and men have to get used to it", and now I don't even know if it's worth it anymore. It is just so frustrating when it's 100 degrees out, and I walk by a man sitting on a park bench in nothing but his shorts because he can take his shirt off, and he treats me like I'm public property just because he can see past my clavicle. :x /rant

Shorts and a T-shirt from the university I'm transferring to in the fall. Nothing special, really, although I doubt it would be fundie-approved.

Can't post a a pic because I am in a tank top and underwear because that's my sleeping outfit, haha.

To dinner last night, I wore black skinny jeans (pants! too tight!) and a blue shirt (short sleeves! too low!). It seemed modest to me, but was not fundie-approved.

Do fundies care about nail polish? I guess not. I am wearing weird-colored nail polish as usual.

I'm in a cami and jeans.. and my tits are in my armpits, as I am at that age. You don't wanna see it. LOL. I'd fail.

I'm wearing a fitted t-shirt and leggings. Mr. D. doesn't look particularly defrauded. I think I'll draw a red arrow and point it at my crotch, that should work.

Archived